About Nine Bills Due For Vote Tomorrow In Lansing

Atm the felon clause only affects caregivers. But it is not a far step to say a patient can not use if he/she has a felony...

in the end game I see state run pharmacies distributing meds at such a high cost coupled with a high tax enforced by leo busts on those who do not join the system...

You forgot. Outdoor grows.

New rules .. not visible.

Most outdoor medical grows are already mapped out. Most likely with a notation of visible or not.

The lists of violators of the new law have already been made.

How much restraint is leo going to show when they have a green light?

So that includes patients.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot. Outdoor grows.

New rules .. not visible.

Most outdoor medical grows are already mapped out. Most likely with a notation of visible or not.

The lists of violators of the new law have already been made.

How much restraint is leo going to show when they have a green light?

So that includes patients.

By the time leo gets the green light my grow will be harvested.

As for the covered nonsense Pifft I got that covered so to speak. sorry for the punny.

I watched several helicopters fly over my area for several days in a row. If it was leo I know they had a hard time figuring out I had there. Yeah I took precautions

Put it this way they really do not want to push my buttons on this issue. I have sat here and worked my butt off trying to meet them in the middle. But no they do not take just what is reasonable they want to make it dang near impossible to comply. So now I keep my mouth shut, and dare them to push me again.

At which time I will come into full compliance with what they set forth but they are really not going to like what I do.

Best advise I can share is the rule of kiss

Keep it simple stupid!

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS.

The new laws could be in effect Tuesday. If not Tuesday they have another chance for Thursday. Then the following Tuesday.

Those are the last three days before the election.

IF we make it past the election, most folks will have the chance to harvest before they vote.

IF IF IF.

Q, the good thing here is you are an educated patient/CG. If there is no reason to suspect you and LEO asks you on your card status out of nowhere you will have them by the balls. From that point you stop talking and let your lawyer handle it.

PB, you are so full of it. I used to respect you as a grower and as an activist, now I just think you are completely paranoid delusional.

It ain't happening this week.

Edited by SFC

Q, the good thing here is you are an educated patient/CG. If there is no reason to suspect you and LEO asks you on your card status out of nowhere you will have them by the balls. From that point you stop talking and let your lawyer handle it.

PB, you are so full of it. I used to respect you as a grower and as an activist, now I just think you are completely paranoid delusional.

It ain't happening this week.

Good call as the week is nearly over.

Being in complete compliance with the law, as it is today, is not necessarily enough to keep you out of jail tomorrow.

Being completely aware of the law AS IT IS is not enough right now.

Not a hell of a lot from where I sit. I am doing my level best to comply with the law. I am not trying to grow to supply a dispensary or anyone else besides my patients I have cards for. I don't drive around "crop touring" anymore like the old days (sucks), when I transport meds to my patients I put the meds in a sealed box.

It will be kinda nice only having to renew every two years.

fearmongering needs to stop here. I agree that the proposed changes will drasticlly change the law for quite a few caregivers...but it ain't over till it's over.

I wish you all would put 1/2 as much energy towards protecting our rights than you do towards stirring unrest with speculation

Agreed!! If it can't be proven with some form of documentation then it is theory, at best maybe a shared fear.

Sometimes we can let our imaginations run away with us. Sometimes we are right in what we see. The crux is how we present our fears and concerns.

I am forced by the fact that I have not seen a lot of leo actions lately, seems they are using some common sense and restraint in how they are pursuing

their jobs. compared to last year at this time. I am not asking anyone to relax on their precautions. Just assess the situation from different angles before posting please.

KD, I know Resto did put up a pic of the name redacted letter from LARA. He was not convicted of a drug felony he was charged or convicted of possession as I recall. For some reason it got red flagged at LARA.

Hopefully when this is all said and done you will have nothing to worry about, providing it wasn't a violent felony. That is the angle that is looking like a real possibility. Before anyone piles in with the usual "No changes" mantra, listen! None of us want that, but it is going to happen. It's going to be either be all felons banned for life or all felons banned from being CG's ten years with violent felons banned for life. If you ask me I will throw violent felons under a bus to have all the non-violent ones having a second chance.

Ok well, I have dug up the thread in question that contains the Documents, that you all are discussing.

Hopefully this helps with finding a conclusion to the discussion at hand.

http://michiganmedic...aras-new-trick/

Trix

:bong2:

No it doesn't. Those letters are based on what the law says now.

NOT the conditions AFTER the new laws pass.

OK .. I get it .. people don't believe the law is going to change.

Caregivers will suddenly be arrested for being over their count.

Outdoor growers will be arrested for allowing their grows to be visible.

The same people saying it's nothing but fear mongering will be the first to say you were stupid for not knowing the law.

Good luck.

SFC I am not willing to throw anyone under the bus that has worked diligently to prove themselves to be productive members of our society.

Those that are bent on living the criminal life style will do so no matter what the law says, seriously does anyone think a law will stop them??

My suggestion is to re enforce the ideal that staying crime free has it's rewards. imho a constant stream of denial of a opportunity based on something that happened 15, 20, 25 etc years ago is not justice. I do understand the ideal behind the no violent felonies thing. Heck I would not want to put someone in a compromised position with a caregiver has a short history of violence and a record of repeated offences.

Heck having to prove an old offence maybe close to impossible for some due to records being lost. So what do they do in that case? sol?

maybe a new category of caregiver needs to be considered? Most of the caregivers I know are doing so for family members that can not do for themselves.

At any rate I am still flexible. Ban all felonies? I think that would be begging for a Sct case. So I ask do they really want to face the possibility of a loss in court?

I do not think so.

I think we all know some changes are going to happen weather we like it or not. The thing is to make them as fair as possible.

This can be a win win for all of us if we can just meet in the middle.

Edited by Fat Freddy

OK .. I get it .. people don't believe the law is going to change.

Caregivers will suddenly be arrested for being over their count.

Outdoor growers will be arrested for allowing their grows to be visible.

The same people saying it's nothing but fear mongering will be the first to say you were stupid for not knowing the law.

Good luck.

Pb just maybe they might take the approach of sending an outdoor grower a letter simply stating they have evidence of a uncovered grow at the address in question and give the grower 30 days to remedy the problem. If that would be the case I do not see a problem. Mind you as I have stated I am not a man of means but I can be very resourceful when my back is to the wall.

Personally I do not see what the big deal is about the covering thing. But I already have a way to deal with that and they will not like what I do to come into compliance.

Edited by Fat Freddy

Pb just maybe they might take the approach of sending an outdoor grower a letter simply stating they have evidence of a uncovered grow at the address in question and give the grower 30 days to remedy the problem. If that would be the case I do not see a problem. Mind you as I have stated I am not a man of means but I can be very resourceful when my back is to the wall.

Personally I do not see what the big deal is about the covering thing. But I already have a way to deal with that and they will not like what I do to come into compliance.

Yep, they might.

KD, I know Resto did put up a pic of the name redacted letter from LARA. He was not convicted of a drug felony he was charged or convicted of possession as I recall. For some reason it got red flagged at LARA.

Hopefully when this is all said and done you will have nothing to worry about, providing it wasn't a violent felony. That is the angle that is looking like a real possibility. Before anyone piles in with the usual "No changes" mantra, listen! None of us want that, but it is going to happen. It's going to be either be all felons banned for life or all felons banned from being CG's ten years with violent felons banned for life. If you ask me I will throw violent felons under a bus to have all the non-violent ones having a second chance.

My felonys were property crimes non violent offenses 25 years ago sept 17th 1987 to be precise since ive had a couple petty charges like disturbing the peace and tresspassing nothing involving drugs .