Hi Radiation In Michigan From Japan

I did some research and I found this when I searched the internet about this subject. This is what I found:

Be very careful when warned about something by someone who sells a product that could benefit from what you are being warned about.

Don't Be Fooled By Health Fraud Scams

The science of public health was still in its infancy in the 19th and early 20th centuries when early incarnations of the modern Food and Drug Administration (FDA) tried to protect consumers from “snake oil salesmen” and other shifty characters who swindled the sick and gullible.

Back then the agency was known as the Division, and later the Bureau of Chemistry. Its agents pursued the traveling con men who sold tonics and elixirs—such as “miracle oil” supposedly made from snakes—with promises to cure whatever ails you. Labels did not list ingredients and unsuspecting buyers only found out through bitter experience that they were at best ineffective and at worse deadly.

FDA is still on the case—more than a century later.

The agency has created a new Internet resource to help consumers recognize and protect themselves from the 21st century versions of these bogus health products.

FDA’s Health Fraud Scams website (www.fda.gov/healthfraud6) pulls together videos and articles on how to avoid fraudulent schemes, and offers information about products that have been seized, recalled or are the subject of warnings from the agency.

The site also provides links to government resources on health fraud involving FDA-regulated products, such as drugs, dietary supplements, tobacco products, alternative medicines, medical devices, and cosmetics.

Gary Coody, R.Ph., national health fraud coordinator at FDA, calls the site “one-stop shopping” for people who want to learn how to recognize and avoid health fraud scams. Anyone can search the site to see if FDA has taken an action against a product or company. However, just because a product is not listed does not mean that it is legally marketed or safe to use.

"The snake oil salesman is still alive."

Equal Opportunity Fraud

Consumers spend a fortune on products that “are either worthless or may cause harm,” says Coody. “Consumers can buy very dangerous products on the Internet and in stores that can cause serious injury or death.”

The waste of money is bad enough but using one of these unproven treatments can delay getting a potentially life-saving diagnosis and medication that works, he says.

The schemes can take many forms. “Some products billed as “all natural” in fact have prescription drugs and other chemicals not listed on the label that could be dangerous,” Coody says. The most common categories of these tainted products include weight loss, sexual performance, and bodybuilding.

Other products claim to be a cure-all for such serious chronic diseases as cancer, arthritis, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease and multiple sclerosis. Seniors are particularly vulnerable to this kind of deception but consumers of all ages are taken in by fraudulent products, says Coody, adding, “Everyone is vulnerable.”

With every new health threat, phony products appear overnight, Coody says. For example, after the Japan nuclear incident in March, 2011, he says the market was flooded with products that falsely claimed to offer protection from harmful radiation.

“The snake oil salesman is still alive,” says Coody.

Back to FDA’s Roots

Rampant health fraud was a significant reason for the passage of the 1906 Food and Drugs Act, says FDA historian John P. Swann, Ph.D. “So-called ‘patent’ medicines, with their outrageous claims and unlabeled, often harmful ingredients had been a mainstay of the American medical landscape throughout the 19th century (and before),” he says.

“Examples abound, from alleged rapid cures for serious diseases like cancer, tuberculosis and syphilis, to remedies with harmful and dangerous ingredients, such as addiction cures that included the unlabeled ingredient that was the source of the addiction,” says Swann. “There were also soothing syrups for colicky and teething babes that included alcohol and opiates.”

The 1906 law prohibited the marketing of adulterated and misbranded drugs, and required labeling of a few ingredients, including alcohol, opium, morphine, heroin, and cocaine.

More than 30 years later, the 1938 Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act gave FDA (named the Food and Drug Administration in 1931) new power to regulate medical devices. The agency was then able to act against the “countless gadgets that could deflect the attention of consumers from seeking established therapies,” Swann says.

The Difference Today

Health fraud is more pervasive today, says Coody, because “the Internet has opened up the world market to people from their personal computers.” If you're tempted to purchase any unproven or little known treatment, especially if it’s sold on the Internet, check with your doctor or health care professional first, he advises.

But shady products are also peddled by TV infomercials, radio, direct mail, word-of-mouth marketing and ads in newspapers and magazines.

“There are many ways that consumers are getting these messages,” says Coody, and they should view these ads with a healthy dose of skepticism.”

This article appears on FDA's Consumer Updates page7, which features the latest on all FDA-regulated products.

November 9, 2011

http://www.fda.gov/f...s/ucm278980.htm

Excellent article rest!

Yea the snake oil sales men, I made some $$ off of a few bottles I dug up in the woods, one of em was a dr. Kilmars swamp root! it says it is a liver, kidney and bladder cure! I looked up dr. kilmar and he died of liver disease lol, I guess his cure didnt work well on him eh? lol!

I made a few bucks on the bottle made in the 1800's though, pretty neat lil bitters bottle!

They called them guys snake oil salesman, because they were scammers, ie snakes! lol, imagine a guy with a covered wagon, pulled by a horse, kinda like the ice cream man we had growing up, (w/o the horses of course) they were selling liquid morphine, cocaine, you name it. it was in that stuff, and heck yea it made ya feel good, It was liquid opoids, it took all the pain away, ya know back in the day when they removed a bullet or a tooth, the just gave you liquir to kill the pain, the snake oil sales men were the begining of the next best thing, "big pharmacuticals" they made ya not worry about the pain, you felt urphoric and didnt think about the pain!

as far as pb's oil, im sure it is awsome, so is the oil that I make! and a few other friends of mine make, we should probably stop posting in this thread like the defender of p.b suggested, if we dont give an audiance it will just disapear into the archives, until pb brings it back out again like he did this time!

Peace

Jim

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent article rest!

Yea the snake oil sales men, I made some $$ off of a few bottles I dug up in the woods, one of em was a dr. Kilmars swamp root! it says it is a liver, kidney and bladder cure! I looked up dr. kilmar and he died of liver disease lol, I guess his cure didnt work well on him eh? lol!

I made a few bucks on the bottle made in the 1800's though, pretty neat lil bitters bottle!

They called them guys snake oil salesman, because they were scammers, ie snakes! lol, imagine a guy with a covered wagon, pulled by a horse, kinda like the ice cream man we had growing up, (w/o the horses of course) they were selling liquid morphine, cocaine, you name it. it was in that stuff, and heck yea it made ya feel good, It was liquid opoids, it took all the pain away, ya know back in the day when they removed a bullet or a tooth, the just gave you liquir to kill the pain, the snake oil sales men were the begining of the next best thing, "big pharmacuticals" they made ya not worry about the pain, you felt urphoric and didnt think about the pain!

as far as pb's oil, im sure it is awsome, so is the oil that I make! and a few other friends of mine make, we should probably stop posting in this thread like the defender of p.b suggested, if we dont give an audiance it will just disapear into the archives, until pb brings it back out again like he did this time!

Peace

Jim

What does snake oil have to do with this?

I don't know, I'm not the MMMA.

But I will share something gained after 30 years in medicine. I am always suspicious of any cure named after the inventor.

Procardia (ooh it must help hypertension AND be good for the heart!)

Premarin (pregnant mare urine)

Lasix (lasts six hours)

All have their roots in their actions

Dr. Carters Liver Pills- Now what the heck is in that? How does it work, why did he feel the need to keep the action a secret and name it after himself? Did he have liver disease and cure himself?

Dr. Bob

What does snake oil have to do with this?

That whistling sound you hear PB is not radiation from Japan or Sunspots.... It is the meaning of that post passing over your head.

Well again, you guys have fun, I don't want to seem as thought I am picking on you or being mean spirited. I was only here because the threads I'm actually interested in don't have new posts.

Dr. Bob

Whether he is right or wrong, PB's heart is in the right place, and arguing on the merits of him as a person are going to go nowhere... argue the merits of his points.

As far as oil goes, there's really no debate that this can be incredibly effective for killing cancers... there's not just anecdotal evidence, but a lot in the literature. The real question is which cancers different cannabinoids kill.

Not an issue of him as a person, but there is a huge issue with reckless endangerment of patients with bad advice. If he wants to dwell on sunspots, more power to him. He predicts deaths on an enormous scale, I predict northern lights. Time will tell.

As for arguing his points, that has been tried, and shall we say it was apparent it is an exercise in frustration. There is no reasoning with him, so folks are becoming amused.

Dr. Bob

Not an issue of him as a person, but there is a huge issue with reckless endangerment of patients with bad advice. If he wants to dwell on sunspots, more power to him. He predicts deaths on an enormous scale, I predict northern lights. Time will tell.

As for arguing his points, that has been tried, and shall we say it was apparent it is an exercise in frustration. There is no reasoning with him, so folks are becoming amused.

Dr. Bob

Wasn't your first post in this thread about 12-21-12 and zombies; tin-foil hat kind of stuff? That's nothing but ridicule.

Wasn't your first post in this thread about 12-21-12 and zombies; tin-foil hat kind of stuff? That's nothing but ridicule.

Someone is predicting mass destruction and armageddon within days or weeks. Apparently he is the only person privy to this large scale disaster to come. That, or the gubbermint is quelling the voice of the real scientists.

Really?

And people are ridiculing.....go figure!

:rolleyes:

It's reckless and it's fear mongering. I don't care what "place" his heart is in---that doesn't give him license to scare those with a lesser constitution.

Someone is predicting mass destruction and armageddon within days or weeks. Apparently he is the only person privy to this large scale disaster to come. That, or the gubbermint is quelling the voice of the real scientists.

Really?

And people are ridiculing.....go figure!

:rolleyes:

It's reckless and it's fear mongering. I don't care what "place" his heart is in---that doesn't give him license to scare those with a lesser constitution.

PB asked it already, where did he say days or weeks? I think that was you that said that - over and over. If I'm wrong I'll apologize for saying it.

PB asked it already, where did he say days or weeks? I think that was you that said that - over and over. If I'm wrong I'll apologize for saying it.

You are wrong. He said it then edited the post later. If you read the last few pages I cited the exact post number where he said that. In fact I think I quoted his claim in my post so it is preserved.

Post #76

Check out #81 too though. He says, "Assuming anyone survives, those will likely ALL have cancer."

So, if you survive this future sun blast that is coming next year then you will LIKELY have cancer. What does that mean? If you don't stock up on peanutbutter famous oil now then you're going to die.

Be the first on your block to have a storehouse of pb oil in your sunproof bunker! Be sure to line your bunker with lead or all that oil will go to waste!!!!

What was written in #76 before the final edit?

My god man, I'm not going to bring you up to speed. Read the thread. I don't work for Reaer's Digest.

The original post made a conclusive claim that some cataclysmic event will occur within days. He has since backpedaled.

Be sure to pay close attention to the conclusive claims that armageddon will occur in a year or so. Pay attention to the claim that after this life-altering event in 2013 that all survivors will "most likely" have cancer. Pay attention to pb wondering why, and flabbergasted, that doctors aren't recommending that their patients "eat activated charcoal."

That's not fear mongering? It's all okay with you? Maybe. But, NOT with me.

p.s. Keep in mind that the only thing that can save you from this is pb's famous recipe!

It has been confirmed. The solar activity impacts nuclear materials. The flares accelerate the rate of decay.

That means our reactors will likely break from a solar flare or the combined impact of several flares.

In addition, existing radioactive fall out should emit things like I-131 .. half life of eight days.

Charcoal caps are available over the counter in many drug stores. If you use them, make sure to include water to avoid constipation.

The charcoal I bought has a lot of Iodine in it.

Now if you won't tell me what it said before he edited it (within a minute) then that's all I have to go on. Anyway, even if he did post something about a few days or weeks then he must have thought better of it because he changed it immediately.

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

Now if you won't tell me what it said before he edited it (withing a minute) then that's all I have to go on. Anyway, even if he did post something about a few days or weeks then he must have thought better of it because he changed it immediately.

Yeah it's all good then. All of the other stuff he said is okey dokie with you. That's fine. I say it's a real D!ck move to scare people into thinking they'll either be dead or have cancer after a 2013 cataclysm.

Not to mention telling people that they should all be ingesting activated charcoal if they want to survive. ( Once again, Peanutbutter, MD, practicing medicine. Is there nothing that prodigy cannot do....?)

Yeah it's all good then. All of the other stuff he said is okey dokie with you. That's fine. I say it's a real D!ck move to scare people into thinking they'll either be dead or have cancer after a 2013 cataclysm.

Not to mention telling people that they should all be ingesting activated charcoal if they want to survive. ( Once again, Peanutbutter, MD, practicing medicine. Is there nothing that prodigy cannot do....?)

You don't have a simple answer for what he wrote in the post before editing?

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

You don't have a simple answer for what he wrote in the post before editing?

Read the thread and stop expecting to be spoonfed. I already said that he made a conclusive statement that reactors will break after an event that will take place within a few days.

It doesn't matter anyway. His posts are chock full of these conclusive remarks. Read the thread.

I have read it and I didn't find what you are referring to. In fact I kind of feel like I was sent on a wild goose chase. Thanks for wasting my time.

Just be sure to stock up on pb's oil.

Oh, and eat some activated charcoal. It's the little things you engage in that will help save your life after this event.

Me, I'm doomed because I plan on laying out in the sun tomorrow. It should be a rough few days because I suffer from migraines.

Leading indicators ..

Thyroid cysts found in 35% of Fukushima children examined with an average age of 10.

In contrast to Chernobyl

Prevalence of thyroid cysts in Chernobyl children under the age of 18 was 0.5%

Source: http://fukushimavoic...-currently.html

Subject description ----------------------- History of accidental radiation exposure ----------------------- Prevalence of thyroid cysts

Fukushima children ages 0-18 (average age 10) -------------------------- Yes ------------------------------- 35 %

Nagasaki children ages 7-14 --------------------------------------------------- No -------------------------------- 0.8 %

American children age 10 ------------------------------------------------------- No -------------------------------- 0.5-1 %

Chernobyl children under age 18 --------------------------------------------- Yes -------------------------------- 0.5 %

This is still early. AND they still have not covered the reactors in Japan. They are STILL pumping out contamination.

we are down wind.

Please don't laugh away the health of our children.

The reason I include solar activity in this thread is because the solar events elevate the radioactivity of the fallout that is already here.

The charcoal that I eat, every day now, has a lot of Iodine in it. I eat 2 250mg caps per day. These are traces we are exposed to now.

That's about thyroid and things like I-131.

Another kind of material ejected by the reactors in Japan are things like radioactive Cesium. That heads to the heart mussel and urinary system.

It is in our food chain in traces also. Causes unexpected cardiac events and bladder cancer. It is drawn to charcoal, attaches to it and then gets crapped out.

Oh yes .. these things cause neurological damage also.

Ahh .. These folks say people will be healthier after the accident if they were exposed: http://enenews.com/m...rgument-allowed "No argument allowed."

Official efforts are fully underway to downplay the impact. At what cost? No one is getting prepared. That's the cost of the downplay.

Is everyone content to wait until the government tells us it's time to take action?

Edited by peanutbutter

Disney world had a batch of sickness hit visitors around 6/12.

A nuke plant nearby had released some material. The EPA shut off the recording station in Jacksonville.

See the flat spot on the graph? http://blog.alexande...ring-Graph.aspx

Instead of warning the public to avoid outdoor exposure, they just turned off the detectors.

Here is what happened in Disney World: http://www.dailymail...sney-World.html

Dozens of tourists who shelled out hundreds of dollars for an exclusive African safari at Walt Disney World were sickened with a debilitating stomach virus that left them vomiting for days.

Health officials in Orlando, Florida, are working to track down the source of the mysterious bug, but they have not been able to determine what has made so many people ill.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz220gne52q

Edited by peanutbutter