Question For Folks Against Gun Control Laws

washtenaut

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that most against any new gun control laws see it as one of those slippery slope type of things. They seem to fear that if they admit that they really don't need an assault weapon or a super max magazine, they will next be asked to give back more rights and more rights, and so on.

Is that it? Or, are there those here that really want and need the automatic machine gun and the super large magazines?

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. By 1987 that figure had risen to 61,911,000.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952 10,076,000 political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated in Kuomintang China, and by 1987 another 35,236,000 exterminations were carried out under the Communists.

Germany established gun control1 in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, without the means to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so." Hitler's Table-Talk at the Fuhrer's Headquarters 1941-1942, Dr. Henry Picker, editor. (Athenaum-Verlag, Bonn, 1951)] (But see N. A. Browne's The Myth of Nazi Gun Control)

just some food for thought.... there was a assault riffle ban when Columbine happened....seems gun control only controls those that dont need it....i understand this dream of this utopian society with no violence, but its not real. I have seen a a world where only the police have guns, men stab each other with ink pens and beat people to death with socks full of batteries.... what is it we hope these guns laws to achieve?they will not stop the madness. before you jump on me and call me a gun nutt, i own none, its a fed crime for me.

It was really bad: you could only get ten-round magazines. And even military-style weapons were illegal; a Ruger 10-22 with a flash suppressor was considered an assault rifle, at least in California where I lived. Many people just bought Springfield M1A rifles instead, or older Chinese and Russian rifles.

YES! I bought a 30 round clip for my Ruger 10-22(illegal bootleg crap). You could get about three rounds off and then it would jam. Times were tough all over.

just some food for thought.... there was a assault riffle ban when Columbine happened....seems gun control only controls those that dont need it....i understand this dream of this utopian society with no violence, but its not real. I have seen a a world where only the police have guns, men stab each other with ink pens and beat people to death with socks full of batteries.... what is it we hope these guns laws to achieve?they will not stop the madness. before you jump on me and call me a gun nutt, i own none, its a fed crime for me.

Right. It's not going to work. But we/they have to give up something in the wake of this high profile mass school shooting. Give it up and we will move on. Give up the big clips or something. Just do it. Your semi auto shot gun will help you to get over it. LOL Home defense.

Someone in a fit of rage, using a sock full of batteries, will not likely kill and maim nearly as many innocents as that same individual in that same fit of rage using a machine gun.

That is the point. It is not to remove guns from responsible citizens or even calculating psychopaths (as they will resort to other methods of killing, per Caveat). The attempt is to limit the access to weapons of mass carnage to the mentally unstable. So, if/when a person like that snaps out and tries to take dozens along on his suicide trip, he doesn't have ready access to the machine gun. Yes, he may still have his fists or the batteries but that is a trade-off that I would like to see.

Also, yes, it will take years for things to improve as there are so many assault weapons already out there. Can adding more and more weapons with greater killing power to our society, really be the better solution?

If i had a gun and plants in the same location i would think twice because it might not work out for you in court

I have seen it too many times people going to jail for 2 years and they didn't do anything

Ask adam brook the judge has no other choice but a 2 year sentence

Even if you still believe you are legal it wont matter because people dont have the money to fight the courts

Maybe i am putting fear into people here i don't mean to its just some people

Dont know the Consequences most think they will get a court Appointed Lawyer and they will take it to the supreme Court

If you look it up you wont find 1 court appointed Lawyer that has gone their(supreme court)

Dont post false hope some may get lucky some may not it just not worth the chance

If i had a gun and plants in the same location i would think twice because it might not work out for you in court

I have seen it too many times people going to jail for 2 years and they didn't do anything

Ask adam brook the judge has no other choice but a 2 year sentence

Even if you still believe you are legal it wont matter because people dont have the money to fight the courts

Maybe i am putting fear into people here i don't mean to its just some people

Dont know the Consequences most think they will get a court Appointed Lawyer and they will take it to the supreme Court

If you look it up you wont find 1 court appointed Lawyer that has gone their(supreme court)

Dont post false hope some may get lucky some may not it just not worth the chance

Hey Bob, Great words of wisdom.

Someone in a fit of rage, using a sock full of batteries, will not likely kill and maim nearly as many innocents as that same individual in that same fit of rage using a machine gun.

That is the point. It is not to remove guns from responsible citizens or even calculating psychopaths (as they will resort to other methods of killing, per Caveat). The attempt is to limit the access to weapons of mass carnage to the mentally unstable. So, if/when a person like that snaps out and tries to take dozens along on his suicide trip, he doesn't have ready access to the machine gun. Yes, he may still have his fists or the batteries but that is a trade-off that I would like to see.

Also, yes, it will take years for things to improve as there are so many assault weapons already out there. Can adding more and more weapons with greater killing power to our society, really be the better solution?

Good point. The short name for it is harm reduction, and It will be incremental,

My eleventh grandchild will be born in March. The priority here is to keep all of my people safe from freaks carrying guns.

Christine. You are continuing to hide behind your fallacies. But then maybe you are not up to the task to identify them and/or you do not possess the integrity to argue without them.

Edited by GregS

Mohawk, the reason why you have to go through tests to get a drivers license is because driving is a privilage, owning and retaining guns is right under the constitution, something you obviously know nothing about. Anyone who would so full heartedly, give up/throw out RIGHTS granted under the constitution, needs to take a course on the founding of our county.

If your so outraged for the children why not focus your efforts on creating a mass transit system & outlaw cars, as auto accidents killed 4,564 children in 2009. Or how about focusing your efforts on the pharmacutical industries, Who killed 9,143 children in 2009, through posioning(side effects and overdose). compaired to 565 children mudered By guns in 2011, Or the 129 children that died in gun accidents(2010) or the 749 children that took their lives with a gun(2010).

the truth is i know why people are so full heartedly focused the one issue which protected by the constitution and that is because the news presented to them by corporate media focuses them on that issue. I do mean both sides of corporate media. Cnn, msnbc generally favor gun control and provide "evidence" by flooding images of these school shootings all day long. Then fox says that we need regulation on certain people, not others, while saying most people with guns(and more notedbly money) are responsible and they just like to hunt or shoot recreationally. When the truth is the right to bear arms was written into our constitution NOT for hunting and NOT for recreation.

Ohh i took all my numbers from site that favor gun control so ppl cant whine. Citied:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/12/21/child-gun-deaths-newtown_n_2347920.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/04/16/prescription-drug-abuse-poisoning-deaths-children_n_1429458.html

And heres a good article about big phara And gun violence:

http://www.omsj.org/issues/pharmaceuticals/side-effects-death

When the truth is the right to bear arms was written into our constitution NOT for hunting and NOT for recreation.

So then, why do you need the guns if not for those two reasons? Besides hunting, as I'm assuming that was lumped into "recreation" as I don't know anyone subsistence hunting in the US.

PB is right. And WE don't have to give up anything because of Adam Lanza. That is ridiculous. Like many others have pointed out there are a ton of creative ways to kill people en mass besides a Bushmaster. say you put concrete barriers in front of schools, what would stop someone from plying thru a crowd at a parade, or a festival? Nothing. Also nothing stopping a nut from making one hell of a car bomb, they do it all the time all over the world. There is nothing stopping it from happening here. Do not be so quick to give up your own rights let alone others.

Yes, people can kill many ways. Let's all do our best to address the problem, ok?

Let's take one of their convenient options away and keep the assault rifles and mega magazines as far out of reach as possible. In fact, let's not sell any more of these to American civilians.

To say people can kill many ways so let's not bother to eliminate one of the biggest ways, is sort of foolish. Why not eliminate an easy path to mass murder? So we don't stop all killings with this solution, only some.

Again, speak up and tell us all why, if you feel an actual need to have automatic weapons and 30 shot magazines for pistols.

So then, why do you need the guns if not for those two reasons? Besides hunting, as I'm assuming that was lumped into "recreation" as I don't know anyone subsistence hunting in the US.

Celliah, if im the one who has to tell you the reason why our forfathers put the right the bear arms into the constituion then you obviously you need to go back to school or your a just spook...(which i highly doubt so, look in a history book) Further more, you saying you dont know anyone who subsistence hunts, is only a further attestaion to the small world you live in.

To say people can kill many ways so let's not bother to eliminate one of the biggest ways, is sort of foolish. Why not eliminate an easy path to mass murder? So we don't stop all killings with this solution,

And again the facts go in one ear and out the other. look at the numbers, maybe several times.

If a mass murder wants a fully automatic weapon he needs only a trip to any gun/sporting good store, a few hundred dollars and a file. And how do i know this?it came from an individual who worked for the ATF. pretty basic bunny muffin. Yet you claim that, making automatic wepons illegal for law abiding citizens will some how stop that.

Buying into a whats being sold to you because if you didnt the world would be a much scarier place, is what cowards & pawns do. I was raised with much more gurth than that.

548971_446971045335810_1375452182_n.jpg

Yes, people can kill many ways. Let's all do our best to address the problem, ok?

Let's take one of their convenient options away and keep the assault rifles and mega magazines as far out of reach as possible. In fact, let's not sell any more of these to American civilians.

To say people can kill many ways so let's not bother to eliminate one of the biggest ways, is sort of foolish. Why not eliminate an easy path to mass murder? So we don't stop all killings with this solution, only some.

Again, speak up and tell us all why, if you feel an actual need to have automatic weapons and 30 shot magazines for pistols.

original.pnghitler-231x300.jpegGUNS.jpgswitzerland-guns-capita-usa-control-politics-1342993924.jpg40b7fdf5835584cf7b0afe59ccd786e6.jpg196089_10151250097785896_49451075_n.png Edited by knucklehead bob

So for home protection .. would you advocate a mussel loader?

When they are coming at you in the middle of the night. .. At that kind of moment, how many limits do you want?

I want hand grenades and a mini gun .. I want the deck stacked in my favor .. to the max.

I don't hunt. The only thing I want weapons for is for scum like that. Yes .. to shoot humans.

When it comes time to drop the hammer, it's over. For ANYTHING else .. They stay out of sight.

I tell you what .. figure out the maximum firepower that rippers can bring and limit me to that. Could a ripper have a 30 round clip?

Here we go, letting reality slip away one post at a time.

The reality is that a young man sprayed hundreds of rounds on 6 and 7 year old children. Gun owners(smart ones) know that you need big clips to accomplish this type of extermination shooting. Just take a step back and see that this is your place to shine. Give up your banana clips. Use your head and remind yourself that you can still have two 15 round clips instead of your 30's. What did you give up? Nothing really, unless you want to exterminate people.

Now we can move forward with smart moves for school security and mental health.

There, that's how it's done, not stonewalling, making smart decisions. The hand writing is on the wall. Be part of the solution.