Also why does it say I'm a newbie when I have been a member since May 3 09? I still have not even come close to figuring out this new site!

I'm with you on the newbie but when I asked I was made fun of. My renewal application was sent in and my check was cashed April 2, and no card yet. What's that? 2 1/2 months? I figure I am not even going to get one so I am not even looking or worrying about it anymore. I have my old card (expired), but it has a registry number on it and my renewal paperwork. We cannot help it that the state can't do dick. Maybe mine went to someone else, eh??? SOS.

EDIT - Oh - now I see I am a member. Yahoo! ! ! ! :)

MDCH update

Hooray! They've moved onto the Mid Feb apps.

Program Status Update (6/11/2010): Application Forms and Instructions are available for printing from this website.

Program Statistics:

35,469 original and renewal applications received since April 6, 2009.

18,658 patient registrations issued.

8,063 caregiver registrations issued.

4,832 applications denied -- most due to incomplete application or missing documentation.

Applications are reviewed within 15 days of receipt. Incomplete applications are denied and applicants are then notified of denial by certified and regular mail.

Complete applications, change forms and reapplications for previous denials are then processed in the date order in which they are received. If a denial letter is not received, then the application is deemed valid. The statute currently allows for a copy of the application submitted to serve as a valid registry identification if the card is not issued within 20 days of its submission to the department. At this time, we are unable to issue valid registry identification cards within the statutory time frame with the resources available to us. Currently staff is issuing registry identification cards for valid applications received mid-February. We continue to review and revise our processing methods in order to more efficiently process and issue the valid registry cards.

The staff is diligently working to process the applications and is having difficulty responding to all the voicemails left on the Medical Marihuana Registry phone line. We appreciate your patience and ask that applicants refrain from calling to inquire about the status of the application unless your application was submitted prior to February.

lets see....if it takes them 3 weeks to move apps from a two week time period, then I should be getting my card (3-24) by august...mmmmmph.

well the website may say they are working on mid feb but i havent seen anyone post on here whose app was recieved in feb.. just the jan 20s.. sooo i am a bit aprehensive to believe that.. My check was cashed April 1st.. i dont expect a card anytime soon.. sigh..

sorry folks, looks like the MDCH took their heads out of the sand for a moment to realize they said Mid Feb apps were being processed, as of this afternoon, they amended it to say early Feb. Geez, should I request my renewal now? I'm only going to have my card two months before I have to reapply and that will take another 6 months...so bascially I'm going to be threatened for 10 months and legal for 2.

whatta world.

I seen Dr. May on Jan. 14th, check cashed Jan 21st, and had no problem getting my card. I never recieved anything from them other than my card, my CG's girlfriend forgot to put her last 2 digits of her SS number, but that was it, we all seen Dr. May the 14.... That sucks that you had a problem with Dr. May, and it sucks that he cant practice anymore....

i seen him on the 5th of march and cashed check on 26th of march still nothing lady at mdch said i didnt have to see another doctor long as it was before the 24th of march that any one seen him they would be fine i also did hear stories like the other post about suspensions one my ohter friends seen him on the first week feb got his card last week no problem gl me lol

jay, if they can't load a card into a machine, they wont pull a piece of paper out of a printer. it's not that they're overwhelmed and said "f* it, lets go to Wendy's," there is a reason they are dragging their feet. No one has put their feet to the fire about this. Where's a class action lawsuit?????? our tax dollars pay for their jobs, our registration fees pay the state, they refuse to take phone calls, they turn away volunteer help. Someone is pulling the strings against us.

Ok umm, I'm confused I was approved w/ a doc note on Jan 12th 10, Still no card I have assigned a CG and he paid the $100 I sent the money order in he actually over paid and sent in $125, shorthly after sending in the money order and doctors info , I realized that the mail was sent in my fax!! I quickly re mailed out the original forms via mail as well the money order was sent via mail, now after I mailed that all in unfortunaly I moved from that residence, and as busy and backed up as the state seems to be I hope that they dont send a denile letter then few days later see I sent in the correct stuff just prolonging my card?? also I'm bout to finsh this crop and move again!!! I will be moving every 3-6 months as per safety reasons.

Trix

check sent in 4/30, cashed 5/5, looks like I have quite a looong wait....how is it some people are getting their cards in 20 (!) days while others are taking 6 months? Does it matter I was renewing? Are renewals any faster than initial applications?

...and why am I listed as a "Newbie"? lol, I've been here a while...it says I've only made 2 posts but in my profile I have over 160...?

No, your facts are wrong, and it is for the whole state, not just Detroit. Do the research before stateing anything that's assumeable.

Show me where its on the State ballot....

I did my research and everything I have seen says Detroit, Id love to see otherwise.

This article from June 2nd says Detroit not Michigan

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2010/06/marijuana_legalization_on_november_ballot_in_detro.php

So?

Where is your info? You seem to want to tell people they are wrong and attempt to insult them quickly yet you have not shown your information to back your claim.