Hi Radiation In Michigan From Japan

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, do it again. This time try to comprehend it. Then keep repeating until you get a grasp on the content (at which point you will realize that we aren't talking about cannabis oil). Then join the discussion. I welcome contributions from you if they are informed.

I thought Cannabis protecting from radiation was the subtext of the thread. What do you think he meant when he said he thought he heard Cannabis cures cancer? I've always had pretty high reading comprehension but maybe you can straighten me out.

"The Cannabis consumer is the most likely survivor." Lol, how is that not about protecting from radiation with Cannabis!

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

I thought Cannabis protecting from radiation was the subtext of the thread. What do you think he meant when he said he thought he heard Cannabis cures cancer? I've always had pretty high reading comprehension but maybe you can straighten me out.

"The Cannabis consumer is the most likely survivor." Lol, how is that not about protecting from radiation with Cannabis!

I'm not going to play your game. Read the text. I already told you that the arguments are not about cannabis. If you cannot see that from a simple reading I am not going to play personal tutor.

I'm not going to play your game. Read the text. I already told you that the arguments are not about cannabis. If you cannot see that from a simple reading I am not going to play personal tutor.

What are people referring to when they say snake oil then? PB's personal recipe? Cause I see him promoting Cannabis oil.

You're first post was derogatory.

"A new kind of doomsdayer, the guy with the stash of cannabis oil.... You would do well on their show on TV. Makes as much sense as the rest of them. It's interesting."

Haha. I suppose that is all in how you take it though. To me, Pb's posts are derogatory. They are disrepectful to people's intelligence here. Reminds me a lot of Harold Camping (or Camp?). That guy who predicted the end of the world several times. After each date would pass with no world destruction he would make a new prediction. All based on "calculations." Predicting world destruction based on your google education is preposterous. Then further extrapolating that the government is somehow covering up this coming doom is even more preposterous. Suggesting that all scientists are in cahoots to cover this up is craziness.

Does the sun present a risk for cancer? Yes. Is some great confluence of events going to take place whereby solar radiation will, 1. Break reactors and 2. Join forces with Fukashima radiation to create the perfect storm, thus ending the world, or at least biological life as we know it? Uhhh, that's about as likely as an asteroid hitting the earth. In other words, possible, but not AT ALL even remotely close to probable. In other words, if you are worried about the probability of that happening then I suggest you wear a crash helmet when driving, because the risk of death while driving is much greater.

It's fear mongering and is either the result of willful conduct on the part of Pea "Harold Camp" NUT, insanity, narcissistic stupidity, or some combination thereof.

google education /ˈgo͞ogəl ejəˈkāSHən/ Noun:

• The use of an internet search engine to receive instruction.

Note: Google education often denotes the use of an internet search engine as the primary and lone source of information. It also can point toward the parsing of information found, in an effort to choose only those sources that are favorable to your goal. This tends to lead to a biased research method whereby information is not thoroughly and equally treated in regard to its presentation. Oftentimes people, usually of the younger generations, mistakenly believe that the internet is an exhaustive resource and, therefore, the only necessary primary source for research.

How do you know it's so unlikely? I read about a theory just recently that extreme solar events have been responsible for widespread extinctions in the past.

Evidence for a Solar Cause of the Pleistocene Mass Extinction

Paul A. LaViolette

Radiocarbon, vol. 53, No. 2 (June 1, 2011): 303 - 323

Abstract

The hypothesis is presented that an abrupt rise in atmospheric radiocarbon concentration evident in the Cariaco Basin varve record at 12,837±10 cal yrs BP contemporaneous with the Rancholabrean termination, may have been produced by a super-sized solar proton event (SPE) having a fluence of ~1.3 X 1011 protons/cm2. A SPE of this magnitude would have been large enough to deliver a lethal radiation dose of at least 3 - 6 Sv to the Earth's surface, and hence could have been a principal cause of the final termination of the Pleistocene megafauna and several genera of smaller mammals and birds. The event time-correlates with a large magnitude acidity spike found at 1708.65 m in the GISP2 Greenland ice record, which is associated with high NO3- ion concentrations and a rapid rise in 10Be deposition rate, all of which are indicators of a sudden cosmic ray influx. The depletion of nitrate ion within this acidic ice layer suggests that the snowpack surface at that time was exposed to intense UV for a prolonged period which is consistent with a temporary destruction of the polar ozone layer by solar cosmic rays. The acidity event also coincides with a large magnitude, abrupt climatic excursion and is associated with elevated ammonium ion concentrations, an indicator of global fires.

How do you know it's so unlikely? I read about a theory just recently that extreme solar events have been responsible for widespread extinctions in the past.

Key word being "theory" there chief. The fact is there is no respected scientist out there that is claiming this predicted confluence of events that P "Camp" b has. So I'm left with thinking that either p "camp" b is the Stephen Hawking of solar events and their effects on the earth or that he is a sheer genius with his espoused theory (that he is presenting as fact rather than theory) of this mass destruction. Right? So anyone can throw out some hair-brained idea and tell us that all survivors of the coming apocalypse will likely have cancer and I cannot call that theory unlikely since, afterall, their is a POSSIBILTY that such could occur. It's also possible that science got it all wrong and that the sun will speed through it's star life cycle a billion times faster thus becoming a red giant and swallowing up the earth tomorrow. It's possible, right? In fact, I wouldn't be surpised is the gubbermint KNOWS the sun will become a red giant next year and is not telling us because it bought all of the stock in the sun. Imagine that, the gubbermint will be RICH beyond its wildest dreams once the sun grows exponentially!!!

Your logical reasoning would mean I don't know that a major ice age won't befall the earth next year either. Afterall, it has happened before, according to theory. So, what I have to go on, to say it is unlikely, is prevailing science. I believe that if anyone can predict a cataclysmic event it is likely world renowned scientists and not snake oil salesmen.

As for p camp b's claim that we shouldn't expect the gubbermint to tell us--I don't. Most renowned scientists are associated with large universities and not the gubbermint. I believe their competitive nature would make them race to research and print a journal article about such a forthcoming event. Since when do we rely on the gubbermint for research? The vast majority of research is conducted with support from private foundations and NOT the gubbermint. Hell, if the gubbermint put real effort towards funding medical research we may actually have a cure for AIDS by now.

Dr. Jonas Salk developed the polio vaccine with funding from a foundation which is now known as The March of Dimes. Speaking of Dr Salk, and the sun, what do you think he said when asked if there was a patent on his vaccine? He said something along the lines of,

"Well the people own the patent, I would say. There is no patent. Could you patent the sun?"

Now there is a man with true compassion. Contrast that with p "camp" b saying everyone will screw him if he releases the ingredients and methods to cook up his famous cure-all oil.

I understood his meaning as if there is a super solar event on a mass extinction level people will get fried and the ones who use Cannabis will have a better chance.

http://www.andaman.org/Background/Climate.jpg

If the pattern holds we will have another ice age at any time starting from tommorow to tens of thousands of years from now. Look at how sharp those Co2 maximums are in all the other inter-glacial periods i.e. look at how quickly it drops during the slide into an ice age. Now look at where we are at the highest peak. Unless the pattern breaks and it plateaus we should expect a precipitous drop in temperature in the not-too-distant future geologically speaking and possibly sociologically speaking.

I understood his meaning as if there is a super solar event on a mass extinction level people will get fried and the ones who use Cannabis will have a better chance.

http://www.andaman.o...und/Climate.jpg

If the pattern holds we will have another ice age at any time starting from tommorow to tens of thousands of years from now. Look at how sharp those Co2 maximums are in all the other inter-glacial periods i.e. look at how quickly it drops during the slide into an ice age. Now look at where we are at the highest peak. Unless the pattern breaks and it plateaus we should expect a precipitous drop in temperature in the not-too-distant future geologically speaking and possibly sociologically speaking.

You do that a lot--editorialize what you read. You read into things when the words just aren't there. Peanut specifically wrote that reactors will break as a result of a solar flare or combination of flares. Those are peanut's words. You can put whatever spin on it you want but if you read the thread straight through then you get the full force of what he is claiming. But go ahead and parse and editorialize. Makes for good starts to conspiracy theories. If I recall correctly you are a conspiracy theorist--9/11, etc.

You do that a lot--editorialize what you read. You read into things when the words just aren't there. Peanut specifically wrote that reactors will break as a result of a solar flare or combination of flares. Those are peanut's words. You can put whatever spin on it you want but if you read the thread straight through then you get the full force of what he is claiming. But go ahead and parse and editorialize. Makes for good starts to conspiracy theories. If I recall correctly you are a conspiracy theorist--9/11, etc.

I consider myself a free thinker. That term conspiracy theorist is so loaded it's pretty much useless except as a smear tactic.

Again how do you know reactors would not be at risk in a solar mega-event, possibly of a kind that strikes at each peak of the Pleistocene graph? Maybe that is the science. Maybe you make too many assumptions.

Massive Protests in Tokyo Today Sun July 29, 2012 As many as 200,000 attend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NPk_vL56hHc

more pics & videos:

http://enenews.com/r...s-photos-videos

more pics on a slide show

http://nipponnews.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Oi-Nuclear-Power-Plant-Protest-in-Tokyo/G0000paazdRA4bsU/I0000anzfQ2q3zhA

Edited by solabeirtan

Downplay then dodge the question? I think I've seen that MO before.

Downplaying the risks promotes damage to the population.

Couple of small comments from someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

First rule of Medicine according to Dr. Bob.... common things happen commonly.

Ok we get a batch of tourist that get gastro problems, on the same day. In the same location. While large numbers of other tourists at the same park, eating different foods, don't get sick.

Radiation would affect all equally. Food poisoning would be a local event. Symptoms of food poisoning??? Gastro problems in people in one area that ate the same food.

Radiation poisoning, very rare. Food poisoning, very common. Looking at the overall picture, I would say food poisoning with be the most probably cause, followed by a viral infection from a sick kid, followed by contaminated water.

Radiation poisoning? Until nearly EVERY other possibility had been ruled out, I would have been laughed out of morning report for even suggesting it. I have several good targets to investigate as the cause of the outbreak, if I was doing the public health investigation, and the absurd consideration of radiation poisoning would have been an expensive and dangerous distraction. It just doesn't fit.

Dr. Bob

You're first post was derogatory.

"A new kind of doomsdayer, the guy with the stash of cannabis oil.... You would do well on their show on TV. Makes as much sense as the rest of them. It's interesting."

Wait a second, I seem to recall you saying the same thing about me. Is this your standard response to those that you don't agree with? Your first post was derogatory, therefore you don't have any basis for saying anything.... is that the deal. We agree or we are derogatory? How about "your first post was skeptical and a bit harsh, but clearly you did your homework. I agree for this reason, or disagree for that reason.".

This entire business of radiation is overtalked, overthought, and given far more credibility by some here with little or no real basis in fact and is wasting our time. Since CL has repeated asked you to review the thread, I'll just do it for you.

PB - Radiation from Japan and Sunspots are going to kill everyone. Take PB oil and drink activated charcoal

Rest of us - Really, it is that bad? Where is your data, why charcoal?

PB - here is 12 pages of crap I found on the internet that talks about radiation, sunspots, and diarrhea. So there....

Rest of us - But none of that has to do with anything about sunspots and elevated baseline radiation turning us into the walking dead. Followed by discussion, point by point, of how no logical person could take that collection of random articles mentioning radiation and sunspots a/ causes anything like that and b/ has any relationship to any logicial cause/effect.

PB- Didn't you recruit for the State Police?

Hope that helps.

Dr. Bob

Don't even try to play that. You laid on the tin-foil hat stuff as much as you could in this thread. This isn't about dissecting the information that PB put in the thread, it's about ridicule. What did I say about you? It wouldn't make sense if I said what Resto said in that post, lol. You mean in a thread or a PM?

I consider myself a free thinker. That term conspiracy theorist is so loaded it's pretty much useless except as a smear tactic.

Again how do you know reactors would not be at risk in a solar mega-event, possibly of a kind that strikes at each peak of the Pleistocene graph? Maybe that is the science. Maybe you make too many assumptions.

Conspiracy theorist is a descriptive term. I'm not using it as a smear tactic so if it hurts your feelings that's on you.

I bet reactors would break if hit by an asteroid too. Maybe we should be talking about that possbility.

This isn't about what-ifs. Peanut has framed his entire discussion as an imminent threat of solar activity combined with reactors and/or Fukashima. This isn't about what could happen in 1000 years. You think you can step in and reframe his discussion to soften it a bit for him. Not happening. He's already made the outrageous claims. You trying to step in right now to explain what he means is nonsense. If he meant what you are saying he could have said that himself. Give me a break.

Line up people, get your gallon of peanut's oil. An asteroid may hit the earth and break some of them there nuclear reactors.

Are you familiar with what the term loaded means in this context? Conspiracy Theorist is a good example of it. There is too much bias associated with it, too much baggage.

What PB said was: "It has been confirmed. The solar activity impacts nuclear materials. The flares accelerate the rate of decay.

That means our reactors will likely break from a solar flare or the combined impact of several flares."

I think if anyone is reading into it it is you. I'm taking it at face value. He is saying our reactors will likely break. Well when? I dunno. He doesn't say. I might infer that he thinks something will happen at the solar maximum around 2013, but he's not actually saying that.