Medical Marijuana Backers Protest Proposed Michigan Legislation

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the problem. This is a patient advocacy group. Coming on here and making posts that suggest people should be collectively acting in a way that is dangerous, at the margins of the act, or just plain illegal is not a way to protect patients. If we care about patients then we should care about their tribulations after they're charged for engaging in the risky behavior suggested by some posters here.

If you have a radical opinion, fine. But don't post it as if your opinion is fact. That misleads people who are not "in the know" and do not appreciate the dangers associated with that opinion. Is that good for patients? No. Post your comment with a clear qualification that you may not know what the heck you are talking about.

Again I find myself using the pb/marinol issue to illustrate the point. Pb comes up with some fancy, new-fangled idea about how to avoid prosecution for any presence of thc. He figured, well marinol is legal, it's thc, therefore if I have a script for marinol they won't know whether the thc came from my marinol or from marijuana. Ergo I cannot be convicted. So he posts his idea and touts it as the best thing since sliced bread.

Problem? Yes. Turns out that a lab test can differentiate between marinol's synthetic thc and naturally derived thc form marijuana. Problem number 2, it's also illegal to drive with synthetic thc in your system. But did he bother to do the research before strenuously pushing his new agenda/idea? No. In fact he continued to push it even after it was brought to his attention that he was wrong.

Solution--think you have a new and great idea? State it with the qualification that you could be wrong. That maybe more research need be done before you insist everyone do it. Qualify your post. Why? Because while the regulars here may not solely rely on pb's assertions that it's the next best thing, there are people who pass through here that may take the post as being correct. Smart thing to do? Probably not. Do they deserve to go to jail for taking advice from the forum? Absolutely not!

So my opinion is that you can post away with the most radical ideas out there but don't do things that can put others in harm. Put an explicit and clear disclaimer in your post. Or, take the other route. Just say people who take forum advice are retards and deserve what they get. Is that compassionate?

"there were posters in older threads that specifically asked to be invited or come to CPU meetings and participate or have input and they were told no one can go unless they are a dues paying member

that smacks of covert agenda but excuse me because I personally would have liked to attend one of their private meetings but at this juncture no thanks---"

I want to sit on the bench at a professional sport event, But I cannot, you can if you pay a fee though.

I want to go into a eagles club and play pool but I cannot, unless I pay a fee to do so..

They have these rues in place because they can, they may want to feel you out to see if your a crazy or just don't have the same feelings toward things that you may. MMMA is free, so all sorts of people post here weeding through the opinions, that will keep all members safe is a good thing for the forum. I'm sure you wouldn't want the mmma to become a paid site just so there would be no arguments or differences in opinions..

why does it seem everytime a milestone occurs this forum turns into a soap opera. Is it a smokescreen to make sure the bills do get passed? Imo the court and press has given us the ability to tell the reps exactly what we want them to do. We dont need to be nice anymore. How about we tell them to scrap all the bills for good and move on.

can someone pm me a link to joes new site

why does it seem everytime a milestone occurs this forum turns into a soap opera. Is it a smokescreen to make sure the bills do get passed? Imo the court and press has given us the ability to tell the reps exactly what we want them to do. We dont need to be nice anymore. How about we tell them to scrap all the bills for good and move on.

can someone pm me a link to joes new site

Good idea. Don't be nice. Be rude. Tell them to scrap the bills. That'll work.

I'd like to hear your reasoning on how the sup ct decision can be argued as a reason for them not to pass their bills. Those decisions have little to do with the content of the bills. So how is it you propose someone explain to their rep or senator that the decision is a reason to scrap the bills?

Good idea. Don't be nice. Be rude. Tell them to scrap the bills. That'll work.

I'd like to hear your reasoning on how the sup ct decision can be argued as a reason for them not to pass their bills. Those decisions have little to do with the content of the bills. So how is it you propose someone explain to their rep or senator that the decision is a reason to scrap the bills?

Here is the problem. This is a patient advocacy group. Coming on here and making posts that suggest people should be collectively acting in a way that is dangerous, at the margins of the act, or just plain illegal is not a way to protect patients. If we care about patients then we should care about their tribulations after they're charged for engaging in the risky behavior suggested by some posters here.

If you have a radical opinion, fine. But don't post it as if your opinion is fact. That misleads people who are not "in the know" and do not appreciate the dangers associated with that opinion. Is that good for patients? No. Post your comment with a clear qualification that you may not know what the heck you are talking about.

Again I find myself using the pb/marinol issue to illustrate the point. Pb comes up with some fancy, new-fangled idea about how to avoid prosecution for any presence of thc. He figured, well marinol is legal, it's thc, therefore if I have a script for marinol they won't know whether the thc came from my marinol or from marijuana. Ergo I cannot be convicted. So he posts his idea and touts it as the best thing since sliced bread.

Problem? Yes. Turns out that a lab test can differentiate between marinol's synthetic thc and naturally derived thc form marijuana. Problem number 2, it's also illegal to drive with synthetic thc in your system. But did he bother to do the research before strenuously pushing his new agenda/idea? No. In fact he continued to push it even after it was brought to his attention that he was wrong.

Solution--think you have a new and great idea? State it with the qualification that you could be wrong. That maybe more research need be done before you insist everyone do it. Qualify your post. Why? Because while the regulars here may not solely rely on pb's assertions that it's the next best thing, there are people who pass through here that may take the post as being correct. Smart thing to do? Probably not. Do they deserve to go to jail for taking advice from the forum? Absolutely not!

So my opinion is that you can post away with the most radical ideas out there but don't do things that can put others in harm. Put an explicit and clear disclaimer in your post. Or, take the other route. Just say people who take forum advice are retards and deserve what they get. Is that compassionate?

Well said, and you failed to mention an actual physician came on and said the practice was questionably legal and may have doctors facing board action and/or criminal prosecution for the inappropriate prescribing of a controlled substance. Yet it continued.

Dr. Bob

You mean like these comments?

Chris LaMere

I am so happy to hear that there will be better regulations for Medical Marijuana. The "clinics" that cropped up after the law was passed, pay $200. to $350 at one of these clinics, and you will have a "covered" illness. It makes me sick.

I also think it is a Wonderful idea to have a Panel to look into requests for new illnesses to be covered. Why would there be an Objection to that?

These people that just want it legal are Nuts. I keep hearing "it's better than alcohol" or you will have to be 21 or older to grow it, What a Laugh, do they Really think that a 21 year old wouldn't be selling to younger Children? How Could it be regulated if anyone can grow it at home? At least alcohol it can only be purchased in bars or party stores with an I.D. With fines for Knowingly selling to minors.

I do Not want my Teenager ( or younger ) sitting in class like a zombie, or at Home or work.

It has been said that "the ones that don't use it now won't use it if it's legal", really are these people that naive? A lot of Children don't use Because it Is illegal, Expensive and not as readily available as it would be if Anyone could grow it.

I say Thank You for Finally waking up to the abuse that already exists and making the effort to Regulate the growing and Use of Medical Marijuana.

Reply · 1 · Like · Follow Post · 2 hours ago

• 195551_100002529608654_2403653_q.jpg

Jack White

Right, because it is so much better to have our tax dollars going towards incarceration of marijuana users than to something else, like education or healthcare. Oh, and I'm one of the ones that don't use it and will not use it even if it is legal.

A little bit of parenting can go a long way towards keeping your children from turning into a zombie, unless of course you would rather have big brother raising your children.

Reply · 4 · Like · about an hour ago

[*]

371539_100003227236140_1509998127_q.jpg

Jake Mountain · Top Commenter

Chris, it's telling that comments like yours would have, in the past, drawn dozens of pro-dope comments from the usual pack of dopeheads who wanted a dope den within walking distance of their rental homes... or at least on a bus line.

Why? Because the dope heads are so wasted, so often, so routinely that they can't hold jobs, can't afford stable housing and want YOU and other taxpayers to pay for their "right" to be lazy, indolent, dope head slackers.

When the dope dens started, public school administrators in urban areas saw a marked uptick in lower cost dope being sold to their students. Students who normally wouldn't get near the crap were now carrying their own stash, more students were selling, the increased dope smell coming from bathrooms, loading docks, parking lots was noted by the school officials who BEGGED lawmakers to change the law and get rid of the neighborhood dope dens.

There's still more work to do... but this is a good first step in managing medical dope access that was always intended by the dopeheads to be a backdoor to legalizing dope for all.

Reply · 1 · Like · about an hour ago

Let's look at the takehome message again.....

There's still more work to do... but this is a good first step in managing medical dope access that was always intended by the dopeheads to be a backdoor to legalizing dope for all.

Clearly not the only comment, but look at the theme. These things need to be organized, have a concise, focused message, the signs need to be managed to keep them on topic, and folks need to go knowing what they are there to do.

Was this the type of statement you wanted form the public in response to the rally? How many senators are thinking the same thing?

Next time listen to good advice.

These are pretty vile comments Alchohal is legal to manafacture in ones home when it is beer or wine in limited amounts so that was something mispoken in anger . Recommendations are just that since their is no research on dosing or tretment regimens accepted in medical journals any longer having been removed decades ago and the going rate appears to be $100 or less currently . No matter how professional one is and how well messages are targeted people will react to something they have always been educated to believe was dangerous , immoral behavior absent true medical need or knowledge of untolerable never ending suffering . If that isn't enough for patients to struggle with we all have our health issues and often need for support we often find witheld by for profit medicine . Pretty much there isn't very much uplifting to offer patients involved in medical cannabis which is the very least they deserve . Patients deserve hope and some uplifting messages .

Edited by Croppled1

These are pretty vile comments Alchohal is legal to manafacture in ones home when it is beer or wine in limited amounts so that was something mispoken in anger . Recommendations are just that since their is no research on dosing or tretment regimens accepted in medical journals any longer having been removed decades ago and the going rate appears to be $100 or less currently . No matter how professional one is and how well messages are targeted people will react to something they have always been educated to believe was dangerous , immoral behavior absent true medical need or knowledge of untolerable never ending suffering . If that isn't enough for patients to struggle with we all have our health issues and often need for support we often find witheld by for profit medicine . Pretty much there isn't very much uplifting to offer patients involved in medical cannabis which is the very least they deserve . Patients deserve hope and some uplifting messages .

Once again, right over your head. Your comments about how the posters are wrong misses the point. Guess that is what happens when you pop in with your own thoughts without bothering to see what the conversation was about.

Of course the comments are vile. What was the context of the post? The context of the post was based on all the 'free the weed', don't change anything, always vote not guilty on any marijuana case chatter in this community, the general public was getting behind the efforts of the legislature to regulate us back to the intent of the law as THEY see it. Others commented on how these particular posters are the radical anti's of the media. Who cares, it is a printed opinion and they are striking a chord.

Please, go back and actually read the discussion that prompted that posting before just seizing on the reader comments and trying to refute them.

Dr. Bob

Medical Marijuana Backers Protest Proposed Legistlation is the topic of this thread.. at first it was looked at as really bad.. then some said awesome and it seems the community still may be mixed on if they do or if they dont.. If i recall from the unity letter we all protested the proposed legistlation..

Yes, and the comments from the LSJ that were posted were directly related to the protest. As was my analysis of the comments as a reponse to the message we as a community are sending to the general public. Recall that the photo of the rally was a legalization sign and the 'organizer' of the rally was commenting on dispensaries. The general public responded to these with the comments noted. I was not posting the comments so they could be debated or disproven, simply to show what was being said. The world is theater and this is what the audience is saying about the play- the protest and the bills.

Dr. Bob

People invited to a CPU meeting are a mmj stakeholder with info to present to our members, or an attorney thinking about joining after doing some work for a case our lawyers are involved in.

It is not a sporting event situation where bystanders get to hang. lol... funny analogy actually...

Sorry bout that... but the basis of our membership is (among things) paying dues and participating when the member sees fit.

You can see our testimony on March 1, 2012 before the House Judiciary. You can read our position papers that have been posted on the States site. I spoke at New Detroit CC yesterday, that was an open meeting with very candid answers. I have spoken publically at Brighton CC on two occasions in the last year. I have spoken at the Waterford CC a while back too.

Most of our members are willing to answer private emails as well.

Annnie, NEO says you don't know him. Are you sure you know who this person is?

Maybe maybe not.. either way.. we cant just call everyone on here who has a different opinion Joe Cain or a Cainite. Obviously Neo is an interesting person with alot of opinions and some interesting views on his msg.

Maybe maybe not.. either way.. we cant just call everyone on here who has a different opinion Joe Cain or a Cainite. Obviously Neo is an interesting person with alot of opinions and some interesting views on his msg.

So is Paul Toco

Glad to know you consider lies, defamation and slanderish comments to be "interesting".

Says alot about you considering i know you know the truth Annie. Disappointing.

Yea. No doggie pile on the Annine. I am just disappointed.

I know you know better than that Annie. We have been online friends for along time. We have discussed compassion clubs and the concerns we have had regarding the choices of some of those clubs to become compassion centers and start facillitating transfers through their "clubs". You have asked me about your concern with your own club with whom people in it were starting to push further than you were comfortable with at the time.

I know you know CPU is not any of that nonsense that was being posted. You have watched and read me and my statements for a long time now about CPU. You know we do not have anything to do with dispensaries. You know we have never submitted a bill as CPU to be presented in the legislature. We have only fought to stop such intrusions into the law and stop as much damage a spossible. We have fought int he courts extesnively and many many many of the good results and arguments throughout the state are coming from Attorneys who are members of CPU. We walk the walk.

I know you know this and much more Annie. You are a good person. But ever since your bust, you have become increasingly more vitriolic and it concerns me. I have been there. multiple times. I know how it feels and what you are going through. It can turn a fluffy bunny into a pissed off hornet. I hope your decision is favourable for you and your family. I want nothing more than innocence proven on your behalf.

But, you do not have to support such "interesting" discussion as NEO's as being valid. You know better. You know it is filled with blatant lies and misinformation. It is unfortunate.

You very well know my only motivation is to protect patients, educate patients and make sure the MMMAct remains as a functioning medical marijuana system in the state of Michigan. That's it.... Love ya Annie.

Next,

I have no interest in running the 3MA or taking it over. Haha... I have been offered to be president of 3MA on 3 different occasions and i do not want to do it. I am incapable of doing so for many reasons which were previously discussed in this forum. So anyone who even suggests that CPU is trying to take over 3MA is just spewing nonsense. Complete nonsense. If i wanted to do that, i would have done it 2 years ago when it was presented to me on a silver platter,.... twice. I wish 3MA all the success int he world. I am always willing to help and give advice, but have no interest in running this corporation. I already run 2 other corporations and have a life and a major disability, i like to live and unfortunately live with.

So,... NEO can continue to propagate his "Bigfoot" conspiracies and weaving a web of deception, but it is not nor will it ever advance what he purportedly says he wants.

Glad to know you consider lies, defamation and slanderish comments to be "interesting".

Says alot about you considering i know you know the truth Annie. Disappointing.

ok mighty malamute what were the slanderous lies and defamation?

what are the CCas a whole doing in a high profile type of way with the situation and where is the largest besides GC3 or JC3

and how are the other CC doing anything collectively and synergistically to unite all of us and bring strength and numbers to the cause?

when is the next meeting of compassion clubs where we can all network and support each other not only in courtrooms but in our shared path on this quest to liberate the medicine?

and what C?c clubs do community monitoring on a local level of LEOs and court case monitoring that can attract numbers of us to sit in and watch and monitor cases going thru the system of misaligned justice?

what IS the benefit of a CC and why haven't I been able to find one that really does what it says?

and why ar there no large ones with large numbers of support out side a dozen people at the largest?

why isn't everyone rushing out to support CC in large numbers or are attracted to this format yet it keeps being advocated here and the few I attended were sorta ?? I don't wana offend anyone here more...

and the truth I have seen is that CPU is a group of professionals patients and their supporters that are for "stakeholders" only meetings and yet some here want to hold up their co-operation and negotiations with the Legs and yet there is still a lot of skepticism amongst readers here as to the real intentions of this group as it is for " stakeholders" only and not a sporting event yet the focus on these threads is to let these people speak for me and people I know who are patients ...??....

just blindly trust and accept cart Blanche that these folks have my best interest in mind when they are negotiating for me and my friends that are patients yet there is no real time input from anyone outside this group nor is it allowed...

hmmm? what are the lies?....what is the defamation??

where is unify?

on a piece of paper? how many of you running this site are members of those groups that signed and where can others of us attend some of these signers meetings of these CCs? I don't eve here about them until the day before or at the last minute a lot of times and I am not interested in goin to a meeting where 3-6 people are in attendance and none of them are doing any action...

where is the CC that's doing the most that could use the biggest level of support or attendance at community based meetings?

f-k CPU or any other small group of 'private' stakeholder meetings that are closed to anyone but the members...I could care less what thos f-is do or say as they don't speak for me nor the majority that I know...who do they speak for? who cares and who would want to support them except their "stakeholders" and what the bunny muffin does that imply?

what kind of steak are they talking about and that's what I mean you guys always slip up on this stuf and let chit out that we have to interpretthebestwe can...

and I hope I never have to be on a team that doesnt support the whole community and not just their steak-holders and there justification is:..."read our mission statement"....period

who gives aphid and what the hell is going on within the community to unify ?

nothing and it is all splintered factions and who do we get behind and I definately won't be you guys if that is my oly option based on replires to my opinions

no I ain't joe ...but I am wondering what is supported here and in what way and why would we support the arm-chair lobbyists here that say they represent all of us but have closed door meetings for "STEAKHOLDERS" only...

what is the truth as you spin it?

Reading your post reminded me of a question I have, any idea as to what Irwin and Damrow meant when they asked Steckert

What about the vets?

I do not recall. Interestingly Damrow has problems within his own party and while he proclaims himself a veterans type o guy, some say he is just using that issue to spread his haughty opinions. Look for him to get a very good challenge from a Dem who held the seat previously.... is that right SFC, my bro?

As for Irwins quiry I just don't recall, I am sorry.