Grow Room Address

trichcycler

I have a copy of my DL with the address blacked out that I've used when corresponding with LARA. I list a PO Box on forms. Never had issue in 5+yrs with this.

A long time patient used this copy to send in another reup and the lara sent him a denial letter listing it as the reason. He called, spoke to a supervisor who told him that it was within caregiver rights to do that, and it is not a disqualifying reason, and sent his new card out immediately.  This caused a 2 week delay compared to past experiences.

thought I'd share the exp.

I would feel safer if the application process did not allow a prospective patient to have access to

the growers home/garden location information  before they are verified by the state. Many risks

to growers increase exponentially in proportion to the number of people aware of the garden.

Considering the patient may even be denied access for several reasons, an unnecessary disclosure

like this could be troublesome to a caregiver.

In the past I've been the mailer most of the times for a better nights sleep, contrary to the LARA instruction directing patients

to mail the application.

its been tough for me to swallow too. I will say that by the time I am willing to submit an application, we've established pretty good trust, but still. I believe the address of the grower should be totally private, as its not even necessary for either of the applicants to know the physical address of each other.

I know even a name can be googled and a house located, so not much privacy there, but that's after the card arrives, with the info on it 

I believe they insist on front and back copy  : (

and I was told by SoS that I could not list my po box as on my license.

I have a change of address sticker on the back of my license with my old address on the front.  Could I just send in a copy of the front of my license and use my p.o. box as an address?  This would conceal my current address.

I'm more worried about my address being on the patients card and them loosing it or friends seeing it.  Could you still meet to do the paperwork and fill in a po box and add your paperwork(photocopied license) to the packet to send out meaning only LARA would see the address and not the patient and it wouldn't be on their card?

Edited by Norby

If I don't trust a patient with the knowledge of where I Iive, then I don't take that person as a patient.

I trust my patients too, but what do you do if one loses his card, or his wallet gets stolen, or he gets pulled over by the cops and the cops record both patient and CG information?  These are just a handful of the reasons why I use a PO Box for any application.

I've maintained a personal rule here and don't invite anyone I know personally into my registry. For years I watched troublesome registries and attempted to remove any chance of hassle. so far good, except this issue.

Meeting a person on the internet and registering them after a month of interviewing may give some sense of trust, but how can you ever know. I run a tight ship here, but this is a weak link for sure.

Most people robbed, molested, killed, narc'd, etc......have been wronged by someone they knew, and often trusted, for thought.

I've maintained a personal rule here and don't invite anyone I know personally into my registry. For years I watched troublesome registries and attempted to remove any chance of hassle. so far good, except this issue.

Meeting a person on the internet and registering them after a month of interviewing may give some sense of trust, but how can you ever know. I run a tight ship here, but this is a weak link for sure.

Most people robbed, molested, killed, narc'd, etc......have been wronged by someone they knew, and often trusted, for thought.

I like how you post but I do have to say, You are way to liberal with other info to newbies as I found yesterday, you need to make sure you dont give to much info to leo lurking the site, some people may not see thru leo coming on as a pt looking for a c.g!  It is best to not give alot of info to any one who only has one post and signed up the day you respond to a post,  But than again you are pretty new to the site,

Just sayin if you are going to worry that much about your addy you may want to keep other things closer to the vest!

Peace

appreciate the look out, but not sure which post you refer(reefer) to ?

I'm not too scared of leo entrapping me, I would not provide to anyone but my five, and am always with low numbers of plants and weights.  Leo also knows that even 11 year olds can post all about what ever they want on a marijuana site. I asked this once before and nobody chimed in, but has anyone here been entrapped by leo on this forum?  I be the first to warn others if this happened to me.

peace

appreciate the look out, but not sure which post you refer(reefer) to ?

I'm not too scared of leo entrapping me, I would not provide to anyone but my five, and am always with low numbers of plants and weights.  Leo also knows that even 11 year olds can post all about what ever they want on a marijuana site. I asked this once before and nobody chimed in, but has anyone here been entrapped by leo on this forum?  I be the first to warn others if this happened to me.

peace

I cant verify if any one has been popped from leo in this site, I think that would be hard to prove, like you they are good at their jobs also! 

You came in here with info and better questions than most newbies!  You didnt come in here looking for any thing other than bonding with those like you, at least that is what I get so far from you!

as far as what thread,  it was started yesterday, Pt looking for c.g.  pretty much just you and the o.p were chatting, I came in and welcomed pt in a nice but weary stile!  I always have flags go up when newbies come on looking for somthing the very minute they join!

Nothing personal

Peace

well you caught me !  I'm bonding .

that guy looking for certain strains...I just reread that thread. I didn't share personal info with him, just good grow tech.  If leo want to know that I grow with worms, ground my plants to the earth, used to grow hydro....its cool with me. that dude is in kzoo, hundreds of miles from me, not even a consideration as a patient. i'm a nice guy, and he seemed nice enough, knew what he wanted, and wasn't asking anyone to break a law. He started with "looking for a caregiver, better than "looking for some weed". I would have shut him down if he said that, and then someone would be here telling me to be nicer to a newbie, tehe. I don't take it personal man, its cool.

can you tell me the possible damage that could arise sharing grow tips with a new poster,(even a leo)?  not getting it yet.... :horse:

well you caught me !  I'm bonding .

that guy looking for certain strains...I just reread that thread. I didn't share personal info with him, just good grow tech.  If leo want to know that I grow with worms, ground my plants to the earth, used to grow hydro....its cool with me. that dude is in kzoo, hundreds of miles from me, not even a consideration as a patient. i'm a nice guy, and he seemed nice enough, knew what he wanted, and wasn't asking anyone to break a law. He started with "looking for a caregiver, better than "looking for some weed". I would have shut him down if he said that, and then someone would be here telling me to be nicer to a newbie, tehe. I don't take it personal man, its cool.

can you tell me the possible damage that could arise sharing grow tips with a new poster,(even a leo)?  not getting it yet.... :horse:

You have done no damage! I enjoy your posts!

Peace

I have had a pt for 2 years now that joined a previous forum and immediately seeked me out.

Very easy going guy, 0 problems, no weirdness ever. My ideal pt. Very young guy, too, it's a nice surprise how well it's worked out.

If I was looking for mmj, I wouldn't necessarily get all involved with all the talking, forum drama, etc etc. I might just say hey I'm a patient, I need a good caregiver, these are the strains I like, the amount I use in a typical week/month, who is a good experienced C.G. that can help me out? Then I'd vet my C.G. from there just like anyone else applying for a job. Done deal, no biggie.

LEO doesn't care about grow tips, they only care about paperwork, the scale of your grow (for example if you have pics of your warehouse or large greenhouse that might draw attention), maybe legal nuances and the like.

As for LEO lurking HERE, that has been stated numerous times on this forum. Where is the evidence of this activity???

LE does hang around non-med forums (craigslist) and non-med states a bit. I think their presense even on the seedy side of the internet is overstated, the manpower typically isn't available to police the internet in any meaningful way- obviously!

I'm not concerned about "entrapment", if they want to do that they are just going to come at you looking for meds right now no card or looking for some substantial weight. Hey I need a pound or two?! That is NOT, btw, legal entrapment but it's entrapment how most people actually understand the term. Cases don't get thrown out left/right/center for entrapment like they show on the tv, it's a very high bar.

NOW if you're already on their radar, or if they pick up your computer during a raid and look through it, you might find yourself wishing you didn't post some stuff that you posted. But as far as them just logging onto michmedmj, and picking on average caregivers doing a good job and trying to provide for there 5... I seriously doubt it. To do so would be a tremendous waste of time, they want to get arrests, convictions, and money period and that's an awefully labor intensive way to do it.

The absense of evidence is not the evidence of absense but the same can be said for unicorns and fairies.

Restorium are you worried that LARA and LE are in constant communication and LE just reads this forums, selects Grassmatches user name, then calls up LARA to get GM's identity? Come on man, that's a pretty deep conspiracy and LARA isn't supposed to give info out that way. Like they are building case files on all 130K of us? LOL have you ever seen the way these databases are ran? Government databases are typically pretty sh**Tty and you can only query them a few ways (and the query gets logged) so it'd probably be pretty difficult to use the info from the O.P.'s first post and attach it to a name.

Restorium not to pick on you maybe I just don't understand what you are saying.

1st off I started the lil parinoia and giving a lil advise to some one who is pretty new here, The same as you!

If you dont think leo has the time or money to come in here, your head is so far up your behind I dont know how you breath!!!

They can afford to monitor craigs list, face book, and build million dollar drones eh but cant afford to monitor this site?

You need to crawl back under the rock you been under if that is your thinking, we maybe doaling out dollars for your case, Im so tired of donating to people who so much use this program for their own benifit it makes me ill,

Why do you think we dont have despenses. extractions, and all the other b.s they have had to write in our law or has been changed from the bench?

Wake up and smell the weed or you may be smelling what 10 guys smell like in a nasty cell!

Peace

I don't understand the hostility, what case? Where have I ever incriminated myself in any illegal activity? Why am I specifically being singled out as someone who uses this program for their own gains? I am always within my limits, cards on hand, paperwork copied, mmj in the trunk going to the patient for the purposes of alleviating my patients conditions. Why should I be paranoid about information that I post when it's available in paperback form and in literally countless other places on the internet?

The government does NOT do an effective job at monitering the internet. They are there, for sure, but reading every word, putting together complicated case files on all of us like NCIS??? I think not

Where is the evidence that they are monitering this site? You think I'm being naive, I think I'm being realistic. The government, with it's big, bad, data collecting ways obviously can not police or control the internet. Prostitution rings, illegal drug trades, all manner of illegal deals being done on craigslist, etc etc, there is no shortage of evidence I could come up with in a 4 minute google search. Can they afford to record every word? Yes, can they afford to read it? NO

Actually it took 7 seconds, budtrader.com and naughtyreviews.com, two entire sites operating for years and years. Want to buy a gun illegally? Do a search for bang bang on CL. Want to steal a movie, go look at 1 of the 10,0000 file sharing or torrent sites online.

We don't have dispensaries because they were a ridiculously easy target and where abusing our mmj laws right out in the open for everyone to see. Now I don't personally have a problem with dispensaries of course but the fact remains our law doesn't allow for them in any meaningful way. We don't have extractions because carruthers had a suspended license then got picked up with some brownies and then it went to Oakland. There is no super internet conspiracy in either of these cases and neither is very good evidence that they are monitering us here.