Selling Medical Marijuana To Non Patients

So a guy i went to school with went and got his medical card. then he started selling his meds to non patients. he fronted another guy i went to school with with 2 oz and then this kid got busted and narced out retard med user guy. He has been raided before prior to his med card and is now getting a felony drug charge. he is now sitting in jail. how much time is he looking at?

he is likely looking at getting some pretty serious time especially with a prior for the same thing. also now that marijuana is approved here for medical use - it's a pretty safe assumption that they will treat this as a more serious offense.

in all honesty - we are lucky enough to be able to do this, period. i for one think that marijuana should be legal and nobody should have to go to prison over it - but the bottom line here: homie very much abused his privileges and the system, and deserves what is coming to him because it really does nothing but give the medical movement a bad name, and just more fuel for the prohibitionists fire.

He is looking at 14 years for a second offense or more depending on what else they nailed him on. Most likely he will not get the full sentence. What a waste of tax payer money!!! He broke the law, but the punishment far out ways the VICTIMLESS CRIME. So to stop users from destroying their lives we destroy their life for them. Marijuana doe not destroy the lives of the users. Ask Pres. Obama, Pres. Bush, Pres. Clinton, Steve Jobs, Mike Phelps, and many more. This was suppose to be a free country, not communist china. He may not deserve the protection of Prop 1 of 2008, but he does deserve a punishment that fits the crime and not a punishment the fills the pockets of private prisons, rehab centers, and drug task forces.

My values will not allow me to condone the destruction of a life over marijuana. I will not stand for the tired old intellectual straw man of reefer madness. Marijuana prohibition is not about marijuana, but the destruction of the American way of life.

He is looking at 14 years for a second offense or more depending on what else they nailed him on. Most likely he will not get the full sentence. What a waste of tax payer money!!! He broke the law, but the punishment far out ways the VICTIMLESS CRIME. So to stop users from destroying their lives we destroy their life for them. Marijuana doe not destroy the lives of the users. Ask Pres. Obama, Pres. Bush, Pres. Clinton, Steve Jobs, Mike Phelps, and many more. This was suppose to be a free country, not communist china. He may not deserve the protection of Prop 1 of 2008, but he does deserve a punishment that fits the crime and not a punishment the fills the pockets of private prisons, rehab centers, and drug task forces.

My values will not allow me to condone the destruction of a life over marijuana. I will not stand for the tired old intellectual straw man of reefer madness. Marijuana prohibition is not about marijuana, but the destruction of the American way of life.

420Peace,

thanks2 U, Well Put!

2 everyone who posted the obviouse dumb response. thanks for staying off topic. I think he is a retard and should get something for his crime. what he did is the same as a pharmacist giving pills to non perscribed patients. I didn't say he wasn't a retard. but he did add another niche to the already somewhat tainted fight for total legalization. but needless to say i don't think he should go to prision for any time. maybe community servies idk.

2 those who stayed on topic - thanks for the response.

2 everyone who posted the obviouse dumb response. thanks for staying off topic. I think he is a retard and should get something for his crime. what he did is the same as a pharmacist giving pills to non perscribed patients. I didn't say he wasn't a retard. but he did add another niche to the already somewhat tainted fight for total legalization. but needless to say i don't think he should go to prision for any time. maybe community servies idk.

2 those who stayed on topic - thanks for the response.

420What

For someone who might not be a smart as youself gage2008 who posted the obviouse dumb responses!

Marijuana Ranch - Again what are you rambling about? First you post in my profile asking if I'm a cop. then start rambling about how pills kill people and something about the black market. As much as I want to stoop lower to your level, I'm not. I posted this thread to get answers for his wife who they both share 4 kids who are all devastated that there dad, here husband might be doing a crap load of time for marijuana, granted this is a public forum and you can't stop the opinions of other but im not here for those opinions, Im here to get answers so If you want to be helpful then please help. If not find another thread/person to attack and tell random fyi's to.

Again thanks to those who posted on topic. I figured this would be a good thread to find out what type of sentence he might be looking at. His wife is freaking out. He's a moron but shouldn't be stripped away from his family.

Lastly does if he is possibly facing 14 years with a prior what would he get without a prior?

(k) Any registered qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver who sells marihuana to someone who is not allowed to use marihuana for medical purposes under this act shall have his or her registry identification card revoked and is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both, in addition to any other penalties for the distribution of marihuana.

This is probably what you were looking for...

I hope that they work it out

Its getting messed up when people with a medical card end up facing charges for mis behaving or have too many plants

At the most he should face 2 years.... or maybe an additional two years

The way they like to stack the charges

Its a tough thing apparently going from 1 year charge to...zero

They want to get people if they can...that's never awise choice to deal to non-patient once you step over to legal...that should be a positive for MMJ in general taken out of the criminal element...out of the arena of crime...out of the shadows....thats good for the cops good for us and everybody....why they want to blur the line by making legit patients and caregivers feel like criminals I'll never know. You would think they would want that line strenghtened between patient mmj and street grass...Alot of people would rather be over here on the legal side ...come join us on this side of the grass...Its greener!

Since you say he didnt get payed he fronted it to the kid...try this

Distribution without remuneration misdemeanor 1 year

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4544

Otherwise its a 4 year felony which someone pointed out I think it doubles for second offense

2 years for violating the MMMA act

Or 2 years + 8 years for a repeat 4 year felony

Then the max is 10 years he could be facing

Minimum...card revoked and a fine w/possible county time or probation

Hope he gets off easy but learns to spread legalness and help people who use it get legal and bring cannabis into the legal light of day...Just hope he gets a fine and probation

(k) Any registered qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver who sells marihuana to someone who is not allowed to use marihuana for medical purposes under this act shall have his or her registry identification card revoked and is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both, in addition to any other penalties for the distribution of marihuana.

This is probably what you were looking for...

I hope that they work it out

Its getting messed up when people with a medical card end up facing charges for mis behaving or have too many plants

At the most he should face 2 years.... or maybe an additional two years

The way they like to stack the charges

Its a tough thing apparently going from 1 year charge to...zero

They want to get people if they can...that's never awise choice to deal to non-patient once you step over to legal...that should be a positive for MMJ in general taken out of the criminal element...out of the arena of crime...out of the shadows....thats good for the cops good for us and everybody....why they want to blur the line by making legit patients and caregivers feel like criminals I'll never know. You would think they would want that line strenghtened between patient mmj and street grass...Alot of people would rather be over here on the legal side ...come join us on this side of the grass...Its greener!

Since you say he didnt get payed he fronted it to the kid...try this

Distribution without remuneration misdemeanor 1 year

http://norml.org/ind...=&Group_ID=4544

Otherwise its a 4 year felony which someone pointed out I think it doubles for second offense

2 years for violating the MMMA act

Or 2 years + 8 years for a repeat 4 year felony

Then the max is 10 years he could be facing

Minimum...card revoked and a fine w/possible county time or probation

Hope he gets off easy but learns to spread legalness and help people who use it get legal and bring cannabis into the legal light of day...Just hope he gets a fine and probation

that was nice of you to help him out the best you can and i wish him good luck try the AD

No one should go to jail over marijuana.Period.

Very true but giving the anti cannabbis courts and politicians more ammo to alter or abolish the MMMA is wrong as well. :growl:

If this guy wants to use his card solely to make money he just needed to be smart about it and deal with registered patients only trust me theres no lack of patients and caregivers looking for good meds .

Very true but giving the anti cannabbis courts and politicians more ammo to alter or abolish the MMMA is wrong as well. :growl:

If this guy wants to use his card solely to make money he just needed to be smart about it and deal with registered patients only trust me theres no lack of patients and caregivers looking for good meds .

I agree. I'm sorry I said I hope he gets alot of jail time but the fact is LEO and the rest of the A-hole politicians are looking for any reason/excuse to amend the law that 63% of the Michigan residents voted for. And if you live in oakland county like I do and had your info seized in the recent raids then you would be a little upset to. There gonna use your buddy as the poster child to try and vilify the rest of us who are tryin to follow the law even tho LEO doesn't.

Hope he has a good lawyer.

Wow! Bob and Torey,

Shake a guy up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really shook me with that law regarding "distribution without remuneration, 1 year!" As of today I'm calling the 5 patients who I've been supplying meds for free (being that they can't afford to buy as they have little to even less income) (are on SSI or Medicaid or SNAP--Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program--formerly called Food Stamps) and letting them know that yesterday I found out on the mmma site that there is a SENTENCE IN LAW for what I have been doing (supplying 5 paying patients and 5 non-paying, as an act of charity). It really is true as my totally a-hole sarcastic wounded Purple Heart WWII vet uncle used to preach, 'no good deed will go unpunished.'

I assumed I was clear of any law or penalty as I was supplying 5 non-paying patients who have their hard card (and due to their lack of income, as the law provides), paid only a $25 fee to the state to secure it.

It's not fair to them, but neither is it fair to me to prosecute and put me in jail for helping out folks who can't afford to buy their meds. I turned a new leaf, went legal and registered to short circuit the possibility of jail or prison for illegal distribution. Thanks for the heads up Bob and Torey. Wish you guys the best in your struggle.

no man...thats a penalty in the law about a legal person selling to non-patients not non-paying patients

I just suggested that angle because distribution without renumeration is a much lighter charge and that's basically what he did...fronted it to a guy who wasnt a patient

If he never got payed they cant charge him with sales only a one year charge

Then there's the 2 year charge of selling to a non-patinet/registered person

3 years was better sounding than 8 + 3 + 2 or whatever

They might even drop it in that case or make it easier to stay out of prison for distributing an herbal medicene maybe get probation and still get have medicene

Anyway...it could make a big difference

Wow! Bob and Torey,Shake a guy up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really shook me with that law regarding "distribution without remuneration, 1 year!"

This law is from the criminal code, not the medical marijuana law. There is a lesser sentence for delivery without remuneration than there is for selling.It applies to those who are selling outside of the medical marijuana guidelines.

No one should ever go to jail for a marijuana offense. NEVER.

The cost on our society is simply too high.

Consider for a moment if the one-hundred billion spent locking folks away on the public dime for victim-less marijuana crimes were invested in something worthwhile that benefitted society and boosted the economy.

The moral bankruptcy of a government that legalizes alcohol, cigarettes and allows big pharm to sell over-priced pills that zombie-out a quarter of the adult population with one chemical or another while arresting folks for growing and using a plant is complete.

The self-righteous who continue the senseless prohibition are fools and should be forgiven out of pity.

no man...thats a penalty in the law about a legal person selling to non-patients not non-paying patients

I just suggested that angle because distribution without renumeration is a much lighter charge and that's basically what he did...fronted it to a guy who wasnt a patient

If he never got payed they cant charge him with sales only a one year charge

Then there's the 2 year charge of selling to a non-patinet/registered person

3 years was better sounding than 8 + 3 + 2 or whatever

They might even drop it in that case or make it easier to stay out of prison for distributing an herbal medicene maybe get probation and still get have medicene

Anyway...it could make a big difference

The law specifically states that "selling" to a non-patient is illegal. It doesn't address "giving" it away. Under Michigan Common Law, giving MJ away is a misdemeanor punishable by not more than 1 yr. in jail and/or a $1000 fine. Selling MJ is a felony.

I agree. I don't want to be a hater and I agree with the sentiment that no one should go to jail for cannabis. However we can't give the general public the idea that we support people who have blatantly broken the law. I'm just as anxious as you all are to have cannabis fully legalized. Cases like this support LEOs position that we are just a bunch of drug dealers skirting the law. We have to win the hearts and minds of the general public for legalization to become a reality. We have to pick our battles carefully.

Archived