Two Year Cards ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PB, thanks for fighting the good fight, but LARA has administrative rules and they made one that says there are new forms for the 2 year cards.  That is the end of the matter, if you want a two year card, you follow their rules and use the two year forms.  And yes, it is right in the Act that they make the administrative rules.

Dr. Bob

PB, thanks for fighting the good fight, but LARA has administrative rules and they made one that says there are new forms for the 2 year cards.  That is the end of the matter, if you want a two year card, you follow their rules and use the two year forms.  And yes, it is right in the Act that they make the administrative rules.

Dr. Bob

Those rules can NOT violate the law itself.

The law says two years. LARA seems to say "we're above the law."

got my first card today. sent in the paperwork on the 23rd of march. card was issued on 4/08 but is still a one year card. presumably because i did not use the new two year forms when i filled out my application. would have liked a two year card but one year will have to do. now to find a caregiver. 

sucks that im going to be moving in two months. i'll have to send in a change form and wait for a new card to come in the mail. until that new card comes is my old one still effective? I know I should carry around a copy of the change form just in case there are any problems with LEOs but as long as they have my patient ID they will be able to verify that i am a legal cardholder, right? 

also, say I move and mail in a change form. then sometime before the new card comes I find a caregiver and fill out another change form, will i get two cards in the mail one with the new address then one listing the caregiver. I know the most recent card is the valid one but just wondering if they would a new card for each change form or what...

It's not likely that I'll find a caregiver anytime soon as I'm looking for one that can take me on as free or seriously discounted. Plus I should probably look for one up north by TC which is where I'm moving. I have family in gladwin county so somebody from there might work out. I would just get my meds when I visited the fams. 

mostly im concerned about the effectiveness of my card after I move, i need to know that I have a section 4 defense as long as I have a card with my patient ID on it. 

got my first card today. sent in the paperwork on the 23rd of march. card was issued on 4/08 but is still a one year card. presumably because i did not use the new two year forms when i filled out my application. would have liked a two year card but one year will have to do. now to find a caregiver. 

sucks that im going to be moving in two months. i'll have to send in a change form and wait for a new card to come in the mail. until that new card comes is my old one still effective? I know I should carry around a copy of the change form just in case there are any problems with LEOs but as long as they have my patient ID they will be able to verify that i am a legal cardholder, right? 

also, say I move and mail in a change form. then sometime before the new card comes I find a caregiver and fill out another change form, will i get two cards in the mail one with the new address then one listing the caregiver. I know the most recent card is the valid one but just wondering if they would a new card for each change form or what...

It's not likely that I'll find a caregiver anytime soon as I'm looking for one that can take me on as free or seriously discounted. Plus I should probably look for one up north by TC which is where I'm moving. I have family in gladwin county so somebody from there might work out. I would just get my meds when I visited the fams. 

mostly im concerned about the effectiveness of my card after I move, i need to know that I have a section 4 defense as long as I have a card with my patient ID on it. 

yep, yep, yep and good luck on the free mm hehehehe!

You will get your change of adress card, but the card you hold now is good until you get your new card, than the first card is null and void, and when you find that fantasy c.g who is gonna give you free mm, you will send in another change form and when that card comes all others are null and void, I had the same thing going in like the 2nd yr, it was taking for ever to get a card, first I moved, than I quit my c.g, and than I found another c.g, so when the cards were taking like 6 months to get, I was waiting on 4 cards, and I didnt care!

If your lucky you may get a c.g who lets you come help trim plants at crop time and give you some for helping, just one of my light bulbs cost 80 bucks, now imagine some one with 8 to 10 bulbs, mh and hps bulbs, now add the ballasts, the fans, the inline fans, the a.c, the nutes, and the electric, good luck getting it free!

Peace

Jim

I just sent for my renewal appointment and I assume it will be 2 year card since it is after april 1st. Am I correct for thinking this I think it will be great to have a 2 year card.

No you are not correct.

It currently depends on weather your doctor signed the new letter or the old one.

If you sent in the old style form, you only get a one year card. If you send in the new style form they give you the two year card.

The law doesn't allow them to do it that way .. but hey .. when did the law ever bother the state?

I sent in my renewal April 1 on old form.....check was cashed in 8 days .....card arrived today and it is TWO YEAR CARD!!!!!!!!

So, it was fine to use the old form, sent it April 1, the day my old card expired, and received a 2 year card. Yippee!!!!! Also, I did not send in a copy of the back of my license and it still went through.

Edited by janefacej

I sent in my renewal April 1 on old form.....check was cashed in 8 days .....card arrived today and it is TWO YEAR CARD!!!!!!!!

So, it was fine to use the old form, sent it April 1, the day my old card expired, and received a 2 year card. Yippee!!!!! Also, I did not send in a copy of the back of my license and it still went through.

awww im gonna squeel on you!  lmao

Congrats, im looking forward to dec 1 a 2 yr card will be awsome!

Can I ask you a question?  I hope you said yes!  do you know where the fox golf course is, its a par 3 in roscomon county on flint rd.

Peace

Jim

Edited by phaquetoo

awww im gonna squeel on you!  lmao

Congrats, im looking forward to dec 1 a 2 yr card will be awsome!

Can I ask you a question?  I hope you said yes!  do you know where the fox golf course is, its a par 3 in roscomon county on flint rd.

Peace

Jim

Jim, yes, I do, we're you asking me about Roscommon and why?

Ok...Got my renewal,. Didn't expire until 6/1/13. Sent in all, with old app. forms the last week of March. Got card today. It's good for 2 years. dude.gifl_f8636c68c79d4db5b0c7cee6a2aa7a87.gif

The bouquet of flowers is for the ladies.

BoK-1.jpg

Edited by idge