I Live In A Sad World

I am sad to say that I live in a world where the sickest of the sick and all the other sick people in this state are not even worth $2000. The Carruthers appeal has not even been able to bring in that much. How can this be happening?  How can so many not care even when it affects them? I fully understand that some cant but I also know that some can and obviously will not. I do not want to add negativity to the effort so I brought my rant here. The reality is I should just keep my mouth shut and I try too but sometimes it weighs so heavy on my heart that I cannot........... If this ruling ,and make no mistake about it that is what it is about, is left as is then a true travesty will have been committed.

I will not stop pushing the issue and hope others do not stop either. Onward and forward.

Sorry for the rant.....

This is depressing. It shows how much, or rather how little, marijuana users care about the future. OR, it shows just how beaten up and run down users have become by the constant, unrelenting attacks against medical marijuana. It could be that people have just given up and are returning to laying low and operating under the radar.

Well,... this isn't about "marijuana users"; this about medical cannabis patients, who by a 50%+- rate are poor according to registry numbers.  They have no money.

Or, people have no knowledge of the case or anything about it. 

Or,... yes, most people are apathetic.

I think the amount donated is large and wonderful; but more people have to want to pound the pavement and get more donations.

Not an easy task.

Everything is still abundantly avail in Detroit.

There as to be something good about Detroit, heh?

We don't contribute to the cause but we do make everything availble at fair dollar.

Now outstate, the decision bit.

Someone will build hospices in Detroit, right, so the sickest of the sick can get their meds? 

I do not want to rain on what has been done. Believe me I know it is alot of money. I think the number is good for the amount of people that donated but it is the amount of people. Believe me I know that people dont have. I am one of the dont haves...........

Please I do not want this little rant to be taken the wrong way. Besides a little angel helped make me a little less sad about it. but still sad.

I will not stop and ask others not to stop either.

I understand. Try working for Rescue. All I ever hear is,"oh,I wish I could donate but I don't have the extra money." So WHO DOES? So donate a bag of dog food,buy some cheap dog toys at a garage sale and donate those.Old clean blankets,these dogs lay on cold cement and would love to have a blanket just to lay on.  :coldb:          Ozzrokk have you tried to get some political backing? Those hacks LOVE to show how COMPASSIONATE they are,especially during an election year. Go to your local govt,your town,churches,and see what you might be able to do.  Your State Reps,Township Supervisor,Mayor,doesn't matter what party they are. Those blowhards LOVE to show how caring they are if it will get them elected! Of course that all takes time and gas. At LEAST you are TRYING to help! Maybe we all don't have a lot of money. But we all know what is right and what is wrong. People or Pts that have money aren't looking at this site. They don't have to worry about having health insurance. But for the rest of us,you might as well jump off a cliff.

This is depressing. It shows how much, or rather how little, marijuana users care about the future. OR, it shows just how beaten up and run down users have become by the constant, unrelenting attacks against medical marijuana. It could be that people have just given up and are returning to laying low and operating under the radar.

I do agree 

people have found out if they get caught and end up in a court room they will have to pay $$$$ even if they are 100% legal

I understand. Try working for Rescue. All I ever hear is,"oh,I wish I could donate but I don't have the extra money." So WHO DOES? So donate a bag of dog food,buy some cheap dog toys at a garage sale and donate those.Old clean blankets,these dogs lay on cold cement and would love to have a blanket just to lay on.  :coldb:          Ozzrokk have you tried to get some political backing? Those hacks LOVE to show how COMPASSIONATE they are,especially during an election year. Go to your local govt,your town,churches,and see what you might be able to do.  Your State Reps,Township Supervisor,Mayor,doesn't matter what party they are. Those blowhards LOVE to show how caring they are if it will get them elected! Of course that all takes time and gas. At LEAST you are TRYING to help! Maybe we all don't have a lot of money. But we all know what is right and what is wrong. People or Pts that have money aren't looking at this site. They don't have to worry about having health insurance. But for the rest of us,you might as well jump off a cliff.

Thank you but IMHO when you do say the word Marihuana most turn there heard's and walk away

I am sad to say that I live in a world where the sickest of the sick and all the other sick people in this state are not even worth $2000. The Carruthers appeal has not even been able to bring in that much. How can this be happening?  How can so many not care even when it affects them? I fully understand that some cant but I also know that some can and obviously will not. I do not want to add negativity to the effort so I brought my rant here. The reality is I should just keep my mouth shut and I try too but sometimes it weighs so heavy on my heart that I cannot........... If this ruling ,and make no mistake about it that is what it is about, is left as is then a true travesty will have been committed.

I will not stop pushing the issue and hope others do not stop either. Onward and forward.

Sorry for the rant.....

Thank you also i/we understand how you feel every time i do get a dollar it ends up going to someone that has been raided just last month i gave away $50 to a few people for the cause 

It is a matter of priorities.  Patients will pay the cost of an 1/8th for an 1/8th for their use, but will they donate the same to the cause to help all patients? 

Guess that is an individual decision based on individual priorities.  Step up, don't expect others to bear the burden of YOUR fight for the right to use this medicine.

No, do NOT ask me how much i donated, it isn't anyone's business but mine and the fund.  I will tell you it was painful and meaningful.  Who here will match that pain and contribute?

Dr. Bob

I have found that the greatest percentage of people I have spoken with have never heard

about the COA decision, nor about Earl Carruthers.  Once I inform individuals of the decision

most do want to contribute.

I have been to dispenseries, head shops and Cert Centers.

Some said they would put up a donation jar (I am not really comfortable with that),

or ask for a flyer, pamphlet etc.

I will be printing off copies of northergals flyer, both versions.  I am however going to put

the email addy across the bottom in tear off tabs... maybe that would help as most will not

stop to 'jot' it down etc... then, I'm hitting the pavement again.

Thank you to all who have donated thus far, we knew this would be an up hill battle.

Ever onward.

I would urge everyone to try to give something. My donation was meager but it was the best I could do under my present circumstances.

I don't know how many people read this forum but if everyone just gave $20 it would quickly add up.

Remember our foes are using their money and power against us and we need to use whatever resources we can to assist in our fight.

I have found that the greatest percentage of people I have spoken with have never heard

about the COA decision, nor about Earl Carruthers.  Once I inform individuals of the decision

most do want to contribute.

I have been to dispenseries, head shops and Cert Centers.

Some said they would put up a donation jar (I am not really comfortable with that),

or ask for a flyer, pamphlet etc.

I will be printing off copies of northergals flyer, both versions.  I am however going to put

the email addy across the bottom in tear off tabs... maybe that would help as most will not

stop to 'jot' it down etc... then, I'm hitting the pavement again.

Thank you to all who have donated thus far, we knew this would be an up hill battle.

Ever onward.

Thanks for all your Help it means a lot to us with your support we can't lose

Could i ask someone to bring some flyers to the MOCC Harvest Fest this saturday i have no money nor a printer to print them and no way to drive to a print shop i will be running a booth there 

for all the Cause's ( Cannabis )

Whoaaaa!  It's Saturday today.  Can you pm me please, about where I can find details?  I went the first year, haven't been back since.

It seems difficult to effectively organize a fundraising effort in a universally independent manner. A hierarchy needs to be established, some sort of committee, group, or figurehead. I see a few independently operating characters that have been given little to no direction. Formulate and concisely present the argument (like the language in the recent "extracts" thread), establish a list of reasons why this ruling is important (beyond tasty treats), and present a game plan of some sort to those in the community here. Depending on other people to independently present a message and promote a cause seems ineffective.