Hi Radiation In Michigan From Japan

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to lie to the community then I suppose you should expect the community to gang up.

This isn't about peanut's oil for me. True, I don't think he should be pushing something as a medicine without telling people what is in it first. But that is tangential to the thread here. He is here pushing his hair brained theory about impending doom and trying to sell it as fact. He is fear mongering, plain and simple. Look at his Disney example. He takes a group of people who got sick and tells us it was radiation poisoning because he thinks the gubbermint turned off radiation detectors based on what he has determined to be unusually plotted points on a graph. He makes things up. That is not acceptable.

I'm no radiation expert, and I don't think anyone else here is either. I appreciate the information the pb is providing here and I find it interesting. I don't have the skills or knowledge to properly assess the dangers to me and my family, but if I can stay inside while there is radiation passing over my area, I will. I'd never know if it were, and would never have an opportunity to make an evaluation on my own, if it weren't for this info.

Seems to me that certain folks here had a personal beef with pb way before the Fukishima disaster and that this is merely a continuation of that.

IMNSHO.

I'm no radiation expert, and I don't think anyone else here is either. I appreciate the information the pb is providing here and I find it interesting. I don't have the skills or knowledge to properly assess the dangers to me and my family, but if I can stay inside while there is radiation passing over my area, I will. I'd never know if it were, and would never have an opportunity to make an evaluation on my own, if it weren't for this info.

Seems to me that certain folks here had a personal beef with pb way before the Fukishima disaster and that this is merely a continuation of that.

IMNSHO.

Seems to me you didn't read why we said that the Disneyland thing wasn't what he says it is. Using only real ideas that we back up with facts. Read up first.

Seems to me you didn't read why we said that the Disneyland thing wasn't what he says it is. Using only real ideas that we back up with facts. Read up first.

Those nuke plants that blew up in Japan are not a figment of my imagination.

They have never stopped gushing out radioactive materials. THAT's not a figment either.

Another fact is that several people here collectively tried to cover the information by making a personal attack against me.

Why the attempted cover up at the MMMA?

Those nuke plants that blew up in Japan are not a figment of my imagination.

They have never stopped gushing out radioactive materials. THAT's not a figment either.

Another fact is that several people here collectively tried to cover the information by making a personal attack against me.

Why the attempted cover up at the MMMA?

This isn't about Fukashima. You like to do that---drag details of something else into the discussion to try and support your position. No one here needs to attack you as you make a big enough buffoon out of yourself BY yourself. The object here is to let people know that you are trying to spread fear for no good reason. To do that you try and back up your position with irrelevant nonsense that you invent. Address the Disney issue here. Why are you running around spreading mis-information?

To those acting as if this is an old beef with peanut, wake up. The fact that he continually pulls this crap is what makes a beef old with him it isn't about a personal attack it is about a buffoon who sits behind his computer fear mongering.

This is the same fool that advised everyone to get a marinol script without first realizing that driving while on marinol with make you suffer the same consequences as driving while on mm.

This is the same fool that makes the community look bad by offering to get high and then drive around a state senator to "prove" driving while high is safe.

This is the same fool that did a random google search and misread something but immediately posted on this forum that the feds had rescheduled marijuana.

I can go on and on. He has a history of misinformed nonsense. So is it personal? In the sense that he continually pulls these stunts, yes. That is no good for he community. And northern, if it took your reading of a thread that snatches data from different times and places and tries to develop causual links where there is no evidence of their existence, for you to realize that solar flares happen then I would suggest you are fairly well uninformed. My local news weatherman talks about solar flares on a regular basis when they are relevant. I would suggest to you that peanut's discussion of radiation is about as useful as saying you are glad the mayans predicted the end of the world in 2012 because it got you to thinking about how there is a possibility that the world could end SOMEHOW, SOMEDAY,

I don't think anyone here WANTS peanut's oil recipe. I think the point is that if you are hawking something as medicine then people have the right to know what they are using. Furthermore, I would suggest that anyone with half a brain knows that they could, for a few hundred dollars, send in a sample of the famous cure-all oil to a lab and get the EXACT ingredients after a lab analysis. Northern can attest to that.

So, if someone were profit driven me thinks they would front the few hundred to cash in on the billions that they would ultimately make off the oil that cures everything. What a joke,

Because of quantitative analysis. I would need to know what you put in it. My dog is allergic to many things. Just like a LOT of patients. It could kill him/them.

My first reaction was sadness for your dog.

I'll anoint any dog in pain.

I'll test the dog first. I'll present my hand with oil on it. If they back away, so be it. But many, in pain, eagerly lick at it.

They know ..

Edited by peanutbutter

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-07-29/grid-collapse-in-india-leaves-360-million-people-without-power

India’s worst power-grid failure in a decade exposed the urgency behind Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s bid to attract $400 billion in investment and ease an electricity deficit that is holding back economic growth.

Seven states that are home to more than 360 million people were plunged into darkness early yesterday as power networks collapsed, possibly after too many provinces simultaneously purchased electricity beyond their scheduled allowance, Power Grid Corp. (PWGR) of India Chairman R.N. Nayak told reporters. It took about 15 hours for 80 percent of services to be resumed.

The blackout “was a fairly large breakdown that exposed major technical faults in India’s grid system,” Subhranshu Patnaik, a Gurgaon-based senior director at Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India Pvt., said yesterday. “If this were a simple demand-supply problem, the grid operator would have intervened to strike a balance. Something went terribly wrong which caused the backup safety systems to fail.”

http://www.melodika.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=341678&Itemid=54 Monday, 30 July 2012 The latest statistics regarding international aviation accidents suggest that global airline operations continue to present many hazards to travellers. Fatal aviation accident statistics from 2011 show an increase in the overall number of plane crashes.

Here is another story proximate in time to this solar flare. I know it's a little early than the full force of the flare was expected to reach earth but the proximity in time leaves little doubt that the sun is shaping our earth.

http://celebrity-gossip.net/lindsay-lohan/lindsay-lohan-another-car-accident-700106

Good Lord! It shouldn’t come as any surprise that Lindsay Lohan has once again been involved in an automobile accident.

On Wednesday (July 25), the “Mean Girls” actress was driving her Porsche Panamera around Beverly Hills on a shopping spree when she collided with another vehicle.

During her drive down Sunset Boulevard, LiLo rear-ended a silver Mustang- and the worst part is that the other car wasn’t even moving!

One of the passengers in the Mustang told press, “We were sitting at the light and somebody hit us.” And that somebody just happened to be Tinseltown’s worst driver, aka Lindsay.

Thankfully, there weren’t any injuries and Lohan’s male passenger gave her info to the driver of the other car as they were being hounded by shutterbugs and had to keep moving.

It is worth noting for anybody who uses the internet as a research tool that search engines are programmed to predict the stuff you are interested in and show it first in the results. For example if you bounce around on a lot of MJ sites and you do a yahoo search on "Northern lights" odds are you will get MJ-related hits in the top five. But if instead you have a history of visiting websites dealing with all things celestial and never visit MJ sites, then maybe when you do that yahoo search on "northern lights" you get websites dealing with that weather phenomenom and no MJ sites will pop up. That is the problem with using the internet for research. The more you read about a topic, the more your search engines become biased in that direction.

Internet research can be fun and informative, but it isn't a substitute for published, peer-reviewed articles, which are necessary to complete the scientific process. Information gathered and subjected to a lesser review can only be used to support faith-based logic.

Edited by Highlander

It is worth noting for anybody who uses the internet as a research tool that search engines are programmed to predict the stuff you are interested in and show it first in the results. For example if you bounce around on a lot of MJ sites and you do a yahoo search on "Northern lights" odds are you will get MJ-related hits in the top five. But if instead you have a history of visiting websites dealing with all things celestial and never visit MJ sites, then maybe when you do that yahoo search on "northern lights" you get websites dealing with that weather phenomenom and no MJ sites will pop up. That is the problem with using the internet for research. The more you read about a topic, the more your search engines become biased in that direction.

Internet research can be fun and informative, but it isn't a substitute for published, peer-reviewed articles, which are necessary to complete the scientific process. Information gathered and subjected to a lesser review can only be used to support faith-based logic.

BTW Dr. Bob, I have totally adopted the term, "FBL." I use it frequently and try my best to credit you as the one who coined it.

"DOE the Department of Energy's wish list which is to sell to the public the following beliefs: - Hormesis: that a little radiation is good for you. If hormesis can not be sold to the public, the next best outcome would be evidence supporting a threshold dose of radiation below which no harm at all occurs. (This has become exceedingly common since Chernobyl.) - If neither of these can be sold to the public, the next best "product" is the claim that a dose of radiation is far less harmful if it is received slowly over time, than if the same dose is received all at once. (Since 1980, the false claim that radiation received over time is two to ten times less harmful than in a single dose is invoked to reduce the cancers to the atomic bomb by a factor of up to ten and is applied to predictions about the slow doses from Chernobyl.)" http://www.ratical.o...JohnGofman.html

"A deception of the crassest sort are the lectures by pro-nuclear people showing a plutonium or radium source and putting up a piece of paper and showing that the alpha-particle radiation on the other side is zero. "You see, a piece of paper will stop those alpha particles, folks, there's no problem with plutonium." Except when that alpha particle is lodged next to an endosteal cell in the bone and producing a horrendous amount of interaction. Or that alpha particle is lodging on the surface of the bronchi — that's why we've got an epidemic of lung cancer among the uranium miners! The fact that they don't travel far is because they interact like hell!" http://www.ratical.org/radiation/CNR/synapse.html#Part2

Edited by peanutbutter

"DOE the Department of Energy's wish list which is to sell to the public the following beliefs: - Hormesis: that a little radiation is good for you. If hormesis can not be sold to the public, the next best outcome would be evidence supporting a threshold dose of radiation below which no harm at all occurs. (This has become exceedingly common since Chernobyl.) - If neither of these can be sold to the public, the next best "product" is the claim that a dose of radiation is far less harmful if it is received slowly over time, than if the same dose is received all at once. (Since 1980, the false claim that radiation received over time is two to ten times less harmful than in a single dose is invoked to reduce the cancers to the atomic bomb by a factor of up to ten and is applied to predictions about the slow doses from Chernobyl.)" http://www.ratical.o...JohnGofman.html

"A deception of the crassest sort are the lectures by pro-nuclear people showing a plutonium or radium source and putting up a piece of paper and showing that the alpha-particle radiation on the other side is zero. "You see, a piece of paper will stop those alpha particles, folks, there's no problem with plutonium." Except when that alpha particle is lodged next to an endosteal cell in the bone and producing a horrendous amount of interaction. Or that alpha particle is lodging on the surface of the bronchi — that's why we've got an epidemic of lung cancer among the uranium miners! The fact that they don't travel far is because they interact like hell!" http://www.ratical.o...apse.html#Part2

What would be the motivation of the Department of Energy to have a 'wish list' like that?

Anyone look at those links? Selective datamining on a 'no nuke' forum. Looking at the articles, we see

• The continuation of the nuclear cycle depends, on effect, on the practice of human sacrifice. It depends on affluent whites deciding to risk the health and lives of people who are not affluent or white. This is what "acceptable risk" often means in practice.

1. <a href="http://www.ratical.org/radiation/NGP/HowSafeChngd.html">How "Safe" Has Changed Over Time
      Issue # 2, Spring 1993, p. 4.

• In the first five decades of the Nuclear Age, the international recommendations for acceptable levels of worker exposure to radiation have been revised downward from 30 Centisieverts/year Whole Body to 2.