Cease And Desist For Jackson County Dispensaries...

Vinkman

Last night at the NORML meeting was a eye opener...only 3 of Jacksons 9 were represented...and word is they all will be getting a cease and desist letter from the county prosecuter...patients will no longer be able to obtain meds without having a caregiver...prices will go up and quality will go down...

Ppl need to get involved...600 signatures are needed to get decriminalization on the ballot in Jackson if you are a registered voter in the city of Jackson, you need to sign this...protect your rights...protect your property...

I hope its not too late...

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ppl need to get involved

It may not be to late but it's hard for most to understand sometimes @ the Start of the MMA every one was fighting for the same things Medical Marihuana

And now some want to take the next step to (free the weed) step instead of fighting for what we have some felt like the Medical battle was won now they no its not I hope

Good luck keep up the work your doing and Spread the word it ant over

Prices will go up and quality will come down? How and why?

Probably wishful thinking. They can make more money that way. These are the sellers talking. Not the buyers. They decide what the quality is and what it costs. They just said they were going to raise their prices out of spite. My prices and quality will stay the same unless I make some more advancements in my efficiency growing. Then the prices will come down some more.

If you are having a hard time understanding them that wrote that post then try thinking like a human cash register, not a real caregiver. Their thinking is a lot different than ours.

Any concrete evidence besides " I hear" concerning the shut down of any of the Jackson facilities?

Concerning dispensary price hikes... I'm glad that a certain group of individuals on here like to just dream up any story

that collaborates with their own intentions. The key fact that most dispensary hating CG's overlook is that THEY are the ones

that control the pricing structure. Dispensaries set prices based on not only quality alone but by the donation they can acquire it for.

A lot of CG's I've seen over the last few years expect street prices over something that is supposedly an "overage" they are looking to

get rid of to comply with the law. Now when your looking for 250-300/oz for something your doing legally to help medical patients; then

what other position do Disp. have then to ask for donations that will at least cover the expenses of operatoring?

what other position do Disp. have then to ask for donations that will at least cover the expenses of operatoring?

Now that is a point that doesn't get touched on enough. There is no successful dispensary business model that doesn't include them growing their own and selling it to recreational users. Believe it or not, that's what makes dispensaries popular to a large segment of dispensary supporters. It's legalization for recreational use by proxy through patient mules. When the recreational user can walk right in to the pot store and buy their marajuana legally themselves, then the dispensaries will be operating truthfully, and their profits will keep them in the black ink.

Edited by Restorium2

Now that is a point that doesn't get touched on enough. There is no successful dispensary business model that doesn't include them growing their own and selling it to recreational users. Believe it or not, that's what makes dispensaries popular to a large segment of dispensary supporters. It's legalization for recreational use by proxy through patient mules. When the recreational user can walk right in to the pot store and buy their marajuana legally themselves, then the dispensaries will be operating truthfully, and their profits will keep them in the black ink.

same thing happens through the caregiver system, are we getting real or are we asking LEO to follow the dope?

Any concrete evidence besides " I hear" concerning the shut down of any of the Jackson facilities?

Concerning dispensary price hikes... I'm glad that a certain group of individuals on here like to just dream up any story

that collaborates with their own intentions. The key fact that most dispensary hating CG's overlook is that THEY are the ones

that control the pricing structure. Dispensaries set prices based on not only quality alone but by the donation they can acquire it for.

A lot of CG's I've seen over the last few years expect street prices over something that is supposedly an "overage" they are looking to

get rid of to comply with the law. Now when your looking for 250-300/oz for something your doing legally to help medical patients; then

Another crucial factor overlooked is ..... dispensaries are not legal, recognized or wanted

same thing happens through the caregiver system, are we getting real or are we asking LEO to follow the dope?

Nope. Not a true comparison when you look at the differing overheads. You blew right past the qualifier in the statement 'operating costs'. It's like two different worlds. I'm not pressured to cover all those expenses so my 'business model' is viable without diversion. Plus I have other income that I use to support my establishment. In other words, I don't live off what comes out of the pockets of patients. I just use a little bit to help with my utility bills. Two totally different worlds in medical cannabis.

Ppl need to get involved

It may not be to late but it's hard for most to understand sometimes @ the Start of the MMA every one was fighting for the same things Medical Marihuana

And now some want to take the next step to (free the weed) step instead of fighting for what we have some felt like the Medical battle was won now they no its not I hope

Good luck keep up the work your doing and Spread the word it ant over

the despense and bad dr.'s are what caused all of the problems in the first place, period! and of course people working underground under the guise they are pt's and c.g's, I think the state is cleaning them up pretty good, bottom line if you dont want to get arrested dont break the laws, and keep you lips zipped!

As a caregiver, I find this statement highly offensive.

I do not agree with that particular statement about costs. Lets say there are a number of people who were/are relying on dispensaries and farmers markets to get their meds.

Then the customers/patients of those venues have to go somewhere else to obtain their meds. This then puts pressure on available local supply. Usually that increases prices not lowers them. Supply and demand thing. Still thanks for your input . Be well.

A 33% markup is common in most business. Dispensaries go waaay beyond that. Many cgs sell at lower prices than you suggest, or at the bottom end.

It is not unreasonable to suggest that costs might rise, but then we have to consider that non-connected patients can no longer demand product from cgs, which would tend to bring them down. It remains to be seen. The argument that quality will diminish is unfounded.

Edited by GregS

Any one with half a brain will know that the quality will go up and the prices down! pt's and c.g's is the best thing going for a steady supply of top grade mm and lower prices!

Peace

Jim

The person that started the thread said that not me. I only asked how and why . Didn't agree at all with the statement that he stated. that's why I wanted to know how and why he/she thought this would happen if dispensaries closed. I agree with you pt's and caregivers is the best thing going for a steady supply of top grade mm and lower prices. sorry forgot to quote the original poster

Another crucial factor overlooked is ..... dispensaries are not legal, recognized or wanted

Now when your speaking... are you representing yourself, a group/faction of people, or the whole state of Michigan itself? To say there not

wanted is your personal opinion; and an ignorant one at that. I've personally witnessed hundreds of patients that are eternally thankful for dispensaries

/compassion clubs etc for providing the service they do. A lot express the fact very clearly that w/o that model they simply would be out of meds.

A 33% markup is common in most business. Dispensaries go waaay beyond that. Many cgs sell at lower prices than you suggest, or at the bottom end.

go waaaaay beyond that? I dont know bud... I feel you might be speaking on a couple individual establishments that you personally may have frequented or been famaliar with. What I have seen is dramatically lower then what your speaking. Until your more educated with the collectives as a whole, I don't believe your statistics are justified in the slightest.