Renewal Card Came yesterday, 9/7...84 days

Sent 6/15

Same Doc, no changes

All they needed to do was cash the check and print new card.

My wife and I are patient's.Our cards expire 10/1/2011.

I can't scrape up the money for renewal. I should not be saying this on the internet,but we a scared & have to chop our ,,meds until we can muster the money to renew.

someone may suggest to farm market the meds but it takes time to finish,crop & process meds.

It's just amazing that it would take almost 3 months to get a hard MM card re-newel. What a joke of a processing dept. And this is the same system that thinks it is competent enough to know what's best for MM patients. What a political machine! 8 month card waiting periods! :thumbsu:

I am a caregiver. Two patient apps sent in late March.. one renewal app and one new app. Both checks cashed on April 2nd. The renewal card came in 45 days, still no word on the new patient card or my caregiver cards. The renewal patient changed caregiver to me.. and my name and address are on her new card.. just waiting for my caregiver card. Is it time for me to start bugging the state about this?

I got concerned about one of my patients that has yet to receive their card.

Date sent 5.11.11

Date Check Cashed 5.13.11

Here's part of the response from MMMP e-mail I received.

Applications are approved or denied within 15 days of receipt. If denied, the patient will receive a certified letter from the State of Michigan explaining the reasons and what to do next. Currently staff is issuing registry ID cards for valid applications received late March. This information is updated at our website: www.michigan.gov/mmp.

It kinda looks like nothing has changed since late year. :(

Currently staff is issuing registry ID cards for valid original applications received in early April. Additionally, registry ID cards are being issued for valid renewal applications received for registrations expiring in July.

Above is from the LARA MMMP website. I'm still waiting for 2 mid March cards, as well as one from the first week in April. I'm not the only one I know that's still waiting on March cards.

I've been monitoring their updates for 6 months now, it appears to be taking them almost 2 months to process 1 months worth of apps. I wonder how long it will take them to get caught up at that rate?

I wonder how long it will take them to get caught up at that rate?

Instantly if you multiply by negative 1.

For instance. What is LARA's Medical Marijuana Licensing program x -1?

Negative LARA's medical marihuana licensing program.

Yes I am trying to express the removal of state licensing using algebra.

and for the record.

SENT: 2/4/11

CASHED: 2/21/11

ISSUED: 3/4/11

RECEIVED: 6/20/11

EXPIRES: 4/1/12

THE EXPECTED VALUE: According to what I remember of the MMMA2008, the annual cost of being a medical marihuana patient participating in the state of Michigans LARA program is $0.34 per day. ($125/365)

THE PERCIEVED VALUE AND FRAUD CREATED BY THE STATES FAILED IMPLEMENTATION OF A CARD SYSTEM:

My card is valid for 392 days according to the Issued Date and Exp Date. This gives the impression that the value of the card is not $0.34 per day, but $0.32.

THE ACTUAL VALUE: I was approved by the state and went 108 days approved but without having received my card.

I posses the card for only 284 days before it expires. (6/20/11 - 4/1/12) giving my card an actual value of $0.44 per day.

30% of the value of my card is being stolen from me by the failure of the state to issue cards in a not only timely, but accurate manner. THIS IS FRAUD.

People who are now waiting longer than I did are being taxed MORE. If you only hold a card for 182 days from receiving in the mail to expiration date, this "tax" or "theft" (unsure which would be more accurate) is more than 1/2 the value of the card.

Edited by Ten4GoodBuddys

Got my card today. A little less than 5 months as expected.

Mailed: 4/18

Check cashed: 4/20

Card Issued: 5/4

Card received: 9/14

Card expires: 6/01/12

261 days. You only lost 28.5% of the value.

You received your card one day after someone who lost 37%.

They applied one week before you, your expiration date is one month after theirs.

Mailed April 14, 2011

Check cashed April 27, 2011

Card issued May 10, 2011

Card received September 20, 2011

Expires June 1, 2012

And they misspelled my name.

So... can I use the card? If it takes another five months to get a card that has my actual information on it, that's $100 for two months of plastic? How is that right?

They have my middle initial right, but got my first name wrong. I have a fairly unusual name--googling it with the right spelling produces only me as a result, and googling it with the spelling they have produces nobody. Even so, am I making myself vulnerable to prosecution if the card isn't unambiguously "mine"?

I'm still waiting on 2 renewal cards (mine & hubby's)

Sent 6-24

Check Cashed 6-26

Waiting on a CG card for a patient, the patient has yet to receive his card also. Sent 5-2, check cashed 5-4, LARA called him on Aug 29th stating that he hadn't sent in a cg form/copy of cg id...(which he had because I mailed it personally) so we faxed it in the same day (as requested) and still nothing! I'd hate to think our wait time starts over because by the time we get it, it will be time to renew...

They "outsourced" it to "expedite the process" yet nothing has changed in wait time...it actually seems like it's gotten longer. I mean with the surplus of funds they have, why the hell can't they hire more people or buy more/better equipment? No, they're probably using the money us patients & cg's paid to become "legal" to pay the officers to harass us and put us in jail. Isn't that some $hit....