check cashed jan 20th, no card yet. sent caregiver change form out 3 weeks ago and got a call thursday saying they needed me to send another 10 dollar money order and then they would process my change form. ( i know for sure i sent the ten in the first place, wtf is going on i do not know.)

lady on the phone said my original application has been processed they are just behind on the actual printing of the card. within the next few weeks or so were her words.

peace all

check cashed jan 20th, no card yet. sent caregiver change form out 3 weeks ago and got a call thursday saying they needed me to send another 10 dollar money order and then they would process my change form. ( i know for sure i sent the ten in the first place, wtf is going on i do not know.)

lady on the phone said my original application has been processed they are just behind on the actual printing of the card. within the next few weeks or so were her words.

peace all

How did you pay with the change form? Try to see if it was cashed, then send them proof of them cashing the check as your "new check"...lol

Here is what I sent to them today. Why has a class action lawsuit not happened yet on behalf of everyone involved in the delay?

Hello,

This email is to let you know that you are extremely late on processing my card. My check was cashed in April it is now June. It is just a simple renewal.

WHAT I AM PAYING FOR HERE IS ------ TO HAVE THE CARD IN MY POSSESSION FOR THE COMPLETE TIME COVERED -----

That is the only reason for registering and paying 100.00 dollars, is to have the card in possession.

If this agency cannot supply the card on time, last year it was late also, then next year we will not bother as the law covers us anyway without this plastic card from you. It is only to show to the law enforcement people upon request. As I have paid for the card now but do not posses it, it does no good at all. So next year we will be saving our money and skipping your 100.00 fee all-together because of the extreme delay in processing the cards on time.

THE ONLY REASON TO PAY FOR THIS CARD IS TO HAVE IT IN YOU POSSESSION AT ALL TIMES DURING THE TIME PERIOD INVOLVED!!

If that is unobtainable then why pay? The only purpose of paying, is to have the card in your wallet on your person, and that is not happening.

My old card ran out on June 1st 2010 I sent in my new paperwork on April 19th Check cashed April 23 or so.

My phone number is ********** if you wish to call and explain why you people are so far behind as you have been mandated to have these cards out in a set time frame and are not meeting this time frame please do so. But don't tell me there is just 3 people there doing all the work as this should of created jobs to keep up with the demand. YOU KNOW THAT!

Also why does it say I'm a newbie when I have been a member since May 3 09? I still have not even come close to figuring out this new site!

I think the "newbie" status has to do with how many posts you have made.

Please keep us informed if they respond to you.

thanks

Check was cashed 1/29/10

Card arrived TODAY! 6/9/10

Issued:2/12/10

Expires: 3/01/11

All my personal information is correct.

I just want to know why my issue date is 2.12.10 but my card didn't arrive until today? Overall though I am just SOOO HAPPY I finally got it!

OK

So as we all know my check was cashed 3/9

We clearly see NO one has gotten a new issue from early or mid Feb

BUT

Why do I keep checking my mail box daily like I am gonna find the letter

that says I won the lotto???

3/9 they cashed my check as a patient.

3/20 they cashed my check as a CG. My friend who has had his card for 10 mths made me

his CG as he was upset with his previous experience.

Still no cards :( wannnnh

When did they recieve your app?

when did your check cash?

They cashed my check in January...the 20th I believe. However, they approved me...then sent a letter in April saying that I had been suspended until I got a second doctor to recommend me as Dr May (from Howell...I've seen some mention of him here) was unable to verify his records or something to that effect. Nice older Dr, but apparently he did not keep records well. I had a sinking feeling when I started seeing articles about him online and his license issues.

So I saw another physician in April and had my second set of paperwork in somewhere around the 24th. Then my card arrived on June 11th.

They gave me an expiration date of March 1, 2011.

They cashed my check in January...the 20th I believe. However, they approved me...then sent a letter in April saying that I had been suspended until I got a second doctor to recommend me as Dr May (from Howell...I've seen some mention of him here) was unable to verify his records or something to that effect. Nice older Dr, but apparently he did not keep records well. I had a sinking feeling when I started seeing articles about him online and his license issues.

So I saw another physician in April and had my second set of paperwork in somewhere around the 24th. Then my card arrived on June 11th.

They gave me an expiration date of March 1, 2011.

I seen Dr. May on Jan. 14th, check cashed Jan 21st, and had no problem getting my card. I never recieved anything from them other than my card, my CG's girlfriend forgot to put her last 2 digits of her SS number, but that was it, we all seen Dr. May the 14.... That sucks that you had a problem with Dr. May, and it sucks that he cant practice anymore....

I seen Dr. May on Jan. 14th, check cashed Jan 21st, and had no problem getting my card. I never recieved anything from them other than my card, my CG's girlfriend forgot to put her last 2 digits of her SS number, but that was it, we all seen Dr. May the 14.... That sucks that you had a problem with Dr. May, and it sucks that he cant practice anymore....

I have heard both from people that got the letter I did, and people who went through just fine. I certainly don't know what the rhyme or reason is to how it all played out, but now that I have my card it's all good!

In the UP you can call Jennifer Granholm's office at 906 228 2850

also call Steven Lindberg's office at 1 888 429 1377

also call Mike Prussi's office at 1 866 305 2038

I called all 3 offices today, seems like not very many people are calling them about this as they are quite unaware of the situation we are facing at the Michigan Department of Community Health.

Mike Prussi"s office even made a phone call to them about my card in particular. Inquiring why it is taking so long. As I stated before on page 11 of this forum, NEXT YEAR THEY GET NO MONEY FROM ME UNLESS IT IS ALL CLEARED UP AND ON TIME!!!

Also my card ran out on June 1st 2010 will my new card (renewal) take effect on June 2, 2010 OR will they cheat me out of a few months and issue it in April when they cashed my check? Even tho I will not get the card until September or October at their pace! A renewal should take effect the day the old card runs out and not a day sooner or you are getting cheated on your money and getting cheated out of time paid for already, the previous year. If the old card expired on June 1st 2010 and the new card is issued in April dated to expire next year in April, then we all are getting cheated. Could they do this with drivers licenses? NO!

I urge everyone to tell them "NO MONEY TO THE STATE OF MICHIGAN NEXT YEAR" unless the cards come on time as stated in the law. Maybe that will crack the whip that they will respond to.

Question: What happens to my application once I mail it? What if I don't send in all the required parts of my application?

Answer: The MMMP has 15 days to review your application to make sure it is complete and all parts are current. If your application is complete, your registry identification card will be issued within 5 days after the MMMP verifies the information on your application. If you don't send in all the required parts of your application, the application will be denied.

THIS IS FROM THEIR WEB SITE 20 DAYS TOTAL THEY KNOW IT Who says issued means "we issued it and it is in a box in the corner for 6 months after that time we will send it to you then" ???????

And NO I AM NOT A NEWBIE HERE and take offense at the term given to people.

Interesting that they can make a patient wait 112 days to receive their card, yet I received my renewal information 3 months before my one year is up. They are right on the ball for that! Can we pass an something saying the state is not allowed to cash the patient's check until the card has been sent in the mail? I'm sure things would be done in a much more timely manner.

:rolleyes: Hi Ya'll I can hardly believe it! I finnaly recieved my card today. We are blessed to live in such a wonderful country. It could be worse. But that 112 day wait was awful to take....