Supremes Reverse Coa On King & Kolonek

I disagree. There have been many cases where people were in full compliance and were harassed by the system into entering a guilty plea.

This irks me more and more .. how dare you equate every arrest with guilt?

From your statement above, the only time someone runs into "problems" is if they are in violation of the law.

Thank you for your support of this community. edit .. this is sarcasm.

What that seems to be is someone posting on this site in support of law enforcement against patients and caregivers. Pretending to be a friend.

Whether he is or not, his arguments can be readily dispensed with out of hand on their own merits. There is no need for unfounded personal attacks p'nut

Edited by GregS

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe he is leo .. not at all.

He is simply actively supporting leo against patients on this site.

And I don't believe he intends to do that. He just does.

I wish he wouldn't pronounce every person we've supported in court, guilty.

Edited by peanutbutter

Really? So he's running out and giving support to law enforcement? He's an informant or something? Because that's what ACTIVE support would be.

Really? So he's running out and giving support to law enforcement? He's an informant or something? Because that's what ACTIVE support would be.

The presumption that leo never makes a bad arrest is a little odd, don't you think? Does the promotion of that idea support leo?

Seriously, do you not see how that is supporting leo?

The flip side of that is that any patient or caregiver that gets arrested deserves it. They were in the wrong. They must have been. Leo never makes mistakes. This is degrading to the patients and caregivers of this state and this site.

This is supporting an astoundingly blind faith view about leo at the expense of our community!

Aiding and abetting the enemy in a war? He's pretty much made the claim that anyone that has been arrested was out of control. The promotion of the concept is the "active" part.

It is unreasonable to assume every arrest of one of us is justified. It is equally unreasonable to promote the concept here. Or to allow it to be expressed unchallenged.

Edited by peanutbutter

The presumption that leo never makes a bad arrest is a little odd, don't you think? Does the promotion of that idea support leo?

The flip side of that is that any patient or caregiver that gets arrested deserves it. They were in the wrong. They must have been. Leo never makes mistakes. This is degrading to the patients and caregivers of this state and this site.

This is supporting an astoundingly blind faith view about leo at the expense of our community!

It is unreasonable to assume every arrest of one of us is justified. It is equally unreasonable to promote the concept here. Or to allow it to be expressed unchallenged.

I don't believe I read that law enforcement NEVER makes a bad arrest. Those are YOUR words.

Furthermore, even if I took those items as true how is that active support of law enforcement? That isn't support, it's an opinion.

Even if it were support it would, at very most be passive, not active. Learn the difference. Expand your vocabulary before you go running around accusing people of supporting law enforcement.

I've really had enough of you running around calling people LEO like Joe McCarthy calling his opponents communists. You've been doing that for 3 years now. Just because someone disagrees with you or holds a different opinion doesn't make them law enforcement or mean they support law enforcement. Get a grip! Get it together! Stop insulting people!

I don't believe I read that law enforcement NEVER makes a bad arrest. Those are YOUR words.

Furthermore, even if I took those items as true how is that active support of law enforcement? That isn't support, it's an opinion.

Even if it were support it would, at very most be passive, not active. Learn the difference. Expand your vocabulary before you go running around accusing people of supporting law enforcement.

I've really had enough of you running around calling people LEO like Joe McCarthy calling his opponents communists. You've been doing that for 3 years now. Just because someone disagrees with you or holds a different opinion doesn't make them law enforcement or mean they support law enforcement. Get a grip! Get it together! Stop insulting people!

What he said was something like "the only people that had problems were people that went outside the clear limits of the law." Far from an exact quote.

That just plain presumes a perfection of our law enforcement. And presumes we are .. what? Evil or something? Oh wait .. guilty. That's the word .. guilty. In every case.

Ok, sorry I confused sec. 4 & 8 last post. Thanks for the answers/opinions on relying on an old Dr. recommendation to assert section 8.

So, back to looking for opinions on section 4 and the question of whether or not officers are able to confirm compliance of plant count and weight.

Section 4 of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA), MCL 333.26424,

provides qualified registered patients broad immunity from “arrest, prosecution, or

penalty in any manner” and protection from the denial of “any right or privilege,

is privacy a right that can be denied?

Is a search to check if a person has more than the allowed plant count or weight a denial of that right to privacy?

Hopefully this decision will also allow in the future, some way to possess male plants for the sole purpose of being pollen donors only.

Hopefully this decision will also allow in the future, some way to possess male plants for the sole purpose of being pollen donors only.

wow. good news from the supreme court AND the return of IndicaJones!!!!

what a great day!!!!!

I actually like Dr Bob and send many pts to him every other week and appreciate what he does.. (I know for a fact he is supportive of the community) Yet i totally agree with peanutbutter on this post. Maybe thats why ppl still dont have their leader even tho there are many Leading posters on this page.

Aiding and abetting the enemy in a war? He's pretty much made the claim that anyone that has been arrested was out of control. The promotion of the concept is the "active" part.

Well said.. And expressing challenge to those sentiments has caused me lots of emotional pain But it must be done.. Lalalalala..

~Raises hand, ONLY thing I did wrong was call the police for help. Other than that I was 100% compliant dragged though court and dismissed after a full year and several long months of court dates and drug testing.

The ONLY thing I did wrong was trust the police to help me during a home invasion... EDUCATE LAW ENFORCMENT and alot of issues will go away. There was not one single thing that I was doing wrong with in the law, not one. I had 12 plants, no clones, not even a roach to smoke in my home.. I just called for help that was the issue. The problem is and was the police they had no education on how to handle my situation, I was the victim of a crime, I called for help and was nearly a convicted felon that was going to do 2-4 yrs manditory in prison for MY home being robbed!!!, POLICE MUST BE EDUCATED ASAP. I had my card, I had my stuff stapled to the door of my grow room, my plants were all labeled and dated from the D.O.B of each plant. I was compliant 100% some may say I may have been compliant but I'm justa idiot for involving the police, But I had just came home and discovered my life was just turned into a tragedy within seconds. The police let the robber go free and arrested me.. How did I break a law? Read my case file The judge agreed I was not in violation of anything in the mmmp.

People do things everyday that can get you arrested, it's up to the POLICE whether you will be spending the night in jail at the time when they arrive on scene. Not the Judge, not a lawyer, not a neighbor. It is the police that are the first line of violations of our rights under the act. THEY MUST BE 1ST IN LINE TO BE EDUCATED ON THE LAW. (IMO) The old timers still working the beat are the ones that have the hardest time complying with the law, police will tell you its up to the judge now, not us then cuff you nice and tight and strip every right you have away before you are ever found guilty of any crime. "guilty until proven innocent"

Trix

:bong2:

This is so very true..Theres a man from our area..52, 14 years Navel seal special ops..2 Silver stars..NO criminal History what so ever..Driving down a back rd..Swerved to miss a pot hole..When cop pulled him over for swerving..asked for his paper work in such..When said Officer SAW his marijuana card..He was arrested (NO road side test). the officer impounded his car..took him to hopsital for blood work..The officer then took him to where they had his car towed to..let him drive off.This man had to retire from the service due to Injuries from fighting for us..(which the last 12 years hes been on a feeding bag) He has Brain and neck cancer..his dr.s at U. OF M signed his papers and told him Medical Cannabis can/could help you..This person had .0003 microns(or what ever) in his blood..His case as dropped..cpl years latter they picked it up..charged him with driving under the influence..He had NO cannabis on him..The only thing this man did was let them see his card on accident..

AMEN PB.

What world are the people living in, that People think LEO doesn't make mistakes?

Ask anyone in jail

I run within the parameters of the MMMA

and as such do not consider police officers "the enemy"

Justa nuisance LOL

Conservative self anointed small minded judges on the other hand :thumbsd:

Edited by Beans

Im so glad that they are upholding the law and not schuettes power trippin opinions!!! Now we have 2 more decisions and hopefully they are both Good! P to P is up next.... If that is cleared, game on for card holders!

What he said was something like "the only people that had problems were people that went outside the clear limits of the law." Far from an exact quote.

That just plain presumes a perfection of our law enforcement. And presumes we are .. what? Evil or something? Oh wait .. guilty. That's the word .. guilty. In every case.

I believe that what he was saying was being put forth as a general statement and not something that holds true 100% of the time. You need to read things in context.

The feds also said they would lay off people who were following state law. For the most part that has happened. Is that 100% the case? No. But it is a good general rule. In other words there has been very little federal interference in Michigan. So if I say that the feds have left Michigan alone, for the most part, that means I'm aiding the enemy? That means I am presuming that the ones that have been caught up by the feds are guilty? No. It's called making a general statement. You really have to bastardize that to turn it into someone "aiding and abetting the enemy."

I take great offense to your attitude and your assumption of the role of the Grand Poobah. Under your logic, war protesters are "aiding and abetting the enemy," or actively supporting the enemy.

It's very Geo. W. Bush of you--"If you aren't with us you are against us."

How about we allow people to have opinions without you slamming them. And how about we stick to what we're good at (I read where you dressed down Dr. Bob for having a legal opinion without him being a lawyer). Seems as though 90% of what you preach on here is your interpretation of the law so maybe you should qualify your admonitions--"No one may espouse legal opinions on this site unless they are a lawyer OR the Grand Poobah peanut butter."

Folks that are in full, unquestioned compliance don't have problems. In general there is some question of a violation, even a small one innocently made, required to get the arrest warrant. Probable cause must exist, even if we don't agree it is something illegal. This is the difference between only doing things viewed as clearly allowed by the courts vs what we think is allowed. The good news is that even with so called 'innocent errors' the defense is there now thanks to the ruling.

Dr. Bob

Folks that are in full, unquestioned compliance don't have problems.

sorry Doc: but we were legal all the way

Folks that are in full, unquestioned compliance don't have problems.

sorry Doc: but we were legal all the way

A lot of cases in my area were over very minor violations that section 8 could and should have handled. Such as two 4 inch plants in the window, or someone leaving the grow door unlocked (on the day of his daughter's funeral he was arrested). Or the kid who after his wheelchaired dad refuses him pot, calls the po po and turns in dad, and the cops arrest the dad, and let his idiot son go free. A lot of this should never have happened at all. I always seen this law as a medical law not a tool for law enforcement, and now maybe the courts will see prop one as a medical law as well..............

Well Mr King I'd like to personally congratulate you my friend and know that I have followed this closely

and have talked to the ACLU concerning this and my case as well..

Today I have taken note of this ruling and it's huge news for my case coming up in mere days.

I have been the legal patient /caregiver who was repeatedly harrased by my local leo

and promised to never come back and bother me again ,only to months later come back in

full military fashion and destroy everything, falsify evidence, stories and railroad me in every

fashion..

All with no warrant and knowing well in advance that I am fully licensed and compliant

Their neatest trick was to later after the details were already in my lawyers hands

with plant numbers tallied well under a hundred plants (with 30 % of those being freshly

cut clones unrooted in a clone tray ) by their own report..

They falsified the plant count to 101 ... hmmm why do you suppose they'd do that ?

My outside professionally constructed cage was without a top

This was their reason for trespassing on my propertry to begin with ...

This ruling should help us to clear this mess up...

I want all my equipment returned I have patients waiting a year for their meds

darn it!

Edited by KindWave Hydro

Well Mr King I'd like to personally congratulate you my friend and know that I have followed this closely and have talked to the ACLU concerning this and my case as well.. Today I have taken note of this ruling and it's huge news for my case coming up in mere days. I have been the legal patient /caregiver who was rereatedly harrased by my local leo and promised to never come back and bother me again ,only to months later come back in full military fashion and destroy everything, falsify evidence, stories and railroad me in every fashion.. All with no warrant and knowing well in advance that I am fully licensed and compliant Their neatest trick was to later after the details were already in my lawyers hands with plant numbers tallied well under a hundred plants (with 30 % of those being freshly cut clones unrooted in a clone tray ) by their own report.. They falsified the plant count to 101 ... hmmm why do you suppose they'd do that ? My outside professionally constructed cage was without a top This was their reason for trespassing on my propertry to begin with ... This ruling should help us to clear this mess up... I want all my equipment returned I have patients waiting a year for their meds darn it!

good luck with your case i/we know how Leo works they didn't have a warrant with are case ether

How about this .. are there existing cases where this ruling would benefit that case?

I'm thinking about Rich Neil.

But if there are several cases I think we should get a list together.

This ruling applies to Barb Agro

Yes !

My case has been postponed in court since January waiting for this very ruling to be rendered...