Gary Johnson Is Clueless Again

Restorium2

Gary Johnson: NO gun control, NO climate change measures, NO free tuition, PROTECT Citizens United (corporate contributions without limit), MORE fracking, NO minimum wage, NO paid family and medical leave, REPEAL Obamacare and leave it in the hands of the private marketplace. Don't put the government in charge of immigration quotas - anyone should be able to come into the country and get a work visa. 

And millenials seriously want this guy as president??

thats just wrong all over.

Supports 2nd ammendment but wants to put a mechanism in place to prevent mentally ill from obtaining guns.

Would support legislation to impose fee's on carbon emmisions and apply revenue towards green energy sources.

Does not support free tuition, because its not free, could never be free and to think otherwise is ignorant, we already have a huge defecit and you want to add more? Supports education mostly being handled by the states, in his words "50 laboratorys of innovation".

Supports a free and open market increasing competition, thus decreasing costs-economic fact-the current system is as far from a free and open market as can be, and healthcare costs have RISEN for MOST people due to it.

Supports campaign contributions from anywhere, BUT they must be 100 percent transparent, this is not what citizens united is.

Supports a clear avenue for immigrants to get a work visa, you cant simply deport them, they tried that in alabama and it was disatrous for the agricultural industry, there going to be here anyway, why not make it easier to get work visa's and pay taxes.

Social security and medicare, if continued as they are now, or without including any of the projected growth over the next years results in no social security down the road, so something needs to be done right now, gary jhonson is the only candidate i have heard with a plan.

The whole point is with the current partys at the helm, our nation is going bankrupt. We can not keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Thats insanity, to think that our monetary system cant collapse or is not going to collapse if we keep our current trajectory and spending up, is a head in the sand attitude. For all your infinite wisdom resto, you seem to be ignorant of what is actually happening right now. 20 trillion in debt in just 16 years, with over half of that in the last 8, that has to be paid BACK with INTEREST, we barrow our fn money, barrow it, not print it.

But w/e, dont listen to any of his interviews, keep listening to clinton telling you what you want to hear, meanwhile all her cronys are preparing the legislation they want, knowing she will pass it, after all thats what they paid for.

I listened to his interviews. That's how I know he is totally clueless about basic geography, history, and current events. I even posted his interview with links to all of them. He's a really nice guy but not very smart. His brain isn't engaged or something. Hard to put it nicely. 

Edited by Restorium2

thats just wrong all over.

Supports 2nd ammendment but wants to put a mechanism in place to prevent mentally ill from obtaining guns.

Would support legislation to impose fee's on carbon emmisions and apply revenue towards green energy sources.

Does not support free tuition, because its not free, could never be free and to think otherwise is ignorant, we already have a huge defecit and you want to add more? Supports education mostly being handled by the states, in his words "50 laboratorys of innovation".

Supports a free and open market increasing competition, thus decreasing costs-economic fact-the current system is as far from a free and open market as can be, and healthcare costs have RISEN for MOST people due to it.

Supports campaign contributions from anywhere, BUT they must be 100 percent transparent, this is not what citizens united is.

Supports a clear avenue for immigrants to get a work visa, you cant simply deport them, they tried that in alabama and it was disatrous for the agricultural industry, there going to be here anyway, why not make it easier to get work visa's and pay taxes.

Social security and medicare, if continued as they are now, or without including any of the projected growth over the next years results in no social security down the road, so something needs to be done right now, gary jhonson is the only candidate i have heard with a plan.

The whole point is with the current partys at the helm, our nation is going bankrupt. We can not keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Thats insanity, to think that our monetary system cant collapse or is not going to collapse if we keep our current trajectory and spending up, is a head in the sand attitude. For all your infinite wisdom resto, you seem to be ignorant of what is actually happening right now. 20 trillion in debt in just 16 years, with over half of that in the last 8, that has to be paid BACK with INTEREST, we barrow our fn money, barrow it, not print it.

Not really apparent on his website. The platform issues are vague and looked cobbled together by a politician that just doesn't want to get specific;  you really have to go to wiki and other sources to get any kind of solid information on his positions. His first act will be to submit a balanced budget, but this requires reducing spending by 1 trillion a year (1/4 of the current budget) yet  Johnson says nothing about what he will actually cut (hint: it's gotta be drastic cuts to military and social security. NO WAY either will get through Congress). There is no gun control topic on his website, but he does not feel that automatic weapons should be restricted at all. He told CNN that he would abolish the federal minimum wage (he also vetoed state minimum wage a governor). He is against collective bargaining, didn't support TARP (this let little guys like myself re-mortgage a house whose value plummeted after the housing collapse), supports MORE coal plants, wants a market based health care system (will be great for healthy people, but not sick folks), has been quoted as saying "my plans don't include doing anything when it comes to student loans".

Really, though, the bottom line is that I will be voting out of self interest. For all of the problem with Obamacare, it does guarantee health care for sick people. I'd be bankrupt without it. Hillary will without a doubt work to try and fix it, not abolish it like the republicans and Johnson.

congress, we can only hope, are the only ones who can stop the president, no matter who that will be.

so yeah, each candidate has nutty ideas.

johnson - a lot of libertarian nonsense

trump - republican and taxes 'trickle down' nonsense, build wall nonsense.

clinton - fight 5 wars at once, with your tax dollars , killing thousands of innocents.

stein - dont even think i've looked at her policies yet haha! besides the weeds and the energies and cutting 50% military.

Johnson is pretty ignorant about geography, history and even current events. I would like to see someone a lot smarter do that job. Besides that, it's madness to just cast your vote out of protest and waste it. Pure madness. But that is your right. You get enough folks to do that and Trump will win. 

No he isn't, the media is only showing the two sound bites where he doesn't recognize Allepo and couldn't think of a foreign leader he respected. The Detroit News made their final decision to endorse him based on his foreign policy stance.

Isn't it madness to vote for something you don't believe in just to make sure something else you don't believe in beats something you do?

No he isn't, the media is only showing the two sound bites where he doesn't recognize Allepo and couldn't think of a foreign leader he respected. The Detroit News made their final decision to endorse him based on his foreign policy stance.

Isn't it madness to vote for something you don't believe in just to make sure something else you don't believe in beats something you do?

I watched the whole interviews dude. Just like I said. I don't appreciate you making me sound shallow when I put a lot of time into my decisions. Take a break and get real. This is important to me, not some game. 

And on top of the fact he's clueless he will only get 5-6 % of the vote, so a vote for Gary Johnson is a vote that helps Trump. And voting in a way to help Trump is like voting to have an asteroid hit the Earth. My time here isn't done. I have some life left to live so I'm not wanting doomsday soon or ever. 

Besides, who could actually believe in what Johnson is shilling?

I do. I'm what they call an anarcho-capitalist. As far as I'm concerned, ideologically both candidates are exactly the same. It's just a matter of degree and obnoxiousness.

Anarcho-capitalism (also known as “libertarian anarchy” or “market anarchism” or “free market anarchism”) is a libertarian and individualist anarchist political philosophy that advocates the elimination of the state in favor of individual sovereignty in a free market.

If you pay attention this stuff is really predictable. If you don't then you blindfold your eyes and pin the tail on the donkey. Those of us who have been paying attention are trying to help you take off your blindfolds. You would have to think that we have some sort of ulterior motives to not believe us. You should know us better by now. We are not guessing, this stuff is predictable. 

And also, I just can't understand the anarcho-capitalist that doesn't realize by now that in the absence of government restrictions, corporations take over everything.

The problem with corporations now is that government cronies force you to buy their products and services under their terms. Without the government to back them up you wouldn't have to purchase insurance if you didn't want to, for instance, but if you did it would be your choice what coverage you wanted not a government mandate. Without government manipulation of the market, prices would be driven by supply and demand, not by subsidies paid for by tax dollars to prop up big business.

Gary Johnson is way mainstream for a Libertarian but they are going after votes now not so ideologically pure as when they first formed.

As far as poll results, most of the polls used by the debate committee don't poll anyone under the age of 35. They conduct their polls by calling land lines. So the respondents are people with landlines who answer "unknown caller" calls. Know anybody like that?

The first question is generally, "Will you vote for Trump or Clinton?", later on in the poll the third parties are brought into play. He pools higher than trump with millennials and beats Clinton with active military.

Both candidates are statists and would only grow the size of government. They only differ in degree of danger to us. Clinton has the blood of thousands on her hands and Trump would have even more on his if given a chance. I can't condone the behavior of either and won't have any part of putting either one in a position of power.

Personally I don't want any government at all. No one ever asked if I wanted to participate in their "government" scheme, a series of thefts, murders and Ponzi schemes, if they had I would have declined. I vote in the pretend elections primarily because people say, "If you don't vote you can't complain".

After Bush's theft of the election does anyone actually believe the elections make any difference in the actual choice of President?

Edited by Wild Bill

The problem with corporations now is that government cronies force you to buy their products and services under their terms. Without the government to back them up you wouldn't have to purchase insurance if you didn't want to, for instance, but if you did it would be your choice what coverage you wanted not a government mandate. Without government manipulation of the market, prices would be driven by supply and demand, not by subsidies paid for by tax dollars to prop up big business.

Gary Johnson is way mainstream for a Libertarian but they are going after votes now not so ideologically pure as when they first formed.

As far as poll results, most of the polls used by the debate committee don't poll anyone under the age of 35. They conduct their polls by calling land lines. So the respondents are people with landlines who answer "unknown caller" calls. Know anybody like that?

The first question is generally, "Will you vote for Trump or Clinton?", later on in the poll the third parties are brought into play. He pools higher than trump with millennials and beats Clinton with active military.

Both candidates are statists and would only grow the size of government. They only differ in degree of danger to us. Clinton has the blood of thousands on her hands and Trump would have even more on his if given a chance. I can't condone the behavior of either and won't have any part of putting either one in a position of power.

Personally I don't want any government at all. No one ever asked if I wanted to participate in their "government" scheme, a series of thefts, murders and Ponzi schemes, if they had I would have declined. I vote in the pretend elections primarily because people say, "If you don't vote you can't complain".

After Bush's theft of the election does anyone actually believe the elections make any difference in the actual choice of President?

Interesting Bill. Especially the insurance thoughts. I have read that less than 50% of Detroit drivers have vehicle insurance. I also have anecdotal evidence that prosecutors don't persue "driving without insurance" charges. My vehicle insurance charges are through the roof. Young drivers are pretty much screwed. They can't afford insurance so they can't afford a car so they can't get a job so around and around it goes...

There is reason for hope though. Insurance costs will take a big nose dive as soon as self driving cars take to the road. I imagine that people who agree to let the car drive for them will get YOOGE insurance discounts. People who want to drive their own car will still have to pay through the nose. A good example of the market setting prices.

Apparently the entire car industry is going to be upended in the next ten or twenty years. Car ownership will become a thing of the past. Rental and Uber style car sharing will become the norm.