So glad you made it

So glad you made it

You gotta

Gimme some lovin'

Gimme some lovin'

Gimme some lovin' everyday.

c/o The Spencer Davis Group

Edited by solabeirtan

After watching Chris Rock's views on bullet control ($5k/bullet), AND the entire HBO special (Never Scared, I think, not sure) from the early Bush era this morning (so much remains the same), I propose we elect Chris Rock as the next Prez!

Does any one else agree? ;~}

A bullet tax will do nothing. If someone is insane enough to go shoot up 20 first graders do you really think they care if they maxed out their credit card buying the ammo?

Actually, I take that back. A bullet tax will do something, it will make handgun owners more dangerous. Why? No one is going to spend any real time at a firing range to become more proficient, and thus less dangerous, if bullets cost an arm and a leg. So you end up with every yahoo with a gun running around with very little maintenance training.

When is the last time you heard a story of a CPL holder shooting someone for no good reason? I can't think of ANY. Can you? They must exist but I've no knowledge of any. On the other hand, we regularly hear of CPL holders possibly saving lives. There was one in Detroit last year or the year before where the CPL holder prevented a carjacking at a gas station. Remember the rent-a-cop in that Mormon church a few years ago that prevented a mass shooting? I think a few people were shot by the bad guy but the security woman shot him before he could do more damage. Then there is this old man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFZDhCjvj0

A bullet tax will do nothing. If someone is insane enough to go shoot up 20 first graders do you really think they care if they maxed out their credit card buying the ammo?

Actually, I take that back. A bullet tax will do something, it will make handgun owners more dangerous. Why? No one is going to spend any real time at a firing range to become more proficient, and thus less dangerous, if bullets cost an arm and a leg. So you end up with every yahoo with a gun running around with very little maintenance training.

When is the last time you heard a story of a CPL holder shooting someone for no good reason? I can't think of ANY. Can you? They must exist but I've no knowledge of any. On the other hand, we regularly hear of CPL holders possibly saving lives. There was one in Detroit last year or the year before where the CPL holder prevented a carjacking at a gas station. Remember the rent-a-cop in that Mormon church a few years ago that prevented a mass shooting? I think a few people were shot by the bad guy but the security woman shot him before he could do more damage. Then there is this old man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFZDhCjvj0

So no Chris Rock for Prez, I presume?

Shredder I was tough on my mom too. And sometimes would way over-dramatize things but I never, ever thought about killing my family. That is the tough part, how do we know which kids are just seeking attention versus the kids that are really a danger to themselves or others? I personally think sociopathic tendencies are the biggest alarm parents should be looking for. Does your child have empathy? If a child has no empathy , killing someone is an easy next step.

Shredder I was tough on my mom too. And sometimes would way over-dramatize things but I never, ever thought about killing my family. That is the tough part, how do we know which kids are just seeking attention versus the kids that are really a danger to themselves or others? I personally think sociopathic tendencies are the biggest alarm parents should be looking for. Does your child have empathy? If a child has no empathy , killing someone is an easy next step.

Honestly, I have none (empathy) for bullies or victimizers, so that may (I know) makes me socio. However I seem to have empathy for soft targets/bystanders/collateral damage victims, so call me a softie if you will.

168 children killed in drone strikes in Pakistan since start of campaign

As many as 168 children have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan during the past seven years as the CIA has intensified its secret programme against militants along the Afghan border.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/8695679/168-children-killed-in-drone-strikes-in-Pakistan-since-start-of-campaign.html

They were armed fleeing felons that had the balls to come into a busy internet cafe and point guns in people's faces.

i have no sympathy for people who point guns at innocent people.

you pull a gun on someone and point it at them, you deserve what you get.

if they pulled a knife, that would be a different story.

168 children killed in drone strikes in Pakistan since start of campaign

As many as 168 children have been killed in drone strikes in Pakistan during the past seven years as the CIA has intensified its secret programme against militants along the Afghan border.

http://www.telegraph...f-campaign.html

Inhumane Beastly Atrocities. Unjustifiably cruel, barbaric conduct.

Furthermore, they didn't ditch their guns in an attempt to show they were giving up.

There's a difference between ditching a gun to avoid being caught with it and attempting to surrender.

I think the guy in the video did the right thing. If firing a round is required, you don't stop. Not unless there is a clear surrender.

Until there is, there is a real risk of the perps returning and killing you.

How about instead of a concealed weapons permit, they have a weapons permit. Background check, safety course required for any and all guns. You can't drive a car without taking a test and getting some education. Included in the course would be a section on mental illness and signs of a possible "freak out." This of course would be paid for by the person wanting the permit, and maybe subsidized with some increased tax on ammunition.

I pity the person with the prince albert going under your electromagnet, shredder.. lol

And as far as this supposed "Michael." This paragraph is insane.

We still don’t know what’s wrong with Michael. Autism spectrum, ADHD, Oppositional Defiant or Intermittent Explosive Disorder have all been tossed around at various meetings with probation officers and social workers and counselors and teachers and school administrators. He’s been on a slew of antipsychotic and mood altering pharmaceuticals, a Russian novel of behavioral plans. Nothing seems to work.

What would you say if our beloved Dr. Bob said to you, "You have some kind of growth, we don't know what it is, so we are going to give you chemo."

He's been on a slew of LSD and qualudes? Is that what she said? Really? And this kid is how old? Where is his father? Cripes, for that matter, where is his mother... Some lala feel sorry that my son has a temper so instead of working it out we'll pump him full of chemicals before his brain even has a chance to grow out of it land?

And when did probation officers and social workers and counselors and teachers and school administrators become doctors?!

The other part of her problem:

“They told me I could wear these,” he insisted. “You’re a stupid biznatch. I can wear whatever pants I want to. This is America. I have rights!”

“You can’t wear whatever pants you want to,” I said, my tone affable, reasonable.

Should have went like this:

“They told me I could wear these,” he insisted. “You’re a stupid biznatch. I can.. thump

Edited by Morhawk

How about instead of a concealed weapons permit, they have a weapons permit. Background check, safety course required for any and all guns. You can't drive a car without taking a test and getting some education. Included in the course would be a section on mental illness and signs of a possible "freak out." This of course would be paid for by the person wanting the permit, and maybe subsidized with some increased tax on ammunition.

I pity the person with the prince albert going under your electromagnet, shredder.. lol

He who lives by the sword, well you know the rest! hehe