Cease And Desist For Jackson County Dispensaries...

Vinkman

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ignorance of the law is no excuse.

i can't...

never mind....

:)

sorry but..

i don't support a self storage locker facility at this time.

to many... "Unanswered questions"

u minus well allow 10 x 10 rooms.. and let people grow... since you try to claim you didn't know...

that would not stop the feds from visiting once they knew.... just like the local prosecutor might attempt to nail the locker owners, renters, and people who where caught up trying this storage idea.

there are rules and guidelines.. some spoken... some written... each with implications.

i wish anyone who attempts to engage in a "locker system" the highest degree of caution...and the best of luck.

right you see bob..

that's the true heart of the problem..

by the nature of this system it can't work where LEO won't infiltrate it.

if you know your circle.. and your patients.. and the people you are helping with their medical need, then you would not need a public locker.

to need a public locker would mean you are needing a unknown, unconnected transfer.

you would have to need to have a universal place to exchange meds by the nature of this system.

if you trusted the person... they would come meet you where you are safe already.

this is designed for people you do not know.

and that system would eventually attract and allow law enforcement to infiltrate it.

if you trust the "idea and protections" behind the medical use of cannabis..you don't need to hide behind a locker.

you would enter into a contractual agreement and fulfill medical need by whatever acts you saw necessary in a method where you are not storing meds in a locker for a stranger to retrieve....

wheres the accountability?

a person can't plead ignorance to everything...

why would a reasonable tenant permit someone else to access it?

they struck a deal.

some kind of deal. one where they did not want to make the exchange at their own property (major clue number one)

it would be your problem if you facilitate the location with knowledge of intent.

you would not be able to deny those transactions... and by setting up the facility in a place that would frequent the "target audience" you single-handedly and effectively negate your defense from the mere nature of the initial actions..

you would deny your own defense simply by setting up the lockers in a place that frequents medical cannabis users... and targeting that audience..

anyways..

Greg

seriously

if you personally wanna try it... go for it.

i won't support it.

it can not be justified rationally in this atmosphere at this time....

the SC just ruled on CA with this exact scenario..

and even tho it was deemed a public nuisance..the criminal charges have not yet reared their ugly head...

you would be charged with running a drug house.

whether or not you know about the specific instance of a legal violation will not dissuade the prosecutor when it comes to the nature of the particular system as a whole.

How would LEO successfully infiltrate it?

by simply responding to one of the caregivers who facilitate a unconnected transfer.

LEO does not care... they will trace everyone.. and everything.. and charge when and where they can.

the owner would plead no responsibility... but when push comes to shove... the mere nature of this system would act to condemn the people involved..

by simply responding to one of the caregivers who facilitate a unconnected transfer.

LEO does not care... they will trace everyone.. and everything.. and charge when and where they can.

the owner would plead no responsibility... but when push comes to shove... the mere nature of this system would act to condemn the people involved..

Who knows? If a pt or cg were to be approached by LEO, and were to require that he provide proof of documentation, to include a patient registry card, or perhaps clinical notes that a physician has stated...and choose to proceed with section 8 provisions, and not xfer an excessive amount that is more than is reasonably necessary...but that would be outside my purview anyway, it would be difficult to prosecute.

This is not recommending that anything illegal go on, but maintains compliance with the law using the AD. Tenants and prospective patients are big people, and can and should determine how to proceed. I am not a babysitter.

Edited by GregS

Like a broken record... Blah, blah, blah, skip.Blah, blah, blah, Blah, blah, blah, skip. Blah, blah, blah, skip

And no facts to support your argument that someone would be arrested. You have obviously run your line of bullschit to its predictable end. Blah is the best you can do?

There is a matter of convenience. Someone here said it is cost prohibitive to deliver quarter ozs to patients, and that this would open up reasonable access for those who don't want any more than that, because he would not have to bear travel costs and drive time. Other statements have been made that it would be convenient if a cg wants or needs to go out of town for extended periods, and would be able to complete their transactions by whatever means they have.

Why not just have vending machines?

Locker,... vending machine... i fail to see a real difference.

If a vending machine is used expressly for cannabis, and that is the stated purpose, things start going McQueenish, especially if someone other than the person who owns the mj even puts it in the machine for sale. If it is required that patient ID be required to access it that person who inspects it and authorizes access becomes involved in the chain of custody. That is not private secure storage so much as it is a clearly delineated marijuana distribution system. Would you also vend Cheetos and Pay Days from the same machine?

Edited by GregS

If a vending machine is used expressly for cannabis, and that is the stated purpose, things start going McQueenish. That is not private secure storage so much as it is a clearly delineated marijuana distribution system. Would you also vend Cheetos and Pay Days from the same machine?

So this is just like what the Supreme Court said we couldn't do but you pretend their isn't any cannabis involved. Which means if anyone ever finds out what you are doing it is illegal. Maybe I'm missing the point here but I thought the determining factor for a good idea was that if you went to court it would be legal even if you didn't pretend. If they actually find out what you are doing it's illegal. So why do it at all? What's the point?

So this is just like what the Supreme Court said we couldn't do but you pretend their isn't any cannabis involved. Which means if anyone ever finds out what you are doing it is illegal. Maybe I'm missing the point here but I thought the determining factor for a good idea was that if you went to court it would be legal even if you didn't pretend. If they actually find out what you are doing it's illegal. So why do it at all? What's the point?

You stll have not explained how I would become engaged in the chain of custody. First things first please?

You stll have not explained how I would become engaged in the chain of custody. First things first please?

Who are 'YOU' in this deal gone wrong? The store owner, or the patient, or the seller? I don't give a rats behind about the store owner. It's the two transferers that are a concern because they are the real folks that matter. As soon as the judge gets to the truth they are no diifferent than those who the Supreme Court said were illegal.

And I do not pretend there is not cannabis involved. It is one of any number of things that an individual might store, and if you had been paying attention you would be aware that I have repeated that. I know you smoke a lot of d0pe, but damm. I am okay with it because to store mj in a secure, locked, private place is not against the law as long as you are qualified.

And I do not pretend there is not cannabis involved. It is one of any number of things that an individual might store, and if you had been paying attention you would be aware that I have repeated that. I know you smoke a lot of d0pe, but damm. I am okay with it because to store mj in a secure, locked, private place is not against the law as long as you are qualified.

All you are saying is that the possibility exists that it might not be cannabis in that there locker. So what really? It's when it is cannabis and the judge finds out, is where the train comes off the tracks.