Funding The Carruthers Appeal

Your initial draft is very good, however, I would like to suggest you change the following sentence to read "Patients undergoing cancer treatment often use a cannabis extract (some refer to this as “Rick Simpson Oil”) to help treat their symptoms."

I would also change "business" to "facility" or "Medical Marijuana friendly business establishment."

Thank you for your dedication NG, you have put a great deal of thought, time and effort into this.  It is dedicated people such as yourself who will get the job done, you truly are an asset to this community. 

I agree on "cannabis extract".  Thank you!   

I do not like "facility" any more than the implications of "business".  I think we will go with "medical marijuana friendly business"   :)

Thank you for the kind words!   I did not find as much time to play with the flyer as I had hoped. The information needs to get out there and I have a meeting tomorrow night where I would like to share it.    I think the more people understand something and how it relates to them, the more they may be willing to help.

It may be prudent to add that MoneyPak can be used for those who do not have a Pay Pal

account or prefer not to use thier personal Pay Pal account ?

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/greendot-moneypak

Just a thought and thanks to the person who 1st. offered that info... sorry that I don't recall

who, lol.

Still might be something to add on the flyer ?

Great job northerngal :thumbsu:

and everyone else putting forth what they're able to :jig:

ATTENTION!

All MI Medical Marijuana Patients and Caregivers:

The MI Court of Appeals has ruled that all cannabis extracts and concentrates are not considered “usable marijuana” and not covered under (section 4 name of bill).

(People of MI. VS. Earl Cantrell Carruthers ~ COA Case#: 309987~ Decision:7/12/13 )

This means that ALL FORMS OF CANNABIS CONCENTRATES are considered ILLEGAL!

Your support is needed to fight for MI medical marijuana patient rights!

This case is being taken to the MI Supreme Court and the fate of your legal protection under (section 4 name of  bill) is at stake!

Your financial support is needed to ensure MI medical marijuana patient rights are represented by the most capable attorneys!

(link for donation)

(donate directly to lawyer?)

(link to thread with info)

How this effects the MI Medical Marijuana Community:

Patients undergoing a variety of treatments (including cancer) often require cannabis extractions and concentrates. Many patients rely on utilizing forms of medical marijuana other than dried flowers and leaf for their treatment strategy. This ruling has stripped away MI medical marijuana patients ability to to chose the most effective forms of cannabis treatment, without the risk of prosecution.

Your financial support is required to fund the Carruthers Appeal:

The Michigan Medical Marijuana community is fighting back! With encouragement from the community, Earl Carruthers, the defendant in this case, has agreed to take this case to The Supreme Court. A team of attorneys has been assembled including some of the best medical marijuana attorneys in the state.

We believe that the voters intended for patients to be able to utilize the most effective forms of cannabis treatments available. We want to be able to utilize our medicine to its full potential! We need this case to be heard before the Supreme Court! This ruling needs to be overturned! This requires your support!

A Paypal account has been setup to collect donations to fund this case. We have been diligently raising funds and awareness, but we need your help! The estimated cost of this appeal is approximately $20,000. Mr. Carruthers can not do this alone.

PLEASE DONATE TODAY!

Each and every dollar helps to protect MI medical marijuana patient rights!

Share this information with every patient, caregiver, or medical marijuana friendly organization you know!

To donate via Paypal, use address: CarruthersAppeal@gmail.com

^^ Here's another adjustment.

Edited by in vivo

Thanks NG. I played around with it a bit. I had the top section centered. I won't be offended if it doesn't fit your needs.

I agree about the anonymous, bank less, moneypak info. ;)

The top sentence/header is centered on the document.  It lost that formatting when copy/paste was used to share it here.   Thank you!  :)

As far as your second revision, too cluttered and disorganized for my needs.   The point of my flyer was to be easy to understand, but to contain sufficient information about the case and who it impacts.   Over using bold text and exclamation points takes away from the points needing to be made.  Centering it all makes it hard to understand.  It should be kept to one page without being too small.   Often times, I see advertisements and flyers out in the community that appear to have been done by  (how to put this nicely)......a young child.  Cluttered, disorganized and lack of structure.   Everything we do/don't do and put out there is a reflection on the community.  Perhaps I am overly analytical??  

To be honest, anyone can make up a flyer to distribute.  Personally, I do not think anyone cares and the point here is raising awareness for the case/fundraiser.  Print one that is easy for you to understand and distribute or create your own. 

I think that I will utilize the edited version in my original post. (taking some suggestions from Herb Cannabis)  I will attach the formatted, printable version here for anyone wishing to utilize it.   It is one sided, black and white for ease of printing. 

Making things clear, concise, and easy is often the way I have found to get the most done when asking for help.  If you make something easy to understand, present it concisely and make it easy for people to do, often times you get much more interest/help.  Memory issues and comprehension can also make patience a virtue in dealing with the medical marijuana community.  (Not meant to be condescending, rude or insulting at all) 

The whole point here is to get the information out there.  Share this case.  If you can not print out information to distribute, you can use other forms of sharing.  (Facebook, blogs, other websites) 

As far as your second revision, too cluttered and disorganized for my needs.   The point of my flyer was to be easy to understand, but to contain sufficient information about the case and who it impacts.   Over using bold text and exclamation points takes away from the points needing to be made.  Centering it all makes it hard to understand.  It should be kept to one page without being too small.   Often times, I see advertisements and flyers out in the community that appear to have been done by  (how to put this nicely)......a young child.  Cluttered, disorganized and lack of structure.   Everything we do/don't do and put out there is a reflection on the community.  Perhaps I am overly analytical??

I agree to an extent.

It's bold so that a person can see highlighted issues from a distance. It's unfortunate, but most people won't spend the time to read a page of text if it doesn't grab their attention. Formatting is largely immaterial, but I agree that it's important to present the information in a succinct manner. The basic idea of the formatting is more important than my attempt at it. What I was trying to do was format it in a way that allows a person to understand the relevance in any individual sentence at the top of the page. Get all the most important information in the first section, then follow up with a more detailed description. This type of format can also be a front and back of a 4 square, which will save on printing costs.

More power to whatever works best for you.

Edited by in vivo

I agree to an extent.

It's bold so that a person can see highlighted issues from a distance. It's unfortunate, but most people won't spend the time to read a page of text if it doesn't grab their attention. Formatting is largely immaterial, but I agree that it's important to present the information in a succinct manner. The basic idea of the formatting is more important than my attempt at it. What I was trying to do was format it in a way that allows a person to understand the relevance in any individual sentence at the top of the page. Get all the most important information in the first section, then follow up with a more detailed description. This type of format can also be a front and back of a 4 square, which will save on printing costs.

More power to whatever works best for you.

When reading my post in your quote, I come off rude and that was not the intent.  Often, I am pressed for time and sometimes too blunt .  My apologies. 

I agree that most people will not stand for 10 minutes to read a flyer, especially at a dispensary.  Mine is meant as a "handout".  Something a person can take and read at home and have the Paypal address handy for donations.  I thought a stand alone flyer for the wall would be useless in my case.  How many are going to take the time to even write down the donation address, much less read it all?  Not too many.  

As we agree, everyone will use whatever works and is easiest for them.  

Edited by northerngal

Why do we have to have the ugly M word on it. Cannabis is much more legitamate?  I'll throw in another 5er for the change or ???  Think Canndee mmmm  without the Cane !   hahahahhhaa

I agree completely on one level but thought the more commonly used term would be more easily recognized.    Personally, I prefer referring to it as cannabis but many recognize the term marijuana and it is the proper name for the act.    I created a second version and eliminated the" M word" and replaced it with the "C word" for those that prefer that.  I will leave both versions available and the user can then decide.

Just as a side note:  A gentlemen called the club one day and asked if he had "The Alpine Medical Cannibal Society".   I gently explained that we were the Alpine Medical Cannabis Society.   Thankfully he clarified that he had the right place and had misspoke. 

The attached PDF is the "cannabis" version of the flyer for those that prefer that term.

Carrutherscannabis.pdf

Edited by northerngal

I agree completely on one level but thought the more commonly used term would be more easily recognized.    Personally, I prefer referring to it as cannabis but many recognize the term marijuana and it is the proper name for the act.    I created a second version and eliminated the" M word" and replaced it with the "C word" for those that prefer that.  I will leave both versions available and the user can then decide.

Just as a side note:  A gentlemen called the club one day and asked if he had "The Alpine Medical Cannibal Society".   I gently explained that we were the Alpine Medical Cannabis Society.   Thankfully he clarified that he had the right place and had misspoke. 

The attached PDF is the "cannabis" version of the flyer for those that prefer that term.

Thank you so much for this, I will print and distribute 500 copies. 

I will be taking them to Cadillac, Reed City, Big Rapids and every where else I go that will take them.  After I have accomplished this task, I will post it back here for all to see (give me a week to 10 days) . 

This will require a great deal of sacrifice on all of our behalves and if this will motivate just one of you to rise to action, it will have been worth it and I thank you.

Awsome ! Thanks NG , just put in a Lg szz Blk 3e ... gonna see what it looka like ...

hmmm Hey how about this one Pure MI cannD!  

It just so happens that I was hitting my Squirt when I read this, it made me laugh and then I had to clean my monitor! lol

Thank you so much for this, I will print and distribute 500 copies. 

I will be taking them to Cadillac, Reed City, Big Rapids and every where else I go that will take them.  After I have accomplished this task, I will post it back here for all to see (give me a week to 10 days) . 

This will require a great deal of sacrifice on all of our behalves and if this will motivate just one of you to rise to action, it will have been worth it and I thank you.

It just so happens that I was hitting my Squirt when I read this, it made me laugh and then I had to clean my monitor! lol

Mission accomplished - I had 500 copies printed this morning and I delivered them to every head shop, grow store, tattoo parlor and dispensary in Wexford, Osceola and Mecosta County.  I printed the CNN special with Dr. Gupta with his letter of apology and handed them out as well, one heck of a day and worth every minute and mile. 

I will also mail a copy of the CNN Gupta special to every doctor and hospital administrator I can.

NOTICE:  I'm not wanting any pat's on the back.  I just want to help and maybe set a positive example that there is something that we all can do.

My next plan is to beg my friends and family to pitch in a few bucks.

Thank you all for what you are doing to help the sick and dying.

Last night half of AMCS's public meeting centered around the impact of this decision.

I showed a news clip regarding 3 year old Landon Riddle, his battle with Leukemia and his regimen of cannabis oil.  We discussed extractions and how important they are to many within the community.  I shared the contents of the informational flyer/handout.  We discussed why it was so necessary to help in this case and its impact on the community.  

50 flyers were taken by participants with plans of redistribution.   I will have plenty more copied and available at AMCS for those who are unable to print/copy them. 

Edited by northerngal

Stuart Friedman, Michael, and Neil worked very hard to get the Application For Leave To Appeal in by its due date yesterday!

Attached is the application for leave to appeal.

A local print shop printed 2,000 4 x 6 bake sale flyers which started to pass out tuesday...plan is to have all the smoke shops, hydro shops, and clubs in Wayne and Oakland county by Sunday. If anyone is in this area and would like to grab some of the 4 x 6 bake sale flyers they can be picked up at 23440 Woodward Ave Ferndale, 48220.

Thank you NG for very informative 1 page flyer....I will get some of these printed also.

Great job to everyone who is DOING SOMETHING! It is a great thing....lets keep up fight.

CarruthersSCApplication 1.2.pdf