Can I Introduce A New Dispensary On The Forums?

Dispensaries:  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Should dispensaries be allowed to have ads on this site?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does a dispensary provide safe access, they are the ones being raided. They are also what is drawing the negative attention. Sharing information here is going to make it the responsibility of the site. If you cannot figure that out maybe you are part of the problem.

what has this world come to when you cant share information. So much for making sure the patient needs are taken care of. I'm positive this information would have helped many patients, screw it just let them go to the streets right? This law is all about safe access I guess that's out the window too. People need to learn to COEXISTS I'm so sick of this bunny muffin.

"Patients should have a choice and hiding those choices is not in benefit of the patient" Please don't use Patients as an excuse or wedge to try and get your advertising ok'd.

The dispensary interests could careless about patients! If they had any true compassion they would of went to Lansing and got their own law separate from the MMMA.

But no..they just start popping up with-out any thought to what those actions would do, well now we know. The dispensary interests have the state and the feds on the war path and its the patients who are the collateral damage.

Our group of patients calls every dispensary we can find a number for and asks only one question, "do you have a benevolent program for patients" not one has answered yes.

I voted for this law for many reasons but mostly because its patient oriented and did not have provisions for dispensaries.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I'd love to see farmers markets..Personally I've never dealt with a dispensary before but I have patients that have prior to me, and seeing they don't seem to be "patient centered" even the ones with no ties to the political big wigs of other states, I have to say "no" . When I cast my vote dispensaries were not a direction I wanted, and thus far have only proven to be "convenient" to overcharge sick people. Personally I just can't support them.

I'd like to see the MMMA be the one that puts on the farmers market. I'd trust that situation.But I know this would be just another thing for Joe and Michael to organize, and I know their fight is the court room. Or put on by some of the MMMA's respectable CC. For the Oakland area use Mocc...for the mid north area Use Clare club...the MMMA could set it up, and delegate to the club. I'm just rambling but you know...

Best

I agree , Farmer Markets are the way it should Be

A place where Patients and Caregivers can

have a place to meet and to Fellowship ...

A Place where Patients can find reasonable priced Meds ....

and a place where they can meet other people w/ the

same Hopes and Dreams ...

A place where they can find Information about the Laws ....

A Place where they can socialize w/ other patients ....

A place where they can get certified from a Real Compassion Doctor ...

A place where they can learn How to Grow for Free

A place where they can learn to make medibles for Free ....

A place where they can get a meal and a Hugg for Free ...

A place where they feel like Family and Not a Customer ...

A Place where Patients can find any help they may need ...

I could go on and On " WHY FARMERS MARKET " are SO Much

Better then any Dispensary .... PERIOD

I like the poll idea, but I wouldnt vote one way or the other. Seems you're damned if ya do and damned if ya dont. The way the law is laid out now and with the ideals that this particular site is based around I would probably answer 'no' in the poll but its not just that easy in my mind. Its correct, the law did not have provisions in it for dispensaries to be popping up like this but loopholes let it occur and now we have to deal with the after effects. At some point if we as Michigan residents want this law to work we are going to have to all get along. Ya, sometimes that means shaking hands with a person who doesn't see everything eye to eye with you but is still working toward the same general cause even if it is in a way you dont agree with. We may not want the dispensaries, but they are here now and it doesn't look like they are going anywhere anytime soon so for the sake of forward progress we are all going to have to worktogether. I understand one group is profit motivated and the others are there for the sake of nothing more than the patient but it wont positively motivate what we are striving for if we keep having to fight dispensaries AND the government. There will always be people who abuse any system of any kind and that wont change no matter how the law changes. With the way the law currently is as of May 27, 2011 I would not allow disp. advertising only because it opens your site up to scrutiny as outside parties would just lump one advertiser with another. Even if a well run, good intention dispensary advertised, an outside party looking in who only knows about bad, poorly run dispensaries might just end up lumping them together and view your site as supportive to any and all. Its a tough situation but for the sake of our rights we are going to have to stop fighting a battle between two possible allies and fight the war against people trying to take them away completely.

This is an excerpt from another post, many of you will recognize the work, and the author, if he wants to acknowledge this or have me edit it then i will, but when i read it, it completely explained and expressed a position that i had never seem laid out so clearly. It had a profound effect on me, and sealed my decision about dispensaries when i read it. perhaps it will shed some light to the op as to the nature of the compassion that everyone talks about (its not just free meds), and how a dispensary could never fulfill that role for a community.

"The vision was pretty simple - Patients helping Patients. The central meeting place for patients of course had to be their local club. Here, patients can teach, learn, acquire and transfer in a semi-social format. Any grower could offer overages to another legal patient - and you could chose quality over price, choose from variety of strains and growers, the level of competition would allow prices to undercut those too high, and teach growers to produce great medicine. Since the club is localized, no one club can monopolize the state. Members can travel to another club if they wish, but the local club should build on their community to get the strongest level of protection of patient rights to grow and acquire in that area.

Clubs need to build on their local areas, as there are many patients - some that are home-bound. It is easier for local people to get to local home bound patients. A club does not have to be a building, but it is a group of people working - leaders and helpers - with the goal to help their local patients first. It is easier for sick, disabled people to get help nearby. Those that want to help, will find they can sustain this easier, if it is local to them.

Clubs were for teaching and networking, regardless of a building or not - people can still get the information out, bring new patients into the network. If patients make P2P transfers, the club gets no part of it - it is not a dispensary. The club only gains funds from membership fees (and people will only pay if it is a usable network of people), t-shirts, social events/fund raisers. The club is really about people networking and helping each other to be self sufficient, to create an equal playing ground where any patient can go to any grower or patient and find a P2P transfer or delivery.

This was meant to be two-prong, a new health care choice for patients - to chose medical use of marijuana over current prescription drugs, to get recognition that marijuana does provide relief to legitimate patients. We also hoped for a new economy, a grass-roots level economic bail-out. Since we are not banks or mortgage companies, we are not going to get bailed out by Obama. We do have a unique opportunity for economic stimulus by this Michigan medical marijuana vision. Do not advocate for dispensaries, advocate for private patient farmer's markets. This is a club section, not all clubs have to do it this way, but they should ensure that any decent grower, a patient, could contribute to the club and benefit equally. Really, lets be honest - the real money is in the plant, not the clubs, not even writing recommendations, or issuing cards.

In the whole process of Michigan medical marijuana, the marijuana is the most cost effective return a person can obtain from the MMMP. Any grower, first as a patient - no longer has to buy his own meds anymore. That is a $400 to 600 saving for some patients right there, nice bailout. Next, the caregiver, being a caretaker of plants - creates product for his patients. He has to create good product or his patients will fire him. But, being a good caretaker of plants, you get paid pretty well, perhaps to do a job you love too. You don't have to charge more than $250 and ounce to your patients, because you can do P2P at retail $350 right? Patients who can grow, can make money by selling overages, P2P. This does not have to be a CG's Market, anyone that can grow should be able to offer their medicine to another patient. Now that 'less than sustainable income' sick, disabled patient can feed his family, buy things they need, improve their lives - and get a sense of dignity.

The short cuts - the dispensaries - being set up by one group, perhaps from out of state, or certainly not your local community - looks at the fast buck - so fast, they don't really care to teach you anything. They want you to be dedicated to their cash register. They do want to control the market and logically that means you can't grow, no P2P. That's the business plan for any dispensary. A compassion club needs more growers, the more growers - the more choices for their patients. The more choices, the better prices and quality. Dispensaries will take any marijuana at the lowest price, so they can mark it up. A quality legitimate grower is not going to have many ounces of quality medicine - so why would he sell to a dispensary at the lowest price, when he could network within a club for a patient willing to pay reasonable price for it?

Maybe some growers are deliberately overgrowing, that is not really the MMMP. That is not the intent of the vision. We can do this in a legitimate manner, some overgrow is understandable, some overages when the next crop comes in, sure. But pounds?"

Thanks again to the author, I hope you see this and take credit.

Unity, not division. Our community is not big enough to just throw away 1/3 of it. Many need or prefer dispensaries despite their inherent downfalls. Why should the slim outspoken majority push their anti-dispensaries views on the large minority of patients through force? Are not we fighting the one shoe fits all mentality?

We have done our community a disservice through censorship. We have lost many members because of this censorship. If Grandma, or Grandpa, asks where is the best dispensary in my area, they should get the help they need or wish to have.

Instead, they get a bunch of strong opinions by those who think they know what is best for others, or are protecting their own caregiver business, on why they are idiots for even considering using a dispensary and the thread gets locked because we are not allowed to mention the word dispensary unless we are bashing one. Then they leave this site, for good, and search for one that fills their need for information and does not treat them like a child making the decision for them by "protecting" them from both sides of the story. This policy is degrading to patients.

In a patient forum you should fell safe talking about any patient related issues and this is currently not the case at the MMMA.

But, yeah, let them pay for advertisement and let us talk good or badabout them.

Guest Happy Guy

What an incredible bias!!

It doesn't matter where it is or who is running it. You assume they are ripping off patients.

Have you ever heard the saying, "It's The Nature Of The Beast"?

Guest Happy Guy

Thank you for reminding me about the nature of the MMMA.

The difference is that as these two evolve, they are heading in different directions. The MMMA is for patients and the dispensaries are just about making money. Very simple and I like it like that.

Again I will restate my position, because it is important and I do want to continue to form alliances with new people and groups - for the benefit of the MMMP.

Dispensaries can work, they are basically run by a patient conducting P2P to other patients.

The MMMP and its P2P also allows Clubs, Farmer's markets, delivering P2P services, a patient to compenstate himself by his grow - this offers so many areas for people to find "Green Jobs" or medicine.

The prices at dispensaries will speak for themselves, the menu containing out of state meds will speak for the dispensary. Not all will have out of state meds, not all will have high prices. But many do - as that is the business of a dispensary.

The reason I don't want dispensaries - is because too many people have complained about visiting colorado or california - and said the flood of flashing marijuana neon signs, and people trying to promote their dispensary over another is too shady, it looks bad - it did not fit the vision of how we want michigan to look. I suppose if dispensaries were more discreet, this would not be a blight on the MMMP. Free doc's rec, no records needed, free ounces - all shills by a dispensary to promote business - all looks bad in the eyes of the public.

What has been very successful, and beneficial to many patients - are clubs with good leadership, farmer's markets, P2P - and so I work on those more.

I encourage everyone in the MMMP to consider all the areas of cultivation and distribution of this great medicine, no one system is better than the other - and all systems must be fair to the others. If a dispensary or dispensary group tries to special lobby politicans to lock out patient growers, to lock the market into a dispensary market (where you have to pay $$$ to grow) - thats war - I will fight any attempts to take rights away from patients and their caregivers.

-DN

Guest Happy Guy

Painting a whole group with a broad brush shows ignorance, dishonesty, and or poor character.

Until you have seen enough, then it isn't ignorance, dishonesty, or poor character, it is reality.

The difference is that as these two evolve, they are heading in different directions. The MMMA is for patients and the dispensaries are just about making money. Very simple and I like it like that.

That's a lie. But it's a lie supported by this site.

Since that's the case ..

good by again.

Good luck with your war.

Until you have seen enough, then it isn't ignorance, dishonesty, or poor character, it is reality.

Have you seen enough Catholics, Republicans, obese peoples, Jews, gays, or minority peoples to form a strong preconceived opinion about that is "reality"?

There are literally hundreds of dispensaries in one form or another around the state, how many do you have to visit before it is safe to throw them all in one group? Even if you visited 20 places you are talking less then 10%, probably less than 5%.

My guess is the dispensary haters have not stepped foot in one, let alone everyone. An "expert" might have seen 5 different ones. Still by know means enough to judge all.

Many here that hate dispensaries also hold similar broad brush opinions on republicans, tea baggers, religious, and other large groups full of diverse opinions. Bigotry is a thought pattern and those who have it tend to have it towards many groups.

Archived