I tried Candice Miller...this is what I got back form her.

Dear Mr. _______:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the legalization of medical marijuana. I appreciate hearing from you on this very important issue and am pleased for the opportunity to respond.

A highly contentious issue, the use of medical marijuana has been discussed by various federal agencies. In 2005, the United States Supreme Court heard a case regarding Congress's power, under the commerce clause, to regulate medical marijuana (Gonzales v. Raich). The court ruled that Congress has a rational basis for concluding that leaving home-consumed marijuana outside federal control substantially affects conditions in the interstate market. Similarly, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) dismissed the medical benefits from marijuana in April of 2006. According to the agency, there are no sound scientific studies that support the medical use for marijuana.

However, some efforts have been made to get medical marijuana into the FDA development process and into pharmacies. On May 15, 2007, a U.S. Department of Justice-appointed judge submitted a recommendation to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). In the recommendation, the judge called on the agency to end a forty-year government monopoly on the supply of research-grade marijuana available for FDA-approved studies. With this development, new studies could lead to medical marijuana becoming a legal, prescription medicine.

With the recent passage of Proposal 1, Michigan became one of thirteen states that have enacted laws to allow the use of cannabis for medical purposes. These states have removed state-level criminal penalties for the cultivation, possession, and use of medical marijuana, if such use has been recommended by a medical doctor. In Michigan, Proposal 1 permits physicians to approve marijuana use by registered patients with debilitating medical conditions, including cancer, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C, multiple sclerosis, glaucoma, and other conditions approved by the state's Department of Community Health. Effective state medical marijuana laws do not attempt to overturn or otherwise violate federal laws that prohibit doctors from writing prescriptions for marijuana and pharmacies from distributing it.

Recently, Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr., has stated that federal raids by the DEA against medical marijuana distribution outlets that are operating legally under state law will cease. You can be assured that I will carefully monitor any piece of legislation regarding medical marijuana. I will be sure to keep your views in mind if and when any bill comes to the floor of the House of Representatives for a vote.

Again, thank you for your correspondence. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact my office. If you would like to stay up to date on issues in Congress and how they affect you, please sign up to receive Congresswoman Miller's monthly e-newsletter, The Washington Connection, at candicemiller.house.gov. It has all of the information you need about current events in our nation's capitol and their impact on Michigan's 10th Congressional District.

My friends first CG card got here today.

His sister was her own CG and realized she had a black thumb.

They sent in the CG change form the last week of Feb and his card arrived today.

She has been a patient for 9 mths now and is just getting ready to start the renewal process

so he will be getting a new card for her pretty soon.

He sent in his paperwork (patient) 3/5 so he is thinking about 10 days or so for that card.

Card arrived today!

Check cashed 03-09

issued 03-18

expires 04-01-11

today's date 07-02

just about 90 days...par for the course.

I think i'm going to leave the house with a new spring in my step!

good luck to all whom are waiting. keep calling your state representatives!

- a very happy tB

It came! I nearly fainted.

signed up 2/14/2010, check cashed 2/20/2010

received card 6/28/2010

issued 3/3/2010, expires 4/1/2011

(not geeked it expires on April Fool's Day) lol

i'm wondering how things will go when a lot of our cards expire around the same time? took longer to get the card than i had thought initially. just glad it's here! :jig:

It has been 4 days since anyone has posted here.. How can that be?? there are 15000 ppl in this website.. Alot of us waiting for a card and 4 days since anyone has posted?? Did the mdch quit sending? 98 days and waiting here..I thought it was going to speed up after june 1st?? arent the new printers and employees working out?? whats up??

It has been 4 days since anyone has posted here.. How can that be?? there are 15000 ppl in this website.. Alot of us waiting for a card and 4 days since anyone has posted?? Did the mdch quit sending? 98 days and waiting here..I thought it was going to speed up after june 1st?? arent the new printers and employees working out?? whats up??

I was thinking the same thing myself.

The MMMP website hasnt been updated since 6-26, I guess the holiday weekend really slowed them down.

What will the next excuse be?

I just called yesterday to see what is going on.

I am one year in. My check was cashed July 6th, 09. My change caregiver check also cashed.

I have changed my caregiver three times since I submitted my original application and have yet to receive any card.

I guess they forgot about me. Wonder if I should renew?

Glad to hear it! Make sure, or maybe the mods can move your post in the thread pertaining to this grinding issue. It helps others to see that people are still getting cards, as silly as that sounds. I know reading your post has lifted my spirits as I await my own card. Thanks and Congrats! Get to Saginaw on the 21st if at all possible! :) Hope to see you there.

I called last week and they said they we're workin on the 1st week of march, i ve seen like 3 people this past week that got thier's the past few days, all of which had thier check/money order cashed the 1st week of march...3/16? You should have it within a week..

:phew: