Wasn't Sure Where Else To Post This (Getting More Involved)

So I'm a younger guy but I'm looking to get more involved with the MMMP field, be it working at a dispensary or assisting a caregiver or anything of the like, like I said I'm sort of just trying to get my foot in the door. I'm a patient myself, but I've always had terrible luck with caregivers (never came through for me), so I've decided that I want to get more involved and eventually move on to growing my own. any sort of information in how to further my goal would be fantastic. I have little experience, so I'm mostly a blank slate.

Edited by Comfortably_Numb

plenty of growing / gardening books online or at your local library.

you should of course grow for yourself before trying to grow for other people.

the consensus is that you should be a caregiver for a friend or family member, as there is not much profit to be made being a caregiver.

I'm not particularly looking to become a caregiver for others, pretty much just myself. I was more looking for any sort of employment or hands-on opportunities, not necessarily to make a profit as a caregiver, as I'm not really about that sort of thing. I simply learn a hell of a lot better that way than I do by reading it over and over, y'know? But thank you very much for the attempt.

as dispensaries were declared illegal by the mich supreme court, i recommend avoiding working there.

theres a few posts on the craigslist looking for, or offering jobs tending to gardens.

i'm guessing its a rare thing letting a stranger into your garden.

So I'm a younger guy but I'm looking to get more involved with the MMMP field, be it working at a dispensary or assisting a caregiver or anything of the like, like I said I'm sort of just trying to get my foot in the door. I'm a patient myself, but I've always had terrible luck with caregivers (never came through for me), so I've decided that I want to get more involved and eventually move on to growing my own. any sort of information in how to further my goal would be fantastic. I have little experience, so I'm mostly a blank slate.

Thanks for the post i've always wanted to be a Bud tender myself and have been offed a Job at one of the Dispensary's around  town and i am just waiting for the owner to get out of jail

to start working

The Cannabis Law we have opened up many job's here inn Mich. but the A.G has said it's not the kind of jobs we need here in this state 

Good Luck 

of course !  that's exactly how each crime begins. after all, who would stray from the law knowing they would get caught right. Why would an otherwise law abiding person want to break the law and represent our Act poorly? Do you think we should provide sound legal principals to new registrants if we expect them to stay out of court ?

It may be but who would know ?

There are plenty of hidden dispensaries out there. Just keep your mouth shut and keep to yourself,stay away from clubs and anywhere or anybody else that is reckless. Just get your card and become invisable. There are people out here just like you,that have tried the CG thing more than once,only to get ripped.

could you tell me an example of how a patient  got "ripped" of anything ? I thought if a cg doesn't supply what he said he would, when he said he would , the patient can remove/replace the cg at once, and even grow their own meds if chosen. I here the "ripped" thing once in awhile, but not the how part.

thanks

Grass,come on,you know what I mean by ripped. You sign the CG,the CG price is 200/oz. But pt. can't afford 500.00 a month,so you only buy one oz. CG gets the rest to do with as they please. Or as a CG do you GIVE the whole 2.5 to the pt?  And replacing a CG involves another 3 months of waiting just to see if you actually get the product you allow this person to grow. Pt pays for the Dr approval,State approval, and lets a stranger into their home. Not everyone can grow. Some people have physical problems that don't allow them to grow,so they must depend on a stranger,wait months for a grow,because thats what the law says, But the pt is always the bad guy. How does a pt rip off a CG? When the CG has the product,control of it,knows where YOU live,but won't let the pt know anything about them? Why do you hate pts so much?  Nobody MAKES you grow. That is your choice. Then you despise the very person whose money allowed you to grow and you always have a supply for yourself.  Why? Do you hate the cashier at the grocery store because she is taking money from you for groceries? I don't get it,I am stupid.

could you tell me an example of how a patient  got "ripped" of anything ? I thought if a cg doesn't supply what he said he would, when he said he would , the patient can remove/replace the cg at once, and even grow their own meds if chosen. I here the "ripped" thing once in awhile, but not the how part.

thanks

One example;

A patient signs a caregiver and when the crops are supposed to be done there are none. Very simple rip off.

Okay,then how does the pt get the product? Do he go to the CGs home? Of course not. because the pt isn't allowed to know anything about the person he signed on with,including any info on whether this CG is a good one or not. What CG would tell a new pt that they will front them? Jest askin.

Grass,come on,you know what I mean by ripped. You sign the CG,the CG price is 200/oz. But pt. can't afford 500.00 a month,so you only buy one oz. CG gets the rest to do with as they please. Or as a CG do you GIVE the whole 2.5 to the pt?  Before I meet with a patient we have come to a clear agreement spelling out expectations concerning donations, delivery frequency and monthly needs. I don't personally compromise the agreement, I know exactly the type of patients I need, and they typically are in agreement in one email.  I don't have the luxury of "doing what I please" with overages so to stay legal I grow only the amount I know will be donated for, including a 25% up weight gift. there is no extra.

And replacing a CG involves another 3 months of waiting just to see if you actually get the product you allow this person to grow. Pt pays for the Dr approval,State approval, and lets a stranger into their home. Not everyone can grow. Some people have physical problems that don't allow them to grow,so they must depend on a stranger,wait months for a grow,because thats what the law says,.   I agree, I would love to be able to gift a half ounce to a potential patient with named/numbered samples to report back to me. It could save time and help connect proper meds with the patients needing them. I believe all mj is good, with medical value, but not all growers can supply the types you need. I reward my patient with a sample of all stocked on day 21, with their donated for requested menu amount

But the pt is always the bad guy. I don't believe that

How does a pt rip off a CG? Maybe when they agree to donate for a certain amount, for a certain time, if I grew a certain strain, then they don't. The incredible investment of time, material, space, electricity, and all the other reasons other patients cannot grow is ripped off 

When the CG has the product,control of it,knows where YOU live,but won't let the pt know anything about them? I think that's terrible, and both cg and patient should interview their choice like their life depends on it

Why do you hate pts so much?  Nobody MAKES you grow. That is your choice. Then you despise the very person whose money allowed you to grow and you always have a supply for yourself.  Why? Do you hate the cashier at the grocery store because she is taking money from you for groceries? I don't get it,I am stupid.

I definitely do not hate patients, and hope you didn't misunderstand anything I ever said. I've been caring for ailing people in one way or another for many years, because that's what I do. I couldn't have access to so many different strains, or even afford to use the amount I need personally, if it wasn't for my patients and their generous donations. I wish I could serve more. My patients start with their cannabis budget, and I connect them with the meds they need monthly, as agreed every time. I don't work a patient up to my donation amount, I don't make demands, nor do I compromise my rules of caregiving. I'm always supplied, can tell if patient will fit in my garden within a couple emails, and waste no time providing exactly whats requested of me every month with great results.   thank you for answering my question, I hope I've answered your concerns, at least on my behalf. those examples may be a product of poor interviewing, character judgment, or communication. A patient should be receiving exactly what was agreed to, and if not, move on, improve the next interview. My patients don't rip me off, and I never rip them off. I grow a plant they cannot. They pay me expenses to do so. they agreed on those expenses, and their expected usage. If they fit my age, qualifying conditions, personality, monthly usage, chemotype, logistics, etc, I register them. In 21 days, I call LARA, if they are in my registry, I make my first delivery on that day. Patients are welcome to demand the same that I offer.

of course !  that's exactly how each crime begins. after all, who would stray from the law knowing they would get caught right. Why would an otherwise law abiding person want to break the law and represent our Act poorly? Do you think we should provide sound legal principals to new registrants if we expect them to stay out of court ?

Thanks

Are you saying people our braking the Law and our making a bad name for us all?

Wow this really seems to have spiraled off subject and out pretty quickly, didn't mean to spark a war here folks I was just trying to get in touch with people who may be helpful. I don't know specific dimensions just yet, just that I'll be growing in a medium sized wooden shed. About 10ft-13ft ceilings, 10" by 12" approximate, maybe a little larger but certainly no smaller. To elaborate on being screwed by a CG, I mean  that for the first one, he never, literally never, got back ahold of me in regards to even getting my meds. The guy was like a ghost, only answered his phone once right at the beginning. He essentially took my plants, and made profit off of them, refusing to keep contact. The second being a CG who after advising me that he would be growing and have a set price, decided to mystically never have anything I agreed to donate for, only other strains from a different place that had a particularly high cost to them. (usually around 325-350 an ounce.) So yeah, I have some problems with that whole "profit making as a caregiver" mindset.

There are creeps in all business involving money. Its important to interview like your life counts on it. I've heard of newbie growers who pimp patients to get their

garden going, with plans to sell to someone else at a higher price. Some well placed questions can weed these types out quickly. I feel bad when I hear of these stories, but usually they're connected to some type of "free meds" arrangement.

If I was a patient I would expect an established cg to have stock ready for me immediately after 21 days, not when a "crop" comes in.

CG does not need to be your BFF. In fact,strictly business is much better. Once you let your guard down,even to be politely friendly,forget it. Just come to my door,give me my meds,here is your part,see ya next month. This way both parties are on equal ground. And NOTHING is free. If you hear that,say bye bye. Good idea with the questions,Grass. A couple of well placed ones can tell you everything you need to know. Most CGs are not like you,you are unusual.

Where are you located(county)?  Can a caregiver sign a patient and supply them and teach them to grow by going into the patients garden and have the extra 2.5 oz still for said patient and supply them with clones?  I'm looking for 3 patients but could take on one w/out taking their plant count if you'd be interested and were close by Genesee Co..

Edited by Norby

you are unusual.

I never heard that before(yeah right)

thanks for the kind words jointedone. Interesting what you say about bff. I wont register friends or family either. Not that it couldn't work, and maybe well, but I don't need the hassle of family members knowing more of my business. 100% of my patients find me online in forums like this one. I interview most weeks of the year and schedule patients in advanced for known garden openings. I have some traveling snowbirds I cycle in and out yearly, but attempt to keep a full registry. This helps in a huge way to keep the flow of genetic choices going year round perpetually, without the fuss of stalling a clone or seed planting.