Help Ohio Legalize Marijuana

t-pain

For the record I'm with you on treating it like a tomato, but I realize that's a radical view right now and the reason it's made it in most places or will, is that someone put up the money to gather signatures and politicians look at it as a source of income. We aren't at the point for anyplace to take the leap without taxes and do it for the people without a bribe or thru the expensive legal channels.  Every state that makes a step towards total decrim is a step in the right direction.  Till states just see the upside of industry and tourism and just having openly legal industry.  that hasn't happened and won't happen tomorrow.  The key is to keep pushing.  If there were no home grow part I'd be totally against it.  But you know that legally a lot can be produced, esp for recreational users, with a plant coming down every 2 weeks.  The size doesn't matter and they can veg a long time.  To me that would be sweet as a rec user. And probably much more than sufficient for medical use.  I know I don't use 1/2oz a day.

Tell them to step off. Don't act like you like it. I don't care if they are R's or D's, when they come around with that part where they want to make money off of us I just say NO. When they start about us paying for  'public safety' I just say NO, we are not dangerous. When they say we should pay off the national debt I say NO we support ourselves don't hang that around our necks. We owe them NOTHING so step OFF.

They want to take a prisoner, marijuana, that they falsely imprisoned for decades, put her on probation, with a tether, and make her pay for it. They should publicly exonerate her and set her free without any further unjust restrictions. They have done enough damage already. 

When our law passed I went and talked with a high ranking Michigan State Police Sargent about the law and his interpretation.

He said," You still are not going to be allowed to make money off of it".

I say now the shoe should be on the other foot. 

They don't get to make money off of it.

Get off my grass. Get a real job if you need money. We are not going to make you and your family rich no matter who you are. Step off and find someone else to be your victims. We are crawling out from under your boots. 

Edited by Restorium2

For the record I'm with you on treating it like a tomato, but I realize that's a radical view right now and the reason it's made it in most places or will, is that someone put up the money to gather signatures and politicians look at it as a source of income. We aren't at the point for anyplace to take the leap without taxes and do it for the people without a bribe or thru the expensive legal channels.  Every state that makes a step towards total decrim is a step in the right direction.  Till states just see the upside of industry and tourism and just having openly legal industry.  that hasn't happened and won't happen tomorrow.  The key is to keep pushing.  If there were no home grow part I'd be totally against it.  But you know that legally a lot can be produced, esp for recreational users, with a plant coming down every 2 weeks.  The size doesn't matter and they can veg a long time.  To me that would be sweet as a rec user. And probably much more than sufficient for medical use.  I know I don't use 1/2oz a day.

Sitting back on our laurels accomplishes nothing ... radical views and actions are what makes change.

Lawmakers want to keep their jobs... LAWMAKING and will fight us tooth and nail to continue to do so.

It is our duty as people of this great nation to affect change through radical thought and action.

How the heck was this country founded btw... by apathetic persons taking baby steps........ hell no.

no offense to anyone, but some of ya'll be arguing in a circular manner.

your argument is

we cant do legalization because legislature will mess it up!

that is a perfectly understandable opinion to form based on history of the legislature messing up the mmma.

2nd argument is

we should do a decrim law.

well whats to stop the legislature from messing up the decrim law?

legalization vs decriminalization are the same in this regard as both being weak to the legislature's whims.

your next argument is that medical nor legalization laws have kept people out of jail or from being prosecuted. i agree, not everyone has been protected here and in wa/colorado. thousands of people have been protected however , and each one of these laws increases popular opinion about marijuana, thus enabling more support for ballot initatives.

think of it this way. if california's medical marijuana law was never voted on, do you think many other states would have done mmj? do you think public opinion of mj would be at 58% and medical mj at 80-90% ?

i've seen the same arguement from the ohio'ans.

"we should wait for 100% decrim!"

ok, how long are we gonna wait?

further, some of you are arguing that everything will be ok if we just vote out the republicans.

while this may be true, there is not one state in this country that managed to get rid of the republicans. unfortunately this strategy, while being a worthy cause, has little chance of succeeding.

so i want to ask you out there who are against legalization , do you think you could come back here to reality for a minute? do some calculations, some math, some estimations, and maybe some fact finding?

I will never be convinced.

I feel your arguments for legalization are circular.

Remove cannabis from the csa is the only sane solution.

Those who cannot or will not embrace this radical idea are part of the problem not the solution imho.

btw... how is gov't to 'legally' tax and regulate cannabis when it is still Sched 1?

Hmmm anyone really give that thought.  Talk about grey areas....

Repeal prohibition get on board or deal with the crap laws 'they' make up for us

when they have not one iota of knowledge about cannabis.

Trust my gov't to do the 'right' thing... bah.. not likely.

Tell them to step off. Don't act like you like it. I don't care if they are R's or D's, when they come around with that part where they want to make money off of us I just say NO. When they start about us paying for  'public safety' I just say NO, we are not dangerous. When they say we should pay off the national debt I say NO we support ourselves don't hang that around our necks. We owe them NOTHING so step OFF.

They want to take a prisoner, marijuana, that they falsely imprisoned for decades, put her on probation, with a tether, and make her pay for it. They should publicly exonerate her and set her free without any further unjust restrictions. They have done enough damage already. 

Then grow your own under the law and don't support the cartel.  At least if it's voted in people have a choice.  now they have no choice.

When our law passed I went and talked with a high ranking Michigan State Police Sargent about the law and his interpretation.

He said," You still are not going to be allowed to make money off of it".

I say now the shoe should be on the other foot. 

They don't get to make money off of it.

Get off my grass. Get a real job if you need money. We are not going to make you and your family rich no matter who you are. Step off and find someone else to be your victims. We are crawling out from under your boots. 

Where is your power?  I'll stand up all day and say the same thing but i have no power either so it doesn't do a sh it bit of good.  If they shouldn't make money off of it(which they shouldn't) use the personal grow clause and don't pay the retail ops.  Then everyone gets their way.  People who couldn't care less if they pay a couple extra bucks to the gov can go to retail outlets and others can grow at home.  I don't see why people want to make it so that people can't go to a retail outlet if they want.  You should know better since you couldn't grow your own legally at a certain point, why vote AGAINST people who don't care and just want to smoke a couple grams a week(maybe that's why we still have opposition, cause nothing is good enough for some, divide and conquer).  I think it's all the people who want to grow and make money that are against it, which I don't know why if you can legally pull down 4-8 ozs a week off of a legal, personal grow.  If you can't tell that the cartel threw that in as appeasement so that people could have extra, then your not realizing that they understood they couldn't control it all and left room for a cottage industry.

One thing, if it doesn't work you probably won't get anyone to fit the bill but very generous billionaires who you'll be waiting a long time for.  These investors MAY not even be able to make their money back if everyone grows their own.  I know doubtful, if that was the case every 7-11, rite aid and walgreens would be out of business.  Let people choose their method, this gives options to all except people who want to make money legally out in the open.

I will never be convinced.

I feel your arguments for legalization are circular.

Remove cannabis from the csa is the only sane solution.

Those who cannot or will not embrace this radical idea are part of the problem not the solution imho.

You are buying right into their divide and conquer.  Either take the steps offered or start a gofundme, because you'll wait forever for your option.  No one will put up the millions for what you want so you're now being obstructionists to ANYTHING moving forward.  Has our senate and house taught you all nothing?  No wonder we're in teh position we are as a country.  No one will compromise an inch.  Well, it's not my fault!

You are buying right into their divide and conquer.  Either take the steps offered or start a gofundme, because you'll wait forever for your option.  No one will put up the millions for what you want so you're now being obstructionists to ANYTHING moving forward.  Has our senate and house taught you all nothing?  No wonder we're in teh position we are as a country.  No one will compromise an inch.  Well, it's not my fault!

What you are advocating is not a compromise, it's a jail sentence. 

Sitting back on our laurels accomplishes nothing ... radical views and actions are what makes change.

Lawmakers want to keep their jobs... LAWMAKING and will fight us tooth and nail to continue to do so.

It is our duty as people of this great nation to affect change through radical thought and action.

How the heck was this country founded btw... by apathetic persons taking baby steps........ hell no.

Read up on the mutual arising of opposites.  Radical views only arise the opposite radical view.  The pendulum moves slow or nothing at all or goes back the other way.  We wouldn't be here right now without baby steps.  Cali still doesn't have legal MJ because they won't settle for anything less than outright decrim.  And where do you hear the most stories about the smell and the houses molding up from humidity?  That's where you get kickback.  Not caring about others rights to not have to smell mj.  This is what will set up the push back.  So you can try and ram it down others throats or you can come to the center and get bunny muffin moving.  Choice is yours.

norby, did you ever think you'd see the day when pot smokers would be against legalization?

I just don't understand how someone who has been stepped on their whole life over this wouldn't take the $ help to get out of the arrest arena.  I don't understand how someone who has been told they can't do something or they'd be arrested wouldn't sympathize with others who just want to buy their stuff and not grow and there is a grow option for people who want to grow.  Did anyone read the article?  Better med law than xxx states, better grow rights than co etc.  the only problem is teh cartel which supposedly wants to rent the space to artisan cottage industry types.  Other than that the law ranks better than most in limits.  An oz of oil is legal for med patients.  I just don't understand.

I just don't understand how someone who has been stepped on their whole life over this wouldn't take the $ help to get out of the arrest arena.  I don't understand how someone who has been told they can't do something or they'd be arrested wouldn't sympathize with others who just want to buy their stuff and not grow and there is a grow option for people who want to grow.  Did anyone read the article?  Better med law than xxx states, better grow rights than co etc.  the only problem is teh cartel which supposedly wants to rent the space to artisan cottage industry types.  Other than that the law ranks better than most in limits.  An oz of oil is legal for med patients.  I just don't understand.

Better start trying harder to understand then.

Guess there are no politicians left to vote for.  Oh well.

The test is not the letter after their name it's what they do that counts. Oh well, no one said it was going to be easy. Easy means you got it all wrong .... My uncle the arsehole couldn't get voted in as a R so he changed and got voted in as a D. I'm not falling for that one. No way. 

While I've read plenty of personal jabs in just this thread alone, I do apologize to Norby for allowing myself to become part of that problem.

I will be more diligent in editing my comments in the future as my comment did nothing to further the conversation.

I just disagree that legalization will do anything except create a quagmire of bs allowing lawmakers to continue making more laws.

It is a vicious cycle and we can stop them, we can... but not by buying into the hype.

Does anyone believe that our gov't (corporations) is going to allow a 70 year industry that was built on prohibition to be dissolved

by more laws.  haha, now that is the epitome of insanity imho. Look past the hype and clear your minds.

To slap a dirty bandaid on a festering wound only perpetuates continuing infection.. it does not assist in healing the wound.

I hear you Norby... I do but I can no longer agree with the argument that more laws is "the right direction".

Look what's happened with our MMMP , that alone should be anyone's clue to how 'legalization' will go in the real world.

Did Prop 1 '08 stop registrants from arrest, prosecution, jail, loosing their children, loss of property? NO, it did not.  How

can any thinking person think that any new laws will stop this abomination against humanity?

Once we give them tax an regulate there is no take backs folks.

Remove cannabis from the csa and allow sales in an open market as with any other home grown products.

/rant

Did it lower the arrest rate and the fines, etc.  I think it did. 

Do you realize that making this one law negates other laws so in the end you have less laws and more freedom?

No take backs?  Are they collecting all the taxes in Co?  No the black market is still alive and well, why because people will fight to the end if they think it's too much.  R people growing more than their own amount and selling extra to friends?  I believe they are.  Why not take the interim solution, make networks and semilegally get around the taxes?

Is there farmers mkts still open?  R lots of people going to GC3 and making friends?  Do you think it would've happened in the open if there were no MMMA?  Open your eyes, people will still always fight against the powers that be.  This gives more protection in that direction.  It WILL still move the train along.  Arrests WILL be less because of the law and MJ will be more prevelant and move out of the shadows and into the open.  If the law doesn't go thru Ohio is pushed back to the back of the line cause no one will try it again for a while.  So less arrests, more freedom, loopholes to screw the govt and the cartel and choices for everyone.  Come into the light and see the reality of the situation.  Your "plan" will only be obstructionist and push the movement back a decade.

I really do have the same view but realize it's radical and I'm part of a country and can't accomplish anything by myself.  I have to work with other people with other views, I'm not a child holding my breath till I get my way.  Nothing gets accomplished that way, look at Cali, first in medical and no one can agree on recreational in over 20 years, what a waste.