Couple Notes From The Hash Bash

Went down to hear the speakers and check out the booths at the Monroe St. Fair.

Jamie Lowell talked of patients needing safe access because after the MSC ruling they were being forced to "dangerous dealings" and had no other choice.

Was able to loudly boo both Drew Driver and Robin Schneider From the front of the pack. Got lots of looks from people with those. Good thing about free, open events, they can't kick you out. From the looks of a few I think some would have liked to have kicked me out.

At the Monroe St. Fair the first booth I came across was the Mediswipe booth. Actually trying to sell T-shirts that said "I got swiped at the Hash Bash". WTF?

Left with a very bad taste in my mouth from all the swindlers trying to swindle.

Edit: Oh yeah Charmie Gholsten? Told the crowd the state accepted PTSD and Parkinsons. Why do ignorant people spew stuff they don't even know about. LARA has not accepted anything from what I've been told. Just recommended from the panel.

Edited by shishka

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Jamies comment about "dangerous dealings" I was able to shout at the top of my lungs "I'm not a danger, I'm a caregiver!" Was heard by most of the people in the front there.

Really left there quite pissed to be honest. Oh to be young and just want to party....

Sounds like standard fare.

I've asked them to stop degrading Cg's and the current program.  Not going to happen. *shrug*

Patients already have safe access from their family members, friends and compasionate caregivers.

I mean, it isnt like these dispensaries havent been robbed and people tied up and shite.  Bleh. Jerks.

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth too shiska.  Greed. Naivete.

And taxes?  To hell with taxes. Just let it grow baby!

It's just too bad that there was no one to represent the farmer. The ones making this program work. Not one single "We need to protect caregivers".

Nice speech from Micheal K, just would have been nice to feel like someone was thinking about the little guy. That would have went a long way towards getting me to donate (largely) to the MMMA.

Any specifics on what Drew said that made you boo would be greatly appreciated. Not insinuating you were wrong to boo just unable to attend and seeking info.

No specifics. I was booing before he said a word. The fact that he is involved with NPRA is all I need to know that he is not for caregivers and willing to throw them under the bus to get what he want's.

I've heard his "legislative liaison" continually bash caregivers as unsafe unstable and not adequate. Safe to say it's personal at this point.

I've gone back and forth as to what side of this argument I believe. I've seen Jamie on here in the last month saying things like the Ypsi ordinance was unfortunate and never his intention. I've seen him asked to stop the rhetoric and yet there he was today slamming caregivers AGAIN.

Lots of talk today about "the man" and how he's been sticking it to us for so long. Look behind the curtain to see who today's "man" is.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I don't get it Mike. Are you not a caregiver?

ah yeah, but I was hoping for real info not someone priding himself on being a heckler.

I would have asked and responded the same if it was Bill Schuette giving a speech. Just trying to stay current, many of the players have adjusted their stances several times over the past several years and knowing is half the battle as they say.

Drew is caregiver as well, failing to see the significance of your question

Edited by michaelscott

Some of us have always been consistant. :-)

From what I know you have been very consistent, in regards to the law.

I can pull a quote from you after jc was dethroned stating you would not be coming back to this site regardless of who the new management was, yeah nitpicking lol

I am antagonistic today, michigan got me stressing I think

ah yeah, but I was hoping for real info not someone priding himself on being a heckler.

I know right? The nerve of me. I suppose when getting fooked without my permission I should just be quiet and hope its over quickly and doesn't hurt too bad.

To exercise my right to speak up, what an azz I am.

From what I know you have been very consistent, in regards to the law.

I can pull a quote from you after jc was dethroned stating you would not be coming back to this site regardless of who the new management was, yeah nitpicking lol

I am antagonistic today, michigan got me stressing I think

Yea yea yea... ya got me.

I used to kinda like Asparagus too, but have grown tired of it.  :butt2:

But definitely. Trying to pin down most peoples positions is like trying to step on the same piece of water twice.

hash bash rocked, had huge turn out. i know people will complain and moan about some peoples speeches....get the f from behind your computer and speak to the crowd. That seems to be the consistent part mals talking about, no one here does anything other than talk sht about other peoples efforts. I hear lots of people on here object to so and so's speech or interview ect. why is it ive never heard your speech?

Hash bash has been a huge part of the marijuana movement for a lot longer that some folks on this site.

Last time I was there some drunken idiot was talking and spit in my face  as I walked by. The hash bash is a joke. It's odd that some condemn the current act when they are supplying their shops with caregivers meds. So CAREGIVERS STOP selling your meds to them?!   It is a small group of people that are spewing the crap that we hear about caregivers and dangerous back alley shite in the name of patients. It's getting old. Give it a rest Frank!  MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY! MONEY...

hash bash rocked, had huge turn out. i know people will complain and moan about some peoples speeches....get the f from behind your computer and speak to the crowd. That seems to be the consistent part mals talking about, no one here does anything other than talk sht about other peoples efforts. I hear lots of people on here object to so and so's speech or interview ect. why is it ive never heard your speech?

Hash bash has been a huge part of the marijuana movement for a lot longer that some folks on this site.

It is about legalization, or used to be.

Now it is about provisioning centers, as they clearly hijacked the proceedings.  When you have the A2 Guild, the A2 dispensaries, the Ypsi dispensaries so near by, it is obvious they took advantage of the opportunity.  Jamie is all over the board on his opinions.  Some hear one side of Jamie some days, others hear other sides on other days.  The bottom line for me is that as long as 4271 allows "cultivation" by dispensaries, and unlimited transfers between dispensaries, and sale of clones (should be seeds only), and they put themselves in a legal situation above any patient or caregiver.... well I will testify in opposition...

Same old boring speakers at HB with serious self interests presented that they wish to push.  Drew is a nice guy, but I can't stand the positions he and NPRA put forth.  Nothing personal, I just disagree with his viewpoint.

Well,... did gay pride parades hurt the gay movement?

I dunno. Hard to say.

I agree that there was a change in message used at the Hash Bash. 

But, it is about legalization(supposed to be) and well,... these are our gay priders out there in their frilly feather scarves and exposed butt cheeks leather pants expressing themselves tht they are here, they are queer and they are here to stay.

I say , more power to them.  I just find it bad when they try to crossover to medical cannabis and muddle the message of both similar yet unique movements.