1337 Multistrain Grow

1337Gr33n

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the kindness gang! Well, BubbleBerryKush, here is the OG Kush at day 50. They are really starting to get cloudy already, and it needs to be flushed. Fortunately, that started already on day 49. I am really happy to have this strain. It just grows magnificently. It hopes to be really killer smoke, if i dry and cure it properly.

gallery_15165_299_629180.jpg

gallery_15165_299_1647750.jpg

And here is a closeup of the aforementioned frosties (but please excuse the poor lighting on this one):

gallery_15165_299_1269556.jpg

awesome job!

KB..cant till i get swampy!

that Kush is looking great wow what density with stout branching and flower production,looks very well taken care of!!!

-how long did you vegetate for?

what brand bulbs you using?

are you using CO2?

your choice in genetics is great!

SWAMP BERRY/FREE BERRY/BLUE LEONARD AROUND THE CORNER?

will need genetic material from that cross!

Thanks for all the kindness gang! Well, BubbleBerryKush, here is the OG Kush at day 50. They are really starting to get cloudy already, and it needs to be flushed. Fortunately, that started already on day 49. I am really happy to have this strain. It just grows magnificently. It hopes to be really killer smoke, if i dry and cure it properly.

gallery_15165_299_1647750.jpg

thats my girl....I might have to get a cut of that back from you....lol...my mother has been looking bad the last few days, I think she has completed her life with me, and she is dying...she is so stressed lately (because I dont have enough time to deal with her properly unfortunately) that I would not even want to take a cut off of her....

awesome job!

that Kush is looking great wow what density with stout branching and flower production,looks very well taken care of!!!

-how long did you vegetate for?

what brand bulbs you using?

are you using CO2?

your choice in genetics is great!

SWAMP BERRY/FREE BERRY/BLUE LEONARD AROUND THE CORNER?

will need genetic material from that cross!

Thanks! It is great reinforcement to help me keep growing. I don't think i am going to get the yields BBK got with it quite yet. But i may be able to down the road.

Mine was in veg for 30 days or so. No major brand of bulb yet. Just a 600W Ultra Sun EP Super HPS Lamp, while i continue to dial in my rooms.

I don't use CO2. I am not in a position to make it worth the investment quite yet.

Saying i have a great choice in genetics, is just a compliment the MMMA. Each of these strains were free to me. I have never charged for a cutting or a clone, cause i never paid for them. These strains were shared with me by members (patients) i have met here. there are a ton of great people in this place!

I picked up a couple of cool new nutes this week: Age Old Fish & SeaWeed as well as the Age Old Humic 12. A wonderful person at my favorite store in the world gave me a sample bottle of Snow Storm Ultra to see how it works in my garden.

I am really liking the tack this is taking. I am not being pushed more nutrients as some sales gimmick, or to make my plants yield pounds (although if they ever did, i would be quite happy.) The moves i am making with nutrients in my garden are to make healthier soil, healthier plants, and ultimately, better tasting smoke. i have been blessed to know a lot of great people that share really good genetics. So, i just have to worry about bringing the best out those genetics. Giving the air and soil the best environment for the plants that i can, is job numero uno. These additions will only serve that end, healthier plant, more flavorful smoke. (provided i sufficiently flush)

I am also going to change up the feeding schedules. I had been feeding (in bloom) 2 days on/1 day off/2 on/1 off all the way through until the last 7-10 days when i would flush. I am now doing more to help the soil have a richer, more stable environment for the roots. They should be able to uptake nutrients at a much better level if i feed daily, flush for a day about 3-4 weeks into bloom, then back to daily feedings until the beginning of the 14 day flush.

Here is the current (ish) state of my veg room:

gallery_15165_260_1576219.jpg

What's that?? DWC?? Yep. Lucas formula. big learning curve for this mr natural. I'll start to journal more about my adventures with it, when i feel like i actually am beginning to understand wtf i am doing!

OG Kush recently harvested. WOW. Great meds! The cure has not even started, and this is the most potent strain i have grown to date! Thanks BBK!

haha! you lookin at lil Fauker? yeah, i've been reading and re-reading your threads (and others) on the subject. I have just REALLY been wanting to try it out.

So, for those of you interested START HERE. Then, go back TO HERE if you really do well at it. Here is the Lucas Formula info that you may need, should you choose to use that feeding program. Thank you, BubbleGrower for all of the instruction and documentation and SHARING! I will be using straight Lucas Formula for this first run. If i decide to continue using DWC, i will eventually try amending one portion of the cycle, as BubbleGrower has been doing with BushMaster.

I am using 2 Lowe's Buckets with These Mesh Pot Lids on them. FYI, i can already tell that i would like BubbleGrower's method of lids better than this setup. I like the idea of having a hole big enough to get water samples from, as well as to backfill. The lids i am using do not have a wide enough lip on them to be able to do this well. I am using One Six Inch Stone with both feeds from each Sunleaves DuraPump Air going to one stone. I am testing PH with a liquid PH Test kit. I am testing ppm with a TDS Essentials pen.

EDIT: I use two lines to one stone, as i have found that even with the pump i am using, they don't quite get all the air they could through one stone, so why divide them? I am in a small enough space (in a 5 Gal Bucket), unlike the more real estate that BubbleGrower has in his totes.

• 3 weeks later...

The buckets have been going really well. Both the Swampy's Free Leonard and the Train Wreck have grown some legs through the rocks and into the water below. Very Exciting! They have been pretty stable at around 550ppm, and are at a pretty consistent 5.8 rPh. I am using water from a local store that lets you bring in your own gallons and refill them for 39 cents a gallon. The water is purified with reverse osmosis, steam distilled, and shot with ultraviolet light for sanitation. i was using a couple of different iterations of BubbleGrower's DIY bubble tote cloners. I just could not seem to get it right. As you can see above, my Veg tent has become quite crowded as well. A ten gallon cloner takes a lot of room. I bumped it out, and ponied up for a daisy cloner. KindBuds and thequietone have said nothing but great things about it.

The BC and the Train Wreck and GodBud in flower continue to do really well. The Train Wreck grew a lil bit stretchy the first two weeks in flower. The third week, the plant seemed to do almost nothing. But then, at the end of the third week, i noticed something. the entire week, Train Wreck had spent its time bulking up its main branch. At the tip of the plant, just under where the top bud is, the stalk is as big as a wooden number two pencil. That is pretty impressive for a plant that went in to flower at about 18"!

Swampy's in a bucket:

gallery_15165_260_1774630.jpg

Shark's Breath:

gallery_15165_260_1154280.jpg

Grand Daddy Purps:

gallery_15165_260_1137063.jpg

Pics of BC GodBud and TrainWreck in flower are forthcoming!

I have had some setbacks that have caused me to not really update much here. First off, my 6 bulb T5 went out on me. I struggled to find a nice way to take it down so that i could make a clean break with the tent its in, and not harm the light or tent. It was just too tight a fit.

I purchased the tents, and pretty much all my gear and nutes from GrowCo. This isn't an advertisement for them in particular. I mention it because this highlights something i have found to be central to all of our experience. Trust affects so much of our relationships in the MMM world. We are all concerned to one degree or another with LEO making something legal that we are doing into something they can charge us with a crime for. Likewise, the rash of "rippers" that have swept across the state, have people VERY concerned about new people they meet, and especially what info they share with those new people. Well, i visited a few stores, read a lot online, and looked at prices online as well. The prices at GrowCo were in line with or better than any other store, and it was within driving distance. I can pay with cash there, and get GREAT customer service as well as amazing advice that has NEVER steered me wrong. You cannot get that, if you are only considering price as the value you are seeking in a hydro store.

I rambled on about that because that T5 light i had was really starting to F up my grow having only 2 working lights in it. I mentioned the issue to the guys at GrowCo. They assured me (in my particular instance with my particular issue) that it was okay to cut the cables going from the ballast around the tent's ceiling poles. They probably don't do that for everyone. But, i have been pretty loyal to them, and they have gotten to know a fair amount about me. Trust has been built both ways. i was in the store with my bad T5 and out of the store with a brand new replacement in less than 10 minutes. If i had bought that online, and they had no real recollection of who i was or what kind of customer i would be, they may have treated me the same. But everything i know about people tells me otherwise. There is a place for being loyal to A hydro store here in Michigan. You don't have to agree with me about how great GrowCo is. I am totally okay with that. I have even heard people make U/C accusations against them. I KNOW that not to be true. But i do recommend getting to know A hydro store that suits your needs, and is willing to share trust with you. /rantoff

Archived