1337 Multistrain Grow

1337Gr33n

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I slow cooked the oil in a crock pot with the basil and cannabis for about 4 hours. i roasted the pine nuts separate. then when the cannabis oil was turned off i added the garlic, nuts, and cheese. i let it sit and cool for an hour or so, then added to some buttered flat bread. threw some cheeses and crumbled bacon on top.

Thanks Mezz and TheQuietOne! i have a clone off the above pictured Romulan that looks totally different! She has very dark colored leaves. I have fed the urine outta her! She takes food almost every day, and still loves it. I have also not topped that plant, and have put it in to a tomato cage, to see how it grows. I am just constantly messing with stuff to see how it works out. Learning my room with my strains, my lights, etc.

Disclaimer: I have had some Romulan in the last couple of months that is far more well-known as Romulan, and is definitely a more Indica style strain. My pheno is certainly way more sativa in style. So, some may think it is an "imposter" or fake strain, made up to sound like a real one. I just know the person i got it from is a top notch person, and knows their stuff. The smoke is really great. Mellow, sweet, and as Mezz describes it, "granny smith apple" flavors and smells dominate it.

I have actually just started to make some Pesto with it. I got some lovely hydroponic Basil from my dudes at Growco. I have a feeling this evening is gonna be quite chipper. ;)

The only thing I knew about the Romulan cut was that a patient told me it was selected by his friend out of a pack of Romulan. Don't know if it's Federation Seeds or Next Generation or what the source is. I have heard tell of the sativa pheno on the webs, so it's not all that uncommon. It may be closer to the original strain than the indica phenos.

i tell you what, whatever it is, it is a pretty amazing plant. i think it must have some Thai lineage to it. the way it wraps around the stalk in a spiral pattern, and is all stretchy and lanky... it has this crazy orange hue to it. all very Thai characteristics if you ask me. i wanted to put that up there, because in this area, there is a TON of Romulan, and NONE of it looks or smells anything like this one. The ones i've seen around here have been very indica, and squat beefy plants with big dense buds and tons of trichomes. My Romulan is nothing like that. So, i think it is interesting genealogy to find out what's what there. but the truth will likely never be known.

We'll i have been scarce lately. life is just busy with kids and all. Here is my mommy Swampy's Free Leonard. (more like swamp monster!) All in all i estimate her total age is about 160 days. She has been in flower for 13 days. This one's gonna be an absolute beast!

gallery_15165_299_1804407.jpg

Here is the next Romulan hanging with the help of a bungee cord on the main cola. :rolleyes:

gallery_15165_299_1613222.jpg

Here is another update. The OG Kush. The fan leaves on this thing are just huge. Very hearty plant in every way. This is Day 24 in flower for her. The second picture is one flower on the OG Kush.

gallery_15165_299_1911570.jpg

gallery_15165_299_1701560.jpg

Kush by Dr. Dre

no typo there guys. She was put in on Dec 19. That plant is almost 160 days old. She started to bud and show trichome development while still in 24/0 veg!

Now I see. This is one plant that really wants to bud, I know. Trying to reveg mine right now. It's a mess. I think it's coming around though. If I can just get enough nodal space to take a cutting then I can bud out this crazy thing. It kind of looks like a swamp monster too now that I think about it.

we'll see what becomes of the Swamp Monster! Thanks for the great pic, Bish! (look back a page or two for an homage to you, as well!) Mezz has a great discussion started about teas HERE. I wrote the below entry there. but for anyone watching this grow thread, i wanted to have it here as well.

For my soil grow(Happy Frog), i use Age Old Kelp, Age Old Grow, Age Old Bloom, and Earth Juice Catalyst. I brew the catalyst and Kelp with the Oregonism grow or bloom for about 5 hours or so before feeding while bubbling the gallon of water i have added the amendments to.

I usually feed feed water for my pattern (generally). Because of the multistrain nature of my grow, i have to adjust how much nutrient rich water and how much plain water for each individual flowering plant. In veg, they get feed feed water, as well as a light Kelp and water foliar spritz as often as possible.

The most excellent dudes at GrowCo explained that the natural organic ingredients do not get broken down completely just by being in the soil. The Micorrhiza helps work with the Catalyst to break down all of the nutrients into a fully digestible (by the plant) state.

Also, i found this pic from a while back in this same thread. It is of the tops of this particular Swampy's Mommy Monster. It was uploaded on the day taken 10-26.

gallery_15165_260_2085212.jpg

Archived