Cease And Desist For Jackson County Dispensaries...

Vinkman

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these few noobs here the best the dispensary lobby has to offer up to counter us? LMAO!

Peanut, you have us nailed man. We get together in very small anti-dispensary cells and plot their destruction. That is our only focus! Seriously, this has always been a one sided agressor conflict and it has been them not us doing the stone throwing. As challenged earlier, show us where we have been in the media tarring and feathering them as they have done to CG's? Take all the time you need..... Oh, you can't find it... Thought so.

That being said, we are watching, we are waiting and we most definitely are preparing a counter strike to any unfavorable legislation. Maybe you heard.....

The problem with the collectives/pyramids is that knowingly transferring to someone transferring to another isn't medical use for the person you are directly transferring to. It is medical use for the person THEY are transferring to, but you aren't transferring for medical use.

Took me a while to wrap my head around that 2 years ago when I thought it was a good idea.

Dr. Bob

SFC,

What are your thoughts on some of the different venues closing and becoming more like collectives?

What is the correct way to do that, and what would a patient want to beware of?

Sry if I am stealing your thunder C., but any system that facilitates transactions between a patient and his/her caregiver, to include (I expect you mean) registry collectives that maximize patient access, is the direction the law requires we take.

Edited by GregS

The problem with the collectives/pyramids is that knowingly transferring to someone transferring to another isn't medical use for the person you are directly transferring to. It is medical use for the person THEY are transferring to, but you aren't transferring for medical use.

Took me a while to wrap my head around that 2 years ago when I thought it was a good idea.

Dr. Bob

And an individual would incriminate him/herself why???

Look, anyone can come up with a grandiose scheme to try and circumvent the law but we all know there is only one legal method. Anything beyond that is going to be up to whatever personal risk you are willing to take. Anything commercial is going to draw attention.

I just was reading today where one well known activist was encouraging the dispensary people to "just start calling themselves provisioning centers now because 4271 was going to pass and they would already be in compliance," lol. This is insane.

Look, anyone can come up with a grandiose scheme to try and circumvent the law but we all know there is only one legal method. Anything beyond that is going to be up to whatever personal risk you are willing to take. Anything commercial is going to draw attention.

I just was reading today where one well known activist was encouraging the dispensary people to "just start calling themselves provisioning centers now because 4271 was going to pass and they would already be in compliance," lol. This is insane.

Stupid is as stupid does.

If it ain't transferring from caregiver to patient, under either section 4 or section 8, forget it.

It is time we lobbied for p2p.

Dr. Bob

I wonder how this could be proven. I agree with you 100%, just not sure how this would work for a LEO.

Makes me wonder how many arrangements there are like this off the grid. The bigger problem I see would be moving the money successfully.

Stupid is as stupid does.

If it ain't transferring from caregiver to patient, under either section 4 or section 8, forget it.

It is time we lobbied for p2p.

So why not Unregulated Legalization

then dispensaries,provisional centers, pot shops , what ever you want to call them, would be legal. An even field for All

Anything less than Unregulated Legalization will be exploited by special groups.

It is what it is and it's a Bad Bet for Disp for a while...

Thank God Our Patients are in good shape....thank you SC

So why not Unregulated Legalization

then dispensaries,provisional centers, pot shops , what ever you want to call them, would be legal. An even field for All

Anything less than Unregulated Legalization will be exploited by special groups.

It is what it is and it's a Bad Bet for Disp for a while...

Thank God Our Patients are in good shape....thank you SC

Umm. Because this is about medical mj?

Didn't work out so good for Kaya Provision Center.

BLACKMAN TOWNSHIP, MI – The recent raid of a medical marijuana dispensary was the first in the Jackson area since a Michigan Supreme Court ruling gave local authorities the ability to shut dispensaries down.

On Tuesday, Feb. 19, members of law enforcement including the Jackson Narcotics Enforcement Team raided Kaya Provision Center, located at 740 Laurence Ave.

Lt. Dave Cook of JNET said an undercover agent was sent to the medical marijuana dispensary to purchase the drug. That person was not a patient at Kaya, police said.

According to the Feb. 8 Michigan Supreme Court ruling, caregivers can only sell to their specific patients. It also gave county prosecutors the ability to shut down dispensaries as public health nuisances.

Cook said because Kaya sold to someone who was not a member, law enforcement was able to obtain and execute a search warrant in the raid last week.

Cook said this led to another search warrant to a residence on Moscow Road, which had a “substantial grow operation.” He added that several people would be charged as a result of the raid, but did not know the specific charges.

Attempts to contact the owners of Kaya Provision Center were not successful. However, in a Feb. 20 post on the Kaya Provision Center’s Facebook page, it was stated that the business was closed for unforeseen reasons and in the comments confirmed the provision center had been raided.

Controversy followed Kaya Provision Center when the dispensary opened in June of last year next door to ABC Daycare. Parents complained to the Blackman Township Board however then-supervisor Dan Hawkins, though sympathetic, said there was “no indication of serious problems related to medical marijuana dispensaries in the township.”

Over the weekend the Jackson County Prosecutor Jerry Jarzynka sent letters to county dispensaries, ordering them to cease and desist operation. As of Monday, Feb. 25, anyone operating a medical marijuana dispensary could be prosecuted.

Cook said so far the raid on Kaya was the first JNET has done since the Supreme Court ruling, however it has not been the first of this kind. In 2011, law enforcement raided Hydroworld in Jackson and in Lansing on similar accusations after several months of investigation.

http://www.mlive.com...rcement_12.html

Money

You hit the nail on the head. It is all about money, not social activism. Most dispensaries closed after the CoA ruling in Mcqueen. Some reopened when they figured they could get away with it while the SC was dealing with it. Now that the ruling is down, it looks pretty clear cut. That they are getting warnings serves two purposes:

1/ Ok we let you slide, now that it is clear we are going to give you a chance to close so we don't have to bother with you.

2/ If you are warned and remain open, we are going to use that as evidence of your criminal intent at trial when we arrest you.

Dr. Bob

The effects of dispensaries shutting down:

Patients who were purchasing through dispensaries either will not be able to get meds or will start looking to the black market before seeking out a caregiver. There will be those who will choose to seek out a caregiver or even try to grow for themselves. All in all, the demand for caregivers will increase.

For caregivers who were supplying to dispensaries:

Some will be stuck with extra meds and no convenient way to get rid of it. Other caregivers have connections on the streets. There may be a big wave of MMJ on the black market.

I would support dispensaries providing there would be no negative impact on the patient/caregiver system as written in our law. Dispensaries offered patients a variety of strains to try. The option to forgo obtaining a caregiver or growing for themselves. Dispensaries offer availability of meds in between harvests or if a harvest was delayed or ruined due to unforeseen circumstances.

All in all, with the shutting down of dispensaries, many patients will be without meds for a period of time and there will most likely be a lot more meds distributed via the black market.

I am sure it will work itself out over time. Patients will find viable caregivers or learn to grow themselves and possibly become caregivers over time. Current caregivers will continue to gain experience and become more skilled.

you may find it to be ridiculous, but I believe in a thing called reality.....

So a CG that has 5 registered patients, each of those 5 patients have their allowed amount, is supposed to supply to more than there 5 registered patients with their extras (overages)? is that what you are implying? Now that they cannot bring those overages to a dispensary to help other patients through that model.

Is this arguing for the sake of arguing? I am disappointed, I really thought you to be better than that, at least in the past. I suppose time can change many things.

you may find it to be ridiculous, but I believe in a thing called reality..... So a CG that has 5 registered patients, each of those 5 patients have their allowed amount, is supposed to supply to more than there 5 registered patients with their extras (overages)? is that what you are implying? Now that they cannot bring those overages to a dispensary to help other patients through that model. Is this arguing for the sake of arguing? I am disappointed, I really thought you to be better than that, at least in the past. I suppose time can change many things.

I just think people are 'playing' helpless. If they were willing to sell their overages illegally to a dispensary IN PUBLIC why aren't they willing to sell them to a patient directly in private? It's not like dispensaries were safe to sell to before. I know a guy that went to jail for that. The COA said dispensaries were illegal a long time ago. The Supreme Court just said this DID NOT change. That's reality for you.

Edited by Restorium2

Yes, I agree that some people are playing helpless. For many, it was about convenience. There are those however, that are not able to grow due to their living arrangements, such as federal housing, disabilities, etc. Others are not able to find caregivers willing and able to meet their needs, financially, quality, or quantity.

I do not, and never have agreed that dispensaries were legal. I just believe that they should be.

As for selling to patients that are not connected to you through the program, that can be very dangerous, especially if you do not know them i.e. Undercover cops. I strongly believe I have had a few LEO PM me and even e-maile me asking for meds. As I recall, LEO in oakland county produced fake cards to bust dispensaries. What is to stop them from trying to use the same tactics to bust overzealous caregivers and patients?

I am not encouraging anyone to break any laws. I simply stated my opinion of the outcome of the dispensaries closing.

I am thinking in reality......

Yes, I agree that some people are playing helpless. For many, it was about convenience. There are those however, that are not able to grow due to their living arrangements, such as federal housing, disabilities, etc. Others are not able to find caregivers willing and able to meet their needs, financially, quality, or quantity. I do not, and never have agreed that dispensaries were legal. I just believe that they should be. As for selling to patients that are not connected to you through the program, that can be very dangerous, especially if you do not know them i.e. Undercover cops. I strongly believe I have had a few LEO PM me and even e-maile me asking for meds. As I recall, LEO in oakland county produced fake cards to bust dispensaries. What is to stop them from trying to use the same tactics to bust overzealous caregivers and patients? I am not encouraging anyone to break any laws. I simply stated my opinion of the outcome of the dispensaries closing. I am thinking in reality......

Convenience can be way overrated. Nothing that does much good is convenient. Convenience can spoil a great thing and often does. It's a terrible excuse most of the time.

In retail the standard is the KEYSTONE--sell for double what it cost you: example,

buy at $200 an O, sell at $400 an O. Buy at $300 an O sell for $600.

Walmart is presssed by competitors and can no longer keystone, thus its financial stattus is deteriorating, as has already happened to Sears in a major way. Federated faded away for the same reason.

Most businesses run on 35 to 40% profit, it pays for everything, medical, profit sharing you name it, now pizza joints mark up 100% mj has historicly been you make 25% you get an lb 3/4 of the lb should pay for it, than you have 1/4lb for profit, nothing realy has changed accept people that I know have been force to do it by the gram, most people I know get 10 bucks a gram, period if some one wants a 1/4 oz its 70 bucks, in the mm biz a 5 gram sack is pretty good size and its 50 bucks, 200 an oz is good out right, but if people are going to 1/8 you to death its 35 bucks an 1/8, If a very large union painting shop can run on 35% to 40% and make the owner a million aire, there is no way in hell im gonna pay double street value for mm in a despense, and my street meds are every bit as good or better than some one growing legal, just becuase it is underground does not mean its from mexico, my underground is grown in mich, and some times I get lucky and get some out door grown!

Ive been self empoyed my whole adult life, I know how a business has to be run and what it takes, and yes ive sold pizza's and subs, at my brothers party store, there is always ways to put some dead presidents in a cigar box and not the cash register, and most do it, bars,,,ya ever see a bar owner at the liquir store? I have, and I know bar owners, I knew one bar that was buying ryans cream for 9 bucks and pouring it into baileys bottles, not that is 100% profit but if they get caught there will be much to pay!

Peace

Jim

Jim,

What do you think of the Tax Stamps idea? I have seen a few people bring it up and I think it has merit.

I love the stories about the old days. Michigan has always had a great counter culture presence that I don't think we have ever gotten enough credit for. And yes I have also seen Bar Owners at the Liquor store. :)