Bubblegrower's 1lb+ Chemo Iranian Plant

Grow Thread

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks guys ;)

way to go pb!

thanks for the kind words. just takes practice ........ :gym: :gym:

i decided to tear the tent down today. tons of fresh pics. the pvc "cage" she is in is now 5x5. the cage is 40" off the floor. i will be installing another cage just like that one at 50" off the floor when needed (soon im sure) to tie branches to and keep her spread out. i trimmed the bottom today and literally took about 2 "normal sized" plants worth off matter of her. the bottom 4 nodes had pinky sized stems. she is all happy in her new home, and tied up to stay.

gallery_13801_60_76756.jpg

gallery_13801_60_39711.jpg

gallery_13801_60_117225.jpg

gallery_13801_60_111288.jpg

gallery_13801_60_104928.jpg

gallery_13801_60_78419.jpg

gallery_13801_60_160584.jpg

Holy plant batman! dude that thing is huge. probley the biggest ive ever seen. you are a true master sir. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

thanks everyone. she is a rather large girl. very very heavy branches now. she sucks water/nutes at the rate of about 5-6 "regular sized" plants. I had a 1k side light on her that I could move daily and light and entire side..... but since I can't rotate the plant I had to move the light and only 3 sides were able to be lit. so I switched the side lighting to a couple 400's for awhile, but there is a ton of very very thick buds at the bottom of her as well... so I switched back to the 1k for side lighting.

I just pulled a few of her younger (much smaller) sisters yesterday. I have all the pics and will post soon. they flowered for about 62-67 days. very decent yielding strain. better than average..... the super dense flowers no doubt help there. no smoke report yet, but based on smell and appearance alone.... I have super high hopes!! smells a lot the the 3d. very stoked about that.

so anyways.... based on those numbers.... this girl has about 4-4.5 weeks left.

Still on course for the pound...or more. Good on 'ya

oh most definitely will hit the mark +++

if there isn't that much on her already, its very close. there are probably 25-30 soda can sized flowers on her now.... plus a main cola that is probably a good 3oz by herself already.

very impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[1]-how come no T-5 side lights instead of the 1K monster?

[2]-does it seem worth growing 1 big plant instead of 5 smaller? ?

[3]-estimated yield on this one plant compared to 5 smaller plants?

great work B.G and S.O(s.o.=significant other)

very impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[1]-how come no T-5 side lights instead of the 1K monster?

[2]-does it seem worth growing 1 big plant instead of 5 smaller? ?

[3]-estimated yield on this one plant compared to 5 smaller plants?

great work B.G and S.O(s.o.=significant other)

no T5's because of the penetration needed here. this is just too big for those.

its all in how you grow and what your desires are. It can be beneficial to grow like this.... I made a post a few pages back highlighting a bunch of good reasons.

as far as your last 2 questions, there is no answer here. my small plants, your small plants, and his small plants are all different sizes and different yields.

I will say that the doc was right when he said there would be little stretch. I was well prepared for a plant at least a foot or so taller. im excited for the next run when I will be topping.

pics or it never happened!

awe, ya got me :)

you going to lansing? hope ya do. need to speak at ya.

this is not a main cola.....this is one of 4 colas that surrounded the main. this chemo iranian plant vegged for just over 30 days from seed:

gallery_13801_60_102169.jpg

gallery_13801_60_39297.jpg

gallery_13801_60_69305.jpg

i will find and post full plant pics soon. i still take tons of pics everyday ............ just havent had the time to post them.

wow is all i can say!

:thumbsu:

• 2 weeks later...

How much did they stretch BG ? If i wanted them to finish at about 36 inches what height would you suggest flipping them at ? she didnt seem to stretch much.

Nice grow bro..it shows what you can do but just leaving the plant alone and letting her go...Its great to see.

Any kinda preliminary smoke report ??

Thanx for your time, Lm

• 2 weeks later...

the chemo looks awesome......you did a great job......i have five in the ground for a month so far.....can;t wait for the smoke report...once again great job.....oh and are you making bubble out of that....and if you are, let us know about the plant matter to bubble ratio? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ta-da!!

well, its obviously been cut down, and fully cured so here is the full report :)

she weighed a touch less than what i thought. the buds were solid..... but not as hard after drying as they seemed they would be in growth. final weight was roughly 18.5oz. there was quite a bit of lower shrubbery that went to make hash and although i weighed it....... it wasnt trimmed 100% proper. so yeah 18.5 is a good count.

the smoke is nutty. the buds are huge. the trichome count is above average for certain. the benefits are easily adaptable. because of the size, i was forced to harvest at different times and the effect is very evident. the early stuff is very heady. the early was pulled at 59 days. i have a patient that is an aspiring singer and he claims to be able to work in the studio all day with great energy physically.

the middle harvest was at day 63. this was my fave personally...... but the late harvest was much prettier visibly and the trichs really bulked up by day 68.

i will be harvesting her clones about day 65 from now on.

anyways the middle range harvested stuff is very fragrant, with that nutty taste that finishes well. with one hittters out of the roor the taste really comes through every time.

the later harvested stuff is a bit more earthy, with a fairly deadly couchlock effect. i personally do not experience dry-mouth or a heightened appetite ..... but i have not got full feedback from patients quite yet either.

here are a couple harvest shots. the table is a standard 3ftx3ft folding card table..... and she stacked side to side and probably 2.5ft tall. these shots are of the middle harvest:

gallery_13801_60_57124.jpg

this was about half way down the plant:

gallery_13801_60_8415.jpg

gallery_13801_60_380538.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------

all in all i like it very much. the yield is killer, the smoke is above average, and the effect is easily workable.

on the negative side, the strain does produce quite a bit of lesser desirable "shrubbery". i found this good for hash, but not bagging quality in my opinion.

to defend that though ............. this plant was over sized and getting sufficient light to the bottom of the plant did become a bit of a challenge ...... so with her clones in flower now, at a height of about 3-4ft tall, i will have a better idea of how a more "normal" sized indoor plant will finish up structure wise.

i wanna thank doc for the chance to grow this beast out, and congratulate him on yet another great invention.

i also have 4 of these seeds growing in outdoor conditions. thats a whole other story and probably another thread come fall.

Archived