Throwing Caregivers Under The Bus?

The brief is a nice read.

How can “patient-to-patient transfers of medical marijuana” be facilitated through dispensaries? If the transfer is facilitated through dispensaries it is no a patient-to-patient transfer.

The voters could have prohibited dispensaries because the question of dispensaries was not presented to them. The caregiver and grow-your-own models of access were delineated in the MMMA.

I do, and have found that the MMMA does allow for the patient-to patient transfers of marihuana for medical use.

I doubt that voters were looking at a broader interpretation of the Act to allow patients to be able to find the strain of medical marijuana that would best help their condition. Heck, most people were unaware of strains. People purchased what was available for sale.

As for patients needing cannabis without the delay of waiting for marijuana to grow and be harvested; not only is this true of everything in life, the people involved with Ann Arbor Medical Cannabis Guild would also have to wait for a plant to grow and be harvested.

I have always said that the MMMA allowed 4 forms of acquisition; grow your own, have your caregiver provide for you, receive from another patient (transfer), or get from “Little Johnnie on the corner”.

The easiest was to keep excess marihuana out the public domain is to simply grow what you need – need what you grow.

In reading §3(e) of the MMMA which speaks of patient-to patient transfers, and maintaining the intent of the MMMA as voted on; "Medical use" meant the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia between two individual people – not a person and a business enterprise.

It was not just caregivers being tossed under the bus, but everyone who voted in favor of the Act. I voted for sick and ailing residents of Michigan to be able to legally use cannabis to alleviate their discomforts; not for the health and well to set-up business that pimps and profits off the sick.

Since the caregivers and “grow-your-own” models are not working, how is the Ann Arbor Medical Cannabis Guild legally getting its stock?

Well read and stated Ms Chocolate. As always, you put the light on the correct points of topic.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak for the lower part of the state but up near Tc several locker lease dispensaries existed. My understanding was the mount pleasant CA operated this way. I could be confused by the point you are making but these places didn't import, all locally grown.

My point was that with the locker system (as was used) there was no requirement that the meds come from a licensed CG or patient who grew them legally.

If any pt or any CG can sell any meds he shows up with to stuff into a locker, this is where we have an issue. This is where guys who see dollar signs will plant HUGE outdoor grows that attract the attention of the feds, etc. And people will import weed from out-of-state and sell it as if they grew it here at home and no-one will know the difference.

We will always have a limited number of patients. Right now there are what, 130,000 or so? That makes for about 1.5 million legal plants in Michigan.

Frankly, I don't care if we have a zillion dispensaries, drive through windows, flashing neon pot leaves, delivery services, and the who bit. As long as the only cannabis that is legal to transfer is cannabis grown by a pt or CG then we don't need to worry about greedy business interests trying to take away grow rights.

That's what this comes down to. When big money gets involved, big business gets your grow rights. 12 plants per patient, all grown in Michigan solves this problem.

You might also think about the effect we have when meds pour in from CO or CA. People in CO and CA start to realize that they can make money selling their weed HERE, so then they take an interest in our politics here at home.

Medical marijuana will not be affordable if the common person loses the right to grow. Scenarios where retailers make unlimited profits set the stage for attacks on grow rights. See the problem?

ty

osted Today, 12:39 PM

snapback.pngcristinew, on 27 August 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

I say if the Mexican Drug Cartel can sell cannabis at 50 bucks an oz and smuggle it in with a huge profit, Then the government can provide patients cannabis for 20 bucks an oz with a huge profit... let the patients grow their own or pay 20 bucks an OZ from a government dispensary,, screw the 250 oz farmers markets, and 400 an oz dispensaries,

what is wrong with that ? maybe pay for some schools? seems the ones that do not like this idea have profits to lose

I did not say mexican weed should be sold mikescott please lean how to read .. and quit the insults,

Edited by cristinew

I say if the Mexican Drug Cartel can sell cannabis at 50 bucks an oz and smuggle it in with a huge profit, Then the government can provide patients cannabis for 20 bucks an oz with a huge profit... let the patients grow their own or pay 20 bucks an OZ from a government dispensary,, screw the 250 oz farmers markets, and 400 an oz dispensaries,

what is wrong with that ? maybe pay for some schools? seems the ones that do not like this idea have profits to lose

I did not say mexican weed should be sold mikescott please lean how to read .. and quit the insults,

one can not hold a conversation on a forum such as this with out being able to read. your inability to make a rational statement at times has nothing to do with anyone's ability to read. when you repeatedly respond to forum members with insults you do little to open the minds of others to your opinions.

I will lean as fast as I can.

what insult?

From reading your posts over time I figured you would pride yourself on the title.

All I meant is you will get a far inferior medicine if the gov grows it. I would never support anything along those lines and feel strongly about that. I dont push a market or dispensary and no longer have any financial interest in mm at all.

ganga likes his high price markets,,,,, just a thief in my book.. with an agenda gouge patients,.... some mexican weed in Tuscon for 50 bucks an oz is from the same seed banks u use ,, who says you have to spray it, ,, you seem to know NOthing ganga,,

where do you get I am a thief.... what makes you think that by wishing to have options i am looking to hurt patients.... also notice my options always involved the caregiver as well...you repeated attempts at insulting me are tired and boring.

Well I think I take another hiatus from this site.

You all can have your flame contests. I am tired.

The previous posts clearly illustrates why we are facing the amendments to our law.

No matter how hard others and myself have tried to unify the people on this site it always

ends the same way. People calling each other names or making accusations as to another's character.

It is sad to think that our law may go up in smoke cause we can not get it together.

Remember Cesar Fiddled while Rome burned.

Ado and farewell.

I am sticking up for Cristinew, we were all discussing this calmly and along comes ganja with a can of gasoline and a lighter. And of course for the twentieth time Fat Freddy will chime in last saying he is done with this site , blah, blah. You guys need to sack up or bail out.

the whole mmj issue always seems to get misinterpted by everybody. words are words READ THEM then think about intent.

you people are having issues with things we deal with everyday in our lives as small business men and women.

we just need to define ourselves more professionally and let our intent be clear. oh and GROW UP

somebody should sit down with WILLY AND SMOKE EM PEACE PIPE. as for he is the most respected by hemp4life by his professionalism and level headedness.

I did not say get it from the cartel read my post,,,,,, if you guys know how to read,,, seems not,, all yu guys do is push your markets and destroy our law,

what is wrong with patients growing their own , and others getting it from a government run dispensary at 20 bucks an oz .. they can produce it at that price and still make a profit for our schools,,,, ,, the drug cartel can profit at 50 bucks an oz and lose tons

Be careful what you wish for....

I mean no offense, this is just my opinion.

$50 oz. Mexican may be okay for anxiety or to aid in sleeping, or some other similar condition. Well that is the best that could come from it in my opinion. Many bad things can come from it though. ??

Now, $20 oz. from the government: I would not recommend anyone to consume anything produced at that price from the government. Recently, our government made clean, pure tobacco illegal in this country. Many tobacco companies have been banned from importing into our country because they would not comply to the new US standards of tobacco. Here is an example of some of the standards: The tobacco grown in this country now carries at least a 30% higher risk of death compared to naturally grown tobacco. It is grown with radiated fertilizers, which was mandated by the government. Also, most is not tobacco leaf any more for cigarettes, it is ground up stems, paper, unknown, and has chemicals sprayed onto it. It is far more profitable and productive in the government or big businesses eye.

At $20 per ounce of marijuana provided by the government would most likely be toxic and increase your chances of death.

I don't have anything against dispensaries per say. The more options and safe access for patients, the better. I just don't want to see more restrictions put on patients who wish to help themselves by growing for themselves or to obtain a caregiver to grow for them.

If they would just leave the law alone, and if the police and government would respect patients and caregivers rights to grow and possess medical marijuana. Well I believe that a lot of the problems within 5 to 10 years would become resolved. This stuff takes time. It has only been 3 years. Quality and prices will level out and become more consistent, based upon more experience and reputations from everyone. It is not like everyone already had a decade or more of experience to provide quality medical grade marijuana. There are so many that are still learning. I think it would be more productive if we as a community would help each other more rather than hurting each other.

Again, I mean not to offend. I just have a difficult time putting my trust in the government officials and big businesses.

:D

I am sticking up for Cristinew, we were all discussing this calmly and along comes ganja with a can of gasoline and a lighter. And of course for the twentieth time Fat Freddy will chime in last saying he is done with this site , blah, blah. You guys need to sack up or bail out.

that is not surprising its called a bias. you need to drop it.