BP you are very lucky, you must have a State Rep who is a MMJ supporter (or a supporter of what the voters want)

Too many Government Employees are not of the same mind set as Rep. Prusi.

I wish I lived there.

PLEASE PLEASE make sure EVERYONE you know in your area supports him next time at the polls!!!

BobandTorey were you a renewal or a new card????

You were a renewal weren't you? Those seem to be going MUCH quicker.

I do hope you are right though as that would be like being a little kid on Christmas morning when I pulled

that out of my mailbox.

Yes we were Torey got her renewal card in 3 weeks it took 3 months for mine and they were mailed about the same time with in 2 days of each others

Finally got my renewal card today. Mailed 03/18/10, Check cashed 03/23/10, Issued 04/20/09, Expires 05/01/11, post marked 06/22/10, received 06/24/10. The number is the same as last years card. The laser etching looks much nicer than the old style cards.

I hope the new card machines are starting to speed up the process.

:) 148 days after my check was cashed, my card is here. It took calling my state rep and complaining about the MDCH. Mike Prusi is my rep and I told them they would be receiving my vote next election. Please call your rep if you want action. I gotta go and smoke a big spliff of Wonderberry to celebrate this joyous day. remember, call and complain to your state rep.

I decided to start my own little letter writing campaign to the state legislature about the length of time it is taking for them to issue registry cards. I don't think it will do any good but I always feel better if I'm being proactive. I found this online form to email both the MI Senate and House of Reps. I plan on writing them a letter every day reminding them that the state is still not issuing cards in a timely manner and that loe's are still not considering paperwork valid and making arrests regardless of the law. Maybe if we all drop them a little reminder everyday that we're still waiting, they'll get the hint. Here's the link to the online form I used if anybody is interested...

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(kzzsd545hdngxb55mnk45kq5))/mileg.aspx?page=CommentForm

Is there any rhyme or reason to the dates these cards are issued? I know renewals are processed a bit quicker it seems but from reading through this thread it seems like some people get their card in 60-90 days and then others are waiting 110+ days, it just does not seem like there is any middle ground or rhyme & reason to how it all is working.

I decided to start my own little letter writing campaign to the state legislature about the length of time it is taking for them to issue registry cards. I don't think it will do any good but I always feel better if I'm being proactive. I found this online form to email both the MI Senate and House of Reps. I plan on writing them a letter every day reminding them that the state is still not issuing cards in a timely manner and that loe's are still not considering paperwork valid and making arrests regardless of the law. Maybe if we all drop them a little reminder everyday that we're still waiting, they'll get the hint. Here's the link to the online form I used if anybody is interested...

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(kzzsd545hdngxb55mnk45kq5))/mileg.aspx?page=CommentForm

THANK YOU! don't be lazy, click that link and voice your opinions to the people that work for us. great job, nice research

Just received my card, FINALLY!!!! Check cashed - Feb. 22nd. Issue date on card - March 8th :growl: Card Received: June 27th!

Question. I applied for Patient status because a close relative of mine agreed to be my caregiver. The question is, if/when i decide to be my OWN caregiver and send in my change form, will i be issued a whole new card?

Just received my card, FINALLY!!!! Check cashed - Feb. 22nd. Issue date on card - March 8th :growl: Card Received: June 27th!

Question. I applied for Patient status because a close relative of mine agreed to be my caregiver. The question is, if/when i decide to be my OWN caregiver and send in my change form, will i be issued a whole new card?

So did they print it march 8th and take 3 months to mail it or did they print it in June and back date it? What the hell takes sooooo f'in looong! :growl:

My new patient recieved their card friday last week. In the forms they recieved it stated my name as their caregiver. It is now Tuesday and I have still not recieved the Caregiver card. Is this normal? Last time they came on the same day. (And we do not live far from eachother.)

My new patient recieved their card friday last week. In the forms they recieved it stated my name as their caregiver. It is now Tuesday and I have still not recieved the Caregiver card. Is this normal? Last time they came on the same day. (And we do not live far from eachother.)

Does anyone have advice on who I would be able to write to? I am out of ideas. I live in Canton (Wayne county) and our senator, Tom George, is against medical marijuana so I can't write to him about my renewal & our house rep, John Dingell is also a prohibitionist.

try Grandhilm's office