But doesn't "issued" mean it's been processed and printed? All of the dates for issuance on this page [edit: page 41] were within the 20 day window, followed by a 3-4 month delay for receipt. Specifically I'm wondering if Jessica Cooper and her ilk have something to do with this, given their most recent plan to try to claim your "paper card" is only valid until the "real card" is "issued".

Edited by purklize

Anyone know why the cards are issued promptly, but not mailed out till months later?

Your application is received and a preliminary review is done. If you sent in all required documents and they are signed and dated correctly they cash your check/money order; Otherwise, you get it back. It is then placed in line for final approval and card issuance (the process that currently takes 4 1/2 months). You are legal 20 days after they have received your completed applicaton and cashed your check. You have to keep a copy of all the paperwork, a tracer of the money order showing it was cashed (or copy of cancelled check) and the returned receipt card showing that they received the application. Your card is supposed to be good until the 1st of the month following the month that they received your application. So, the reason is your legal before you receive your card and it is valid for 12 months.

But doesn't "issued" mean it's been processed and printed? All of the dates for issuance on this page [edit: page 41] were within the 20 day window, followed by a 3-4 month delay for receipt. Specifically I'm wondering if Jessica Cooper and her ilk have something to do with this, given their most recent plan to try to claim your "paper card" is only valid until the "real card" is "issued".

The law specifically addresses this issue.

333.26429 Failure of department to adopt rules or issue valid registry identification card

(b) If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card.

I don't think it gets any clearer than this.

That doesn't answer any questions about why they're "issued" and mailed months later though...

Jessica Cooper is trying to exploit a supposed "loophole" in the law by saying that once a card has been "issued" your paper card is no longer valid... and I'm wondering if this related.

Congrats. Considering the exponential wait-time I wonder if later on this year, people will be waiting 6 months or more?

Two of my friends applied together,neither has their card after 4 months.

At that rate it'll be at least Aug. for me but at least I'm able to indulge

useing my paperwork. :thumbsu:

Nice !

As I walked to the mailbox, I laughed when I saw it was 4:20 on 4/20. My J fell out of my mouth when i realized what that letter from the state was...

sent - 12-15-10

recvd - 4-20-11

My friend sent his paperwork in over a week ago but they didn't cash his check until 4/20. Did this happen to anyone else?

Im 2 cards behind after today lol,,,,I started not caring any longer,,,it gets easier (the wait)

1st card: becoming a new pt, with a c..g

2nd: dropping c.g

3rd renewell

4th assign a c.g

5th change of adress!

so im waiting on the 4th and 5th now,,,i bet they get it messed up..lol

belive me it does get easier after you finaly get that first card. lol,,,man i remember that,,,,It was a realy good feeling!

Only thing besides not becoming legal, I would have done dif,,,is not tell people im a patient! im 48yrsl old,,I was excited to be able to finaly do something legal that I have been doing ilegal most of my life,,,I realy do use it for pain now,,,and not just the good feeling I get from it (thats a bonus) I dont take any medications for pain any longer, im off of all narcotics and only use mm for my main pain medication! I am working on a few dif tintures for anxiety,,I need to get some help there,,and cant do the meds i used to get,,to hard to get off of them (xanax) to many strains make me a lil paranoid,or anxious,,so Im working on that for me, and hopefuly I will be able to share when I get the rite mix down

Peace and I hope all majicly get there cards today and the mdch gets all caught up!

FTW

Jim

Guest Happy Guy

I got my 4/20(first group) renewal in less than 2 weeks. It was in my hand days before the old one expired. I have used THCF all three times. Maybe there's less to check that way? It was right quick! There is hope!