Check mailed 4/2/10, cashed 4/8/10... still no card. Should I contact someone?

I would not worry yet. A few post up had a check cashed on 4/13 and he just got his. I would not worry for two more weeks. I have noticed several who have gotten them out of order. And from what I have seen they are still in April. Also some have mentioned they are coming out faster. That may be true for renewals but I don't see any difference for first time cards.

Okay guys i was having some confusion on why it took you all so long to recieve your cards, i mean 3 or 4 months is ridiculas even considering that a group of monkeys could make things up in Lansing run faster, so here is why it took so long and why it wont take this long for people who filed after april 2nd. Registration for the medical marijuana program with Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) began on April 4, 2009, so the state was legally inclined to wait until then to begin issuing cards now that theyre all caught up we'll probably get our cards in about a month or so. By the way if you havent registered yet and are planning on doing so do NOT buy your money order at the post office bc it will take them 6o days or more to find out if its been cashed and that means over 60 days until you can present the paperwork that proves you are legal obviously by then you will have recieved your card anyway so go through your bank or any private company to get one bc they actually care about their customers and want to keep them happy and will track it in no time.

Okay guys i was having some confusion on why it took you all so long to recieve your cards, i mean 3 or 4 months is ridiculas even considering that a group of monkeys could make things up in Lansing run faster, so here is why it took so long and why it wont take this long for people who filed after april 2nd. Registration for the medical marijuana program with Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) began on April 4, 2009, so the state was legally inclined to wait until then to begin issuing cards now that theyre all caught up we'll probably get our cards in about a month or so. By the way if you havent registered yet and are planning on doing so do NOT buy your money order at the post office bc it will take them 6o days or more to find out if its been cashed and that means over 60 days until you can present the paperwork that proves you are legal obviously by then you will have recieved your card anyway so go through your bank or any private company to get one bc they actually care about their customers and want to keep them happy and will track it in no time.

amen to that! post office money orders are fine IF you don't need a copy of the cashed/paid m.o. any time soon. i should know. my $100 to the state came from the post office.

amen to that! post office money orders are fine IF you don't need a copy of the cashed/paid m.o. any time soon. i should know. my $100 to the state came from the post office.

The state is still behind. Check their webite, On July 30th they are mailing out cards for applications they received in mid April. The state received my paperwork July 14, money order cashed July 16 and no card yet. Im hoping to have my card before the cannabis convention halloween weekend.

It seems me like only a thousand applications are mailing in paperwork each week. They are still behind the same amount of time for the last month or so They arent catching up but keeping pace trailing 4 months behind.

Really makes you think they are doing it on purpose, either not hiring help or keeping cards from patients as long as they can.

also the state receives more drivers license renewals each month than medical marihuana applications. They seem to be able to mail those out in a timely fashion.

I never thought about that... its funny and sad... we will make sure you can drive in a timely manner (7-10 days) but for you to be legal for a prescription drug... Just sit tight we'll get to you when we can.... MADNESS

I never thought about that... its funny and sad... we will make sure you can drive in a timely manner (7-10 days) but for you to be legal for a prescription drug... Just sit tight we'll get to you when we can.... MADNESS

I emailed the state asking why are they able to get more drivers license renewals out than medical marijuana cards to approved patients, when the number of license renewals far exceed medical marijuana patients. This was their response.

First, you must take into consideration that our program is NEW and the Secretary of State is well established. Their management has had the time to assess how many customers will walk in on any given day and they will have the appropriate amount of staff to handle those customers. Being a new program, our management has assessed and made decisions and we are now in the process of hiring the staff to hopefully handle the tremendous amount of applications received everyday. There was NO way to know that in July 2009 we would receive 1000 applications and July 2010 we would receive 7000. That being said, staff is coming aboard and being trained. This all takes time and eventually, as it does with any new agency, we will run smoothly and process the applications in a timely manner.

Second, we do have policies regarding fees received and we cannot hold on to monies within our office.

Regards,

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

Guest OrganicFarmer

Card Arrived today:

Check cashed -April 29th

Date issued - May 13th

Expires-06-01-11

Keep the faith if you haven't gotten yours, Just when you really get pissed it may show up!