Cease And Desist For Jackson County Dispensaries...

Vinkman

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually was thinking of each having a seperate room and caregive/teacher has a key to each while patient/student has only the key to their room...but only 5/6 for the building to keep it legal... Some ppl cannot grow at home for different reasons...this would be a chance for them to produce their own meds...safe & legal...72 plant max and the caregiver/teacher would be the responsible party...as long as each seperate room is locked and has only 12plants...would this be legal? Would the cost of this make it un-feasable? This is my idea and I want it vetted

OK I'll bite and offer some somewhat random thoughts.

There is a huge amount of difference in the amount of work/complications of running a 72 plant grow (not that anybody does that) and running 5-6 individual grows. You'd have multiple different light schedules, feedings, grow media, etc. etc. Plus a whole lot of additional traffic into the facility, which increases the likelihood of pests, etc. This would be somewhat mitigated by the grows being separated but unless each unit was not at all connected to any other or any common space and all units had their own climate control, etc........wow.....talk about complicated. And all on separate electric meters and requiring separate occupants spaces sure to necessitate fire walls/doors and other such multi-tenant code requirements.

The other complication is that Bill Schuette has a hair-brained notion that either a pt or CG can enter the grow, but not both. So such a facility would be a huge target. Stupid, I know.

The upside is patients who otherwise could not grow can have the chance to do so. But you can be sure that their cost per oz. would be more expensive. You basically lose all economy of scale that allows a CG to keep costs down.

You could probably expect the following bare minimum monthly cost for the facility:

Rent: $1,600 (remember you need 5-6 separate units....small or sure, but a small space costs only a little bit less to build than a larger space.....)

Insurance: $200

Water/sewer: $300 (assuming shared use)

lawn/snow, etc.: $200

That gets us close to $500 per month per patient. And we haven't paid the CG or the light bill

I know. I first thought of the idea back in the late 70s. I was young, broke, and naive. Somebody else that was in a better position than I started making them in the early 90s.

I can't believe they are copy protected. Can you have some made up with cannabis leaves and market them in college towns?

Thanks for that response...I like that you broke it all down for me...I hope I dont need to pay you a consultant fee:)... jk...

I think it can be done for less...first of all if I was the cg patients would not need to pay me...I can take care of lawn & snow...but the light bill would be based on lights used...each room can would need to be seperate for legal reasons...also the light bill could be a shared expense...I would charge $100/month + utilities... each grow would need their own lights, fans, ect...

What do you think now?

The last thing I am trying to do is hide it. It has potential to offer patients reasonable access to legitimate sources of mj. If they see value in it, and abide by the law, there is no more risk than they are willing to take.

Bethany who?

bethany from the micado f.m and c.c

I found some lockers in the news paper today, only prob is there having an 8yr olds b.d party rite in front of them, this could be a problem

lockersinbowlingalley_zpsa7bf7074.jpg

Peace

Jim

bethany from the micado f.m and c.c

I found some lockers in the news paper today, only prob is there having an 8yr olds b.d party rite in front of them, this could be a problem

lockersinbowlingalley_zpsa7bf7074.jpg

Peace

Jim

"It’s totally out of control for the people who wanted it, it’s out of control in terms of crime, it’s out of control period. What I’m asking my commissioners to do... is go back to your communities and tell them about children, tell them about the need for regulation," - Jessica Cooper

Thanks for that response...I like that you broke it all down for me...I hope I dont need to pay you a consultant fee:)... jk...

I think it can be done for less...first of all if I was the cg patients would not need to pay me...I can take care of lawn & snow...but the light bill would be based on lights used...each room can would need to be seperate for legal reasons...also the light bill could be a shared expense...I would charge $100/month + utilities... each grow would need their own lights, fans, ect...

What do you think now?

I don't know of you could have all the lights on the same meter or not. Local zoning might require separate spaces, each up to current code. So separate utilities would be needed. But say you're looking at something more low key - not an idea to repeat over and over, but a guy in a barn with different rooms built and less need for local approvals as would be needed for most/any commercial business.

You might reconsider separate meters. Consumers energy charges about 10 cents per kilowatt/hour for the first 600 kw/H and then 15 cents for every hour after that. So by going to separate meters, you bump your electrical cost by about 50%. Also, a standard 200amp service may not be enough to run everything you need to run, so you would then need either an expanded service or a second or third service.

But if you are thinking about divided grow areas in a barn and kinda under the radar, I do think there are quite a few people who would like this idea. If some patients could get as much as they could grow for about $500/month with their 12 plants, I do think you'd find some takers.

My first question as a patient would be, "why would you do this for free." I'm distrustful of people who offer services for free....makes you wonder what the motivation is. Convince your patients that you aren't going to pinch buds off their plants when they are not around, and I think you could generate some interest.

Again though, Bill S says either the CG or the patient in the grow....but not both. This is the main sticking point.

Thank you Highlander...I want to say that the service would not be free as that the patient would pay rent & utilities...I think that being able to grow makes a patient more independent...I think the law says that a patient and caregiver are the only ones who can enter the grow area...also I would never pinch their buds I already grow my own...Thanks for the advice...

Question about dispensaries example Was/Is Cargiver "A's " MMJ sold to Cargiver A's patient or was/is it sold to any patient?

Are patients signed up with a caregiver at all? Never understood how they operated within the act. never been to one either

Can someone please explain how they operate within the act?

The Michigan Supreme Court just ruled they weren't within the law.

I don't know of you could have all the lights on the same meter or not. Local zoning might require separate spaces, each up to current code. So separate utilities would be needed. But say you're looking at something more low key - not an idea to repeat over and over, but a guy in a barn with different rooms built and less need for local approvals as would be needed for most/any commercial business.

You might reconsider separate meters. Consumers energy charges about 10 cents per kilowatt/hour for the first 600 kw/H and then 15 cents for every hour after that. So by going to separate meters, you bump your electrical cost by about 50%. Also, a standard 200amp service may not be enough to run everything you need to run, so you would then need either an expanded service or a second or third service.

But if you are thinking about divided grow areas in a barn and kinda under the radar, I do think there are quite a few people who would like this idea. If some patients could get as much as they could grow for about $500/month with their 12 plants, I do think you'd find some takers.

My first question as a patient would be, "why would you do this for free." I'm distrustful of people who offer services for free....makes you wonder what the motivation is. Convince your patients that you aren't going to pinch buds off their plants when they are not around, and I think you could generate some interest.

Again though, Bill S says either the CG or the patient in the grow....but not both. This is the main sticking point.

Mr.Bill S did say it but I don't believe it would stand up in a court room in front of a jury

If you could get it to a jury and IMHO is why the PA are fighting so hard to keep it from getting that far once it gets to the people the State knows its over for them

And people should keep standing up and stop taking plead deals if they our not guilty

I tell people all the time if you didn't do it stand up but if you did save your $$

OK I'll bite and offer some somewhat random thoughts.

There is a huge amount of difference in the amount of work/complications of running a 72 plant grow (not that anybody does that) and running 5-6 individual grows. You'd have multiple different light schedules, feedings, grow media, etc. etc. Plus a whole lot of additional traffic into the facility, which increases the likelihood of pests, etc. This would be somewhat mitigated by the grows being separated but unless each unit was not at all connected to any other or any common space and all units had their own climate control, etc........wow.....talk about complicated. And all on separate electric meters and requiring separate occupants spaces sure to necessitate fire walls/doors and other such multi-tenant code requirements.

The other complication is that Bill Schuette has a hair-brained notion that either a pt or CG can enter the grow, but not both. So such a facility would be a huge target. Stupid, I know.

The upside is patients who otherwise could not grow can have the chance to do so. But you can be sure that their cost per oz. would be more expensive. You basically lose all economy of scale that allows a CG to keep costs down.

You could probably expect the following bare minimum monthly cost for the facility:

Rent: $1,600 (remember you need 5-6 separate units....small or sure, but a small space costs only a little bit less to build than a larger space.....)

Insurance: $200

Water/sewer: $300 (assuming shared use)

lawn/snow, etc.: $200

That gets us close to $500 per month per patient. And we haven't paid the CG or the light bill

I agree but will also add cost $$ for a great Lawyer

I think that anyone growing MJ should have a lawyer on retainer...as the laws change best to keep safe...

and i to agree but who pay's for that and why do we need one if you and me are legal i already no why because if caught we may end up in court and imho we all need to support what we have not what we may have imho

yep and just because the law says you can grow 12 per pt, dont mean you have too! come on people know the law, read it, there realy shouldnt be any one here asking about the law, it is in plain english, their is prob a spanish version too! lol

So read the Law simple as that, if it isnt in the law it is not legal, how hard can that be?

Peace

Jim