In theory I could do a $10 "change" of my information, but I already sent them the info I'd like to have on the card--back in April.

So it takes them five months to produce a card incorrectly? I don't know where they're getting THEIR meds, but clearly what they have access to is far, far better than what I can get my hands on.

• 1 month later...

I have too many problems to list with receiving cards. 1 pateint of mine in her 70's received her card with "No caregiver" on it. I reviewed all the paper work and e-mailed:

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

I'm beginning to think this is not a real person. She replied and said this is "No error" and I would recieve a phone call.

Still waiting on that phone call...... Sad

My first card had an incorrect spelling of my last name. I called and emailed with no response. A month or so after I received my card (in November, from a July application) I added a caregiver and sent the change notice, again, with the correct spelling of my name....do you think they got it right on my card the second time around...nope...I'm quite certain at this point that this is a huge practial joke at the expense of the sick...I'm really starting to wonder if I should even renew this next time around.

I received my card in just under five months. I had a friend that sent his paperwork in exactly 2 weeks before me, and he received his card about two weeks before me. It's funny, because the letter inside was dated a month and a half before the envelope was sent to my house.

Edited by nidz

I know someone who sent their change form in April, they cashed the check, no letters or cards or contact at all in these past 6 1/2 months. Not a good way to treat your customers probably, but with Democrats and Republicans in charge over there, no surprises, for sure! Ha Ha Way to go state of Michigan! Pure Michigan! Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

That or my card is taking the obligitory 1/2 month trip around the state thru the usps before it gets to me. How long should I wait before I start asking questions?

I have never received a card in under 6 months, They tell you on the LARA website when it is ok to start contacting them, and they will also list the time period they are working on cards for. I would check there, and if they are working on applications that were submitted much later than yours I would contact them.

Edit:This is what is currently on their site:

Currently staff is issuing registry ID cards for valid original applications received in early June. Additionally, registry ID cards are being issued for valid renewal applications received for registrations expiring in July.

We appreciate your patience and ask that applicants refrain from calling to inquire about the status of the application unless your original application was submitted prior to mid-May.

I see no improvement whatsoever in the processing time.

Edited by mike44

My husband got his patient card yesterday after submitting in mid-May. But I'm his caregiver and I haven't gotten my card yet. Now here's the odd thing: I'm listed as his CG on his card, but in the spot where it says "authorized to posses plants" it says no, but on the front side with his information it says yes. How can he have a CG that's not allowed to posess plants?! ridiculous!

No, we filled it out for the caregiver (me) to posess. Not only that, but the only reason to have a caregiver is for that person to cultivate the medicine. If you were to "change back to patient" then that would mean you no longer have a caregiver at all. According to the law you can't posess your own plants AND acquire meds from a caregiver.

I have the paperwork in front of me and we did delegate the posession correctly. Thank you for your concern, however, I guess the interpretation is relative to the individual or area you're in. When we filled out the paperwork, we consulted with our attorney and he told us it could only be one way or the other. Thank you for your advice though.

I am curios though, what would be the benefits having having it both ways???

• 2 weeks later...

Mailed June 21, 2011

Cashed June 23, 2011

Arrived (!!!) November 17, 2011 (Both my patient's and mine on the same day)

Issued July 7, 2011

Expires August 01, 2012

Got a "bonus" month it looks like since they could have expired it in July since I sent it in June..

the issue and expire date is the same for mine :)

edit : my issue date is a day before yours but the expire date is the same

Edited by o0_bong_toker_0o

Good to hear JB... I just got my card in the mail today!!! Wrong spelling to my last name...lol...they switched my letters around. Funny that there are so many mistakes on just the darn names...like its almost a trick to allow oc da's to invalidate u'r defense. Crazy. So is the email enough or shpould I cert mail a request letter??? Got a few caregiver cards in the works too... Wonderin how many different spellings will come... Lol. Btw...7-15 cashed, 11-23 arrived.