I emailed the state asking why are they able to get more drivers license renewals out than medical marijuana cards to approved patients, when the number of license renewals far exceed medical marijuana patients. This was their response.

First, you must take into consideration that our program is NEW and the Secretary of State is well established. Their management has had the time to assess how many customers will walk in on any given day and they will have the appropriate amount of staff to handle those customers. Being a new program, our management has assessed and made decisions and we are now in the process of hiring the staff to hopefully handle the tremendous amount of applications received everyday. There was NO way to know that in July 2009 we would receive 1000 applications and July 2010 we would receive 7000. That being said, staff is coming aboard and being trained. This all takes time and eventually, as it does with any new agency, we will run smoothly and process the applications in a timely manner.

Second, we do have policies regarding fees received and we cannot hold on to monies within our office.

Regards,

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

Great to hear we are going to pass a bill that can get people off the horrible presciption drugs and we are guessing nobody would be interested in this so we will hire 3 yahoo's to take care of the state.

I emailed the state asking why are they able to get more drivers license renewals out than medical marijuana cards to approved patients, when the number of license renewals far exceed medical marijuana patients. This was their response.

First, you must take into consideration that our program is NEW and the Secretary of State is well established. Their management has had the time to assess how many customers will walk in on any given day and they will have the appropriate amount of staff to handle those customers. Being a new program, our management has assessed and made decisions and we are now in the process of hiring the staff to hopefully handle the tremendous amount of applications received everyday. There was NO way to know that in July 2009 we would receive 1000 applications and July 2010 we would receive 7000. That being said, staff is coming aboard and being trained. This all takes time and eventually, as it does with any new agency, we will run smoothly and process the applications in a timely manner.

Second, we do have policies regarding fees received and we cannot hold on to monies within our office.

Regards,

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

Yea,

First noone thought.

Second the money being brought in by the medical marihuana program isnt all being used for the MEDICAL MARIHUANA PROGRAM.

It's all a big joke.

Got my card today check cashed 4-5-10. Everything seems OK on card States I can posses plants and No caregiver. So this means if I get patients to list me as caregiver I could help them correct? Now my wife can finally relax and realize I was not involved in some crazy scam LOL

Got my card today check cashed 4-5-10. Everything seems OK on card States I can posses plants and No caregiver. So this means if I get patients to list me as caregiver I could help them correct? Now my wife can finally relax and realize I was not involved in some crazy scam LOL

Lol thats funny. Glad to hear you got your card. Was that date 4/5/10 or 5/4/10?

card arrived

check cashed 05/04

card received 08/24

112 days....and they spelled my name wrong on the card...

question: is leo likely to give you a ration of bunny muffin since they could claim its not your card?

will you contact the state? please keep us up to date on this snafu. i'd be curious as to how long the state will take to rectify their screwup.

if it was me i'd continue to carry the application etc., etc. this is bull crap. make you wait 4 months and they can't get the details correct. nothing new here though i guess. good luck.

question: is leo likely to give you a ration of bunny muffin since they could claim its not your card?

will you contact the state? please keep us up to date on this snafu. i'd be curious as to how long the state will take to rectify their screwup.

if it was me i'd continue to carry the application etc., etc. this is bull crap. make you wait 4 months and they can't get the details correct. nothing new here though i guess. good luck.

after looking at my application form i see that the snafu. was on my part,where the physician information is the Doc. spelled the last name wrong,not sure how i missed this but i did. I am lookig at this as not a big deal and will do what it takes to get it worked out..I FEEL I AM STILL LEGAL

LMAO

Paperwork mailed in 18 April

Check cashed 23 April

Card arrived 25 August (124 days after check cashed)

Card issued 3 August

Card Expires 1 July 2011

Woot!

I went to meet a new guy yesterday, carrying my ratty old paperwork, wishing that I would get that mythical card someday. Turns out it was waiting in my mailbox.

you should have it by now. I would be wondering myself. My check was cashed almost 1 month after yours and there were several that got theres before mine. I wonder if you could e-mail someone or call cause I think something is wrong. They are pretty slow and maybe not so smart were they process the info.

I'm starting to get nervous.. check cashed 4/8 and still no card.

you should have it by now. I would be wondering myself. My check was cashed almost 1 month after yours and there were several that got theres before mine. I wonder if you could e-mail someone or call cause I think something is wrong. They are pretty slow and maybe not so smart were they process the info.

I agree.. you need to email or call them your check was cashed weeks before I ever went to the Dr and I recieved my card weeks ago!

Guest drcanna-pest

:rolleyes: Hi Ya'll I can hardly believe it! I finnaly recieved my card today. We are blessed to live in such a wonderful country. It could be worse. But that 112 day wait was awful to take....

In Michigan...20 days after your check is chased - if you don't recieve a rejection letter from the state ( and you will I have seen them) your copies of the paperwork you sent to the state is your temporary card until it comes in the mail. It says so right in Prop 1 if you read it. You were weeks ago!

Guest drcanna-pest

I agree.. you need to email or call them your check was cashed weeks before I ever went to the Dr and I recieved my card weeks ago!

No no no.. You can call the state and leave a message. They WILL call you back I have done it twice. If you dont recieve a rejection from the state within 20 days after your check is cashed your paperwork is your temporary card until it comes. That is right in Prop 1 check it out. You are legal! Call and leave a message with the MMMP - they will return it.

No no no.. You can call the state and leave a message. They WILL call you back I have done it twice. If you dont recieve a rejection from the state within 20 days after your check is cashed your paperwork is your temporary card until it comes. That is right in Prop 1 check it out. You are legal! Call and leave a message with the MMMP - they will return it.

we know