Wording Change On Lara Site

link to LARA

General Information about the Program

You must be a Michigan resident to be a registered patient in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program (MMMP).

There is an application fee to register for the MMMP. The fee cannot be waived, although it can be reduced under certain circumstances.

You must have a qualifying debilitating medical condition as listed on the Attending Physician's Statement.

The MMMP cannot supply you with seeds or starter plants, or give you advice on how to grow medical marihuana.

Your physician must be a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) licensed to practice in Michigan. You must have an established patient/physician relationship with your "attending physician." Other licensed health professionals such as Chiropractors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners cannot sign the documentation.

The MMMP cannot refer you to a physician. The MMMP does not have a physician referral list.

You, or your designated primary caregiver, may grow your marihuana. There is no place in the state of Michigan to legally purchase medical marihuana.

The MMMP cannot find a designated primary caregiver for you. The MMMP does not keep a referral list of persons who want to be caregivers for patients. (You are not required to list a caregiver unless you are less than 18 years old.) Your caregiver cannot be your physician.

If you decide to change your caregiver, it is your responsibility to notify him or her that he or she is no longer protected under the law. The MMMP does not communicate directly with caregivers.

The MMMP will only speak directly with the patient. All written requests to release information must be signed and dated by the patient. The MMMP will not accept written or verbal requests for information from your caregiver or any other person without your permission.

The Act neither protects marihuana plants from seizure nor individuals from prosecution if the federal government chooses to take action against patients or caregivers under the federal Controlled Substances Act.

thanks zerocool for the find!!

Thats one of the reasons I never understood these mm clinics for certification.I would assume according to the law you cannot just walk into a place, show a doctor some medical records, get a physical and have a recommendation signed..but you can...there are also quite a few doctors for a off the record fee that will sign a recommendation,...maybe bill should focus his attention there.

There is no place in the state of Michigan to legally purchase medical marihuana.

and this one is pretty hard not to do were are you going to get it i guess other people will give it to you free but wait they are not you caregiver

next year they wont be any cards to get

There is nothing in the law that says you need to have an established relationship with the certifying doc.

There is one primary paragraph that relates to this.

(f) A physician shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by the Michigan board of medicine, the Michigan board of osteopathic medicine and surgery, or any other business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for providing written certifications, in the course of a bona fide physician-patient relationship and after the physician has completed a full assessment of the qualifying patient's medical history, or for otherwise stating that, in the physician's professional opinion, a patient is likely to receive therapeutic or palliative benefit from the medical use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the serious or debilitating medical condition, provided that nothing shall prevent a professional licensing board from sanctioning a physician for failing to properly evaluate a patient's medical condition or otherwise violating the standard of care for evaluating medical conditions.

LARA, probably Schuette, has taken it upon themselves to create their own definition under the "bona fide relationship" phrase.

Thats one of the reasons I never understood these mm clinics for certification.I would assume according to the law you cannot just walk into a place, show a doctor some medical records, get a physical and have a recommendation signed..but you can...there are also quite a few doctors for a off the record fee that will sign a recommendation,...maybe bill should focus his attention there.

They can kiss my arse when it comes to trying to define a doctor patient relationship. I went to an Urgent Care to get antibiotics for a sinus infection. First time I ever saw this doctor in my life. He mentioned the bags under my eyes and I said I have trouble sleeping most of the time. This was the END of our conversation about my sleep. When he returned, he had three prescriptions for me. One for the antibiotic, one for Vicodin and another for a hypnotic sleep inducer, Restoril.. Yeah, go read about Restoril sometime and see if you want to take it based on telling the doc, literally ONLY I have trouble sleeping a good bit. Never asked if I ever tried or currently taking any other sleep aids, anything. Oh and the Vicodin.. "Just in case you need a little extra help relaxing.."

If someone wants to pay $100 to Doc just to sign a certificate, then who cares, it happens everyday with pills. Oh yeah, the above story was paid for by you and everyone else (and my previous employment) as I was on Medicaid at the time. Perhaps, he was simply trying to get me to kill myself to eliminate a mooch or something..lol But the point of the established relationship when it comes to MM is ridiculous, and if enforced, will need to be enforced for ALL medications. Let them try that and see how Big Pharma starts up the lobbying machine.

They can kiss my arse when it comes to trying to define a doctor patient relationship. I went to an Urgent Care to get antibiotics for a sinus infection. First time I ever saw this doctor in my life. He mentioned the bags under my eyes and I said I have trouble sleeping most of the time. This was the END of our conversation about my sleep. When he returned, he had three prescriptions for me. One for the antibiotic, one for Vicodin and another for a hypnotic sleep inducer, Restoril.. Yeah, go read about Restoril sometime and see if you want to take it based on telling the doc, literally ONLY I have trouble sleeping a good bit. Never asked if I ever tried or currently taking any other sleep aids, anything. Oh and the Vicodin.. "Just in case you need a little extra help relaxing.."

If someone wants to pay $100 to Doc just to sign a certificate, then who cares, it happens everyday with pills. Oh yeah, the above story was paid for by you and everyone else (and my previous employment) as I was on Medicaid at the time. Perhaps, he was simply trying to get me to kill myself to eliminate a mooch or something..lol But the point of the established relationship when it comes to MM is ridiculous, and if enforced, will need to be enforced for ALL medications. Let them try that and see how Big Pharma starts up the lobbying machine.

you make a very good point, except marijuanna cant be PRESCRIBED by anyone.It is still shedule 1 accordig to them.If the schedule changes then things would go alot quicker as far as how it is handled...I really havent been following to closely tho.

you make a very good point, except marijuanna cant be PRESCRIBED by anyone.It is still shedule 1 accordig to them.If the schedule changes then things would go alot quicker as far as how it is handled...I really havent been following to closely tho.

Thank you very much .. I was about to go off the deep end before I say this response.

The "no place to purchase" is a complete lie. At a bare minimum, caregivers may accept money while handing over cannabis to their patient. That much is crystal clear. Which makes the statement a dangerous lie. Dangerous because some leo will act on that statement.

The statement will cause innocent people to be arrested. That department is supposed to protect patients, not cause them to be falsely arrested.

And the third one is false also. Again it is endangering patients and caregivers. It also encourages false arrests and armed robbery of the people they are charged to protect.

All three of these items are items Bill Schuette wishes were included in the law.

In the wish list that he published he noticed those three things were NOT clearly spelled out in the law.

Thus the wish list. The things he wished were in the law.

This is now a case where an imagined, fantasized law is being applied as if it already existed.

All three of these items are items Bill Schuette wishes were included in the law.

In the wish list that he published he noticed those three things were NOT clearly spelled out in the law.

Thus the wish list. The things he wished were in the law.

This is now a case where an imagined, fantasized law is being applied as if it already existed.

good day PB i just seen it on there site and asked about it as far as i know it sure looks like some stuff was added to it

I don’t think the General Information page has ever been updated, nor has the FAQ page.

I was at one of those “Schuette meetings” a few weeks back. I questioned the LARA rep about - You must be a Michigan resident to be a registered patient in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program (MMMP). I was told that a person only needs to have a Michigan mailing address.

I don’t think the General Information page has ever been updated, nor has the FAQ page.

I was at one of those “Schuette meetings” a few weeks back. I questioned the LARA rep about - You must be a Michigan resident to be a registered patient in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program (MMMP). I was told that a person only needs to have a Michigan mailing address.

Oh great!! Now I gotta catch up with a lot .. thanks for posting that correction.

Archived