Hi Radiation In Michigan From Japan

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll mention it again.

One very possible outcome of a lot of sun spots is the beginning of the next ice age.

The spots are actually a lowering of total energy from the sun. Flares, yes. But the total energy is lowered.

Silly humans .. global warming is what the sun does. When the sun turns the thermostat down, we won't be able to warm the earth enough.

The sun is a yellow dwarf right now (if I recall correctly). It will become a red giant in a few billion years and engulf the earth and probably burn up other planets as well. I don't think we need to worry about the sun running out of energy.

Furthermore, from what I understand, FEWER sunspots means colder weather on earth. So I don't know where you get the idea of more sunspots causing an ice age.

The sun is a yellow dwarf right now (if I recall correctly). It will become a red giant in a few billion years and engulf the earth and probably burn up other planets as well. I don't think we need to worry about the sun running out of energy.

Furthermore, from what I understand, FEWER sunspots means colder weather on earth. So I don't know where you get the idea of more sunspots causing an ice age.

We have had many ice ages while our sun has been a yellow dwarf.

The total energy supplied to us by our sun fluctuates. Less energy means less warming from the sun. More energy means a warmer earth.

The magnitude makes the consideration of mankind laughable. We're just along for the ride.

We have had many ice ages while our sun has been a yellow dwarf.

The total energy supplied to us by our sun fluctuates. Less energy means less warming from the sun. More energy means a warmer earth.

The magnitude makes the consideration of mankind laughable. We're just along for the ride.

I'm well aware that we have had "ice ages." The last being something like 200 years ago from what I have read. But the term "ice age" needs to be qualified because it means something a little different scientifically than what the general population considers it to mean.

Again, from what I understand, fewer sun spots led to the last "ice age."

I'm well aware that we have had "ice ages." The last being something like 200 years ago from what I have read. But the term "ice age" needs to be qualified because it means something a little different scientifically than what the general population considers it to mean.

Again, from what I understand, fewer sun spots led to the last "ice age."

Looking harder, I got it wrong.

More sunspots should lead to warming.

Global warming melts the ice cap which cools the ocean which will likely start the ice age all over again. Many of the "scientists" (used loosely) that were preaching global warming have now shifted gears to "climate change", I guess that way they can say they were right either way it goes. The only thing we can say for certain is things will change. Whether we are responsible or not. Life on this planet is a fragile thing that we apex predators have taken for granted for far too long.

Edited by SFC

we have a solar flare scheduled to start hitting us tonight, while many will be out trick or treating. Moderate sized flare let off and is going to be a direct hit.

6.2 eq yesterday in canada again, same areas. Have a unique solar alignment tomorrow night as well. The alignment creates a cross with the sun at the center and a planetary body at the 4 main points, 12, 3, 6, and 9. Of course, this is another First in our History alignment this year, along with the many others already. I would be looking for a moderate EQ somewhere, perhaps another volcano to burp up.

As far as Sandy, the NJ Nuke Plant has been shut down prior to the storm hitting. But during the storm hitting, the Plant was on fuel rod replacement. What does that mean? it means the majority of the Hot Fuel Rods were in the cooling pools on a "recharge cycle" according to the NEC report yesterday. Now the concern is if power can not be restored soon enough, and IF for some reason the Possibly Totally Flooded out Backup Generators do not start up, then the Rods may overheat the cooling pool if they can not recirculate and cool the water due to lack of power to run the pumps, or backup power to run them.

Sound familiar?

Edited by Timmahh

I did notice that it is colder today than it has been for the past few days. Do you think it could be related somehow?

I have been reading that the gulf stream as of around june/july, is no longer flowing up towards England/Scottland, warming the Northern Atlantic. England and much of EU is below normal temps right now. From the info and reports/maps I have come across, the stream seems to get past Northern Nova Scotia, then Abruptly starts flows east instead of continuing north past Greenland toward UK/Scottland, Northern EU ect...

The cause for the change is being pointed to the BP Disaster it seems. At any rate, there seems to be validity to the fact the Gulf Stream has shifted. If it has, we can expect change, but it wont be warming up anytime soon. If that is the case, I hope we get a pole shift. If that ends up actually happening, we are supposed to be tropical again. If we are still above water that is.

Edited by Timmahh

Global warming melts the ice cap which cools the ocean which will likely start the ice age all over again. Many of the "scientists" (used loosely) that were preaching global warming have now shifted gears to "climate change", I guess that way they can say they were right either way it goes. The only thing we can say for certain is things will change. Whether we are responsible or not. Life on this planet is a fragile thing that we apex predators have taken for granted for far too long.

I knew we could find common ground.

As far as the Sun, we have to assume on everything Current "Scientists" (as SCF Stated, used Loosely) is correct our Sun is a Huge Nuclear Reactor, which is self containing, and self propelling. Remember, a Huge majority We Currently "KNOW" about the Sun is Theory, deduction, Guesstimation and Unproven ideas honestly. Nikola Had many ideas im sure have proven out to be true... but so much of his life has been pushed to the realm mad scientist comic book stuff, but once you do any moderate amount of study, you will find the man really made Einstein look like a patent clerk. A Really Smart Patent Clerk, but a patent clerk non the less.

There is a Very Very strong newly proposed theory that is fast gaining momentum, which is based off previous and current studies, but utilizes only the absolute verified and provable results, not postulations or even deductive reasonings. They look at the studies, take the results and let the results lead the way.

The current Verifiable Results of current studies of the Sun are pointing very strongly to being a Electroplasma reaction, opposed to a Hydrogen Nuclear reaction, creating Helium in the process, as current Nuclear Physicist content.

In other words, they postulate we live in an Electric Universe, opposed to a Nuclear One.

It is good to note, current theories and scientist can not produce anything on any nuclear level that even remotely resembles how the Sun SHOULD be reacting if it is really a Hydrogen Reactor as theorized.

But when ElectroPlasma test and Plasma Generators/Welders are operated, Many of the same reactions are not only noted to be nearly identical to those noted on/from the sun, but those results can also be measured, and are quite consistent with the factual information that has been validated from the studies on our great hand warmer in the sky.

Edited by Timmahh

• 1 month later...

http://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/earthquake-disaster-in-japan/us-sailors-sue-japanese-utility-over-radiation-exposure-1.202197

US sailors sue Japanese utility over radiation exposure

SASEBO NAVAL BASE, Japan — Eight sailors from the USS Ronald Reagan are suing Japan’s nationalized Tokyo Electric Power Co., claiming it lied about dangers from a radiation leak when they helped out after last year’s nuclear plant disaster and that they will almost certainly die prematurely as a result.

Here is a video of the sailors laughing about being exposed to lethal doses of radiation:

More of peanut's fear mongering.

You post that map with no commentary or link from where you plucked it. If you know anything about radiation doses then you would know that the yellow in that map (750 RADS) is enough to cause serious illness and widespread death. If there were really 750 RADS delivered over the western half of the country then you could expect pretty much everyone in poor health to die. Stronger individuals would suffer very serious illnesses. Therefore, it seems as though that map represents something that you wish would happen rather than something that HAS happened.

Knock off that crap.

More of peanut's fear mongering.

You post that map with no commentary or link from where you plucked it. If you know anything about radiation doses then you would know that the yellow in that map (750 RADS) is enough to cause serious illness and widespread death. If there were really 750 RADS delivered over the western half of the country then you could expect pretty much everyone in poor health to die. Stronger individuals would suffer very serious illnesses. Therefore, it seems as though that map represents something that you wish would happen rather than something that HAS happened.

Knock off that crap.

Time frame?

I mean, how long would it take for people to start dropping?

Edited by peanutbutter

Time frame?

I mean, how long would it take for people to start dropping?

Look it up. Do some research. I'm not your lackey. You have an obligation to qualify a post like that so as not to mislead people. Unless you don't give a shi.....

I've read in that past that 300-500 RADS will kill 50% of people exposed within 30 days of exposure. That's as much as you get from me. Look it up yourself. Stop posting crap like a grade-schooler without posting a qualifying statement.

In the summer of 2011, it was noted by many people the amount of problems that growers were having with fungus.

http://optimalprediction.com/wp/radiation-eating-fungi-they-kill-trees-and-they-kill-people/

In 2002, a robot was sent inside the sarcophagus of the destroyed Chernobyl nuclear power plant, and took samples of mold and fungi which were growing on the walls. Five years later, researchers from the Albert Einstein School of Medicine demonstrated that certain fungi “have the capacity to use radioactivity as an energy source for making food and spurring their growth.”

With Fukushima Daiichi & the Japanese burning of tsunami debris spreading nuclear poison over the whole earth, we have a recipe for fat, healthy fungi and sick, dying people.

RADIOTROPHIC FUNGI

These fungus species are known as radiotrophic fungi. They use the pigment melanin to convert gamma and beta radiation into chemical energy for growth.

ALL MELANIZED FUNGI ARE POTENTIAL RADIOTROPHIC FUNGI

In the original paper, the researchers Dadachova et al showed that ionizing radiation changes the electronic properties of melanin, and enhances the growth of melanized fungi. So any fungus species that contain melanin have their growth spurred in the presence of ionizing radiation. These are not mutant fungi, they are ordinary fungus species found everywhere in the environment. Some of them are common molds that grow in your basement or bathroom.

So these fungi do not actually feed on radiation, they change the properties of melanin, so that it can be converted into energy for growth. Think of radiation as an enzyme that allows melanin to be “digested”. Effectively, it’s the same thing, though.

FUNGI ARE RADIATION-TOLERANT AND ACCUMULATE RADIONUCLIDES

In this paper, Dadachova and Casadevall discuss the radiation tolerance of fungi, and its role as an adaptation mechanism. There is evidence of widespread prevalence of melanized fungi in the early days of Earth, when radiation was at a much higher level than it is today.

Anyone that follows Chernobyl and radiation measurements of food in Japan know that the worst radioactive contamination in any foodstuffs are in mushrooms. Fungi are very efficient at absorbing radionuclides. Actually, they will eat anything.

RADIONUCLIDES ACCUMULATE IN TREE BARKS

Researchers in Turkey found that cesium-137 (from Chernobyl) accumulates more in oak bark than even lichen (which had been thought to be the most contaminated life form). Professor Mori of the WINEP blog showed an autoradiograph of how radionuclides were found in oak bark. Many mushroom species grow on these barks.

MELANIZED FUNGI GROW TOWARDS WHERE THE RADIATION IS

8144797945_969c69e299_o.jpg

Fungus-ridden tree in New Jersey felled by Sandy

Dadachova and Casadevall also discuss radiotropism. This is the tendency of these fungi to move from less contaminated areas of the plant, to more contaminated areas. In a tree, if the fungi start eating in the inmost hardwood area (with the least contamination), they will grow towards the bark on the outside, destroying the tree from the inside out.

RADIATION PROMOTES SPORE GERMINATION

The two authors also discussed how radiation increases the amount of spores released by these fungi:

They observed that radiation promoted spore germination in species from contaminated regions, which they called “radiostimulation”. Contrary to their previous results they observed the “radiostimulation” only for the species from contaminated regions but not for isolates from the clean areas. They named this phenomenon “radioadaptive response”.

8149566304_61ec4c8c07_o.jpg

SPORES MAY TRAVEL IN THE JET STREAM

In the 1930′s, spores were collected in a weather balloon between the levels of 36,000 – 71,000 feet. This is higher than the level of the jet stream (30,000 feet).

MELANIZED FUNGI SURVIVE FOOD IRRADIATION

Food is treated with gamma rays, which destroy bacteria and microorganisms in the food. The authors also noted that melanized fungi are radioresistant to the typical radiation levels used in this treatment.

RHIZOMORPHS

Rhizomorph_Armillaria.jpg

Rhizomorphs from an armillaria fungus

8138729810_6ffdcd4247_h.jpg

Rhizomorphs in New York City

Rhizomorphs or mycelial cords are aggregations of hyphae growing from fungi, which resemble tree roots. They provide water and nutrients for the organism. They can grow very long, under streets and pavements, and can draw nutrients from decomposing leaves at the surface. These leaves may be contaminated with radioactivity, which is all the better for them. They also colonize new hosts (trees), in this manner.

DIFFERENT KINDS OF FUNGAL DAMAGE TO TREES

This link provides illustrations of different tree diseases caused by fungi. My son and I recently went on a field trip to 5 different sites in the local area, and saw different kinds of damage. Sometimes the crown goes first, sometimes it is at the bottom, etc.

GROWTH OF MELANIZED FUNGI IN DOMESTIC ENVIRONMENTS

domestic.gif

This pdf provides a good summary on how melanized fungi grow in domestic environments. Many species evolved in unusual ecological niches, and fit right into today’s home. They love dishwashers.

MELANIZED FUNGI CAUSE HUMAN DISEASE AND DEATH

This excellent article (pdf) reviews the current state of medical knowledge of health impacts of melanized fungi. They include the diseases eumycetoma, chromoblastomycosis, and phaeohyphomycosis. The authors classify the conditions into the categories allergic disease, superficial and deep local infections, pulmonary disease, central nervous system (CNS) infection, and disseminated disease.

varieties.gif

List of melanized fungi species known to affect human health

Exposure to these fungi is usually due to breathing or minor cuts from infected agents, like thorns or farm implements. “Surveys of outdoor air for fungal spores routinely show dematiaceous (melanized) fungi. This suggests that all individuals are exposed, though few develop disease. Exposure is primarily from inhalation or minor trauma, which is frequently not even noticed by the patient.” Most of these cases occur in the tropics, but they will widely distributed over the planet from now on.

It is important to recognize that exposure to radiotrophic fungi also includes exposure to radioactivity, which of course increases the risk of disease.

lg461_2.jpg

Chromoblastomycosis

exophi15.jpg

Phaeohyphomycosis

ALLERGIC DISEASE

“Allergic responses to dematiaceous fungi may actually represent the most common clinical manifestation of these fungi. Though asthma has many associated environmental factors, several studies have linked it with exposure to molds and to dematiaceous fungi… Allergic fungal sinusitis is a relatively common condition, with estimates of 6 to 9% of all cases of chronic sinusitis requiring surgery… it is now appreciated that disease due to dematiaceous fungi actually comprises the majority of cases… Allergic bronchopulmonary mycosis (ABPM) is similar in presentation to allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA), which is typically seen in patients with asthma or cystic fibrosis.”

SUPERFICIAL INFECTIONS

“These cases of superficial infections involve only keratinized tissues, such as the fingernails and toenails and the stratum corneum. Consequences of these infections are generally cosmetic… Tinea nigra is an uncommon infection confined to the stratum corneum. The characteristic appearance is that of a pigmented macule, usually on the palms or soles, and may be bilateral.”

DEEP LOCAL INFECTIONS

1.jpg

Subcutaneous lesions

“Subcutaneous lesions are the most common case reports of infection due to melanized fungi in the literature… Many patients are immunocompetent, and they often are from a rural background, i.e., farmers with frequent, minor trauma from plant material or gardeners… Lesions typically occur on exposed areas of the body and often appear as isolated cystic or papular lesions. Presentation is usually indolent, with weeks to months of gradual enlarging mass, though pain is often absent. Severely immunocompromised patients are at increased risk of subsequent dissemination, though this may rarely occur in apparently immunocompetent patients as well. Occasionally, infection may extend to involve joints or bone, requiring more extensive surgery or prolonged antifungal therapy.”

“Fungal keratitis (inflammation of the cornea) is an important ophthalmologic problem, particularly in tropical areas of the world. In one large series, 40% of all infectious keratitis was caused by fungi, almost exclusively molds.”

PULMONARY INFECTION

“Pulmonary infection is usually seen in immunocompromised patients or those with underlying lung disease, and it may be due to a wide variety of species… Clinical manifestations include pneumonia, asymptomatic solitary pulmonary nodules, and endobronchial lesions which may cause hemoptysis.”

CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM INFECTION

“Central nervous system infection is a rare but frequently fatal manifestation of phaeohyphomycosis, often in immunocompetent individuals. In a review of 101 cases of central nervous system infection due to dematiaceous fungi, the most common presentation was found to be brain abscess… What is truly unique about this disease is that over half the cases were in patients with no risk factor or immunodeficiency. In addition, no specific exposures were associated with onset of infection, though many cases seem to occur in rural areas. Typical symptoms included headache, neurologic deficits, and seizures, though rarely all three… Mortality was >70%… The pathogenesis may be hematogenous spread from an initial, presumably subclinical pulmonary focus, though this remains speculation. However, it remains unclear why these fungi preferentially cause CNS disease in immunocompetent individuals… Meningitis has also been described, usually in immunocompromised patients.”

DISSEMINATED INFECTION

“Disseminated infection is the most uncommon manifestation of infection caused by melanized fungi. In a review of 72 cases, most patients were immunocompromised, though occasional patients without known immunodeficiency or risk factors developed disseminated disease as well… Interestingly, peripheral eosinophilia has been observed in 9% of cases, and these were generally due to Bipolaris and Curvularia. These same species are often associated with allergic disease… The mortality rate was >70%, despite aggressive antifungal therapy. There were no antifungal regimens associated with improved survival for disseminated infection.”

PSYCHOSIS

This abstract from researchers in China details symptoms of cerebral phaeohyphomycosis.

“Cerebral phaeohyphomycosis is a fungal infection of the brain typically caused by Cladophialophora bantiana, Exophiala dermatitidis, and Rhinocladiella mackenziei, all of which belong to the order Chaetothyriales. The disease results in black, necrotic brain tissue, black pus, and black cerebrospinal fluid. Pathogens usually reach the brain through the bloodstream or lymphatic fluid and occasionally through direct spreading or accidental inoculation. Patients can present with hemiparesis, tonic spasm, headache, fever, sensory variation, cerebral irritation, and even psychotic behavioural changes.”

107a.jpg

The same thing will happen to human brains

The black, necrotic brain tissue is similar to the black, necrotic leaf tissue we have seen in the dying trees. The same thing that is happening to the trees happens to human brains.

Humans are radioactive too. These fungi seek food.

IT’S EVERYWHERE

Read this blog, the Wit’s End blog, or a database of photos I am collecting for more information. Or go to Flickr and enter the search term “Sandy tree”. Most of the uprooted and broken trees from Hurricane Sandy show sign of fungal damage. Tree damage and death is rapidly spreading across the planet.

UPDATE: CDC Responds to Multistate Outbreak of Fungal Meningitis and Other Infections

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in collaboration with state and local health departments and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is investigating a multistate outbreak of fungal meningitis and other infections among patients who received contaminated preservative-free MPA steroid injections from NECC. Several patients suffered strokes that are believed to have resulted from their infections. The investigation also includes other infections from injections in a peripheral joint, such as a knee, shoulder, or ankle. Patients who received injections in peripheral joints only are not believed to be at risk for meningitis, but they could be at risk for joint and other infections.

As of November 15, 2012, the predominant fungus identified in patients continues to be Exserohilum rostratum, with 84 CDC laboratory-confirmed cases. One patient, the index case, had a laboratory-confirmed Aspergillus fumigatus [JPG - 29 KB] infection. These fungi are common in the environment; fungal infections are not transmitted from person to person.

Multistate Fungal Meningitis Outbreak Investigation

http://www.cdc.gov/hai/outbreaks/meningitis-map.html

Exserohilum rostratum is a melanized fungus that is on the list of those that affect human health. More information from wikipedia. 32 36 dead so far.

UPDATE: An excellent scientific review on mycotoxins is available here. These are secondary poisons from fungi that affect the health of humans, animals, and plants. Some are carcinogenic.

Ever seen spots on leaves before? I don't think it is new. And it is perfectly normal on decaying vegetable material, that is what fungus does, breaks down dead stuff by feeding on it. You can also get plant diseases, air pollution, etc. How is the leukemia rate in the US, anyone want to look it up and maybe find a graph for the last 5 years, rate per 100,000 year by year, month by month? See if it has changed over time?

That might be a little more valuable than shots of rotting trees.

Dr. Bob