Funding The Carruthers Appeal

Sup sup!

Wish I could express how much all of you meant to me...this is wats up!...seeing so meany grabbin there balls(ovaries) for something bigger than themeselves!

Since last post went to few local print shops and $8 a shirt was best quote...let me know if can beat that. 

Also solidified a location for Sunday Sept, 15th 4p-7p Bake sale at 23440 Woodard Ave Ferndale 48220. 

Been workin on a flyer for past few days as many discussed...attached is the front and back...let me know any feedback before print tomorrow

I Am Carruthers

I think that's a pretty fair deal on shirts, especially if colored and screen printed.  I am sure several members here will purchase one if you do choose to have them printed.

Good luck on the bake sale!  Hopefully the baked goods are legal ones???!!!

Nice colorful flyer, although it doesn't work for my local distribution needs, it may be great for others. It doesn't provide much information and the punctuation and sentence structure make it difficult to understand.  It does have nice color and graphics.  To be reprinted many times, black and white is going to be more economical and available for many of the rest of us.  The cheaper and easier it is to print, the more people will be willing/able to print.

Sounds like your on top of things!  Have you had a chance to visit any dispensaries to share your fundraising efforts?  What kind of response did you receive?

Edited by northerngal

Do you really to make shirts?  Do people really need to get a shirt to donate money? Doesn't that just cut into the money raised?  What are you going to do with all the small and medium sized shirts that are left over?  Why don't you use keychains or something that costs a dollar or less.  Keep the costs down.  

Did you ever watch a PBS fundraiser?  "Donate $500 and get this free DVD.  Donate $1000 and get this free tote bag."

It's kinda sad, but it seems like the more gimmicks, the more money.

People/clubs/dispensaries might be willing to commit to orders once the design made.

If a little meat was left on the bone, it might be an effective way of increasing dispensary participation.

Stickers sound good too.

Hopefully there's a graphic designer in the house. 

In one  post here i read don't go around  showing you support MMJ don't wear things that cause you to show  that you even have a card cut you hair or put it under your hat 

and don't go to the stores that sell MMJ  because you may end up in court just for being in their if it was raided

am not understanding 

Sup sup,

To northerngal:

I did get good feedback from the few shops spoke with and are willing to put up a jar and pass out flyers, however, there are a lot more I was not able to reach too.  Looking forward to your more informative flyer also.

To ozzrokk:

We are going to keep the same paypal address we started with to keep things consistant with the momentum we have now and we will be able to monitor the donations more closely.

I also like the cheaper keychain or bracelet idea will look into where to get them in bulk for cheap.

Thanks again to everyone who continues to donate and spread the word let's keep up the good fight!

Carruthers

http://www.upworthy.com/a-bunch-of-young-geniuses-just-made-a-corrupt-corporation-freak-out-big-time-time-for-round

Interesting approach to political action.  Different target, similar analogy.  Is selective enforcing for dollars any different than a corporate energy model?  The motivation of both is profit, and an entrenched mindset/corporate strategy needs to be overcome.

Just a little intermission.

Dr. Bob

The Court of Appeals ruled that THC extracts made from marijuana resin are not considered “usable marijuana”.

(People of MI. VS. Earl Cantrell Carruthers ~ COA Case#: 309987~ Decision:7/12/13 )

What this means:

A cardholder is not immune from prosecution under the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act if they are in possession of THC extracts.

THC extracts include:

• Edibles (candy, butter, baked goods, soda, etc)

•  Oils (including RSO and BHO)

• Tinctures

• Topical creams and ointments

• Hash

How this effects the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community:

Many patients rely on utilizing forms of medical marijuana other than smoking. Patients undergoing cancer treatment often use a form of cannabis extract (some refer to this as "Simpson Oil”) to help treat their symptoms. Crohn's Disease patients ingest edible forms of medical marijuana to target the diseased areas of their digestive systems. Patients weaning off strong narcotics often report a better success rate with concentrated delivery systems. Rheumatoid Arthritis patients utilize topical creams to help alleviate painful swelling in their joints.  The examples are endless.

Due to this COA decision, all of the patients utilizing these methods are at risk for prosecution!

What WE can do to help:

The Michigan Medical Marijuana community is fighting back! We believe that the voters intended for patients to be able to utilize the medicinal benefits of marijuana in forms other than smoking. We want to be able to utilize our medicine to its full potential. We need this case to be heard before the Supreme Court. This ruling needs to be overturned. In order to try to successfully do this, we need your help!

With encouragement from the community, Earl Carruthers, the defendant in this case has agreed to take this case to The Supreme Court. A team of attorneys has been assembled including some of the best medical marijuana attorneys in the state.

A Paypal account managed by an independent party has been set up to collect donations to fund this case. We have been diligently raising funds and awareness, but we need help! The estimated cost of this appeal is approximately $20,000. Mr. Carruthers can not do this alone, he needs our support.

PLEASE consider donating, this case effects us all. Every dollar counts and is genuinely appreciated by the community. Please share this information with every patient, caregiver or medical marijuana friendly business you know!

To donate via Paypal, use address: CarruthersAppeal@gmail.com

Edited by northerngal

The above is copied from the rough draft of the "Carruthers handout" that I created.  Please feel free to offer any advice/criticism/suggestions before I finalize.  It all fits to one full page and is black and white. 

Do you think the actual reference to how patients utilize other forms of mmj is too much information?  I struggled there.  

Anyone with a better word for "business" in the last sentence? I'm unsure at what else to call a dispensary.

For reference: On the actual document, the title/header is larger font with the reference line under it a smaller font and the Paypal address larger font as well.   The formatting changed when I pasted it here.

Edited by northerngal

The above is copied from the rough draft of the "Carruthers handout" that I created.  Please feel free to offer any advice/criticism/suggestions before I finalize.  It all fits to one full page and is black and white. 

Do you think the actual reference to how patients utilize other forms of mmj is too much information?  I struggled there.  

Anyone with a better word for "business" in the last sentence? I'm unsure at what else to call a dispensary.

For reference: On the actual document, the title/header is larger font with the reference line under it a smaller font and the Paypal address larger font as well.   The formatting changed when I pasted it here.

Your initial draft is very good, however, I would like to suggest you change the following sentence to read "Patients undergoing cancer treatment often use a cannabis extract (some refer to this as “Rick Simpson Oil”) to help treat their symptoms."

I would also change "business" to "facility" or "Medical Marijuana friendly business establishment."

Thank you for your dedication NG, you have put a great deal of thought, time and effort into this.  It is dedicated people such as yourself who will get the job done, you truly are an asset to this community.