Cease And Desist For Jackson County Dispensaries...

Vinkman

Compared to a state sanctioned tax stamp, hmm. One would have zero risk involved for a small fee up front and one is totally going to get someone arrested... Neither of them is likely to happen but it is plain to see which one would be more desirable for all parties involved.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

thanks Greg for answering...

i agree.. it could be viable as a business entity..

but to work... the supporting facility has to have conceivable knowledge..

not that that's a bad thing..

but they will not be able to deny knowledge and therefore intent....

to be effective in this scenario..the facilitator has to market and allow access... and that's not all bad..

i agree. it could provide some kind of anonymity for the caregiver if structured properly...

but to support it without giving it its due intent would be dismissing the very excuse those who would use it allow themselves to do so under its known veil of protections.

it is ultimately about a access point.

final delivery.

so to assert any anonymity will ultimately lead to uncertain terms...

as a caregiver... i would rather meet and greet the person in a face to face scenario.. and make sure that person is who they say.. not trust a locker to ensure the person whom is supposed to be receiving the cannabis is in fact the person who is.

i get your point.

from a perspective of anonymity i just doubt the end result.

the facility will have to be known for this type of exchanges to be viable.. and that's a whole other discussion.

the providers not only have to know.. they have to support it... defend it.. market it.. and ensure its stocked and supplied with usable, profitable, marketable, desirable products...

:)

thanks Greg for answering...

i agree.. it could be viable as a business entity..

but to work... the supporting facility has to have conceivable knowledge..

not that that's a bad thing..

but they will not be able to deny knowledge and therefore intent....

to be effective in this scenario..the facilitator has to market and allow access... and that's not all bad..

i agree. it could provide some kind of anonymity for the caregiver if structured properly...

but to support it without giving it its due intent would be dismissing the very excuse those who would use it allow themselves to do so under its known veil of protections.

it is ultimately about a access point.

final delivery.

so to assert any anonymity will ultimately lead to uncertain terms...

as a caregiver... i would rather meet and greet the person in a face to face scenario.. and make sure that person is who they say.. not trust a locker to ensure the person whom is supposed to be receiving the cannabis is in fact the person who is.

i get your point.

from a perspective of anonymity i just doubt the end result.

the facility will have to be known for this type of exchanges to be viable.. and that's a whole other discussion.

the providers not only have to know.. they have to support it... defend it.. market it.. and ensure its stocked and supplied with usable, profitable, marketable, desirable products...

You may not wish to use this system. There will be those who insist on personal contact, and I can only admire that.

Compared to a state sanctioned tax stamp, hmm. One would have zero risk involved for a small fee up front and one is totally going to get someone arrested... Neither of them is likely to happen but it is plain to see which one would be more desirable for all parties involved.

Who would be arrested?

well..

its not that i would wish to not use it..

i just want to ensure anyone who does... does so with full knowledge and understanding...

i am not standing with or against it in that regard...

i was only pointing out the system of lockers does not have anonymity. not to work it doesn't.

and to be aware of its possible issues.

i would wish to use this system if it were proven safe and effective....

Greg..

thank you for engaging me tonight..

i can say without a doubt i absolutely appreciate everyone's perspective.

some people say we chase people off... that we are not "fair" that some of us gang up and attack other people.

i submit many here argue with intense passion.

in the old days a person with a dissenting opinion would be banned.

nowadays we stand tall...

argue aggressively.

and attempt to counter anything we feel is appropriate.

nobody is banned for expressing themselves constructively.

those who speak of injustice now are those who cannot support their argument to its fullest and finite position.

we allow most discussions to finish.

so in the regard of our discussion, i appreciate your input and want to say thank you for expressing your position and thoughts in such a constructive manner.

it is nice to have discussions in a productive manner.

i submit a locker system has a place possibly in the cannabis industry.

i agree it is a plausible outcome to a patients ability to achieve the most productive possible flexibility when attempting to be extending ones resources.

i only was questioning some of the details to the extent they were presented.

I also think it was a great observation that someone made earlier that if you combine a locker business of any sort with a normal revenue-generating business, you are just putting the real business at risk.

That was also me that mentioned that.

I've had lots of great business ideas over the years. Most don't stand up to detailed scrutiny.

"Twister" bed sheets!

Han Solosicles!

No freakin' way! I want to keep my $10 an hour job. You suggest that I do it for free now? I suggest you don't try to make money off of meds you didn't grow. How about them apples?

Does that mean it's OK to make money if you grow four tons at a time in an abandoned mine and then sell it in your stores?

They did grow it after all. Or, would it be alright if they had to buy it from you?

Will they be limited to charging only for "expenses" or will they have a 30% retail markup, plus sales tax?

Are we concerned about patient supply or are we concerned about losing our small market share?

The majority of the arguments that I've been reading seem to be more about money slipping through peoples hands. Both dispensary advocates and caregivers worried that they'll see a reduction in their income stream.

"If you let _______ sell marijuana then I won't be able to. It will hurt (patients, the economy, caregivers, innocent business men, the children etc.)."

Translation: "They're cutting in on my action!"

Am I the only one who has noticed the elephant in the room? I don't believe I've seen too many comments from patients who are all that worried. There has been a largely uninterrupted supply of cannabis in this country for 45 years that I can attest to, what makes you think it won't be available without caregivers or dispensaries?

(BTW, Twister bed sheets sound like fun!)

Edited by Wild Bill

Does that mean it's OK to make money if you grow four tons at a time in an abandoned mine and then sell it in your stores?

They did grow it after all. Or, would it be alright if they had to buy it from you?

Will they be limited to charging only for "expenses" or will they have a 30% retail markup, plus sales tax?

Are we concerned about patient supply or are we concerned about losing our small market share?

The majority of the arguments that I've been reading seem to be more about money slipping through peoples hands. Both dispensary advocates and caregivers worried that they'll see a reduction in their income stream.

"If you let _______ sell marijuana then I won't be able to. It will hurt (patients, the economy, caregivers, innocent business men, the children etc.)."

Translation: "They're cutting in on my action!"

Am I the only one who has noticed the elephant in the room? I don't believe I've seen too many comments from patients who are all that worried. There has been a largely uninterrupted supply of cannabis in this country for 45 years that I can attest to, what makes you think it won't be available without caregivers or dispensaries?

(BTW, Twister bed sheets sound like fun!)

Trust me, no one wants to do what I do for $10 an hour. Well, maybe the Mexican growers. What I'm saying is that if only the people who PERSONALLY GREW IT were charging/selling, then things would be right as rain. It's the middle man that needs to take a hike. That's illegal here anyway, and it's just getting in the way of a beautiful thing.

Trust me, no one wants to do what I do for $10 an hour. Well, maybe the Mexican growers. What I'm saying is that if only the people who PERSONALLY GREW IT were charging/selling, then things would be right as rain. It's the middle man that needs to take a hike. That's illegal here anyway, and it's just getting in the way of a beautiful thing.

Does anyone actually believe that the government will not eventually do what Canada has just done and outlaw all personal grows?

The only reason cannabis is illegal now is they haven't come up with an effective way to force us to pay them for the privilege of using it.

Many advocate the alcohol model for sales and that is probably what we will get sooner or later.

That way the government, big business and the narcotics police will all still be able to profit from us. If you buy it through state sanctioned channels then government/business get their cut, if you grow your own then it's still business as usual for the police/prison industry.

A win win for everyone that the politicians are worried about.

Edited by Wild Bill

I also think it was a great observation that someone made earlier that if you combine a locker business of any sort with a normal revenue-generating business, you are just putting the real business at risk.

If there were anything to that, storage facilities would not exist. Please do not suggest that contraband and stolen goods are not stored in those units. The locker system as I have considered it does not require that cannbis be stored, or for that matter overtly recommend that it be stored. Warrants would be required if authorities demand to inspect the contents. Tenants are not required to store cannabis, and it is entirely within the confines of the law to store permitted amounts in a private, locked space. The boyzgrrlz in Mt. Pleasant made the mistake of getting into the chain of custody between a cg and (in that case any) patient or between any two patients. We can learn from that. This is an entirely different animal.

Consider that keyed storage lockers are available at every bowling alley, bus station, YMCA, ski facility, and inside the front doors of the Saginaw County Courthouse (where I have had occasion to store cannabis and parapharnelia). The lockers I suggest are intended for any storage purpose, and privacy and confidentiality, just as they are in those other instances, are attractive components.

Edited by GregS

Greg..

thank you for engaging me tonight..

i can say without a doubt i absolutely appreciate everyone's perspective.

some people say we chase people off... that we are not "fair" that some of us gang up and attack other people.

i submit many here argue with intense passion.

in the old days a person with a dissenting opinion would be banned.

nowadays we stand tall...

argue aggressively.

and attempt to counter anything we feel is appropriate.

nobody is banned for expressing themselves constructively.

those who speak of injustice now are those who cannot support their argument to its fullest and finite position.

we allow most discussions to finish.

so in the regard of our discussion, i appreciate your input and want to say thank you for expressing your position and thoughts in such a constructive manner.

it is nice to have discussions in a productive manner.

Well thank you. I try.

And thank you for your courtesy. It is always good to engage without profane and rude commentary, which is so prevalent everywhere.

That was also me that mentioned that.

I've had lots of great business ideas over the years. Most don't stand up to detailed scrutiny.

"Twister" bed sheets!

Han Solosicles!

You have been getting high for years.

I appreciate your comments, but think in this case that they are speculative. Can you give us any facts to support those that suggest that the locker system can jeopardize a business please?

The bedsheet idea is great.

Edited by GregS

Does anyone actually believe that the government will not eventually do what Canada has just done and outlaw all personal grows?

The only reason cannabis is illegal now is they haven't come up with an effective way to force us to pay them for the privilege of using it.

Many advocate the alcohol model for sales and that is probably what we will get sooner or later.

That way the government, big business and the narcotics police will all still be able to profit from us. If you buy it through state sanctioned channels then government/business get their cut, if you grow your own then it's still business as usual for the police/prison industry.

A win win for everyone that the politicians are worried about.

My 'personal' hope is that Obama was serious with The Memo. The Memo was pointed right at folks like you describe, leaving the little caregiver/patient to their beautiful thing.