Funding The Carruthers Appeal

I posted a couple Bueller comments today. I wonder if you got into my subconscious, or if great minds just think alike.

I'm most interested in donating towards ideas that have the potential to raise more donations. I like the idea of bracelets if people will buy them for $5 ($10 if mailed via USPS). Is that the idea?

Would anyone here buy one? I don't really wear accessories, but I often see others that do.  

I posted a couple Bueller comments today. I wonder if you got into my subconscious, or if great minds just think alike.

I'm most interested in donating towards ideas that have the potential to raise more donations. I like the idea of bracelets if people will buy them for $5 ($10 if mailed via USPS). Is that the idea?

Would anyone here buy one? I don't really wear accessories, but I often see others that do.  

I'll take 2!

We had 3 total donors at the Bake Sale. 2 of 3 were my good friends and are not mmj patients or caregivers. I must admit after spending weeks dropping flyers off at over 10 compassion centers, social media tagging, inviting major medical marijuana organizations, posting on popular mmj blogs, and more including the efforts of those from this thread and ONLY 1 mmj showed up to donate....I was disappointed. 

We did raise a total of 197 dollars from the Bake Sale which brings us closer to our goal of 20,000 and will build on that as a positive as we are closer to our goal than we were before the bake sale.  The Bake Sale donations will be sent to Stuart Friedman paypal directly to avoid extra fees. 

So far as of Aug 28th, 2013 we raised 1,450 that was sent to Stuart and plus bake sale 197 total is 1647 sent for legal support.  

CaveatLector can you give us an update of the amount raised from the CarruthersAppeal paypal since 8/28/13?

The Bake Sale did not meet expectations, however, gonna learn from it and get back pushing for support. Thank you everyone who has given anything for this cause to use edibles and extracts as medicine without fear of arrest, forfeiture, and prosecution.  

The goal is to raise 5,853 by the end of September for a total of 7,500 raised for legal support.  Let's keep up the fight!

I Am Carruthers

We had 3 total donors at the Bake Sale. 2 of 3 were my good friends and are not mmj patients or caregivers. I must admit after spending weeks dropping flyers off at over 10 compassion centers, social media tagging, inviting major medical marijuana organizations, posting on popular mmj blogs, and more including the efforts of those from this thread and ONLY 1 mmj showed up to donate....I was disappointed. 

We did raise a total of 197 dollars from the Bake Sale which brings us closer to our goal of 20,000 and will build on that as a positive as we are closer to our goal than we were before the bake sale.  The Bake Sale donations will be sent to Stuart Friedman paypal directly to avoid extra fees. 

So far as of Aug 28th, 2013 we raised 1,450 that was sent to Stuart and plus bake sale 197 total is 1647 sent for legal support.  

CaveatLector can you give us an update of the amount raised from the CarruthersAppeal paypal since 8/28/13?

The Bake Sale did not meet expectations, however, gonna learn from it and get back pushing for support. Thank you everyone who has given anything for this cause to use edibles and extracts as medicine without fear of arrest, forfeiture, and prosecution.  

The goal is to raise 5,853 by the end of September for a total of 7,500 raised for legal support.  Let's keep up the fight!

I Am Carruthers

I like your attitude, you remind me that we can never give up.  I applaud your work and can do spirit.  Thank you for your report, it was appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to know how many of us have been harmed by the COA's ruling.  Is there an angle here to go after the COA's ruling?

Secondly, how do I find this post?  I understand that it has been "pinned."  I don't know what "pinned" means nor how to find a subject that has been pinned.  Thank you for your help.

Recent off-line discussions with CL indicate that the last donation received was around September 6.  CL made two transfers to Carruthers' attorneys, totaling $1755.   2 cents remain in the account. 

Maybe that's because CL wants to keep enough funds to give his 2 cents later. 

I hope so.  

But it seems that the donation frenzy has cooled-off, so it might be that this specific effort and the associated paypal account get shut down soon.

I, for one, am a bit disappointed that more stakeholders didn't step up to the plate to donate in the hopes of overturning this travesty of justice.    Northerngal and a few others expressed a concern that Carruthers isn't exactly the post-child for MMJ......   OK....I agree.....  But he is the guy willing to take this case to the max and endure, as Greg Schimd said, the "trauma of litigation." 

Herein lies the problem with MMJ appeals.  The best poster-child to advance an appeal/case law is the frail, little old lady.  But such a patient can't endure the trauma of litigation

So we pick the next best horse to bet on.

I'm more than a little disappointed that more people didn't identify with the need this community has to raise the necessary funds to overturn this terrible COA decision.   $1755 is pretty good...no doubt...but it isn't enough to affect real change.

A few donors stepped up to the plate...and they deserve credit.  But not a lot of people are giving to this effort. 

But if every registered patient and CG could find a way to pony-up 1 Dollar, we would have well over $100,000 to make this bad situation right.

Oh well, it's only sick people.

Yep only sick people........... I do not want to say anything negative in this thread but i absolutly agree with you Highlander. I find it strange.

I hope people keep pushing. I for one have no intentions of stopping the effort.

Edited to add...... Herb pinned means the topic has been stickied to stay at the top of the activism and events forun.  If you open up the Activism and Events forum you will find it always up top.

Edited by ozzrokk

Yep only sick people........... I do not want to say anything negative in this thread but i absolutly agree with you Highlander. I find it strange.

I hope people keep pushing. I for one have no intentions of stopping the effort.

Edited to add...... Herb pinned means the topic has been stickied to stay at the top of the activism and events forun.  If you open up the Activism and Events forum you will find it always up top.

Thank you, I appreciate the information.

Recent off-line discussions with CL indicate that the last donation received was around September 6.  CL made two transfers to Carruthers' attorneys, totaling $1755.   2 cents remain in the account. 

Maybe that's because CL wants to keep enough funds to give his 2 cents later. 

I hope so.  

But it seems that the donation frenzy has cooled-off, so it might be that this specific effort and the associated paypal account get shut down soon.

I, for one, am a bit disappointed that more stakeholders didn't step up to the plate to donate in the hopes of overturning this travesty of justice.    Northerngal and a few others expressed a concern that Carruthers isn't exactly the post-child for MMJ......   OK....I agree.....  But he is the guy willing to take this case to the max and endure, as Greg Schimd said, the "trauma of litigation." 

Herein lies the problem with MMJ appeals.  The best poster-child to advance an appeal/case law is the frail, little old lady.  But such a patient can't endure the trauma of litigation

So we pick the next best horse to bet on.

I'm more than a little disappointed that more people didn't identify with the need this community has to raise the necessary funds to overturn this terrible COA decision.   $1755 is pretty good...no doubt...but it isn't enough to affect real change.

A few donors stepped up to the plate...and they deserve credit.  But not a lot of people are giving to this effort. 

But if every registered patient and CG could find a way to pony-up 1 Dollar, we would have well over $100,000 to make this bad situation right.

Oh well, it's only sick people.

I also would think that he would come here to rally the troops i know if it was i asking for $$ i would come here more then a few times  

Yea its phaqed up!  people dont want to donate to the person, they do want to donate for the ruling to be changed back, yep wrong poster child, but I did my share of donating to this cause, I can no longer take from my family for this, and im not paying interest on a donation! most get to deduct donations, I have to pay my credit cards high interest rates!

best of luck, I guess I wont be making oils and medibles no longer!

Peace

Yea its phaqed up!  people dont want to donate to the person, they do want to donate for the ruling to be changed back, yep wrong poster child, but I did my share of donating to this cause, I can no longer take from my family for this, and im not paying interest on a donation! most get to deduct donations, I have to pay my credit cards high interest rates!

best of luck, I guess I wont be making oils and medibles no longer!

Peace

i won't be going as far as that i just don't think IMHO Leo will not raid someone for a cupcake nor a stick of butter just don't open  up a Bakery you will be fine

This ruling is far beyond you or I or even Carruthers for that matter. Many patients have had their ENTIRE medical use protections stripped by this ruling. It has to get changed.

Bob you should know better than that. They do not have to come looking for a stick of butter. If they come across it that person is going to jail and going to lose alot. Even with that little useless card in hand. You cannot honestly believe that they would not arrest someone for it. You do not have to have a bakery they WILL ARREST you for it. Even if all you are doing is treating your cancer or other illness. I would think you would know that by now.

Edited by ozzrokk

This ruling is far beyond you or I or even Carruthers for that matter. Many patients have had their ENTIRE medical use protections stripped by this ruling. It has to get changed.

Bob you should know better than that. They do not have to come looking for a stick of butter. If they come across it that person is going to jail and going to lose alot. Even with that little useless card in hand. You cannot honestly believe that they would not arrest someone for it. You do not have to have a bakery they WILL ARREST you for it. Even if all you are doing is treating your cancer or other illness. I would think you would know that by now.

Ozz I know it effects the whole program, It suck, I can make butter, but my choice to help was oil and tinctures, I am not going to go to jail any longer, Im done, It realy stinks for the people who need mm the most and cant smoke, I so feel for them, my point is, there will always be some phaq up screwing the rest of us,,,,yes I want the law corrected to back before some one chose to get behind the wheel w/o a liscense with all of them meds, Im not saying im perfect, but you wouldnt catch me dead with that much stuff in my vehicle w/o a liscense, and yes I know before this happened we had a real good thing going for cancer, chrohns, and just about anything with the oil, and not to mentions medibles, It screwed up every person who can not smoke mm, Im sure most of the older folks got into the program because they were told of oils and medibles, and didnt have to smoke it to get the benifits!

Ok I wont trash this thread any longer, Im sorry to all the good people out there, sure wish we could get rid of the bad apples, maybe we need to do our own house cleaning in the program eh?

Peace

Lets please push forward and get this thing fixed.......... The court and their biased ruling is to blame here........... If anyone thinks that if this one guy didnt get caught doing what he was doing then they wouldnt have gone after someone else then you are dilusional. By the way Jim they also outlawed butter.

Please lets keep this moving forward for the sake of many.

Lets please push forward and get this thing fixed.......... The court and their biased ruling is to blame here........... If anyone thinks that if this one guy didnt get caught doing what he was doing then they wouldnt have gone after someone else then you are dilusional. By the way Jim they also outlawed butter.

Please lets keep this moving forward for the sake of many.

Yea Ozz I know they outlawed butter, they outlawed every kind of extractions, now I dont under stand why they would out law the butter or the tinctures or the bubble hash, it is not dangerious to make, butter is only using butter, water and buds and leafs, and I dont beleive it is dangerious to make, bubble hash is only made with the bubble bags and ice and a cake mixer for cryiin out loud, how can that be dangerious, as I understand it we can make brownies the old fashion way just mix the plant in with the brownie mix and you can see and taiste the mm lol, now bho I can understand that, it is very dangerious and people dont use common sense when they make it, you dont do it indoors with any kind of electrical units, ie, lites, fridge, elec or gas hot water heater, any little spark can cause an explosion, and yea it can blow your house off the foundation, I truly beleive I donated my share and I realy cant afford no more, I honestly dont need the oil, my and my c.g's pt's need it though, they are the ones suffering from this coa ruling, along with many many others.

Im pretty sure the only way we are going to have bho,rso or what ever you want to call it available is thru a government sanctioned company that will supply it to all of the mm shops, as far as butter prob the same, and that realy freaks me out, how do you put people in danger making cannabutter?  You have to make most of your meals on the stove, the butter and water are not flamable and neither is the mm, this coa ruling is so out of whack, but I have to accept im not going to be able to make any more oil, untill the big $$$ gets their supply centers legal and up and running, and it will happen sooner or later! But I dont beleive bho will ever be legal to make at home!  Im not saying it ever was, but it didnt say anywhere that it wasnt, in fact it said in general you could aid in the help of medicating your pt's and that included mixtures of,,,,,,,

Please donate till it hurts, but I dont think it is gonna change much if anything!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo