Warning. Law Changes Will Take Place Instantly.

peanutbutter

I guess a temporary passing of the bill is done when there are not enough votes...like at 6pm. Then, later, when the deals are made and they have enough votes, they can come back to bills that were 'temporarily passed' earlier. At least that is how it looks to me.

I'd be curious to know what we were bargained away for. In other words, who changed their votes from 6pm to 4am and was it for pieces of silver or what was the deal? What was the value of the rights of the 200,000+ cannabis patients and caregivers?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Resto, what exactly about the bills that passed are you so upset about? And washtenaut, we knew about 8 last night they had the votes. Hey, how about Callton? So much for him voting against them huh.

Well, please inform the rest of us as to how the dealing went down. What was the bargain? Who changed their votes? What was your role?

So Resto, what exactly about the bills that passed are you so upset about? And washtenaut, we knew about 8 last night they had the votes. Hey, how about Callton? So much for him voting against them huh.

Everything that's still in them after we said we didn't want them. We all said we didn't want them. We stood up in unity and solidarlty against them. Do you really think the small changes made them that much better that we would WANT them? You are Surprised?

I am not surprised that you are a Moron Resto. Why don't you go back and look at the original Walsh bills and then see what we ended up with. We kept on submitting language change (in writing) over and over again. We made a unity letter stating exactly what our problem with the bills were, they removed the part we had a problem with. They (senate/jones) were going to ban ALL felons. We stayed on that and save some from being ex'd out. 4856, while there is questions on how it may conflict with section 8 is still easily able to be complied with, even if you have a pick up or minivan. Grow up!

Washtenaut, you and many others have it in your head there was some secret deal going on, well there wasn't. Notice there is nothing in there about extra clones or secondary caregivers or anything related to the BS you were fed by your chosen leader. Two years many of us have spent dealing directly with them bills. These bills were a rollercoaster ride. What we have them tore down to is a far cry from where they started. If they had not passed we would have been right back on the coaster next year and we still may and this time they could have been worse. Now as it stands the legislature/LEO have no more excuses about this law not being valid. NO MORE GREY AREAS!

So now you have a choice, get growing and enjoying this gift of a law or go back in the shadows. I am content that the danger of these bills is nil. We dodged a nasty bullet.

I am not surprised that you are a Moron Resto. Why don't you go back and look at the original Walsh bills and then see what we ended up with. We kept on submitting language change (in writing) over and over again. We made a unity letter stating exactly what our problem with the bills were, they removed the part we had a problem with. They (senate/jones) were going to ban ALL felons. We stayed on that and save some from being ex'd out. 4856, while there is questions on how it may conflict with section 8 is still easily able to be complied with, even if you have a pick up or minivan. Grow up!

Washtenaut, you and many others have it in your head there was some secret deal going on, well there wasn't. Notice there is nothing in there about extra clones or secondary caregivers or anything related to the BS you were fed by your chosen leader. Two years many of us have spent dealing directly with them bills. These bills were a rollercoaster ride. What we have them tore down to is a far cry from where they started. If they had not passed we would have been right back on the coaster next year and we still may and this time they could have been worse. Now as it stands the legislature/LEO have no more excuses about this law not being valid. NO MORE GREY AREAS!

So now you have a choice, get growing and enjoying this gift of a law or go back in the shadows. I am content that the danger of these bills is nil. We dodged a nasty bullet.

You have the same arrogance as the ones who passed these bills. You are worthless. You couldn't even get Ken Horn to vote with you on your pet right to work bill. You should re think your next move because you have already 'jumped the shark' here.

Hahaha, You don't know $hit Resto, nor have you ever. Why don't you get a FB account and see what I actually said on RTW. You stay in your little world, looking thru your security cams at the outside world. Get out there and make a difference. You have had ample opportunity to do so, yet neglected your chances. Fail..

Speaking RTW, why weren't YOU in Lansing standing with your brothers?

Edited by SFC

I see there are a few mods in here. does that mean we can get personal with people now? Just asking, Im tired of keeping my mouth shut against these phaqing punks that like to phaq up every thread, Id like to play on an even feild in the threads, But im pretty sure if I got personal with some one id be banned, I guess im gonna have to think of the many other things i can do besides this site and make up my mind, either I play like the rest in here or im a wuss, and I dont like being a wuss anywhere! and I dont like young punks repping me, I am very capable of doing that myself!

Forget RTW, at least in this thread.

Please forget past leadership, for God's sake

Actually, SFC, I thought you implied that you knew what happened with the voting by saying 'we knew at 8pm'. Also your comment that you are glad that the bills passed put a little wonder in me.

So, if you know, what was the bargain that took us from the failed vote on 4834 to the passing 4am vote? Who were the Senators involved?

I guess a temporary passing of the bill is done when there are not enough votes...like at 6pm. Then, later, when the deals are made and they have enough votes, they can come back to bills that were 'temporarily passed' earlier. At least that is how it looks to me.

I'd be curious to know what we were bargained away for. In other words, who changed their votes from 6pm to 4am and was it for pieces of silver or what was the deal? What was the value of the rights of the 200,000+ cannabis patients and caregivers?

It would be interesting to know and we shall ask each in person what changed their mind to vote for these bills.

Also, there are not over 200,000 pt/cg's.

That would be wrong.

Skip to main content

Listen Live

Live Stream

BBC Newshour

POLITICS & GOVERNMENT

Medical marijuana bills go to floor of state House

3:00 PM

Sun, Dec 2, 2012

user elioja Flickr

The new bills would allow insurance companies to deny coverage for medical marijuana patients.

By Jake Neher

Bills in the state House would let insurance companies deny coverage for medical marijuana.

Employers could also refuse to reimburse medical marijuana expenses through workers compensation.

Opponents of the legislation say it discriminates against a legal form of patient care.

Republican state Senator Rick Jones said many opponents of the bills simply want to abuse the system.

“They felt medical marijuana should be given for everything. They were actually claiming that medical marijuana will cure cancer and cure almost any disease. Some of the testimony was simply bizarre,” said Jones.

Some medical marijuana advocates support the measures. They say when voters approved medical marijuana in the state, they never meant to force insurers to cover the drug.

The bills easily passed the state Senate in May.

Related Posts

Lansing judge says medical marijuana law "screams for legislative clarification," dismisses cases

Marijuana in Michigan: What new pot laws mean for the state

Election results show Michigan cities more marijuana friendly

Forget RTW, at least in this thread.

Please forget past leadership, for God's sake

Actually, SFC, I thought you implied that you knew what happened with the voting by saying 'we knew at 8pm'. Also your comment that you are glad that the bills passed put a little wonder in me.

So, if you know, what was the bargain that took us from the failed vote on 4834 to the passing 4am vote? Who were the Senators involved?

It is realy hard to forget the old leader ship, I made a comment about it the other day, I tried not to babble on about it, but ya cant help it alot of times, For those people who have absoluty no common sense people like the old guy, has no prob convincing people he was right. for people like me, or at the very least 2/3's of this thread!!

I believe the old/new management Is the same as the last, only diff is (im hoping no one is gettting paid other than some one earning it) I know who owns the site, as every one else does, he also owned it with his old management! And Im sure he can only pick some one he hopes he can trust to make this site run smooth and on top. but bottom line it is still the same guy hiring the guy/gal to run this site again, not real sure how long he has had the whole site, nor if matt able owned any either,(oh man the despenses changed things right quick in here) I was here, so were many many of you, and the people that have been here as long as me or longer, know how I am, and who I am, I hide from no body! Im not doing anything wrong, (other than loose lips shink ships now and than) lol.

I feel I have been around here long enough, ya see my posts #", and if ya look back at some of my old posts from back in the day, you will see, you either like me or hate me! Dont Matter, Ive been in politics all of my life, I was raised by a major union founder! I worked both union and non union,,,its all politics,,,now all the folks that left with the big fella are against us, they still believe him,,He has to be honest with a few people so he can get friends to work for him free, and better, he can travel this state and eat the best food (bawahahahahaha) and use the best meds freee, all he has to do is pay for gas, the rest of the stuff he goes home with is worth way more!

any how, This site is not better than last time around,,and Im truly not blaming any mods or zap, shoot im not blaming anyone, maybe we will get over these lil growing pains and move on to doing what this site was ment to do for pt's. c.g's and future ones! I have my own idea's about protests at this time with what the con men in lansing are doing! we dont need a bunch of hippie phaq's protesting all together, go to some of the protests of late! been alot we could have put 5 signs in, than I dont realy care what you wear roglmfao! all i care about is some one else called the protest and we got at least one sign visible to every one, and even than if it got as much neg press as it usualy does, its realy gonna be a oops sorry my bad, to the ones that orginized it!

If your gonna play with the big boys prepare to lose friends and make alot of enemys or stay home!

Peace

Jim

Washtenaut, we heard from a reliable source last night that the votes were not dead. Obviously nobody that was in the know was going to go riding through the web forums like Paul Revere simply because we could not be sure. There are plenty of valid points on both the pro's and cons of the Walsh bills. I respectfully disagree with my compadres that think these bills are bad. I look at it from the perspective of what we got changed in them bills. I ask any of you that is not a violent felon, WHAT about these bills is going to discourage you from staying carded? Juxtapose that against what 4834 was and ask would you have stayed carded if LEO had full access to the registry?

Washtenaut, we heard from a reliable source last night that the votes were not dead. Obviously nobody that was in the know was going to go riding through the web forums like Paul Revere simply because we could not be sure. There are plenty of valid points on both the pro's and cons of the Walsh bills. I respectfully disagree with my compadres that think these bills are bad. I look at it from the perspective of what we got changed in them bills. I ask any of you that is not a violent felon, WHAT about these bills is going to discourage you from staying carded? Juxtapose that against what 4834 was and ask would you have stayed carded if LEO had full access to the registry?

I think a lot of the people who hate (primarily the lock-it-up bill) these bills probably haven't had to deal with government officials much.....and how it actually plays in our favor to a few simple new items to comply with. Have meds locked in your trunk, or for example if there was a labeling/tagging requirement, and you can show an inspector that you are complying with these simple requirements, they generally don't tend to push the issue. Another good example would be tagging with weights. If LEO pulls you over and you have a big jar of meds seat-belted next to you in the passenger seat and the weight is not indicated, LEO gets suspicious.... and probably an attitude too. But get pulled over and have the same jar in your trunk or in a toolbox in the back of your van, with a label that says "2.5 oz of MMJ," you're far less likely to get hassled.

According to my sources Reps Horn and Cavanagh asked for one more chance in the senate and were actually surprised when they did pass early this morning. They were bi-partisan bills. There was no side deal, or special favors or anything crazy like that. They were just two bills that have been worked very hard on for almost two years. We can pout and cry or we can realize that they really did listen to us.

I see there are a few mods in here. does that mean we can get personal with people now? Just asking, Im tired of keeping my mouth shut against these phaqing punks that like to phaq up every thread, Id like to play on an even feild in the threads, But im pretty sure if I got personal with some one id be banned, I guess im gonna have to think of the many other things i can do besides this site and make up my mind, either I play like the rest in here or im a wuss, and I dont like being a wuss anywhere! and I dont like young punks repping me, I am very capable of doing that myself!

Naa .. let it run.

At least the war will be in the open.

Naa .. let it run.

At least the war will be in the open.

It realy isnt any better, with how the mods let others gang bang anyone they want we are losing peple so I guess i should find a new interesting place, if ya dont agree with the few in here your on their sh it list! Id rather just be on every ones, sh it list!

Peace

Jim

p.s I have my friends, its been intersting sitting back and watching for the most part over the yrs here, the people that matter are still here and the ones that didnt matter just got replaced by others that dont matter! :yahoo-wave:

Peace

Jim

Senator Jones was kind enough to mention my note.

I thought the Free press Might like to see what he was talking about.

Feel free to forward the memo.

Restricting the medical marijuana program is a move in the wrong direction. It tells our doctors to avoid this medicine.

Instead, our lawmakers should be focused on encouraging doctors to use this medicine to save lives. Every day of delay is more lives lost.

Please vote no on every bill that attempts to restrict this medicine.

Gersh Avery 734-424-3374

Co-founder Michigan Cannabis Cancer project. Educating cancer patients since 2008.

** Patients commonly consume a half pound of marijuana per month for this purpose. **

http://www.huffingto..._n_2224898.html

Medical marijuana is gaining acceptance, but could it even help kids? Dr. William Courtney has seen it happen, and on Friday, told HuffPost Live host Alyona Minkovski about it. Saying he was "quite a skeptic 5 or 6 years ago", Dr. Courtney continued that "my youngest patient is 8 months old, and had a very massive centrally located inoperable brain tumor." The child's father pushed for non-traditional treatment utilizing cannabis.

"They were putting cannabinoid oil on the baby's pacifier twice a day, increasing the dose... And within two months there was a dramatic reduction, enough that the pediatric oncologist allowed them to go ahead with not pursuing traditional therapy."

The tumor was remarkably reduced after eight months of treatment. Dr. Courtney pointed out that the success of the cannabis approach means that "this child, because of that, is not going to have the long-term side effects that would come from a very high dose of chemotherapy or radiation... currently the child's being called a miracle baby, and I would have to agree that this is the perfect response that we should be insisting is frontline therapy for all children before they launch off on all medications that have horrific long term side effects."

CBS News Poll: 83 Percent Of Americans Support Therapeutic Use Of Cannabis

Thursday, 06 December 2012

New York, NY: More than eight out of ten Americans say that cannabis use for therapeutic purposes should be legal, according to a nationwide CBS News telephone poll of 1,100 adults.

Eighty-three percent of respondents, the highest percentage ever reported in a scientific poll, said that they favor allowing doctors to prescribe specified amounts of marijuana for patients suffering from serious illnesses. This total was up from 77 percent support a year ago and 62 percent support in 1997. A majority of Americans of all ages - as well as a majority of self-identified Republicans, Democrats, and independents - said they support the use of physician-recommended cannabis therapy.

Since 1996, 18 states and the District of Columbia have enacted legislation allowing for qualified persons to possess and use cannabis with a doctor's recommendation.

Fifty-nine percent of respondents also say that the federal government should not interfere in those states that have enacted laws allowing for the use of cannabis by qualified patients. The poll found that respondents were evenly divided on the separate question of whether cannabis should be legally available to all adults.

For more information, please contact Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director, at (202) 483-5500, or Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director, at: paul@norml.org.

Edited by peanutbutter

And as I pointed earlier, "readily accessible" is a very broad definition. I cannot imagine an attorney that couldn't drive a truck thru that hole.

I know people here are probably tired of hearing this

But if a jury is not allowed to hear that you are a medical marijuana patient a lawyer is not going to Be able to help you Anyways