1337 Multistrain Grow

1337Gr33n

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im tellin ya those pots you use do a world of dif,I think your TW is double the size of mine!LoL and TQO I cant wait to get her in flower but I wont rush her,I might break down and buy some of those air pots as I want her to be as healthy as possible-your pics are very encouraging/ both of you. :goodjob:

Kind, that is a Smart Pot (the ones that are like felt fabric). The air pots are the ones that have dimples all over them. They work off the principle that the roots travel toward the oxygen on the other side of the pot. When they get to there, the oxygen cauterizes the end of the root, forcing root growth further back. repeat ad infinitum that plant is 13" today. I am going to transplant her this weekend to her 5 gallon home. Give her a couple of days to get settled. Then, i am gonna cut her up like the mommy plant she is! :sword:

whew,im relieved-I thought she was a good 2ft by the pic,I am on par then but they look much easier for storage then my stack of buckets lol.I was planning the same that mine will also be a mother as ive read and heard too many good things about the strain to let her escape my garden,what do the "smart pots" and "air pots" run for cost and sizes as well if you dont mind when putting prices-thx

So, my BubbleGum is getting all sensitive on me. She can't seem to hang with the nutes that every other girl is getting in flower. Thoughts?

by the way, her smell is excellent. super sweet as usual. The buds are nice and dense. 40%RH and 76 F is what she is livin in. Also note, i flowered her in a tomato cage. just wanted to see how it went. meh is my findings for this particlar strain in the tomato cage. I am having some nice luck with the next Romulan flowering up in a tomato cage, though.

gallery_15165_299_1883687.jpg

Most leaves are pretty healthy (75%) But many toward the top, especially on/near colas, are getting 'used up'. Is that anything to worry about? I am on day 47 (of what should be 58-ish.)

Also, in the coming weeks, i hope to do a two bucket DWC grow.

So, my BubbleGum is getting all sensitive on me. She can't seem to hang with the nutes that every other girl is getting in flower. Thoughts?

by the way, her smell is excellent. super sweet as usual. The buds are nice and dense. 40%RH and 76 F is what she is livin in. Also note, i flowered her in a tomato cage. just wanted to see how it went. meh is my findings for this particlar strain in the tomato cage. I am having some nice luck with the next Romulan flowering up in a tomato cage, though.

gallery_15165_299_1883687.jpg

Most leaves are pretty healthy (75%) But many toward the top, especially on/near colas, are getting 'used up'. Is that anything to worry about? I am on day 47 (of what should be 58-ish.)

Also, in the coming weeks, i hope to do a two bucket DWC grow.

Wow that looks nice and gooey great job man ! :goodjob:

I've got the fruity skunky earthy pungent pheno Greenhouse seeds version. Insane high, with definate time loss abilities.. very smooth evolving head high that picks the elevation up a plane, very clear, pain loss, euphoric, happy buzz. Excellent yielder 7oz. off a christmas tree indoors. very branchy. clones grow the same tree shape.Greenhouse has been on the money with all genetics!!!!!!! Believe what you see from them and what they describe :goodjob::thumbsu:

Truth in advertising moment here. i realised that the Cheese needed to dry more after i chopped her to bits. So, that cola dropped to about 23 grams before she headed back to cure. This particular strain with these nutes in my soil (and only pseuado-flushed - as much as you can flush in soil - for 7 days) tastes very old school and earthy. it does have a light cheesy after taste. Hopefully, that will develop more as curing progresses. a VERY powerful initial stone, followed by a melllllllowwww slide down in to the tireds. Pain? What pain?

:goodjob: Nice work!! Swampys looks like a nice strain, good grow tactics. decent size plants, and a little variety :thumbsu:

Here is updates on the girls.

Swampy's Free Leonard, Day 27 in Flower, Day 160-ish alive.

gallery_15165_299_1974328.jpg

BubbleGum Day 57 (almost done)

gallery_15165_299_1253329.jpg

OG Kush Day 38

gallery_15165_299_1750203.jpg

Next on Deck - God Bud (a cutting from a plant grown from Seed by BC Bud Depot)

gallery_15165_299_1601496.jpg

Excuse all the images. I hope i don't encourage people to quote the pictures too often with the way i am posting. I just know this way works with the most browsers and security measures.

So, here are some pics of the Bubble gum after harvest:

gallery_15165_299_583521.jpg

gallery_15165_299_2027309.jpg

Handling that plant is like rolling around in a duct tape factory or something! super sticky. tons of scissor hash to be had!

One of the things that i wanted to show everyone through this thread, is that there is a lot of joy, and a lot of trials in a multistrain grow. This is especially true for the newer grower. You would have to be willing to receive a lot of tutoring and knowledge from those who have been doing it a lot longer than you to succeed. i know i have! i have had some really great support from a large number of people on this site. I just want everyone to know that it is VERY appreciated!

So, back to where i was going with all that... In any grow there is always the concern of "am i balancing the nutes right for this plant at this time in this set of environmental variables?" But in a multi-strain grow, that concern is compounded by the variables of plants. Thankfully, this isn't rocket science, and there is hope for a dope like me in growing multiple strains. Also, i have a couple of mitigating factors- my nutrient schedule and dosage is uniform enough, then i can tell which plants need to have less nutrient rich water, and more straight water. The biggest help is the fact i have been growing in soil. It's so forgiving.

There will be a variation coming on the medium. But for now, more thoughts on managing the multi-strain grow. One of the other main concerns with any grow is the level of the canopy. We bend plants, tie them up, and generally find any household item or holiday ornament to aid us in leveling that canopy so the light can be as close as possible to the plants without burning them. The multi-strain grow compounds that issue as well. Now, the grower is dealing with not only variations within strains, but also with variations across strains! So, the battle goes LOW. Like, to the ground.

Way back in the beginning of this thread, there is a closeup of the light and the problem of the duct from the light to the fan to the exit ducting. I resolved that issue by committing to the highest level i can have my light at. I could cut another longer piece of flex tube for times of low lighting, and replace it with the smaller ducting as the lights get raised. But i don't like that amount of work created by that. So, i manage my canopy, by managing my floor.

gallery_15165_299_267191.jpg

From front left around to back left, back right, and front right, the plants areSwampy's Free Leonard in the AirPot (on a single white crate bought at meijer), OG Kush in the Smart Pot (on two white Meijer crates), Romulan on the floor (since she is so stretchy!), and BubbleGum (in another Smart Pot) on a different brand crate that is taller than the white ones (and a 3 gallon bucket on that!). That produces this canopy:

gallery_15165_299_1615899.jpg

I would love to get that Swampy's a bit higher, but that Air Pot she is in cannot be help up by just anything. Speaking of Swampy's- here is a pic of the one in flower's daughter. she likes her roots gnarly too. (you may have to look real close, but i think this pic shows it).

gallery_15165_260_687181.jpg

Here is updates on the girls.

Swampy's Free Leonard, Day 27 in Flower, Day 170-ish alive.

gallery_15165_299_1974328.jpg

BubbleGum Day 57 (almost done)

gallery_15165_299_1253329.jpg

OG Kush Day 38

gallery_15165_299_1750203.jpg

Next on Deck - God Bud (a cutting from a plant grown from Seed by BC Bud Depot)

gallery_15165_299_1601496.jpg

Holy shat what is that first plant crossed with a seqoia?

Look at that side stalk wow ! :goodjob:

Impressive . :thumbsu:

hahaha, Thanks KingDiamond! That's the Mezz Cut fo sho! I was blessed with a wonderful pheno of Swampy's, and i take the charge as her caregiver to remember that! Thanks, Mezz, BBK, and Kind! i have a lotta work and a lotta fun in the garden. i really get a lot of encouragement from you guys. that's one of the reasons i like dong this so much. so, thank you all!

@ BubbleBerryKush, how long should i expect this OG Kush to flower?

Archived