I couldnt wait to hit my 20 days after sending my info to the state. I recently joined my local "compassion club" and I almost died. $400.00 an oz? come on. I understand it takes money to make these meds, I'm not saying dont turn a profit but my god! This is a real turn off for the masses struggling to get there doc. visit , med records, bla bla, only to find out the pot at the end of the rainbow is way more than they can afford. It was like I met a guy at a building we talked for 10 minutes and I was on my way. I dont even remember his name. Is there anyone out there that knows where I could get some more affordable assistance, and maybe a more personable visit. This dude didnt even know what kind of meds he had! I know what it takes to grow, I have 12 girls myself .

Show me where its on the State ballot....

I did my research and everything I have seen says Detroit, Id love to see otherwise.

This article from June 2nd says Detroit not Michigan

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2010/06/marijuana_legalization_on_november_ballot_in_detro.php

So?

Where is your info? You seem to want to tell people they are wrong and attempt to insult them quickly yet you have not shown your information to back your claim.

I had talked with many people about this subject, and it also stated this on the news, that Michigan soon may get it legal for rec. use. I appoligize if I offended you in any way, that's not usually my style.

I might be wrong about it too, I have been wrong before, but I posted that because I have heard it from many people also. again, except my apology. :unsure:

Dear State Representative,

I am a state citizen in dire need. I recently was diagnosed with a condition that has severe and chronic pain, possibly never correctable even with the hopes of surgery. After several doctor's visitations and suggestions, they believe my best shot at living a normal, pain-free life would be to attempt a medication cycle of several different pain, nausea, and sleep medications for the severity of my condition. These drugs often are toxic when mixed in a such a way as prescribed by my physician to my body as it has been recommended that more drugs are ingested to counter the reaction I have the the initial round of medication. On any given day, I am ingesting 7-10 different medications to live a normal life.

Herein lies the problem:

This condition is not treatable but can be tolerated with the right combination, but that combination and intensity is well within the limits of overdosing on strong and addictive meds. These meds are all available 24 hours a day at your neighborhood pharmacy. If that pharmacy is out of stock, the next block provides the available relief and so on and so on down the road. Most of these drugs are being over prescribed and sold on the street black market if the possibility of my entire city is out of stock. I could even get these drugs shipped from other countries and not from US manufacturers if my paperwork is correct.

With this many options for prescribed narcotics, why is a state approved solution for my needs and the needs of a majority of sick Michigan citizens being denied by the State?

As a legal, law abiding Medical Marihuana patient approved by a registered physician and the State of Michigan Department of Community Health, I have no rights nor application to obtain the best choice for me. There are no pharmacies, there are no mail-order or web-based businesses to get reduced rates. There are no options for donation as patient to patient transfers have been overlooked by the judicial system and law writers.

I am a gray area casualty.

I have not the want nor the desire to establish a "grow," nor do I wish to trust my legal status with anyone else.

I do not get a pharmacy.

In a best case scenario, starting from scratch, my "prescription" wont be filled for 8-14 weeks. Would you wait that long for anything let alone a daily medication?

Would you strive for a better system if any drug you were prescribed took 2 months and up to 4 months for completion?

Relating to the Patient/Caregiver relationship: Would you worry if your "pharmacy" had anything less than a 100% success rate? My success in feeling like a normal citizen relies on my caregiver and hundreds of possible issues from start to finish. Infection, malnurishment, bad soil, bad air quality, incorrect tempature, power failures resulting in misfiring of lighting cycles, parasites, misinformed neighbors and law enforcement officers. Do you fear anything when you take a script into your neighborhood pharmacy or do you patiently wait for your name to be called nomatter what the prescription is? "I'm sorry sir, but there was a problem with your blood pressure medication arriving. You will not be able to get it from anywhere else and it will take at least 2 months before it is available." Would this be acceptable?

All the patients want is a way for us to function alongside our Michigan brothers and sisters. Ask any registered patient about the many cycles of narcotics attempted and the wicked side effects of said narcotics and you'll see why Michigan voted in a choice for us.

Please back any and all proposals dealing with registered patients and caregivers having our pharmacies. Just like you, we suffer without our medications and fairness and equality needs to be present along side the will of the people, so says the voice of the people.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Mark Stubbs

Kalamazoo, MI

Ok folks MY CARD CAME TODAY!

But wait..... I mailed it in on April 19, 2010 they received it April 21, 2010 check was cashed on April 23 i believe.

I called Mike Prussi's office Steve Linbergs office and The governors number also last week, All of them twice about this issue. Today Mike Prissi's office called me to see if I had received my card yet and I said YES! Thank you very much for what you have done for me and they were glad I got my card.

Mike Prussi's office had asked for my social security number and my state MMMP card nuumber last week so they could inquire about me directly AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!

My card came in the mail today. And it took up excatly where my old card expired on June 1st good till june 1st 2011.

I am glad I called my representatives about this as I may have been waiting till October for it.

Thanks Mike Prussi, you will have my vote come election day! I asked them now to help everyone else to get theirs on time also.

Dear State Representative,

I am a state citizen in dire need. I recently was diagnosed with a condition that has severe and chronic pain, possibly never correctable even with the hopes of surgery. After several doctor's visitations and suggestions, they believe my best shot at living a normal, pain-free life would be to attempt a medication cycle of several different pain, nausea, and sleep medications for the severity of my condition. These drugs often are toxic when mixed in a such a way as prescribed by my physician to my body as it has been recommended that more drugs are ingested to counter the reaction I have the the initial round of medication. On any given day, I am ingesting 7-10 different medications to live a normal life.

Herein lies the problem:

This condition is not treatable but can be tolerated with the right combination, but that combination and intensity is well within the limits of overdosing on strong and addictive meds. These meds are all available 24 hours a day at your neighborhood pharmacy. If that pharmacy is out of stock, the next block provides the available relief and so on and so on down the road. Most of these drugs are being over prescribed and sold on the street black market if the possibility of my entire city is out of stock. I could even get these drugs shipped from other countries and not from US manufacturers if my paperwork is correct.

With this many options for prescribed narcotics, why is a state approved solution for my needs and the needs of a majority of sick Michigan citizens being denied by the State?

As a legal, law abiding Medical Marihuana patient approved by a registered physician and the State of Michigan Department of Community Health, I have no rights nor application to obtain the best choice for me. There are no pharmacies, there are no mail-order or web-based businesses to get reduced rates. There are no options for donation as patient to patient transfers have been overlooked by the judicial system and law writers.

I am a gray area casualty.

I have not the want nor the desire to establish a "grow," nor do I wish to trust my legal status with anyone else.

I do not get a pharmacy.

In a best case scenario, starting from scratch, my "prescription" wont be filled for 8-14 weeks. Would you wait that long for anything let alone a daily medication?

Would you strive for a better system if any drug you were prescribed took 2 months and up to 4 months for completion?

Relating to the Patient/Caregiver relationship: Would you worry if your "pharmacy" had anything less than a 100% success rate? My success in feeling like a normal citizen relies on my caregiver and hundreds of possible issues from start to finish. Infection, malnurishment, bad soil, bad air quality, incorrect tempature, power failures resulting in misfiring of lighting cycles, parasites, misinformed neighbors and law enforcement officers. Do you fear anything when you take a script into your neighborhood pharmacy or do you patiently wait for your name to be called nomatter what the prescription is? "I'm sorry sir, but there was a problem with your blood pressure medication arriving. You will not be able to get it from anywhere else and it will take at least 2 months before it is available." Would this be acceptable?

All the patients want is a way for us to function alongside our Michigan brothers and sisters. Ask any registered patient about the many cycles of narcotics attempted and the wicked side effects of said narcotics and you'll see why Michigan voted in a choice for us.

Please back any and all proposals dealing with registered patients and caregivers having our pharmacies. Just like you, we suffer without our medications and fairness and equality needs to be present along side the will of the people, so says the voice of the people.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Mark Stubbs

Kalamazoo, MI

This is excellent! And a way to place this in every politician's e-mail box. I hope most of us copy and paste this letter, edit it, and send to congressmen and women, state, etc, etc. Send it multiple times, and let our voice be heard! :goodjob:

so basically it's patience for the patients? submitted february 14th, check cashed february 20th, no card yet...trying to keep my patience that i've learned to live with in dealing with chronic illness. keep my application with me at all times which is a hassle, but well worth it for sure!

congratulations to those of you who've received your cards, that's awesome! :goodjob:

truthbomb, well said and i deeply hope your words reach the kind and caring, not the mean and uninformed. we're all in this journey together.

Hey Annie Were U Already Approved Last Year???

state representative update:

only auto replys. looks like our representatives get a "european style" vacation schedule while michiganders work almost 6 days a week to make ends meet.

I'll keep everyone in the loop with any replys. feel free to copy, amend, and send.

-tB

No, your facts are wrong, and it is for the whole state, not just Detroit. Do the research before stateing anything that's assumeable.

sorry bro hate to inform you but it is only on detroit ballot not for state, decriminalize! nov detroit ballot!

Free the Weed!

Peace!

Jim

Mezz, I think we have about a mth ahead of us.

My check was cashed 3/9

My friends check was cashed 2/9 and he got his card Saturday.

If it does come this week I might have to do a little dance ;):rock:

But I honestly think my dancing shoes are gonna be sitting in the closet a couple more weeks.