Donald Trump " I Am 100% For Medical Marijuana"

Greg Rx

Wanna bet you can't lose principal in the bond market? Take a look at the price fluctuations in a U.S. Treasury bond mutual fund.

I've been in the market since 1987. You can't BS me. I'm a student of the stock market. That's how I know how dumb it was to suggest putting our SS into stocks. It's arse backwards thinking. You put disposable income in the stock market, not what you need to live off of. Ask any good adviser. I can tell you have not ever talked with one. 

Wanna bet you can't lose principal in the bond market? Take a look at the price fluctuations in a U.S. Treasury bond mutual fund.

Interest rates go up, bonds go down. Bonds go down, principal goes down.

Two plus two is ........

You are allowed to sell bonds before maturity thus creating a secondary market with fluctuating bond prices.  If held to maturity, it is guaranteed.

Let me demonstrate  with an example. If you buy a bond with a 10% coupon at its $1,000 par value, the yield is 10% ($100/$1,000). Pretty simple stuff. But if the price goes down to $800, then the yield goes up to 12.5%. This happens because you are getting the same guaranteed $100 on an asset that is worth $800 ($100/$800). Conversely, if the bond goes up in price to $1,200, the yield shrinks to 8.33% ($100/$1,200).

Then you have Treasuries which is what we are talking about.

Bonds:

• Bills, notes, bonds and savings bonds are risk-free U.S. government-backed investments.
  • They are transferable on the open market.
  • Bonds are sold through competitive and noncompetitive bidding at auction.
  • Bonds and notes pay fixed interest every six months until maturity.
  • Bills mature in a year or less, notes in two to 10 years, and bonds in 30 years.
  • The required minimum for a bill or note is $100; $25 for a bond.
  • Income on Treasuries is exempt from state and local taxes.

Treasury bills (T-bills) are short-term securities that mature in one year or less. You buy them for less than par (face) value. When the bill matures, you receive par value. For example, you might buy a $1,000 26-week T-bill for $985. If you hold it until maturity, you'll be paid $1,000. That extra $15 is the interest you earned.

When you buy a Treasury note or bond, the price and interest are determined at auction. Both securities pay interest every six months until maturity when you receive the full face value of the note.

If someone cashes a bond before maturity, you can buy what's left of that bond on something called the secondary market.

You are allowed to sell bonds before maturity thus creating a secondary market with fluctuating bond prices.  If held to maturity, it is guaranteed.

Let me demonstrate  with an example. If you buy a bond with a 10% coupon at its $1,000 par value, the yield is 10% ($100/$1,000). Pretty simple stuff. But if the price goes down to $800, then the yield goes up to 12.5%. This happens because you are getting the same guaranteed $100 on an asset that is worth $800 ($100/$800). Conversely, if the bond goes up in price to $1,200, the yield shrinks to 8.33% ($100/$1,200).

Then you have Treasuries which is what we are talking about.

And a very nice place to buy and manage them.

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/

I hear these mouthpieces speak of how they feel about marijuana, and what could/should be done to make us feel more warm and fuzzy about it, but have any of them clearly stated exactly what they will do to accomplish this feat?  Where are their marijuana efforts in history, before they had to sell us something?  Did any sponsor bills to free cannabis political prisoners, or to reschedule cannabis, or sign petitions to legalize in the past? 

I recall presidential candidates talking about how they want to end a war, bring home our sons, etc, but that didn't happen for instance. They speak of building giant walls in America to keep people out, but we know that wont happen. Are their promises or just ideals that resonate with some?

Candidates make promises they cannot keep once in office.  No matter the good intent of any prez, those promises are so often thwarted.

So imho, what they promise may / may not reflect their ideals and those ideals may reflect some of my values.  That is the candidate I choose.

Promises are often broken also.

Remember folks MI Primaries are March 8.

Candidates make promises they cannot keep once in office.  No matter the good intent of any prez, those promises are so often thwarted.

So imho, what they promise may / may not reflect their ideals and those ideals may reflect some of my values.  That is the candidate I choose.

Promises are often broken also.

Remember folks MI Primaries are March 8.

Bernie has been saying the same thing for a long time. He's been doing the same thing for a long time. He's easy to read. No surprises at all. What he can get done depends on how much help we(Americans) give him by voting in like minded legislators. 

It's a simple package deal you can define. We can only make this happen by voting for him in the primaries then it's up to the rest of the country to follow through. It is what it is at that point. 

The polls are starting to look like the (D) race is firming up as men versus women. We need to avoid that at all costs. Because if it keeps going in that direction we will see Hillary against Trump. I don't know how many of the potential (D) guys are going to flip to Trump when faced with a gender war. If this race gets framed up as men versus women it will not be good for the country. 

I've heard NO cannabis promises from any candidate except current prez, and not sure if his words have been heeded.  I do hear things like "I support medical marijuana" and "I think it should be rescheduled' but no "here's what I am going to do" from anyone. The president can reschedule the drug. he can make it legal. He can release cannabis political prisoners of the past and present. He has that power and he can make that promise and he could keep it....if he wanted to do any of the above he might do well in letting others know exactly what his plans are, how and when he will execute them, and then froth some on his cannabis opinions and ideals.    Its not what this country can do for this president, it's what the this president WILL do for this country !  imo

Actually that is very likely. Build the wall, yes. Make Mexico pay for it, negotiable.  No amnesty, yes, forcibly deport millions, negot

Why would Mexico pay for the wall unless we want a war?  Deport 12 million people. Where to put them as we try to do that? 

Concentration camps. OR we could have them do a forced march.

Stocks lose principal. Bonds/treasuries do not.

Security over risk.

Only if held to expiration The Bond market is the biggest market. If interest rates go down from where you bought it then you can make a profit if you sell it. You can loose money if the rates go up.

Hey mrd... good to see you... haven't seen ya's around for a bit.

Hope all is well.

Thanks I need to find some new patients. Been battling spider mites. Have a new mutant  lc cross I call it krazy Kat. Makes people laugh and tell bad jokes while being stoney. No no one has it