What Type Of Access Do Patients Want?

Btw, sorry mibrains,... you just happen to end up in my quotes. No necessarily directed at ya. :-)

thanks mal

i appreciate that...

yes i have met with peter pettalia.

hes my rep.

we attended a luncheon and he sat with me because one of my best friends is an inspiring politician and is working under his wing somewhat. i keep trying to talk him out of it.. :)

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not the vocal one we(I) worry about.

Those arent hte ones to watch.

Such as, who can tell me who ACTUALLY has been writing the ordinance languages, that we all hate so much, for these municiplities?

Ya think the municipalites are making this stuff up on their own?

Who is actually writing those ordinances and lobbying communitities to get them passed,... or offering solutions to problems?

If you can't answer that, you really have no clue what is actually going on around you and your opinion about how this legislation will play out is as good as a child playing int he grass.

Mal

I do not have any specific financial interest in this. I know people that do. I think that additional revenues can help local communities. I believe that auxiliary businesses will open and provide jobs. I like to give my Pts free meds and still pay for my time and cost. I wouldn't mind working in a buisness related to something that I am passionate about. I have the same financial interests as anybody else that is alive. To provide for myself and take care of my loved ones.

I do all the research I can and speak to many people. I keep my anonymity as intact as I possibly can. I don't share my conversations with anybody outside of the conversation. I respect the confidence that I am entrusted with. I write letters/emails and try to contribute where I can. I don't have any interest in peoples opinions that I already know. It Should be no surprise what vocal opponents of anything related to marijuana want.

Its cool fire,...

I wish as i do for everyone that they are able to utilize the law as passed as safely and successfully as possible.

:-)

Its not the vocal one we(I) worry about.

Those arent hte ones to watch.

Such as, who can tell me who ACTUALLY has been writing the ordinance languages, that we all hate so much, for these municiplities?

Ya think the municipalites are making this stuff up on their own?

Who is actually writing those ordinances and lobbying communitities to get them passed,... or offering solutions to problems?

If you can't answer that, you really have no clue what is actually going on around you and your opinion about how this legislation will play out is as good as a child playing int he grass.

agreed mal

when i sat in with my township officials it became clear the author of the white paper was to blame for our ordinance.

they scripted it verbatim in my township even tho many of us were there to object to the ordinance..

Yes. Such as a delivery service, a compassion club, a farmers market, a genetic repository, breeding for hire, testing services, and other related entities. The MMMA is dominant over this. Whatever protections Sec 4 and Sec 8 offer to the MMMA Cg/Pt model are still there.

Tell that to the cop standing on your porch telling you that you got 'regulated'. They take any wording and run with it. Just like the dream chasers on our side of the fence. If the definition of the bill says that it regulates 'like entities' then you better believe they will include caregivers. Some city will, no doubt. Every city that wants a foothold will. We already know that from past experiences. Give them an 'in' and they run with it. Regulation controlled by municipalities is an 'in' that we don't want or need.

Go ahead and tell a prosecutor that the MMMA trumps anything. They will act like they don't understand what you just said.

agreed mal

when i sat in with my township officials it became clear the author of the white paper was to blame for our ordinance.

they scripted it verbatim in my township even tho many of us were there to object to the ordinance..

Gerald Fisher. Yes. He is one of the poeple involved in drafting crap ordinances. WHo pays him to do so?

Who are the other people/groups/organizations/businesses who are peddling their ordinance languages?

Heh.

Everyone is looking at the great oz, but noone is looking behind the curtain. The same remains true for the people pushing this dispensary bill.

Who is behind the curtain?

Hahaha.... get informed people.

Edited by Malamute

As it has been introduced, this bill defines a PC as a commercial entity. It also uses the definition of a Pt and Cg from the MMMA. They are different entities per this act. So that will not allow a local municipality to regulate the MMMA Pt/Cg model. I understand your concerns though. I will state for the record that they are not trivial concerns and should be taken seriously.

If a regulation is imposed on a local level that is outside of the authority given to them, it is much easier to get that changed/reversed and the offending party held accountable.

They always are reaching way beyond the authority they really have and we can't ever hold anyone accountable. If this bill passes prepare to be regulated down to the seed by anyone who has a mind to do it. We are unregulated at the present time. We fought this battle before and we can expect to fight it again. No regulation of 'like entities'. We enjoy a scenario free of regulation and anything else would be a terrible loss.

http://wkar.org/post...-marijuana-laws

Hmm, heres NPRA's lobbyist/legislative liason suggestin marijuana being sold at a caregivers house is dangerous and unsafe for children. We need to get it out of our neighbourhoods.

*shrug*

And you guys support this view?

This was new, but i can drowned you all in these type of references to the dangers of Cg's and why we need to take CG's out of our community.

Edited by Malamute

Did anyone hear the interview with Rep Carlton (sp?) on Michigan Radio today? He is a repub from nashville, which I think is in SW Mich. I wish I could have taken notes, but I was driving at the time. In summary, he stated the following:

• I introduced a dispensing bill last year, but I was a freshman, and I didn't know exactly how the process worked and the bill was introduced late and never got a hearing. It died.
  • This time around I was approached by colleagues from both sides of the aisle. We have support of 8 repubs and 8 dems, ranging fro the most liberal to the most conservative
  • I voted NO on the MMMA
  • I am a chiropractor, my dad was a DO, his dad was an MD. My family takes care of people. That's what we do.
  • I was chiropractoring a patient who told me he was recently diagnosed with liver cancer... and he told me how MMJ helped him
  • I was chiropractoring another patient who told me of an old lady she knows who weighs probably less than 90 pounds and was getting MMJ from a dispensary, but the dispensaries closed and she can't find a CG
  • There are not enough caregivers
  • Even if she finds a CG, it will take months to get plants finished. She will be dead by then.
  • A light bulb went off.
  • If people voted to allow the very sick to use cannabis, then we ought to find ways to make it available to them.
  • Some LEOs complain that people get cards to use recreationally. I don't see that as a big deal. There isn't really any harm there.
  • It would be wrong to shut down the program just because some people abuse it.
  • I believe this will be fast-tracked to a hearing.

That's about it. You could probably find the entire interview on-line, but my take on it was that he did a very good job of pitching his bill. This is not my endorsement; this is my summary. :)

Blaming a mysterious cg for the death of a lady.

Nice.

I hear all this nonsense regularly. And who is telling him to say these things?

Cg's are dangerous? Caregivers are incompetent? W

hy would it take months to get medicine to a patient if you are an established caregiver? Nonsense. Takes the EXACT same time at a dispensary as it does an established pt/cg. 20 business day etc. new patient..blah blah

And then he gives numbers where only 1 in 3 patients have caregivers; thinking that first of all, most caregivers i know are patients as well(20,000), and how many patients do not need no stinkin arse caregivers. :-)

Do we need more CG's? yes.

O well.

Get out the popcorn. It has only just begun. I am saving my powder for when it counts.

Edited by Malamute

Who is this Robin Schneider ditz?

"I have a copy of the bill with me, 4251 or, wait 4257? I think that's it"

If you are going on a radio show to discuss a bill, wouldn't you know what bill it is?

She is the legislative liason/lobbyist for this bill we speak of. Working for NPRA. Used to represent MACC. And patriot to how transfers of medical marijuana is dangerous for children. hahaha...

Be aware.

Edited by Malamute

"You're creating a circumstance that could encourage criminality," said Robert Mullen, a Farmington Hills attorney for the Detroit-based National Patients Rights Association, which advocates for tightly regulated medical marijuana dispensing. "If this is going to be medicine, why not treat it like medicine?"

Nationally, some advocates are pushing for state-level medical marijuana distribution systems on par with alcohol and tobacco oversight — and taxes to pay for the government regulation.

"It's difficult for me to understand how anybody could propose that medicine should be grown by amateurs in basements," said Steve DeAngelo, whose Oakland, Calif., medical marijuana dispensary was chronicled on the Discovery Channel's "Weed Wars" reality TV show.

"(Dispensaries) will eliminate, quite frankly, a lot of the backroom dealings that happen frequently," said Matthew Newburg,

Add in they say medical marijuana is too dangerous for children to have it grown in communities and having a caregiver next door is dangerous etc etc.

Be Aware.

Edited by Malamute

Remember, this is who you are supporting ....

http://www.mlive.com...roup_court.html

Medical marijuana group: Court decision will force pot into neighborhoods 2011

A spokesperson for the Michigan Association of Compassion Centers said Wednesday's Court of Appeals ruling will force medical marijuana transfers and deliveries into neighborhoods and gas station parking lots.

The ruling declared sales of medical marijuana illegal.

"It's horrible," Robin Schneider, the association's spokesperson, said. "My biggest concern right now(notice it isnt the patients) is that what they have done is they have made a decision that will in fact shut down the dispensaries."

Lansing is currently processing applications for 48 or so dispensaries under its new medical marijuana ordinance. How this court decision will impact the process is unknown as of yet, but it's expected to impact the market for dispensaries immediately.

Schneider's argument, and one that dispensary owners will likely make, is that no caregiver is likely to open a free dispensary. That, she says, is where the trouble will start.

"This will create situations where people are selling marijuana in their neighborhoods," she said. When it was pointed out that selling medical marijuana would still be illegal, she responded that absent dispensaries, caregivers wouldn't be held accountable to their patients and would simply abscond with their crop to the streets.

Schneider said that since caregivers will be able to make money selling medical marijuana on the street, a fair amount will do so.

"Caregivers are going to disappear and sell that bunny muffin on the street" come harvest time, she said. She said even under the current system, patients complain of caregivers who simply disappear once the crop is ready. The assumption is that they, too, are selling the drug on the black market(yea, to dispensaries). And while it's a problem now, it will only be made worse.

Even without the temptation to parlay a caregiving license into a moneymaking venture, Schneider said without dispensaries, delivery and transfer of medical marijuana will have to happen somewhere.

Her fear is that it will happen in neighborhoods and expose patients and caregivers to greater risks.

"Little old ladies are going to be meeting on street corners to get their medicine," she said, making them easy targets for crime.

"Dispensaries create safe access to medicine," Schneider said. Her organization endorses a code of ethics aimed at keeping medical marijuana on the up-and-up.

The association filed an amicus brief in the case the court ruled on today, and plans to appeal.

Still, Schneider said her organization wants more regulation for dispensaries, and wants to work with lawmakers to find a solution that preserves access and makes it more uniform.

"[Dispensaries] should look, appear and operate like a pharmacy," she said. "They should have well-lit parking lots, security and inventory." The benefit of such a system – or even the current, flawed dispensary system – is that police officers are able to monitor the businesses.

IN a booming market, that's necessary.

"With 100,000 medical marijuana patients, there's just not that many people that are involved in this out of the goodness of their heart," Schneider said.

She said she knows there are good caregivers, but that without dispensaries, and with more transactions taking place in neighborhoods, police will be unable to monitor and enforce the law when it comes to the bad apples in the bunch.

Edited by Malamute