About Nine Bills Due For Vote Tomorrow In Lansing

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you were involved in the crafting and suggestions and know all the people involved in making that bill come to be in Rep. Calltons list of sponsored bills, how about sharing the stories behind how exactly it came to be and what changes you suggested(if you did) and the people who worked to make that bill come to be? I know i would like to hear more of it. I would guess the people that are pushing it should be proud of it and more than willing to enlighten everyone to the whole process that occurred.

Wish I could help. I wasn't on the inside at all.

I have made one suggestion. To make a statement within the new law that it is subservient to the MMMA. That the MMMA trumps in ANYTHING where a conflict should arise.

That suggestion has not made it in, as far as I know.

I stay at arms length from these elected folks. I freak them out and could possibly degrade their reputation.

I used to attend MACC meetings. I haven't attended in a very long time.

I don't believe I've ever attended a CPU meeting. Some of the CPU folks are downright hostile toward me and consider me destructive.

Some CPU folks have gone as far as to put out warnings to keep me out of the mix. The last event I was invited to was with the limitation of not saying anything to anyone there. I declined to show up.

Like pulling teeth sometimes. :-)

Ok,.. now we can move on...

Since you were involved in the crafting and suggestions and know all the people involved in making that bill come to be in Rep. Calltons list of sponsored bills, how about sharing the stories behind how exactly it came to be and what changes you suggested(if you did) and the people who worked to make that bill come to be? I know i would like to hear more of it. I would guess the people that are pushing it should be proud of it and more than willing to enlighten everyone to the whole process that occurred.

I will get you started:

Marijuana Policy Project(MPP), the people responsible for passing the MMMAct in 2008, asked MACC to help them get some form of dispensary bill passed and presented a model language bill which was then amended by?... and specific suggestions were made by?

GO!....

Also, just so people understand, i personally could care less if there are some type of commercial type operation made legal in Michigan. I would say overall, i would prefer a Farmers type market that is merely patients and caregivers helping each other done on a smaller scale. BUT,.. and here is the big but and one of the key principles of CPU, which is why i like CPU; If it interferes with the MMMACT, opens up the Act, removes any rights or privileges from patients, caregivers or physicians or uses and/or portrays patients and caregivers in a negative manner,... I will oppose it. Pretty buggerin simple.

CPU is neutral on dispensaries. CPU will oppose bad legislation. CPU protects the Act, Patients, Caregivers and Physicians. That is it.

Now back to my quoted post....

I want a historical story of how the "provision center" bill came to be. I know there are others here that read the forum that were involved in creating the bill. Please indulge us. :-)

I mean, you would think they would be proud of their possible historic achievement and would want to share how they came up witht he bill and how different certain provisions were agreed to and suggested and who was involved in pushing this forward. Heh.

Edited by Malamute

I want a historical story of how the "provision center" bill came to be.

SFC once said here in a post that no one responsible will tell you that because they might not want to take credit for what it becomes. That was when Jamie(MACC then) was waffling about not knowing 'what it means' yet. No one wants this around their neck when the machine starts rolling over patients.

I want a historical story of how the "provision center" bill came to be. I know there are others here that read the forum that were involved in creating the bill. Please indulge us.

I believe the full intent of the bill is to enhance the ability of the patient to acquire their meds. A lot of emphasis is placed on the protection of the MMMA.

Dispensaries were part of the proposed MMMA. MMP had that there, at first. Since they had it there in the beginning, it makes sense they would have boiler plate language ready.

I think we need to make sure to closely examine the work for loopholes, given the history. Not a diss on MPP, but rather a diss on humans. There is no INTENT to harm our law. Mistakes happen.

These existing bills have their origin with those opposed to the MMMA. Rather than to stay silent, some within our community went into talks with the intent to weaken the bills. Many on both sides viewed this as approval of the proposed bills. Senator Jones was surprised in hearings when NO ONE from our community would say they supported these bills.

He was under the impression that discussion equaled approval. .. surprise!!

I believe the full intent of the bill is to enhance the ability of the patient to acquire their meds. A lot of emphasis is placed on the protection of the MMMA.

Dispensaries were part of the proposed MMMA. MMP had that there, at first. Since they had it there in the beginning, it makes sense they would have boiler plate language ready.

I think we need to make sure to closely examine the work for loopholes, given the history. Not a diss on MPP, but rather a diss on humans. There is no INTENT to harm our law. Mistakes happen.

These existing bills have their origin with those opposed to the MMMA. Rather than to stay silent, some within our community went into talks with the intent to weaken the bills. Many on both sides viewed this as approval of the proposed bills. Senator Jones was surprised in hearings when NO ONE from our community would say they supported these bills.

He was under the impression that discussion equaled approval. .. surprise!!

Yes, but total disapproval within the medical community made no difference at all. The bills are about helping law enforcement, in a state where they rule the roost with Schuette in charge.

And the dispensary bill is totally about making a few business owners a pile of cash.

I would say it made a difference even though it didnt stop the bills.... Yet! It aint over till the fat lady sings. We are fighting everyday to stop these things. Talking to Senators and Rep's trying to stop these things. Persistance, tenacity and professionalism are our tools. Every single person that took the time to oppose these bills and speak with their Senators and Rep's and help them understand why they shouldnt support these bills deserves credit.

We will keep trying as well as EVERYONE else should still take the time to contact their Rep's and Senators, meet them in district if possible, and let them understand why they should oppose these bills. Let them see that we are just normal people. It goes a long way. Ya never know unless you try. :-)

But i digress, i still would love to hear about the history of the provision center bill. And thanks pb for being a little forthcoming about financially supporting someone who voted yes for all 4 bills. ;-) I do realize he says he has seen the light, the error of his ways now; but he gets to vote on them again here likely and we will see if he helps the community to get enough NO votes to stop HB 4834 and 4851. :-)

Still, back to the provision center bill. :-)

too funny,,,, how people still have the blueberry stains

Also 100s of the people banned under blueberry have not come back,

Now how many times has blueberry called the FBI on patients? bubblegrowers site is still full of banned members that will not come back here because of blueberry,,

denial is not a river in Africa. i happen to be a member at bgs site i happen to know, very close and personal, a lot of those people your speaking of or for, and you're wrong. blueberry may have been running the show when they left, but they see how it is now and wont come back due to how it is now. still huge issues here, bb left same problems or new ones, and you guys are still stuck blaming it on bb.... good luck lol

denial is not a river in Africa. i happen to be a member at bgs site i happen to know, very close and personal, a lot of those people your speaking of or for, and you're wrong. blueberry may have been running the show when they left, but they see how it is now and wont come back due to how it is now. still huge issues here, bb left same problems or new ones, and you guys are still stuck blaming it on bb.... good luck lol

Same problems? Nah. I don't see one person who has a stranglehold on this site like it was a pre-ousting. Pre ousting this site was his personal sounding board. He pinned 10 or 15 topics at the top of each subforum. Much like the news media, he only told you, and allowed, what he wanted you to know. It was an information war and he had strict control over the information. The very fact that people, like you, are even allowed to complain here shows improvement. Your point of view may be lousy but at least it is heard. Pre-ousting this place was a dictatorship and if there was any dissent it was immediately deleted and members were banned. There was no place for constructive criticism.

I see regular attacks on zapatosunidos and they are allowed to remain. He is about as cool as a cucumber as they come. The reason you, and others, don't like this site is because it now allows everyone to express their point of view. That irritates you to no end. How dare people be allowed to have a platform to express themselves when their opinions are contrary to yours. Funny thing is, no one is making you come here. It seems that the people who complain the most still continue to frequent the site.

...It aint over till the fat lady sings. We are fighting everyday to stop these things.

:-)...

You can say that again Mal!

Hey Folks Join us at The Capital at Noon Tomorrow for a showing of Solidarity. There are well over 100,000 of us Patients and Caregivers, let's see some faces. Let's Show The Legislators our voices this time! :-)

(While we are still in the running.........................

If they aren't banned then it's their choice not to post. Just like 99% of the rest of Michigan patients that don't post here. I believe everyone has their own unique reason if they post here or not. If they choose not to post here because we all can speak our opinions now, then they were here for the wrong reasons to begin with. Good riddance.

lmao really.... you mean like how you and those 4-5 other people all jump anyone who post an opinion outside of your agenda...hmm lol. oh ya lets not forget we are all so free to express ourselves here zap ran around trying to force everyone ( with the exception of the lil agenda crew) into agreeing to just not arguing with anything you guys said. in this thread alone you have attacked members for expression an opinion. this place is all open and blueberry free for everyone to come back...but if they dont like the bs you try to cram down everyone's throat then they can just stay gone....and in your confused mind you think that's different than how you described this site under bb....hundreds of others dont see it that way.... now i did my best to be civil to you....now you will attack me.

If they aren't banned then it's their choice not to post. Just like 99% of the rest of Michigan patients that don't post here. I believe everyone has their own unique reason if they post here or not. If they choose not to post here because we all can speak our opinions now, then they were here for the wrong reasons to begin with. Good riddance.

yes why try to be civil, why drop the propaganda machine when you could be open and help... you just got it all figured out dont need them people.... i can think of some "good riddance" but i bet nothing could get the problems here to leave and go to bb site where they belong. prove me wrong...you guys could just all leave.... i got pics waiting, really want to start this" the black" journal..... but this place looks to be about trash talking and disrespecting good people, not sure its the place to show such a thing....

But i digress, i still would love to hear about the history of the provision center bill. And thanks pb for being a little forthcoming about financially supporting someone who voted yes for all 4 bills. ;-) I do realize he says he has seen the light, the error of his ways now; but he gets to vote on them again here likely and we will see if he helps the community to get enough NO votes to stop HB 4834 and 4851. :-)

I understand that he intends to vote no. Even on the bills that he sponsored.

Many of these reps and senators don't understand that these bills can hurt us.

AND they don't understand how mmj helps people. Even after the doctors can go no further, we might be able to help.

THAT includes the lawmakers themselves. They have their own bodies with their own medical conditions. Many of them are suffering because of lack of awareness.

I say "heal them all. bless them that curse you." win much more that votes, win hearts.

lmao really.... you mean like how you and those 4-5 other people all jump anyone who post an opinion outside of your agenda...hmm lol. oh ya lets not forget we are all so free to express ourselves here zap ran around trying to force everyone ( with the exception of the lil agenda crew) into agreeing to just not arguing with anything you guys said. in this thread alone you have attacked members for expression an opinion. this place is all open and blueberry free for everyone to come back...but if they dont like the bs you try to cram down everyone's throat then they can just stay gone....and in your confused mind you think that's different than how you described this site under bb....hundreds of others dont see it that way.... now i did my best to be civil to you....now you will attack me.

No attack, just a question;

What agenda?

I understand that he intends to vote no. Even on the bills that he sponsored.

Many of these reps and senators don't understand that these bills can hurt us.

AND they don't understand how mmj helps people. Even after the doctors can go no further, we might be able to help.

THAT includes the lawmakers themselves. They have their own bodies with their own medical conditions. Many of them are suffering because of lack of awareness.

I say "heal them all. bless them that curse you." win much more that votes, win hearts.

I call BS. They all know the score at this point. They might be good pretenders though, and fool some with words they want to hear. Of course, they are elected politicians, that's their job.

No attack, just a question;

What agenda?

restorium..... come on...whats an agenda... strategy, a plan a list of things to do to get done. there's not a lot of focus around here, you guys haven't made a thread on it yet so please dont ask me to spell out the platform. it would help alot i think if we stopped looking at the word agenda as such a bad thing....having an agenda isnt a bad thing, your unwillingness to let the rest of us in on it says a lot.

restorium..... come on...whats an agenda... strategy, a plan a list of things to do to get done. there's not a lot of focus around here, you guys haven't made a thread on it yet so please dont ask me to spell out the platform. it would help alot i think if we stopped looking at the word agenda as such a bad thing....having an agenda isnt a bad thing, your unwillingness to let the rest of us in on it says a lot.

Then what's the list? I haven't even talked with anyone for weeks. I was in the woods. There is NO agenda. Get it? I'm just a patient looking out for my own butt. Just one honest to goodness patient speaking their mind. I'm a lone wolf. I have no group agenda with anyone.