Medical Marijuana Backers Protest Proposed Michigan Legislation

I just went and looked annie and the Clare compassion club wasnt even brought up until page 10 or 11 by mayorherb and it was just saying you went down and talked to legislators etc. I don't see any marginilization there.

Then the only other thing that had to do with clare was NEO calling all compassion clubs crapola.

I think maybe you have the wrong thread in mind here?

The issue mainly was that a poster was improperly labelled as Joe. Some back and forth and then an apology for improperly calling someone Joe.

I think you must be thinking of a different thread that was marginalizing your compassion club. Unless of course you are referring to NEO who posted at like page 12 or something.

My first post wa slike page 7 stating there was only one good post int he whole thread. Then you and myself discussed Rick jones being a diick. :-) I kinda liked that part of the thread. :-D

I also went back and looked and all those degrading words about if damage control is needed by the ppl who stormed the offices is actually gone.. Washtenaut can you confirm? Anyone? because if they are going to disappear and then turned on me to make it look like i am a crazy cainitte then why in the hell shoud i even spend one more second on this page? I am waiting to hear from someone if there are posts missing in the begining pages.. NO ONE REMEMBERS?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEO, MOCC and MACC have nothing to do with CPU. Nada...

In the original group of CPU there were a couple MACC members, before they were MACC. We split up from those parties in the Fall of 2010.

MOCC is not and have never been interested in CPU. There are no MOCC members or board members in CPU. CPU has nothing to do with dispensaries, and never has.

Until you show your face and join the hard work, I am not really interested in your perspective.

i can say that Hayduke has always supported us from the start and has helped us when we first got raided we had no meds at all or money Leo took all of are money we had nothing back then we are doing better now but back then it was very hard to get help from any one because people were so scared to even go to any kind of meetings (compassion clubs) and the Birmingham compassion club

i was one of 3 people that helped start the MOCC back then we were the OCCC ( Oakland County compassion club) and they have never even had a fundraiser to help with are Lawyers

In any large group brought together by one thing only, we need to expect diversity. Some of us will lead the charge from the front and some will not stick their necks out, and stay in the rear, but still tell others how to act, but we still have only one thing to bind us. All the true leaders that come to mind led from the front, but whatever, we probably don't have another General Sherman here, but we may have a few General Custers lol. . And the truth is no one can control anything but themselves in the long run. As far as I can see we are not subject to being told how to think or act, but apparently posting is another story. I think moderators need to be moderate, and not try to control every conversation when there are differing opinions. I really don't see right and wrong in most of this, were talking, nothing more. If someone supports differing ways to go forward, we can and should express our opinions without trying to control the conversation or flow of it. Moderators jumping in a conversation every other post to threaten posters gets old IMHO......shredder

In any large group brought together by one thing only, we need to expect diversity. Some of us will lead the charge from the front and some will not stick their necks out, and stay in the rear, but still tell others how to act, but we still have only one thing to bind us. All the true leaders that come to mind led from the front, but whatever, we probably don't have another General Sherman here, but we may have a few General Custers lol. . And the truth is no one can control anything but themselves in the long run. As far as I can see we are not subject to being told how to think or act, but apparently posting is another story. I think moderators need to be moderate, and not try to control every conversation when there are differing opinions. I really don't see right and wrong in most of this, were talking, nothing more. If someone supports differing ways to go forward, we can and should express our opinions without trying to control the conversation or flow of it. Moderators jumping in a conversation every other post to threaten posters gets old IMHO......shredder

true it is a fine line am glad am not much of a poster here some times i just can't post the way we feel about all the stress that has came are way after are raid

true it is a fine line am glad am not much of a poster here some times i just can't post the way we feel about all the stress that has came are way after are raid

I'm sure it's not very helpfull to hear all the Monday morning quarterbacks tell you after your raid how you should have acted. I see that all the time, and then the infighting starts anew. We need to presume innocence just like the laws are supposed to do, rather than pick at each other like chickens......BTW Bob, I think we all see you as an unfortunate case of over reaching by law enforcement, and I personally admire your resolve after all you have been through. You have all my respect sir. Same for Annie and others, especially those family's torn apart by law enforcement over a plant........shredder

Ok thank you washtenaut.. The Defaming comments about my club were actually in a thread that got locked.. And then we switched right over to this thread and i became confused about which thread the defaming comments were in.. the tone continued over here.. but the defaming comments about ctriplec are on that thread. and they are vague and cloaked in intellectual blah blah blah..

"Could you please explain the difference between that buisness model and farmers markets? thanks in advance for your time.. "

CA, as mentioned already, used the "locker system" in which the available extra medicine of patients and caregivers are stored in lockers. When the licensed purchaser chooses the medicine, another licensed person, who is in custody of the medicine, but who does not own it, facilitates the transfer for a percentage of the transaction. The Farmer's market is based on direct distribution from the caregiver to patients in need.

What is similar to the Farmer's markets and the more typical, what many refer to as, dispensary model, as well as the locker system, is that they all represent the concept of providing commercial space for patients and caregivers to participate in the MMMP.

All of the models or organizational systems are based on the same or very similar interpretation of law, but are carried out differently. When getting started, my organization decided not to go the way of the Farmer's market due to the potential lack of control, and chose not to go with the locker system so as not to have the potential of accumulating large amounts of medicine at the location, or put the clerk at risk for possibly being considered to be in possession of too much medicine because of the access to all of the lockers.

The question is not really about businesses perse, it is about whether or not certain activity is legal for patients and caregivers to participate in, under the Act, then whether or not that legal activity can take place in a commercial space.

I think Shredder does make some really good points.

I'm sure it sucks to try to moderate or be an administrator but personal feelings need to be left out when dealing with these threads. The angry posts continued and a heck of a lot of pages of useless stuff was said because of that. Somethings that are known to cause big trouble should be nipped in the bud before it goes that far. When people attack others, start name calling, belittling others, that is a time to put an immediate stop to it and not just let it keep going. Attack the idea not the person. That does not mean that debate won't happen, that we won't disagree, that some will take sides with others, but it does mean that we need to show some respect and act like your talking to that person face to face while your looking them in the eye before you open your mouth or type out that sentence. If your feeling angry enough to be rude or disrespectful it's time to take a break and come back to it later. I am sure there are more then a few of us who wish we did just that before we hit that post tab.

There are a few here that have differences with each other personally and do we really need to watch, read, to "listen" to that through out a lot of these posts? We all tend to go off the subject of the threads but usually it is out of humor or just a bit of talking then it goes back on track, that is normal no matter what forum you go to. Maybe we ought to have a b*tch post section for those who want to battle it out have a place to go then we can sit back and watch if we want to. ;) Leave the other threads open for discussion in an adult manner without the constant bickering of a few.

"Could you please explain the difference between that buisness model and farmers markets? thanks in advance for your time.. "

CA, as mentioned already, used the "locker system" in which the available extra medicine of patients and caregivers are stored in lockers. When the licensed purchaser chooses the medicine, another licensed person, who is in custody of the medicine, but who does not own it, facilitates the transfer for a percentage of the transaction. The Farmer's market is based on direct distribution from the caregiver to patients in need.

What is similar to the Farmer's markets and the more typical, what many refer to as, dispensary model, as well as the locker system, is that they all represent the concept of providing commercial space for patients and caregivers to participate in the MMMP.

All of the models or organizational systems are based on the same or very similar interpretation of law, but are carried out differently. When getting started, my organization decided not to go the way of the Farmer's market due to the potential lack of control, and chose not to go with the locker system so as not to have the potential of accumulating large amounts of medicine at the location, or put the clerk at risk for possibly being considered to be in possession of too much medicine because of the access to all of the lockers.

The question is not really about businesses perse, it is about whether or not certain activity is legal for patients and caregivers to participate in, under the Act, then whether or not that legal activity can take place in a commercial space.

Thanks..

Jamie couple of questions. The bill you worked on did you notice the lack of the wording of Michigan before caregiver and patient? I was going to put this is the other thread but since you are talking about it here I hope you don't mind me asking. The part that allows the dispensaries to buy it doesn't state it has to be a registered Michigan patient or caregiver they buy from. It also has in the original language that dispensaries can buy from visiting registered users. Is this an oversight and/or will it be amended?

I am also wondering how it wasn't plausible to add a Farmers market model into the language? The main thing I understand is not being able to test it, from Callton's office, but is there other reasons it could not be included? I've checked and it could be worked into a FM to have the meds tested. Other things could easily be handled just like they would do in a store or other place of business certain rules would have to be followed. What are the reasons besides the testing that would hold Callton back from accepting it.

Where you able to talk to Callton yet after last weeks show? Or Chad have you been able to?

Why don't you have the guys that run farmers markets ask Calton? Also I would assume it doesn't say Michigan as far as supply because it is a given that you cannot transport Marijuana (medical or not) across state lines without drawing the ire of the feds.

I will be talking to him sometime this week specifically about HB 4681.

Senate Bill now makes it easier for a Medical Cannabis Patient to be evicted

Public Act Number 0140 of 2012

Housing; landlord and tenants; provision relating to the termination of lease for certain controlled substance offenders; modify. Amends sec. 34 of 1846 RS 66 (MCL 554.134). TIE BAR WITH: SB 0064'11

Why don't you have the guys that run farmers markets ask Calton? Also I would assume it doesn't say Michigan as far as supply because it is a given that you cannot transport Marijuana (medical or not) across state lines without drawing the ire of the feds.

I've talked to their office a few times but I feel like we have two people who are doing that already and they know him better then most of us do. I can call their office just as you or anyone can but I think at this point those who have been "working" with him might serve the community better. IF they aren't able to get some of the answers then I will gladly call them myself but it isn't necessary since Chad & Jamie have direct contact with him now.

Even using MM is against Federal law but not our state law. It is written in the bill that dispensaries can buy from visiting registered users, out of state, so unless they were to change that and that bill were to pass what do you believe would be allowed by our state gov't.

Senate Bill now makes it easier for a Medical Cannabis Patient to be evicted

Public Act Number 0140 of 2012

Housing; landlord and tenants; provision relating to the termination of lease for certain controlled substance offenders; modify. Amends sec. 34 of 1846 RS 66 (MCL 554.134). TIE BAR WITH: SB 0064'11

That bill sucks