Cease And Desist For Jackson County Dispensaries...

Vinkman

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can all read the law but professionals can help us with the interpretation and protect us from those officers who decide we r doing something wrong...Its kinda like going to the Dr. instead of looking it up on web MD...get ur head around it...you will need a lawyer at some point no matter how legal you are...

OK got it STAY home don't go to compassion clubs meetings ? and don't get involved or you could wear a mask or use a paper bag as i have done i understand if its about growing i tell people all the time don't tell anyone that you grow

i always used i got mind from some one i knew or i dont know how to grow

When reading the law, there are very clear things we can do. They are written right there, like the caregiver being able to transfer to and receive compensation from their registered patients. The problem folks run in to is that there are clear things you CAN do, and some fuzzy things you 'might' be able to do. Do the clear things only. 99% of the time, folks that run into grief were doing things they 'might' be able to do. Most of the time it turns out to be wrong and folks are forced to go up against the unlimited finances and legal resources of the state to prove what at best is a rather loose interpretation of the Act they came up with to try and justify something they wanted to do.

As for you Bob, I suggest you read the original complaint. I suspect you will find the answer there. I don't think they threw a dart at the phone book, clearly you were doing something they didn't agree with, right or wrong.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

Anyone who gets payed for any service should retain a lawyer as part of doing business in the real world...

I kinda feel like there are alot of HUGE egos here...including mine...

This venue is geared toward ppl with Huge egos...

Zealots...

If you feel like this is directed toward you...it probably was...

Love is the answer...

Cheers...

party on...

play on player...

remember the alamo...

hahaha

yes Zap they all do.

i know several who have been sued.

we live in a litigation age.

New York just passed a law banning "large sugar drinks" nothing served over 12 oz with sugar i think it is? something...

anyways..

yes

roofers

plumbers

realtors

builders

everyone who is in business could be sued in today's age. for almost any reason.

and Yes....

a hard lesson to learn for someone like myself who actually used to believe in the court system.

then i have seen myself and my family, many friends sued in the past 10 years over silly, frivolous, unfounded lawsuits that should be settled with handshakes and good relationships.

those things dont work anymore.

banks sue.. in a split second.

people sue in a split second.

before even making a phone call to resolve an issue.

yes.

if you are in any kind of business.

meet council.

discuss it.

retain them and have a relationship established BEFORE you are under duress and need them.

it is a lesson i have learned.

That is not true John. I am one of them trades on the list. The only time I have needed an attorney was when we filed corporation papers. I do know of a few cntractors that have been sued but usually there is a valid reason. Most of the others I know do not have one on retainer. And I am nearing 20 years in business.

Edited by SFC

That is not true John. I am one of them trades on the list. The only time I have needed an attorney was when we filed corporation papers. I do know of a few cntractors that have been sued but usually there is a valid reason. Most of the others I know do not have one on retainer. And I am nearing 20 years in business.

it used to not be true SFC

it is now.

i now many sued who deserved it... i won't name them.. but then a trend reached a climax when the market collapsed in 08

civil suits have filled the mailboxes of many i know.

i realize your in one of these industries but i submit. the best thing you could do is to know council.

if you never need them.

awesome.

if you do need them. you already have them and they know you.

trust me... people sue even when you try to tell them before hand...

i personally was sued 10 years ago as a realtor. i sold a home in an area with questionable drainage in the neighborhood.

i tried to explain to the buyer that they should have an inspection and the neighborhood had a tenancy to flood.

i was the sellers agent.

they had a buyers agent present.

they insisted on doing the inspection themselves.

oops.

missed the rotten floor joists because the insulation was stapled from underneath.

they sued me.

how i still can't explain... but they sued everyone.

and even tho i won in so much as i didn't have to pay them anything.. it was 2 years and 10k in lawyer fees for depositions and meetings.

i can tell you all about this one.. because it was me.

the other ones i know of personally were not me...directly and i cannot discuss them...

but YES i would speak to council prior to needing them.

it usually cost nothing to retain council.

just in case... the billing does not begin until you "use them"

i did not know that

it depends on the wording with each council

some expire and need to be renewed annually.

some have no expiration.

some will not take one until needed.

it depends on the council, the business, and the relationship that's established with that office.

many find it easier to save a bit at a time just in case... rather than have to have it all at once when you need it... that's all it is about.

it used to not be true SFC

it is now.

i now many sued who deserved it... i won't name them.. but then a trend reached a climax when the market collapsed in 08

civil suits have filled the mailboxes of many i know.

i realize your in one of these industries but i submit. the best thing you could do is to know council.

if you never need them.

awesome.

if you do need them. you already have them and they know you.

trust me... people sue even when you try to tell them before hand...

i personally was sued 10 years ago as a realtor. i sold a home in an area with questionable drainage in the neighborhood.

i tried to explain to the buyer that they should have an inspection and the neighborhood had a tenancy to flood.

i was the sellers agent.

they had a buyers agent present.

they insisted on doing the inspection themselves.

oops.

missed the rotten floor joists because the insulation was stapled from underneath.

they sued me.

how i still can't explain... but they sued everyone.

and even tho i won in so much as i didn't have to pay them anything.. it was 2 years and 10k in lawyer fees for depositions and meetings.

i can tell you all about this one.. because it was me.

the other ones i know of personally were not me...directly and i cannot discuss them...

but YES i would speak to council prior to needing them.

it usually cost nothing to retain council.

just in case... the billing does not begin until you "use them"

i think he thinks it can't happen to him he is legal imho lol

I agree John. And I may not have one on retainer but I have a few available if needed. ;)

that's what most people do..

some who are more "at risk" might wanna start a savings account. :)

i have some "in the family" now... so thank goodness i don't have to "pay the retainer" up front :)

to be honest i never would have thought... and even after i was personally sued.. i still didn't believe it..

but last summer a case to beat all.... made me realize... its a different world..

it depends on the wording with each council

some expire and need to be renewed annually.

some have no expiration.

some will not take one until needed.

it depends on the council, the business, and the relationship that's established with that office.

many find it easier to save a bit at a time just in case... rather than have to have it all at once when you need it... that's all it is about.

i guess thats why Leo takes your money first when they raid you