Making Rick Simpson Oil,

Sterilizing and decarboxylizing hashish takes care of mold and any other pathogens and makes it much more absorbable. It is simply a matter of baking it off in a 250 F oven for about an hour. Again, there is no chance of an explosion. A very small amount of plant fiber remains, which would seem to mean that it is arguably more legal than chemical solvent extracts until and unless the SC overturns that part of Carruthers. Mr. Natural would agree. I think.

Yes, and I also think the technique proposed by GregS above can yield results comparable to oil, with no solvent.

That's a question I've had for a while and have found no answers. Have people had equivalent medical results eating heated kif/hash? How about medibles made with bud?

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

This is to the o.p!

I am sorry for being rude to you, bho or as you call it rso is very dangerious to make, it is not something you should learn in a thread, I have been making bho for ever, It still makes me very nervious and for good reason, it is an awsome med but it is very very dangerious to make, If I didnt know how to make it and found the same directions I found when I started and there were places for me to buy it, I would buy it instead of risking blowing myself or property up!

I would start with tinctures and keif hash and bubble hash and read all I could before I tried making it, experience is the best teacher but not on something as dangerious as bho!

before this law passed people didnt even know what bho was unless they were my age or older, no one in any of the places I have lived even had a clue as to what it was, every one knows what hash is, but im betting most didnt know it was just keif from some of the best mj in the world, there are places that grow mj and only use the keif to ship off to the rest of the world as hashish, there is not a hashish plant lol it is all mj and it is either dry extracted or frozen extractions. back in the day we used to get hash that had afiganistan stamped on it, it was still only mj that was dry pounded into a drum thru a screen, pressed stamped and smuggled!

I have had oil made from and iso machine on the stove that is def not as dangerious to make but is still highly flamable and precuations need too be taken.  the old machines take alot longer and that is probably the only reason I dont pick one up, when I did it, I wanted to be done now, like everything else in americans life, we want it now and dont care what it costs or what the debt may be!  my bad, my choice to make it the way I made it no one elses, I just dont want some one to get hurt or hurt others and give us all a bad name again,

Im not in here to give away ilegal advise  actualy im here to say do as I say not as I do like your parent or some one that loves you would do!

with that said, I am far from perfect and I have given away to many secrets over the internet already and im done giving ilegal advise for all to read who chooses to come in here!

I should have left my 1st post off at welcome to the site!

Best of luck to you and be safe!

Peace

mez brownies or any baked goods are awsome with just budd, give it a try, you have to wait a bit cause it takes longer to hit you, Ive made the mistake of eating a 2nd brownie before the first hit lol but the only thing that happend was I had a very lazy hazy day!

Peace

edit= if you vape, save the vaped mm up and you can still use it medicinaly or recreationaly, all you have to do is mix your vaped mm in with some peanut butter spread it on a grahm cracker put a peice of chocolate on it slap another grahm cracker on top(kinda like a s more) wrap in aluminum foil and put in oven at 175 for 10 to 15 mins, and enjoy!

Edited by phaquetoo

This is to the o.p!

I am sorry for being rude to you, bho or as you call it rso is very dangerious to make, it is not something you should learn in a thread, I have been making bho for ever, It still makes me very nervious and for good reason, it is an awsome med but it is very very dangerious to make, If I didnt know how to make it and found the same directions I found when I started and there were places for me to buy it, I would buy it instead of risking blowing myself or property up!

I would start with tinctures and keif hash and bubble hash and read all I could before I tried making it, experience is the best teacher but not on something as dangerious as bho!

before this law passed people didnt even know what bho was unless they were my age or older, no one in any of the places I have lived even had a clue as to what it was, every one knows what hash is, but im betting most didnt know it was just keif from some of the best mj in the world, there are places that grow mj and only use the keif to ship off to the rest of the world as hashish, there is not a hashish plant lol it is all mj and it is either dry extracted or frozen extractions. back in the day we used to get hash that had afiganistan stamped on it, it was still only mj that was dry pounded into a drum thru a screen, pressed stamped and smuggled!

I have had oil made from and iso machine on the stove that is def not as dangerious to make but is still highly flamable and precuations need too be taken.  the old machines take alot longer and that is probably the only reason I dont pick one up, when I did it, I wanted to be done now, like everything else in americans life, we want it now and dont care what it costs or what the debt may be!  my bad, my choice to make it the way I made it no one elses, I just dont want some one to get hurt or hurt others and give us all a bad name again,

Im not in here to give away ilegal advise  actualy im here to say do as I say not as I do like your parent or some one that loves you would do!

with that said, I am far from perfect and I have given away to many secrets over the internet already and im done giving ilegal advise for all to read who chooses to come in here!

I should have left my 1st post off at welcome to the site!

Best of luck to you and be safe!

Peace

Bullschit. You are a pleasure to have around. 

Suck it up young Jedi.

mez brownies or any baked goods are awsome with just budd, give it a try, you have to wait a bit cause it takes longer to hit you, Ive made the mistake of eating a 2nd brownie before the first hit lol but the only thing that happend was I had a very lazy hazy day!

Peace

edit= if you vape, save the vaped mm up and you can still use it medicinaly or recreationaly, all you have to do is mix your vaped mm in with some peanut butter spread it on a grahm cracker put a peice of chocolate on it slap another grahm cracker on top(kinda like a s more) wrap in aluminum foil and put in oven at 175 for 10 to 15 mins, and enjoy!

I'm asking about people taking oil for serious diseases. How do medibles compare to RSO to them?

Hashish can be further refined or otherwise used, for instance, in cooking. Adding about a gram and a half to enough pumpkin pie mix for two nine inch pies, heating it in a little butter or vegetable oil and incorporating it into the recipe will have you giving thanks. It is much more convenient to use in cooking than unrefined herb. A little melted in olive oil used as a base for or addition to salad dressings works great.

Edited by GregS

First, they stop calling it with the generic name of "RSO" and instead call it a medical botanical extract as it is I think. This whole rso(nothing against you man, glad to see you here!) thing has confused so many people, and even made some sick, what a tragedy.

Cannabis extraction is not much different than any other in technique of botanical oil extractions.  Decide which constituents are needed from the vegetable matter, and then choose a suitable food safe solvent that you can guarantee complete removal from the finished product. If you can afford it, stick with a system that reclaims the solvent for later use, over and over, as an environmentally responsible thing to do, as well as added safety measures.

"medibles" should be made with the extraction itself. Unprocessed dry keif  gathered correctly from properly grown and dried organic dried buds is ready to use, smoke, eat, vape, suppository, infuse, cook. Any further heating before final use will release many of the healing terpenes we're seeking in the first place and not advised by me. I don't have mold issues in or out of the garden, and I don't use water to gather keif, so no worries here.

Cancer patients I know of that chose cannabis extract over chemo/radiation and even surgery have always insisted on a concrete extraction made with Lab Grade N-Butane. They typically started with a third of a gram a day by mouth, chased with foods and fats. Soon a gram a day was tolerated, and chasing became more creative. I think it was a hassle to get fancy with their daily dose pretty quick. If you want a cookie, with a gram of oil in it, drip a gram onto it and eat away I say. Some folks put their pills in applesauce before they eat them, Some chase them with pop or milk, its the same thing. I am not a proponent of further decarboxylating buds  after they are finished drying until the very moment before I heat for use, but that's just me. I prefer the machine called a tamisium, and definitely would not use anyone elses extractions regardless of their techniques. Not because of the machine, but for many reasons. I have made and loved iso extractions also, but they are different polarity, so ntane and iso actually target different constituents, I've had the pleasure of a c02 extraction, and wasn't as impressed as the first run of the tami........but as greg said, its all good....

I'm asking about people taking oil for serious diseases. How do medibles compare to RSO to them?

I make hash(kif) caps and have been taking 1/10th/gram to 1/5th gram a day.  Took care of my IBS symptoms.  Had 3 cups of coffee today and 2 slices of pizza from 7-11 and a half box of cookies. Most healthy people couldn't handle 2 slices from 7-11 without some kind of cramps or ill feeling. :)  You don't realize what a hindrance it is until you can live normally again.

zacw, bho does not have to be made with only buddz, you can use the sugar leaf's and only the buddz you wouldnt waiste your time trimming, The only thing I noticed was you get more finished product with buddz only than you do with sugar leaf's and lil budz, both are potent you just get more when you only use bud,

alot of pt's need more than a gram a day of oil, if it were legal and we could all have a place to donate our sugar leafs with the strain wrote on the package/box some one could be making a ton of oil, there is no waiste in the mj plant as far as im concerned, even the roots and stems have some medicinal value. I like to use the stems and stalk to make green vodka for st. patricks day!

the way I make bho it gets carmalized when i evape all of the tane off and than I heat it in an electric fry pan and than a cup warmer, by the time im done there is no butane left and it is nice and honey looking and taistes awsome,

When I see pics of ear wax, to me it looks just like what I wind up with after my butane evapes and before I heat off the rest of the tane and I dont see how it can be carmilized,  I would think making  bho and only going as far as the ear wax it is not carmilized and there is still butane in it!

thats my story and im sticking to it!

Peace

"ear wax" is made by simply whipping the finished oil. Sometimes a drop of water is added, sometimes vacuum assist is used. freezing/drying/curing can all make a different looking product.

Its really easy to make when only trim is used, because of the excess garbage that comes from the majority of vegetable material, including water solubles. The active ingredients(maybe?), as ancients agree, are in the finished dried flower tops of the cannabis plant. Waxes, tars, and a load of other stuff is certainly available with an extraction, but most cancer patients are not interested in wax and tar. Best "quality" "purity", "potency" is had from the vegetable material containing the highest count of oil filled trichomes, as found on the "dried flower tops".

I waste my trim with ever perpetual harvest, it goes straight to my breeder bunnies. I've made oil with it, and it rocks, and it weighs more too, but felt guilty about adding it to the bud run oil, so didnt. The trim oil will always test lower thc than the bud material, sensibly. If it was all for me, I would use the trim, but with more than 1 or 2 patients gathering the trim scraps is time consuming, over weighting, and not worth the hassle to me.

when that Phaquer moves near me, I'll gift him my trim, after we're registered together of course

To set the record straight. RSO = a specific method of how to make the oil using a choice of solvents recommended by Rick Simpson, or, the Rick Simpson method of making concentrated cannabis oil.

Where did the term RSO come from? So many people have an issue with that. Take it to the source, it was not Rick, he calls it hemp oil and PhoenixTears. The patients with cancer are calling it RSO. You may as well get used to it. It is at least as popular as BHO if not more popular. (Using the acronyms RSO and BHO). Look into forums where cancer patients are conversing and you will probably see the term RSO more often than BHO. There is a good reason for that. RSO is decarbed concentrated cannabis oil made and decarbed with choice solvents for many reasons. You can see differences in the extractions using different solvents, it has been charted. You can also let it sit in a cool dark area for 6 weeks and allow the oil to finish naturally decarbing and the results can come out much different.

For cancer patients, let me make this clear, a $12 rice cooker will compare to or outdo a $280,000 CO2 extraction unit. Well, add a coffee mug warmer and it will outdo it, I have pictures of the CO2 unit, but do not have permission to use them for this conversation.

The rice cooker and choice solvents are the key to decarbing the oil, when done correctly and allowed to complete decarbing naturally for 4 to 8 weeks, no one is going to be able to start off eating a gram per day, I guarantee it, unless they already have a hefty tolerance to be able to do that.

For those who continue to knock RSO and its potential have not had the opportunity to try good quality product. Made from bud, not leaf or sugar trim.

As for money, are you caregiver's and dispensary foolish? Most all of the dispensaries are selling garbage oil that is supposed to be high quality RSO. At $35/gram, I am confident that is junk. I only get 4 grams per ounce of bud on a good day. That is using my best buds and investing a lot of time and effort into the product. You really think somebody would do that for $140 using the cream of their crops? Where is the money in all of this? Medicinal if you ask me. Yes, recreational, many consumers, but medicinal, with confidence, big bucks, to make it correctly with the cream of your crops. The cancer patients are desperate and are willing to pay anything if they believe it will work. It is too bad they keep getting ripped off with junk. People like me keep pointing that out. I tell them it is better to make it yourself. I am also tired of pointing out to other growers and oil makers that RSO is different and is the real deal. Decarbing is a bit more complicated than just throwing product into an oven and believing it will be all good. A simple test of the finished product is not good enough either. The real money is in the real RSO. 85 to 95% pure THC. That is not good enough,.people want proof and experience. There is plenty of money in it, I am offered money all the time, they ask me what would it take, they beg me. They ask me to recommend someone that makes quality oil, I am unable to do so. I keep telling them to make it themselves and then they will know what they are really getting.

I can't believe that there is not a dispensary in CO that has achieved what I am picturing. I know I could. Here is a little proof. This is just Michigan, I do get requests from all over the world.  Just this week: "I will pay $$ I order to not be lied to like I have already." This person wanted to know if I approved of them spending $5,000 for 60 grams of oil from an unknown source. I told her I have no idea, I would have to try the oil and ask a lot of questions of the maker. I would say it was worth it if it was top notch. Keep in mind, I have never taken $$ for oil and I have given away hundreds of grams of top notch oil. This is from a MI patient fully familiar with the MMMP. Don't you caregivers want that kind of $$? What's the matter with you? As far as I am concerned smoking joints is a recreational use of marijuana, a couple steps above tobacco. Yes, my standards have changed and I think differently than I used to, but RSO to me is the real deal. I am sorry grassmatch, but I must say, you are not correct. RSO is known by millions. Do you know how many people with AIDS that would give anything for RSO, the real deal? Wouldn't it be awesome to actually make money and change people's lives for the better at the same time instead of trading one problem for another like our current medical system does? It is time to wake up, many others have, I used to be ignorant too. It is not just me that believes this, it is the majority. Proof from a very popular website regarding marijuana. I am talking about big bucks and saving lives. It really works if done top notch. Call it managing cancer if you will, either way it is the best. Obviously many oil makers who dis RSO have not tried it or were given samples of bad oil. Really the closest thing it reminds me of when taking a small dose is a nice potent hit of LSD. It is not like smoking or vaping, there is something very different about it. As for potency, I'm sorry but there is not a dab out there that will come close to potency. Ask anyone who has gone through the Rick Simpson treatment with quality product and they will set you straight. No one is eating a whole gram right off the bat of quality oil. Here is the link, do you see that it is now close to 150,000 views? Look for My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil. http://boards.cannabis.com/concentrates/ This is about me and my experience with a lot of feedback from the public. Just puny feedback. I can't imagine how far it has spread, between the many mmj forums and facebook, it has to be in the billions.

I swear, I did not believe it until I tried it for myself. There is something about boiling it in the rice cooker with 99% iso or other choice solvent and letting it sit for up to 8 weeks before use. I have never seen anything compare whatsoever, it is stronger than shrooms and LSD in many ways.

I am no punk here. I have already proven myself. I grew up with motorcycle gangs. I have already seen it all, well I thought, until I tried RSO.

This is just my opinion here. I do not wish to open any doors to petty arguments. I haven't made RSO since my thread about my Heavenly RSO Making Day.