Cease And Desist For Jackson County Dispensaries...

Vinkman

did not say sell a gram for 1-2$. said add a transfer fee .. of 1-2$. Instead of a dispensary purchasing for 150. and doubling the price to 300. just add 10-15 on top of the 150. please read carefully instead of being defensive. IMHO a dispensary should not profit 100% or more for just a transfer.

What does it say about me if I say "you should never make more than minimum wage"? "Why do you deserve to ever make more than that?"

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time with organized groups of people attacking dispensaries for years.

Dispensary folks, a couple of them, may have said one or two things in the past that were in error. And there are stupid jerks in every crowd.

No one in the dispensary crowd has ever sat down with their buddies and said "Lets see how we can close caregivers down and rip off patients."

There have been small groups of people that sat down and said "lets get dispensaries all closed down." And they do this, because of the false idea that dispensaries want to shut down caregivers.

I'm sure that you can give one or two examples of a dispensary owner being a jerk.

I can point out several people here that have spent years attempting to close every one of them down. Which would result in hundreds of people being arrested.

Yeah, I know .. Daryl at 3rd coast said something stupid more than three years ago. Several people have been trying to gain revenge for the statement ever since. Years of attempts to extract revenge. And it's still taking place.

This was the most honest and factual statement I have read on here in the last two years. Hands down. Appreciate your two cents on the

matter pb.

Groups of professionals self-police to a large degree. ABA, AMA, etc. The good ones flush out the bad. That's what helps keep government regulation out. If not for AMA Dr.'s might run amuck and the government would step in and regulate.

Some of us look at medical cannabis the same way.. If the community comes together to correct bad situations and spotlight illegal activity, then we run less risk of regulation.

Do you honestly believe that the proliferation of dispensaries had nothing to do with the slew of bad bills last year?

Edited by Highlander

Yes many people want dispensaries closed but please quit pretending you think these same folks want the owners arrested. Many anti dispensary folks regularly say they don't want people arrested.

People who are anti dispensary almost all just want to see them closed since they are illegal. If the owners continue to operate then they are adults and know the risks involved.

Why don't you start a poll and see how many people actually want dispensary owners to voluntarily close and how many want owners in jail.

Then we can quit wasting time on this topic.

BTW some keen insight you have there to know that no dispensary interests have discussed how to eliminate home grows. I guess they just say meds should not be grown in basements to the media but they are kidding. I guess I didn't get he joke.

99% of disp. owners I have talked to have absolutely no interest in eliminating home grows; or taking away ANY of the Patient/CG Rights.

Claiming there illegal is a little extreme in my eyes... The state ruling simply says that they are not included in the language of the law. A violation

of the public health code. Now does that mean the law was written without dispensaries in mind? Absolutely Not. As the legislature was being introduced

Cali dispensaries had a bad public image at that particular moment. To ensure a better chance of having the law make it through, it was written as if

dispensaries were included without the physical name present throughout the law.

Example:

We honor out of state MM Cards in our law....in terms of being able to use and acquire medicine... but these same patients don't have any growing rights

or the ability to obtain a CG in state. So what other option would there be for them to go about acquiring medicine?

Medical marijuana Shop Offers Free Joints to Help with Food Drive

BLACKMAN TWP., (Mich) -- It's a food drive that's sure to catch your attention.

A Jackson County medical marijuana shop is offering up to four free joints in exchange for canned goods.

It's an offer Tom Downs, owner of Canna Care on West Ganson Street in Blackman Township has been advertising since Tuesday.

"Every patient that comes in and brings in two cans of non-perishable items, we'll give away one pre-roll marijuana joint," said Downs.

He told 6 News the maximum amount of free joints patients can get is four. So far, at least 100 people have come into his shop to donate.

"Well the concept is simple, I want to give back to the community," said Downs. "A lot of people in Jackson that are hurting."

Downs stressed everyone must have a valid Michigan medical marijuana card to get the free pot.

"If you're a non-patient, then obviously you can't get any medicine from us, but if you're a non-patient and you want to contribute to the food drive, you're more than welcome," said Downs.

"We are very very strict," he said. "I turn away people all the time because they don't have the proper identification."

Downs has already filled up one box of food and donated it to the Jackson Interfaith Shelter.

Rolanda Triplett works at the shelter. She told 6 News, "We don't pass judgement as to what people do in their private life or their organizations. We have a goal and that's to keep the shelter running so that we can keep people off the street so their donation is appreciated."

Canna Care will be accepting food donations in exchange for joints through March 1.

It's not exactly clear if the free pot for food is legal.

According to the Jackson County prosecutor's office, it is illegal to give marijuana to anyone, even with a medical marijuana card, unless it's coming from their registered health care provider.

Medical marijuana Shop Offers Free Joints to Help with Food Drive

BLACKMAN TWP., (Mich) -- It's a food drive that's sure to catch your attention.

A Jackson County medical marijuana shop is offering up to four free joints in exchange for canned goods.

It's an offer Tom Downs, owner of Canna Care on West Ganson Street in Blackman Township has been advertising since Tuesday.

"Every patient that comes in and brings in two cans of non-perishable items, we'll give away one pre-roll marijuana joint," said Downs.

He told 6 News the maximum amount of free joints patients can get is four. So far, at least 100 people have come into his shop to donate.

"Well the concept is simple, I want to give back to the community," said Downs. "A lot of people in Jackson that are hurting."

Downs stressed everyone must have a valid Michigan medical marijuana card to get the free pot.

"If you're a non-patient, then obviously you can't get any medicine from us, but if you're a non-patient and you want to contribute to the food drive, you're more than welcome," said Downs.

"We are very very strict," he said. "I turn away people all the time because they don't have the proper identification."

Downs has already filled up one box of food and donated it to the Jackson Interfaith Shelter.

Rolanda Triplett works at the shelter. She told 6 News, "We don't pass judgement as to what people do in their private life or their organizations. We have a goal and that's to keep the shelter running so that we can keep people off the street so their donation is appreciated."

Canna Care will be accepting food donations in exchange for joints through March 1.

It's not exactly clear if the free pot for food is legal.

According to the Jackson County prosecutor's office, it is illegal to give marijuana to anyone, even with a medical marijuana card, unless it's coming from their registered health care provider.

Great way to sign up more patients?

99% of disp. owners I have talked to have absolutely no interest in eliminating home grows; or taking away ANY of the Patient/CG Rights.

Claiming there illegal is a little extreme in my eyes... The state ruling simply says that they are not included in the language of the law. A violation

of the public health code. Now does that mean the law was written without dispensaries in mind? Absolutely Not. As the legislature was being introduced

Cali dispensaries had a bad public image at that particular moment. To ensure a better chance of having the law make it through, it was written as if

dispensaries were included without the physical name present throughout the law.

Example:

We honor out of state MM Cards in our law....in terms of being able to use and acquire medicine... but these same patients don't have any growing rights

or the ability to obtain a CG in state. So what other option would there be for them to go about acquiring medicine?

I also use this part of the Law when someone pointed it out about the out of State cards being legal here where are they to get Meds?

Be careful when you are stating dangerous ideas as fact is also important.

what?

first i state NOTHING is fact.

and i am the first person to admit when i am wrong.

happily.

i do it often.

there is no such thing as a fact. except you were born and you will die.

everything on this earth is an opinion.

Great way to sign up more patients?

No the food drive/free cannabis dispensary stunt is a great way to show we are cowboys and need more regulation. Think about it and substitute vicodin for cannabis. Especially right after the McQueen decision.

Have a food drive, that's great. But to offer cannabis for 'donations of food' is not just 'bold' it is foolish and makes us look bad in the eyes of the non-cannabis general public, you know the ones that made up most of the 63% that voted for this law. Read the comments on the MLive article. Supporters of the law are having second thoughts due to headline grabbing publicity stunts which border on criminal (according to McQueen) activity.

Dr. Bob

No the food drive/free cannabis dispensary stunt is a great way to show we are cowboys and need more regulation. Think about it and substitute vicodin for cannabis. Especially right after the McQueen decision.

Have a food drive, that's great. But to offer cannabis for 'donations of food' is not just 'bold' it is foolish and makes us look bad in the eyes of the non-cannabis general public, you know the ones that made up most of the 63% that voted for this law. Read the comments on the MLive article. Supporters of the law are having second thoughts due to headline grabbing publicity stunts which border on criminal (according to McQueen) activity.

Dr. Bob

sorry you took it the wrong way.. I was being a smart donkey. I also think it's stupid.

sorry you took it the wrong way.. I was being a smart donkey. I also think it's stupid.

No, I didn't take it the wrong way. I too thought you were making the same point I was. Just amusing to look at some of the rather misguided 'free the weed' types that can't see a downside. 'but people are getting free meds and the hungry are being fed'. They just don't see the big picture.

Dr. Bob

peanutbutter, on 24 February 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

I have a hard time with organized groups of people attacking dispensaries for years.

Dispensary folks, a couple of them, may have said one or two things in the past that were in error. And there are stupid jerks in every crowd.

No one in the dispensary crowd has ever sat down with their buddies and said "Lets see how we can close caregivers down and rip off patients."

There have been small groups of people that sat down and said "lets get dispensaries all closed down." And they do this, because of the false idea that dispensaries want to shut down caregivers.

I'm sure that you can give one or two examples of a dispensary owner being a jerk.

I can point out several people here that have spent years attempting to close every one of them down. Which would result in hundreds of people being arrested.

Yeah, I know .. Daryl at 3rd coast said something stupid more than three years ago. Several people have been trying to gain revenge for the statement ever since. Years of attempts to extract revenge. And it's still taking place

Question Pb what did Daryl do with all those free samples from caregivers and did they sell all that cali hash they had? Im sure they did that was like 2 or 3 years ago.

peanutbutter, on 24 February 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

Yeah, I know .. Daryl at 3rd coast said something stupid more than three years ago. Several people have been trying to gain revenge for the statement ever since. Years of attempts to extract revenge. And it's still taking place

Question Pb what did Daryl do with all those free samples from caregivers and did they sell all that cali hash they had? Im sure they did that was like 2 or 3 years ago.

Remarks have been submitted in and in answer to legislation in Lansing that are intended to malign caregivers in the attempt to justify dispensaries. For this reason we have concluded that they are willing to work seriously to get rid of caregivers.